tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder
HoDad wrote:Way to lose your dedicated followers, woot. I am seriously going to consider if I will waste any more time on this site.

been a wooter since 08 and I have to agree...

ddarton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddarton

I remember a woot-off a couple years back that was stopped mid woot-off due to complainers. They went a whole day and then started it back up. Funniest thing I had seen. Any one else remember that?

Some people should lighten up just a little.

ymagness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ymagness

Chuck says it all...

w00t!

sorter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sorter

The ten monkeys at my work desk won't get a new friend? What kind of woot off was this?

RWM

clay0miller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clay0miller

That doesn't look like a bad laptop, especially for the price. Thing is, I'm typing this message on a Samsung laptop I got from Woot just a few months ago... Ah, well. I had fun (in a strange, masochistic sort of way). Also, reading comments was fun. Well, till next time!

captmeach7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages captmeach7

The processor is 1.4Ghz but can clock each of the 4 cores up to 2.3 depending on usage. read this review of the processor:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A-Series-A6-3400M-Notebook-Processor.55753.0.html

Can't compare it to a processor in a phone.

tfreeman451

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tfreeman451

I have to say that was a pretty disappointing Wootoff. I could care less about the there not being a Barrels of Crud or some little monkey key chain. But the items were a bit 'meh' and it showed by them lasting forever.

I was hoping to spend some of my tax return on something cool

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

PM me, I have an extra monkey, and you can have it. For free. no joke.

I love that people were left hanging - it's like a King novel....not that I've read any, but I've heard. Anyway, blue jester, you can even have your choice, I have a monkey key-chain, or a regular old screaming monkey.

bluejester wrote:I...

I just wanted some monkeys...

was that so much to ask?

*sobs in a corner

PhilFR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PhilFR

Friends don't let friends buy computers in the middle of the night.

Nothing to see here. Move along, folks.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

I have this computer. It is great. Never stalls on anything except when trying to get mythical carps.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

Anyone want to confirm or deny that this machine would be good for gaming? Seems like a great price for a laptop that you could actually game with.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

fmcwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fmcwoot

potter412

quality posts: 7 Private Messages potter412

Stop complaining. Woot does not always have a bag during a wootoff. People need to stop expecting to always see it. They run the show, not us.

allhighruler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages allhighruler

Go to http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do?template_type=series_detail&category=notebooks&series_name=dv7tqe_series&afsrc=1&aoid=35252 to get the computer for $450 BRAND NEW! Use coupon code NBDQ7556 at checkout. ONCE AGAIN WOOT, YOU FAIL

liquidblue1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages liquidblue1

Processor: AMD A6-3400M (1.4GHz) - 4 cores, but maybe a little on the slow side...
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A-Series-A6-3400M-Notebook-Processor.55753.0.html
According to this, one of the cores can be overclocked (automatically in the chip) to 2.3GHz; a bit better.

Screen Size: 17.3" - mmm tasty.

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6520G (Up to 4085MB) - not bad.

Memory: 8GB DDR3 (8GB max) - a good amount of memory

Hard Drive: 750GB SATA (5400rpm) - Step 1: take this drive out and put it in a USB drive enclosure, replace with a Solid State Drive. You'll be happy you did.

Optical Drive: Blu-ray Super-Multi DVD±RW - blu-ray RW drive is pretty sweet, especially at this price.

It's not a boutique brand gaming rig but a good value for the price, in my humble opinion.

dollarmtn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dollarmtn
potter412 wrote:Stop complaining. Woot does not always have a bag during a wootoff. People need to stop expecting to always see it. They run the show, not us.

There has always been a Barrels of Crud on woot offs .... ALWAYS

jessiferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessiferr

The clock struck midnight
and the woot-off was done
no monkeys, bags or roombas
not a single one!

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

Also, I was able to upgrade the os to pro right nonlinear for about $110. So, don't worry about that

jiridabear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jiridabear

Woot's pretentious policies write up does not guarantee a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! at the end of a Woot Off. Woot sells the Potty Emergency! that they can buy...I would think a possible way to make those items better is to stop buying lousy products and returning them...

Anyone who can do anything about it is probably asleep by now anyway...and I don't think acting like upset children is going to change that.

hopkindm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hopkindm
bsmith1 wrote:I don't think that ever happen since you joined in 2009.

I remember a restarted woot-off. But I think it wasn't intended to end, where this one seems pretty obvious.

iamhappy726

quality posts: 10 Private Messages iamhappy726

Some of the wooters sound like teens experiencing their first hangover... Never again... Until the next opportunity arises..They'll be back.

schouest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schouest
potter412 wrote:Stop complaining. Woot does not always have a bag during a wootoff. People need to stop expecting to always see it. They run the show, not us.

conceding already?

consumers drive even if the empire builds the roads, can't let them do both

wangstang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangstang

Tell Amazon and Woot! how you'd like to see future Barrels of Crud sales run in the following thread:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4879751

jeepinmark

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jeepinmark

What a cruel joke this woot off was.

Oh so disappointed I didn't get a chance at a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!

letshunt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages letshunt
dollarmtn wrote:There has always been a Barrels of Crud on woot offs .... ALWAYS

3-4 woot-offs ago. There was no Bag

Last woot-off there was no monkey. Just a pig that didn't even have a cape.

dmiller50

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dmiller50

Well, 3 days and I picked up a few things...was it worth no sleep, no food, no water, and no crap.....maybe....lol

Wadekind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wadekind
jiridabear wrote:Woot's pretentious policies write up does not guarantee a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! at the end of a Woot Off. Woot sells the Potty Emergency! that they can buy...I would think a possible way to make those items better is to stop buying lousy products and returning them...

Anyone who can do anything about it is probably asleep by now anyway...and I don't think acting like upset children is going to change that.

Thanks Mom.

?

ddarton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddarton
bsmith1 wrote:I don't think that ever happen since you joined in 2009.

Clearly remember it happening. A couple years is 2 but could have been less. Besides, just because I joined in 09 doesn't mean I couldn't have been lurking..

jmp8910

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jmp8910

Well, why yes it is dissapointing that there was no monkies or bags of crap, but I will still be coming to woot. I love it, i think its fun to see what they are going to post up next! The only thing I regret about the woot off is that a few of the items i really wanted (usb missle launcher, duracell battery things, and woot calanders to name a few) were posted when i was sleeping or i was too slow at getting them.

Thanks for a fun filled 3 days woot! Looking forward for the next woot off!!!

dtairtime

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtairtime

My first woot off. Bought a few things here for the last year or so and heard about bags of stuff but didn't ever take the time to find out what the deal was.

Finally find out this time and I spent WAY too much time on the site these last 3 days waiting for the bags.

Just bummed out now. Need a zanex.

coolrunner87

quality posts: 11 Private Messages coolrunner87

To the Woot product on hand:

The graphics card is the weak point on this machine. While it is more powerful than anything that Intel is currently putting out there on their integrated graphics, it can only play about half of the current games out there on Low at a decent resolution (720p).

So, if you're into playing games on Low quality or having a machine that can play slightly older (read mid-2000s) games at Medium/High quality, this may just be the computer for you.

mechanicsc

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mechanicsc

I have this exact laptop, bought refurbished from a big-box retailer's website (the one where the greeter loves you) for $60 less than woot's price, though mine doesn't have the blu-ray drive.

It is a very nice laptop, and has really good audio. However, it is big and heavy.

One thing which is not immediately obvious from the pictures is that the 9-cell battery protrudes from the bottom of the laptop -- notice how in the pics that the hinged end of the laptop looks like it is "floating"? That's because the battery protrudes a good 3/4 of an inch from the bottom of the laptop. Not bad if using this on a desk, but not so good when using it on your lap or carrying it in a case. One nice thing about the protruding battery is it can act somewhat like a carrying handle (the metal case is slippery).

Battery life is really good, I regularly get 4+ hours on high performance settings with full display brightness.

I'm not a gamer, so I can't comment on gaming performance, but I have heard others say it is "pretty good" (read: average). The 1.4 GHz processor spec is a bit misleading, in that the AMD A6 throttles up to 2.3 GHz as needed.

Overall performance for most everyday tasks is pretty good. This thing is not a mega-speed-demon, but you aren't going to get that at this price point anyway.

Windows Experience Index ratings:
Processor: 6.6
Memory (RAM): 7.3
Graphics: 5.8
Gaming graphics: 6.5
Primary hard disk: 5.9

Display is clear and bright.

Bonus: this laptop supports two internal hard drives (without removing the optical drive). Nice if you want to add a SSD for the OS but still have a large conventional drive for mass storage.

Woot's writeup doesn't mention it, but this laptop does have a fingerprint reader as well (rectangle on lower right just below numeric keypad).

Weird: the hard drive activity light is on the side of the laptop case (beside the right-side USB ports), so you can't see it easily when using the laptop.

All in all its a solid buy (new this model is in the $700-ish range), as long as you don't mind a big, heavy laptop.

rychard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rychard
allhighruler wrote:Go to http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do?template_type=series_detail&category=notebooks&series_name=dv7tqe_series&afsrc=1&aoid=35252 to get the computer for $450 BRAND NEW! Use coupon code NBDQ7556 at checkout. ONCE AGAIN WOOT, YOU FAIL

The coupon does not drop the price to $450, it merely takes $450 OFF the price.

Choosing the base model of everything, I could only get the price down to $799.99 (w/ free shipping). Granted, I didn't do any deep research, I just clicked through really quickly to see if you were correct.

I don't know if I'm happy or sad that you weren't.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
dollarmtn wrote:There has always been a Barrels of Crud on woot offs .... ALWAYS

There has not ALWAYS been a Barrels of Crud . It is true that most woot-offs have one, but not every single woot-off has had one.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

It's a bargain site, not a way of life.

Adjust expecations, anyone?

letshunt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages letshunt
Sheneron wrote:Man woot is really starting to go down the toilet of recent. First shirt.woot upping prices and reducing quality, now this...

The prices are the exact same as they have been for years. 12$ on release 15$ after

coolrunner87

quality posts: 11 Private Messages coolrunner87
mclovintonite wrote:Great specs for the price except that processor is god awful. Pretty much makes it not worth it. Is 1.4 Ghz a typo? Does Woot! mean 2.4 Ghz? If not, there are faster cell phones.

The 1.4 GHz is at baseline. It can speed itself up to 2.3 GHz using its Turbo.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

I have hope, a slight hope, that there's a quick, one day Woot Off on Leap Day, full of Screaming Monkeys and Bags of Crap...

Now if they sell a Leapster, then I'll just laugh.

hak426

quality posts: 12 Private Messages hak426
hopkindm wrote:I remember a restarted woot-off. But I think it wasn't intended to end, where this one seems pretty obvious.

That was April 1st. As in an April-Fool's joke.

potter412

quality posts: 7 Private Messages potter412
schouest wrote:conceding already?

consumers drive even if the empire builds the roads, can't let them do both

I have seen a woot off with no bag. I didn't cry and threaten to leave the site forever.

And I can drive on dirt roads... that I built myself. ;)

Yes, it's upsetting to not see a bag.. but I'm not going to throw a tantrum over it. I'm a loyal customer who enjoys the site and will not leave because of that. I do not blame them for this after all this complaining.