+ Add a Comment

Kellyoh1415

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Kellyoh1415
administrator1956 wrote:You guys probably deserve this.

You choose to spend 3 days of your life waiting for the thrill of a race where you have to buy junk items which no one could manage to sell.

Some lucky people MAY end up receiving some valuable, RANDOM stuff for 100 or 1000 dollars, which thay may not need.

U serious? Three days of life for this? Aren't you able to make some self-criticism on this?

I thinks at Amazon there are some wise people, to help you quitting this madness.

MY RESPONSE:

Administrator, I'm not quite sure where you come off casting the first stone. Your a member since 2011, so clearly you have no clue how the original Woot operated. This is what drew in all the customers and fans, without these silly behaviors and quirks there would be no Woot for you to be on today.

So before you sit there and cast judgement on others, just take a chill pill and know that you don't always have to stand up on a soap box, point your finger and "Haaah haaah!" at people.

Your just a bully who clearly needs to put others down to feel good. Didn't your Mom teach you: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

rlj1010

quality posts: 12 Private Messages rlj1010

I can pinpoint the moment when Woot finally jumped the shark.

It's the day they decided to chuck the daily audio wootcasts, in favor of the far less interesting weekly video wootcasts.

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
ThunderThighs wrote:When we are non in woot-off mode, product threads are moderated to keep the focus on the product as much as possible. As always, after a woot-off, there are complaints about it being the worst woot-off ever. I let some of those ride but after a bit, I need to trim them out so those that want to find information about the product can do so without sifting through pages and pages of non-product posts.

It's nothing personal and this thread is a great place to vent.

That's all well and good. However, you are arbitrarily removing posts at will, and NOT putting them in here, where you claim they belong.

This form of censorship is the last straw for a lot of us. If it casts a shadow on woot or tarnishes their shine, out it goes...

woot ain't the old grey mare she used to be..

Pity.

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

mothersnakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothersnakes

Been a member since 05. Never had any posts removed, yesterday I had two posts removed.They weren't profane nor were they redundant, but they were critical of Amazon.
What was fun for several years is now bland, and to be censored like this is just not worth it.I often stayed up to see what the new woot was or to follow a woot off.I don't think I'll be waiting up anymore.

Dadoboy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Dadoboy

Maybe we can find out where Three Piece Woot went.

]

andrewkl

Dadoboy wrote:Maybe we can find out where Three Piece Woot went.

Zappos, I believe.

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

DRAGONSBLOOD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DRAGONSBLOOD

I seriously cannot understand why everyone is being so negative. Since when did WOOT ever guarantee that there would be a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! during every Woot-off? Since when did WOOT ever guarantee the quality of any item that was in these Bags of Crap (hence the name Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!)? I will have to admit that I stayed up until 1AM EST to see if there was going to be a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!, but that was no fault of WOOT. Why blame WOOT for doing what they were designed to do, sell stuff? If you aren’t happy with the way things are done then leave, do sit there and berate a company for trying to make money. I tell people every day that I love WOOT.com and that they have some good deals.

So all you negative people just need to take a chill pill and find something to be grateful about.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

"Thunder Thighs" has convinced me. I had a post removed that was completely rational, not profane, and very courteous regarding the woot-off that unceremoniously ended last night.

I stated that I didn't care if there was no BeeOhSee, I didn't care if there were no monkeys, it didn't really matter. What mattered was that it is so obvious that the Amazoning of Woot has left Woot lifeless, soul-less and absolutely no fun anymore. The write-ups have lost their creativity and are just hack writing.

"Thunder Thighs" as I said has convinced me. With his/her attitude, censorship and callous disregard for customers, has tossed away comments and hidden our comments away in this little corner.

Yep, "Thunder Thighs" has convinced me. I've been with Woot for a long time. I've made a ton of purchases. Lots of stuff I didn't need. Lots of monkeys. Lots and lots of wine. I'm going to miss the wine. But, I think it's time to move on. The fun is gone, and "Thunder Thighs" has convinced me. When Woot got rid of "Three-Piece Woot" and rolled out folks like "Thunder Thighs" I should have known better. The thrill is gone. The fun is gone. Woot has lost it's soul.

Thanks, "Thunder Thighs"...you've convinced me. I'll take my money somewhere else.

maui

quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui
ThunderThighs wrote:When we are non in woot-off mode, product threads are moderated to keep the focus on the product as much as possible. As always, after a woot-off, there are complaints about it being the worst woot-off ever. I let some of those ride but after a bit, I need to trim them out so those that want to find information about the product can do so without sifting through pages and pages of non-product posts.

It's nothing personal and this thread is a great place to vent.

The "Worst. Woot-off. Ever." Comments have bugged me for years. Yeah, I guess you kinda invited the whiners to the party by hosting a forum for the Woot community. Still find it rather amazing that participants demand that you guys tinker with a wildly successful business model in order to suit them. I suppose the sense of ownership and entitlement expressed by "members" (actually "customers") is a testament to the success of Woot. Woot hasn't changed nearly as much as the expectations of "Wooters" have changed.

danchall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danchall

If Woot has an objective of encouraging obsessive behavior with a pattern of random reinforcement, then an occasional 3-day with no "payoff" would seem to be a sensible strategy. I'm sure some people will reason that Woot never would do this two months in a row....

===dan

maui

quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui
danchall wrote:If Woot has an objective of encouraging obsessive behavior with a pattern of random reinforcement, then an occasional 3-day with no "payoff" would seem to be a sensible strategy. I'm sure some people will reason that Woot never would do this two months in a row....

Worked for Pavlov.

andrewkl

DRAGONSBLOOD wrote:I seriously cannot understand why everyone is being so negative. Since when did WOOT ever guarantee that there would be a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! during every Woot-off? Since when did WOOT ever guarantee the quality of any item that was in these Bags of Crap (hence the name Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!)? I will have to admit that I stayed up until 1AM EST to see if there was going to be a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!, but that was no fault of WOOT. Why blame WOOT for doing what they were designed to do, sell stuff? If you aren’t happy with the way things are done then leave, do sit there and berate a company for trying to make money. I tell people every day that I love WOOT.com and that they have some good deals.

So all you negative people just need to take a chill pill and find something to be grateful about.

I think it has less to do with the Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! then the fact that the whole corporate culture at woot has de-evolved.

The "fun and unique" product offerings are all but gone. The pricing (by and large) is no longer competetive, and woot has essentially become nothing more than another deal a day site: very much like all the others who, at one time, were trying to emulate the woot business model.

Of course, woot is here to make money. However, I think they have lost sight of who they once were - blinded by the almighty dollar, and have lowered their standards.

Account holders of this site have come to expect better from woot - something that sets it apart from the others - and that differentiation is lost.

Is a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! expected at every woot off? A lot of folks would say yes, since that has been the prevailing pattern over the years. Is one guaranteed? Certainly not.

A new monkey would have been nice.... They too have been a prevailing pattern. Again, no guarantees, but let's give the people what they want. Keep them happy, and they'll be back.

From the climate of the posts that I have read before they were censored off (another BIG mistake), there are lot's of us who have lost our enthusiasm for woot. All the $5.00 coupons in the world can't reel in a dissatisfied customer. In this day of the internet, a company can't afford to lose customers to the competition, and Amazon doesn't have enough money to buy them all out.

andrewkl

tonycyndy wrote:"Thunder Thighs" has convinced me. I had a post removed that was completely rational, not profane, and very courteous regarding the woot-off that unceremoniously ended last night.

I stated that I didn't care if there was no BeeOhSee, I didn't care if there were no monkeys, it didn't really matter. What mattered was that it is so obvious that the Amazoning of Woot has left Woot lifeless, soul-less and absolutely no fun anymore. The write-ups have lost their creativity and are just hack writing.

"Thunder Thighs" as I said has convinced me. With his/her attitude, censorship and callous disregard for customers, has tossed away comments and hidden our comments away in this little corner.

Yep, "Thunder Thighs" has convinced me. I've been with Woot for a long time. I've made a ton of purchases. Lots of stuff I didn't need. Lots of monkeys. Lots and lots of wine. I'm going to miss the wine. But, I think it's time to move on. The fun is gone, and "Thunder Thighs" has convinced me. When Woot got rid of "Three-Piece Woot" and rolled out folks like "Thunder Thighs" I should have known better. The thrill is gone. The fun is gone. Woot has lost it's soul.

Thanks, "Thunder Thighs"...you've convinced me. I'll take my money somewhere else.

A few paragraphs in an entombed forum won't convince woot.

Cancelling your account - as I intend to do - WILL...

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects

i don't have a soapbox to sit on, but i was very bummed we didn't have a Barrels of Crud this time. i didn't live by my computer, but for 3 days i had it up on my computer with the refresh button going (poor f5) any time i got on it.

acefiremankw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acefiremankw

For three days, my coworkers and I spent all of our time refreshing, just waiting for the opportunity to "NOT" get a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! because the servers were to slow.....Instead we don't get one because you don't offer one..... What a waste of time!!

Keith Williams

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13

Disappointing not to get a chance at the bundle of con carne at the end. A lot of rumors and back and forth that its gone forever because of complaints. I hope that's not the case, it's a draw for a lot of folks.

Another thing was the overload of cameras. Stalled out the woot-off a lot.

Well see you next time. Honestly, there were so many threatening not coming back but they will be waiting like vultures next week around leap day for the next one.

Silly Rabbit......

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects
acefiremankw wrote:For three days, my coworkers and I spent all of our time refreshing, just waiting for the opportunity to "NOT" get a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! because the servers were to slow.....Instead we don't get one because you don't offer one..... What a waste of time!!

my office co-workers were discussing just this today in the office.

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

While I am disappointed that there was no Bag of Carp or Flying Monkeys, I am more disappointed that during 3 days of Woot-off on multiple Woot sites, I didn't find a single item that I wished to purchase.

I can understand Woot wanting to 'upgrade' their offerings and going to higher price tier items. But really, who is going to buy $380 riffle scopes or $1000+ video projectors during a Woot-off. These high priced items need time to research in order to make an informed purchase decision. It's not like the under $5 USB toys, which can be an impulse purchase and who cares if they turn out to be crap because you only blew a few bucks.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dpcollects wrote:i don't have a soapbox to sit on, but i was very bummed we didn't have a Barrels of Crud this time. i didn't live by my computer, but for 3 days i had it up on my computer with the refresh button going (poor f5) any time i got on it.

Here, I have one you can borrow. Just return it when you're done.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mothersnakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothersnakes

Amazon has killed woot, and now the body is starting to stink

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy
andrewkl wrote:A few paragraphs in an entombed forum won't convince woot.

Cancelling your account - as I intend to do - WILL...

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I made a purchase during this woot-off (although I somewhat regret it now) and as soon as the products arrive in good condition, I will be deleting my account.

Like I said, I've made a lot of purchases over the past few years...and I scored a few bags of crud. But I would encourage others to just shut down their accounts. If you want this kind of stuff at these prices and without the fun, just go to Amazon. After all, it's just one-in-the-same now. No life, no fun, no soul.

RIP Woot.

Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie

This video made by taternyggets, perfectly describes what a Woot Off is/was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hW1-GFy5ak

I miss Woot.

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

andrewkl

tonycyndy wrote:I agree with you wholeheartedly. I made a purchase during this woot-off (although I somewhat regret it now) and as soon as the products arrive in good condition, I will be deleting my account.

Like I said, I've made a lot of purchases over the past few years...and I scored a few bags of crud. But I would encourage others to just shut down their accounts. If you want this kind of stuff at these prices and without the fun, just go to Amazon. After all, it's just one-in-the-same now. No life, no fun, no soul.

RIP Woot.

Procrastination will get you nowhere, and in 10 days, you'll have a change of heart...

grumb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grumb

I am OK with a Wootoff without a Barrels of Crud We have had those before.I am OK with a Wootoff without a Woot Monkey, we have had those before. I am OK with a Wootoff without a gimmick like Woot Ligthts or other Woot chachkas we have had that before. BUT a Wootoff without any of the above--Unheard of... and not Wootworthey!!

azrhei

quality posts: 2 Private Messages azrhei

I'm discontinuing my notifications for Woot, and will no longer be giving Woot my business - for two reasons.

1. In the past, Woot often represented a considerable savings over regular channels for purchasing. Whether it was sprinkler heads or dvd players, you could see anywhere from 30% to 70% savings. For a while now, there has been too many things that are closer to 10% savings (vs what is available on the glut of other deal sites now).

While 10% is something, having to sit and continually maintain vigil in the hopes of getting that crumb of savings is about like camping out on grocery store ads looking for when there is a $1 off box of Cereal coupon. While some people may choose to do this, not everyone has the time or inclination to. Woot, to me, was a place where my time could be spent to get a considerable savings off of regular prices on relevant merchandise. I just don't feel like that is the case any longer.

2. The Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!, or what you might get from it, is not in and of itself important. What it symbolizes, however, along with the Monkey, is the character of who Woot is and what what they are about. To just run a Woot-off, regardless of duration, and not having either of those things, is like having Christmas with no Santa Claus.

It doesn't matter if the show is real, or relevant, it is about tradition and what that tradition brings to the community. To be honest, in that regard I actually find that the absence of the monkey is more telling of a change in Woot than the absence of the Barrels of Crud . The Barrels of Crud I could see being cut for financial reasons or whatever else, but ditching the monkey makes it feel like there is no heart in the game.

Woot was a warm and fuzzy place. Now it seems so cold.

lichme

quality posts: 3205 Private Messages lichme

I am not an old school wooter. I have only been around for about a year [insert comment about how I have no right to speak here].

My observations:

People complain about every woot during a woot off, however the deals for the most part must be interesting and worth it for some people, because they are buying it. It may not be you and I, but it is somebody.

People complain about the woot off being too predictable all the time, how crappy the crap is, and want more randomness. Woot randomly has no Barrels of Crud/monkey, and people flip out, and are now some are even writing in to support to cancel the items that they already bought [LOL!]. If the crappy crap is so crappy, why do you care that you didn't get one? Isn't it unpredictability that you wanted in the first place?

While I understand that woot off lights attract us like moths, and you may feel that woot has wasted your time and ripped you off, we really do not know the reasoning behind the lack of crap. Maybe they are trying to be spontaneous and sending it out randomly to people who invested in buying other stuff. Maybe they are trying to restructure because of recent issues with bags, and need some time to get a new system in place. Maybe they are holding out for a special event. Maybe they don't have the staffing to fulfill the bags this time around. If they told you ahead of time, less people would be on the site during the woot off, and they would have sold less. That would just be bad business.

That being said: Woot, you have many many loyal followers. You have developed a system that has people flocking to your website to buy your items without really having to do much advertising, which is pretty genius. Most of your customers (like myself) probably discovered you from word of mouth. It seems as if the people are not happy. Less people talking about you and telling their friends how awesome you are = a bad thing.

Note: If you find a cool gadget and really good deal that woot may not have, that is what deals.woot is for.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

richmondhokie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richmondhokie

The past year in woots......and my history of purchases....

Jan 25, 2011 5:31 PM
Mar 9, 2011 5:05 PM
Apr 1, 2011 - 10 Bags of Crap
Apr 6, 2011 - No Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!
May 11, 2011 5:40 PM
Jun 15, 2011 3:49 PM
Jul 14, 2011 - No Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!
Aug 17, 2011 3:16 PM
Sep 14, 2011 2:20 PM
Oct 12, 2011 3:57 PM
Nov 9, 2011 3:51 PM
Dec 6, 2011 4:34 PM
Jan 19, 2012 1:37 PM
Feb 23, 2012 - No Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!

Kershaw Compound Folding Knife - 2/23/12 - 2
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - 11/3/11 - 3
Euro-Pro Ninja Warrior Handheld Blender & Food Processor - 8/20/11 - 1
Section 8 High Performance Earbuds - 7/7/11 - 3
Kingston 4GB Class 6 SDHC Card - 10/25/10 - 3
Kodak EasyShare 12MP Digital Camera - 8/9/10 - 1
Mark of Fitness 7-Day Pedometer and Activity Monitor – 2 Pack - 8/3/10 - 1
Philips HDMI Foldable Adapter – 2 Pack - 5/18/10 - 2
Maximo iM-490 iMetal Isolation Stereo Earphones - 9/18/09 - 2
Belkin and Griffin Sansa Player Accessories - 7/29/09 - 2
Belkin and Griffin Sansa Player Accessories - 7/29/09 - 3
Woot-Off Lights - 7/12/09 - 1
100 Watt Micro Slim Power Inverter with AC and USB - 2 Pack - 3/31/09 - 1
Griffin Technology Sansa e200 and c200 series Armband - 3/27/09 - 3
Matsunichi PhotoBlitz 8” Digital Picture Frame - 12/18/08 - 2
Saitek P2600 Rumble Force First Person Shooter Gamepad - 11/20/08 - 3
Kingston 2GB MicroSD Card with Adapter – 2 Pack - 9/2/08 - 1
Kingston 2GB Micro SD Card with Adapter - 7/9/08 - 3
Netgear RangeMax 802.11n USB2.0 Adapter - 6/20/08 - 2
RCA Lightweight Behind the Neck Headphones - 2 Pack - 5/13/08 - 3
Jabra C820s Noise Canceling Headphones - 11/15/07 - 1
Belkin Folio Kickstand Case for Zune - 11/15/07 - 1
Microsoft Zune 30GB Digital Media Player - 10/15/07 - 1
Vector Rechargable E-Brite Light - 8/30/07 - 3
SanDisk Sansa M240 1GB MP3 Player w/ FM Tuner - 8/30/07 - 3
Netgear 108Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter - 7/26/07 - 2
Kensington PocketMouse Optical Limited Edition - 7/19/07 - 3
Delphi USB 2.0 Lighted Cable - 4-Pack - 4/17/07 - 3
Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD Player w/ HD Upconversion HDMI Out and DivX Playback - 9/27/06 - 1
BellSouth 2 Way Wristwatch Communicator - 2 Pack - 8/22/06 - 3

Now I have been doing this a while - and like others - would tell other people "about this really cool site" - and when there was a woot-off - emails, txt messages and IMs would fly around the office - we were not "hard core" wooters - but reasonably dedicated - now I don't tell folks like I used to - there isn't the draw it used to have - the product offerings as not as great a deal.

One of the initial draws was $5 shipping - now - the majority of items - $5 bucks covers it - to make it a deal - you need to order 3 - and sometimes we just don't need 3 of something. Granted - my purchase history is such that I get 3 - or I usually get 1 - I have 3 sons - so if there is something I think they like - I buy 3. If it is something I or my wife want - 1 - the odd 2 purchases I have done are me and a co-worker going in together.

Since Amazon - I have noticed a change - small - but a subtle change - if woot has become just like everyone else and no longer stands out. This is WHY Amazon bought them - if Amazon wanted ordinary - they would have bought yugster - but no - WE - the customers - and the unique product offerings, Bags of Crap, woot-off lights, Screaming Monkeys, etc made it appealing enough to Amazon to buy it.

Hint Amazon - without us - you wont have Woot - so make it better - it wont take much, but listen to us and hear our concerns.....

patriot14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patriot14

Here we sit
Broken hearted;

We wanted CRAP
but WOOT only farted.....

IdahoCowgirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IdahoCowgirl

I, also, only remember one other Woot Off without a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! I've been around for a while, too.

This was one of the worst Woot Off's I've ever seen but it wasn't because there was no Barrels of Crud. It was because it was like a parade of items that I could purchase any day of the week on Amazon at the same price. There were no real bargains. That's why I used to like Woot so much. You never knew what you were going to get but it was usually half decent merchandise and it was at a great price. You could probably look at any of the items sold over the last few days and find them for sale on Amazon at the same price. That's not new or different anymore. It turned the Woot Off into a catalog of items but no particular urgency to buy any of them.

I miss those days.

"This message is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are not to be considered flaws or defects."

richmondhokie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richmondhokie
patriot14 wrote:Here we sit
Broken hearted;

We wanted CRAP

HAHAHAHA - I love it

Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie

I suspect the lack of the flying monkey was just to save money. Woot’s $1.99 flying monkey was priced far lower than just about anywhere on the net or in stores. I feel this Woot Off was, like the new t-shirts, the bottom is all that matters any more.

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

DMusicJr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DMusicJr

As a loyal wooter since '06 I agree with many of the sentiments expressed above. I have noticed my purchases as of late are occuring farther and farther apart. I'm not here to say that this is the worst woot off ever, I'm here to say that I feel that the corporate version of this site just doesn't have the same vibe. It's for a myriad of reasons (product mix not diverse, cool/unique items scarce, prices are too close to online retail,...) and the only way to fix it is to go back to your roots. I did a quick glance at some of my previous woot off purchases; golf club that holds booze, pedometer with attack alarm, marshmellow gun, alienware 2.1 channel music player, ridiculous large remote control....then I look at my last 10 purchases and 8 of them are woot monkeys. Where has all of the cool stuff gone? I dont need 50 cameras, camcorders, knives, etc. Offer one or two and get over it! And yes I did buy the camping bags yesterday. They were about the most unique thing that I could use that you offered. The people/buyers are there, just give us what we want, and some crap and all will be forgiven. Keep this up and me (and many of the "old timers") will sadly move on.

You're on probation!
You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason:
Avoiding probation. (96h)
Please stare at the photo on the left for 96 hours and then try posting again.

badandy212

quality posts: 1 Private Messages badandy212
patriot14 wrote:Here we sit
Broken hearted;

We wanted CRAP

AAAAAAAA-MEN

whitefacedsimony

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whitefacedsimony

Buh-bye Woot.

I barely even looked at this Woot-off. Why?

I've seen Amazon.com buy out other companies and ruin them. What should have happened is Amazon.com either improving on Woot after the buy out or starting their own direct competitor with Woot.

Instead Amazon saw a competitor and decided to destroy it by taking it over and removing everything it was famous for.

Thanks Amazon.com. You're no different than any large global corporation. I hope someone bigger buys you out and destroys anything that is leftover from the days when you were different.

Your margins are getting thin. The stock market is back above 13000 and your share price is down 30% in the last six months. Keep doing what you're doing to your customers. You'll soon be Amazon-Exxon-Mobil.com and all those managers and executives who decided to do what they did to Woot and other acquisitions will be out of work.

Amazon.com will just be another division of another global giant bent on pushing price points to ever higher levels and product quality to rock-bottom levels.

Enjoy yourselves while you can, Amazon.com.

nightveil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nightveil

I'll throw in one more comment here before giving up on this for good.

The main reason so many of us have been so loyal to Woot! for so long is simple... it was unique.

You used to be able to get on here, find unique items at GREAT prices (for instance, I got a Breville Blender, NEW, for $100+$5 on here once that retails for almost $250) and that's why people frequented the site. The Woot-Offs were "fun" events that brought the customers together, gave them REALLY great deals on things and you really never knew what on earth you'd find.

Now what you get is Amazon's leavings, the same garbage over and over and over again... like Optoma projectors, "Dream Cheeky" junk, overpriced cameras, ridiculous numbers of refurb'ed HP computers that were questionably good even when they were new and so on.

The important fact here is not that the BagO'Crap or the Monkeys or the Lights didn't appear... its the fact that Woot/Amazon has taken a really good franchise and taken all of the fun, good deals and really every reason that people have frequented this site away.

The straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for me last night was Thunder Thighs' heavy censoring of the forums. I understand that he/she was very likely just doing what the overlords instructed, but companies that start censoring people who are following all the rules but merely expressing displeasure over something make me question whether I want to do business with them in the future.

So yeah, I've been here since 2006. Longer than Thunder Thighs, amusingly enough... I'm not a superfrequent poster or buyer... but I know how the site works and why it was good.

All of that is gone in the interests of corporate american greed. That, my friends, is just sad.

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet

I'm pretty disappointed with the way it ended. I don't care that there were no monkeys, I don't care that there was no bag, but ending it with a camcorder?

No weird cheap toy as a reminder of said Woot-off?

Where's the fun in that?

And even though there were things for sale on four different woot pages, there was only one I came close to buying.

I understand now what they mean when they say it didn't end with a bang, but a whimper.

andrewkl

Teripie wrote:I suspect the lack of the flying monkey was just to save money. Woot’s $1.99 flying monkey was priced far lower than just about anywhere on the net or in stores. I feel this Woot Off was, like the new t-shirts, the bottom is all that matters any more.

Priced lower, yes. But they also manage to sell 10,000+ in a matter of minutes. By buying in the bulk quantities that they do, I'm sure they make money on each monkey, and probably make a few extra cents on the shipping.

With the lone exceptions being the glow in the dark monkey and the sock puppet monkey, all the rest are the same, so they place a standing order for 1 million monkeys. Order up 15,000 capes in a specific pattern or color when the mood strikes, and their total cost per monkey is likely under .75 cents apiece. That's a small price to pay to keep customers happy and coming back...

bobmutch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobmutch

Woot(no exclamation), you're on probation.

No Woot for me - one year. (best soup I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant imitation)

Is my Amazon Prime account next to go on hiatus?

See ya next Valentines Day. Perhaps we can reKindle our love. Perhaps I look in a different cozy Nook of the net.

edean44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edean44

Maybe they didn't include the Barrels of Crud because they're doing something special on the 29th. You know, since there's an extra day this month that only happens once every 4 years...

You can thank me later

klacour

quality posts: 17 Private Messages klacour
lichme wrote:I am not an old school wooter. I have only been around for about a year [insert comment about how I have no right to speak here].

My observations:

(edit)

That being said: Woot, you have many many loyal followers. You have developed a system that has people flocking to your website to buy your items without really having to do much advertising, which is pretty genius. Most of your customers (like myself) probably discovered you from word of mouth. It seems as if the people are not happy. Less people talking about you and telling their friends how awesome you are = a bad thing.

Note: If you find a cool gadget and really good deal that woot may not have, that is what deals.woot is for.

".................."
Well said ... I'm really not sure why the huge back lash, or maybe there really isn't a huge back lash, but the "20%" would like you to think there is.

I hooked up with woot back in 2006. A friend told me about it. I remember him saying "and every once and awhile they have this woot-off, and sometimes they sell a bee oh see." I also remember that there were woot-offs without a bag, and a time when 2-3 went by without one. And every woot-off was the worse one EVER.

I've bought more then a few items from every single woot site except home and wines. Home because nothing yet has interested me, and wines because they can't ship to NJ. But that's ok, because I'm getting plenty of whine in this forum.

As for the deals not being as good, well all of them were never "that good." But then, like now, every once and awhile a good one comes along. Like the Invicta watch I got for $35, which was over $50 at Amazon. Which reminds me ... How about a watch.woot.com? And if you don't, I'll call you a bunch of corporate sellouts and threaten never to shop here again.

Talk about coming unhinged ...

A woot minion since 2006 ...