+ Add a Comment

DaveInSoCal


quality posts: 17 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

I love lamp


wootyougot


quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootyougot
DaveInSoCal wrote:I love lamp



You might wanna lay low for a while.

Craig234


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234
tnode192 wrote:I'd disagree, as long as its random which wootoff they are in, those wanting them will still have to watch every wootoff if they want them.

If they box up returns and junk as it comes in and next wootoff after the pile gets to 3000 boxes, it would be pretty random. You might have back to back, it might be three months, you'd never know.



If they're random, I am much less likely to bother spenidng time in the woot-off.

snmasters


quality posts: 1 Private Messages snmasters
Slydon wrote:See? One more person amused by something I wrote. The day's looking UP!



All this reading ... and that finally made me laugh. :-)

wodowooter


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter

and the rooster? well, he crowed no more.

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

jpawmsu


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpawmsu
Craig234 wrote:I got a 65" TV for $2000 from Woot (don't remember if it was a woot-off) and am more happy with that than anything else I bought on woot.



Boy you really missed my point. I said if they are going to offer high priced items they better be outstanding deals which they are not. The high end items were lucky to be a 10% discount from Amazon yesterday.

If you got a 2k tv and it was a good deal great, but if you paid 2k today you'd be getting ripped off.

I think the comments section needs up and down votes cause I'd neg bomb alot of Pinkys into hell.

mothersnakes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothersnakes
jpawmsu wrote:Boy you really missed my point. I said if they are going to offer high priced items they better be outstanding deals which they are not. The high end items were lucky to be a 10% discount from Amazon yesterday.

If you got a 2k tv and it was a good deal great, but if you paid 2k today you'd be getting ripped off.

I think the comments section needs up and down votes cause I'd neg bomb alot of Pinkys into hell.


Pinkys??

Craig234


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234
jpawmsu wrote:Boy you really missed my point. I said if they are going to offer high priced items they better be outstanding deals which they are not. The high end items were lucky to be a 10% discount from Amazon yesterday.

If you got a 2k tv and it was a good deal great, but if you paid 2k today you'd be getting ripped off.

I think the comments section needs up and down votes cause I'd neg bomb alot of Pinkys into hell.



I didn't miss your point, you were objecting to expensive items in general and demanded they have ESPECIALLY good values to be justified here - that $1000 projector you specificially objected to last I checked was a pretty good deal and worth posting.

I don't mind your specific point wanting good deals, but I think you were objecting too much to expensive items, and so I listed an example (a few years back) of a good deal.

As for your hostility, you're annoying.

barrusr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages barrusr

i tuned in on and off. two products which caught my interest I checked before buying and found out they were cheaper elsewhere. And now I hear no Barrels of Crud or Monkey at they end. I'm convinced Woot is no longer a deal page, but another sale a day page. YMMV.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening folks. I'm entering a bit trepidatiously tonight.... I've been catching up on the thread (I sleep days).

I would like to say that it was not my intention to upset or anger anyone in the HP thread. It's hard to know on page 1 of a thread what will happen by page 5 or gauge the temperament of the community when you're working from behind a keyboard.

In trying to balance feedback posts with product posts, I obviously stepped on toes. Please know that it was not my intention by any means. What started out as the usual post woot-off feedback early in the thread ended up being something entirely different later on. Hindsight is great but pretty darn useless.

Anyway, it's been great to see all the input from the community and staff. Many thanks to cmcardella for opening the thread up for discussion.

Keep the thoughts and ideas coming. Peace.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mjonatzke


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mjonatzke
barrusr wrote:I'm convinced Woot is no longer a deal page, but another sale a day page. YMMV.



Precisely. It has turned into Amazons "gold box" whatever BS.

word.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I have to admit, at 1am eastern, the first thought I had was....
That actually was the worst woot off ever.

I just read the first 5 pages of this thread and realized something....this is the old woot!
People really mad at woot. Mad enough to fill 7 pages in a day.
Just like the old days with the old photo chopping contests.

I actually feel better now.


btw I deleted nothing because I'm old school and I'm still just looking for R rated pictures and spam. Now that there are more paid mods than vol mods, it is getting harder and harder to find something to delete.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

mjonatzke


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mjonatzke
dontwantaname wrote:I I just read the first 5 pages of this thread and realized something....this is the old woot!



Nice try spin doctor

word.

kenny3552


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenny3552

I usually don't say too much but I am going to chime in to thank thunder thighs, and the other staffers. Was I upset that there was no Barrels of Crud in the Wootoff? Sure. No more upset than when they have one and I am unable to get one. Everyones a little tense but you will get over it. If you know Woot, they will do somethingnext time that will make you forget all about this. Some poeple are quitting. Some people are complaining. Who cares. Get over it.
Me on the other hand. I'm over it already. I look forward to logging on every morning when I wake up. It's the second thing I do.

Again, Staffers. Keep up the good work. Let the quitters quit. We dont need them anyway.

SColburn


quality posts: 4 Private Messages SColburn

It's not anger, so much as parts sadness & disappointment that are compelling me to add my $.02 here.

When I joined woot! in 2006, I was reasonably skeptical of all the refurbs and "grab bags" of random stuff. I didn't buy anything for months after joining, but I eventually pulled the trigger on some lighted USB cables I felt were priced at a steal. Time passed, and I learned the ways of the woot. The elusive Barrels of Crud emerged as the flagship draw (any who disagree are kidding themselves). I scored my first one four years ago this month.

Then this happened, and this, and (zOMG) this... and I've been completely HOOKED ever since. My "What You've Bought from woot!" page is littered with crap bags, and fan-boy items: USB lights, monkeys, shirts, and calendars. Counting up all these items easily out-numbers standard woot! fare purchases.

Not that long ago, woot-offs were practically a party (anyone remember @WootTV??). Lying in wait for Random Crap to appear, you never knew when that next unique must-have, cheap impulse-buy, or conversation-piece sale would appear (there were 200 "personal hand massagers" sold -- y'all know who you are). You just had to be there, or miss out. Schedules were adjusted, vacations were disrupted, F5 keys were incessantly pressed, much sleep was lost.

For some time now, the Random Crap has become less random and more crappy -- so much so that "Random" was unceremoniously removed from the title. To have the most recent 72-hour marathon end with a woot-off killer and not a single hallmark offering was a bitter pill to swallow.

What it boils down to is, there are lots of places on the interwebs to spend my discretionary income, but there's only one woot! Clearly a chord has been struck, as other wooters like myself express their viewpoints. I just hope that the powers that be are paying attention, and can keep the core components of this pastime intact before it's too late.

mossygreen


quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
Slydon wrote: there's still so much anger from people who seem to think they should be entitled to plastic straws, a cracked VCR. and a photo of "Jaws" from Moonraker.



Hey now, I'd like to file an official complaint that I have not once received a photo of "Jaws" from Moonraker. You people are monsters.

cpheral


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cpheral
nmumark wrote:



Not last night…even without bad language and no mention of Woots! Lacking bags of crud or missing monkeys my posts were deleted. Seems I pushed a button with my honesty and got the message, “You’ve been put on posting probation for this post for the reason: Mod baiting. That’s enough. post woot-off 3h.”
Of course my comments did get more sarcastic as more of my none offensive, language free posts got deleted in seconds. This is the post that got me probation.
“The ability for us as a community to chat about the product and other issues helped make this site "special." Evidently we have thighs of thunder crushing the spirit of Woot! and its loyal follower, and I use the term loyal very loosely at this point.”
Evidently someone was a bit touchy last night and loose with the delete function. Trouble is this is not the first of my post in the last month or so that were deleted for no reason and each time they were deleted by the same person. I will not be so loose with the buy function.

cpheral


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cpheral
snmasters wrote:All this reading ... and that finally made me laugh. :-)



Virginia comment was funny

hopkindm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hopkindm
patriot14 wrote:SEE!!! YOU ARE OUT TO GET ME!!!



LOL if they ever stop replacing words in the forum, I will be SEVERELY disappointed. Then we really will be talking about what woot used to be.

mothersnakes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothersnakes
cpheral wrote:Not last night…even without bad language and no mention of Woots! Lacking bags of crud or missing monkeys my posts were deleted. Seems I pushed a button with my honesty and got the message, “You’ve been put on posting probation for this post for the reason: Mod baiting. That’s enough. post woot-off 3h.”
Of course my comments did get more sarcastic as more of my none offensive, language free posts got deleted in seconds. This is the post that got me probation.
“The ability for us as a community to chat about the product and other issues helped make this site "special." Evidently we have thighs of thunder crushing the spirit of Woot! and its loyal follower, and I use the term loyal very loosely at this point.”
Evidently someone was a bit touchy last night and loose with the delete function. Trouble is this is not the first of my post in the last month or so that were deleted for no reason and each time they were deleted by the same person. I will not be so loose with the buy function.



TT got me too.

planettom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages planettom
mjonatzke wrote:Precisely. It has turned into Amazons "gold box" whatever BS.



I concur.

planettom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages planettom
SColburn wrote:It's not anger, so much as parts sadness & disappointment that are compelling me to add my $.02 here.

When I joined woot! in 2006, I was reasonably skeptical of all the refurbs and "grab bags" of random stuff. I didn't buy anything for months after joining, but I eventually pulled the trigger on some lighted USB cables I felt were priced at a steal. Time passed, and I learned the ways of the woot. The elusive Barrels of Crud emerged as the flagship draw (any who disagree are kidding themselves). I scored my first one four years ago this month.

Then this happened, and this, and (zOMG) this... and I've been completely HOOKED ever since. My "What You've Bought from woot!" page is littered with crap bags, and fan-boy items: USB lights, monkeys, shirts, and calendars. Counting up all these items easily out-numbers standard woot! fare purchases.

Not that long ago, woot-offs were practically a party (anyone remember @WootTV??). Lying in wait for Random Crap to appear, you never knew when that next unique must-have, cheap impulse-buy, or conversation-piece sale would appear (there were 200 "personal hand massagers" sold -- y'all know who you are). You just had to be there, or miss out. Schedules were adjusted, vacations were disrupted, F5 keys were incessantly pressed, much sleep was lost.

For some time now, the Random Crap has become less random and more crappy -- so much so that "Random" was unceremoniously removed from the title. To have the most recent 72-hour marathon end with a woot-off killer and not a single hallmark offering was a bitter pill to swallow.

What it boils down to is, there are lots of places on the interwebs to spend my discretionary income, but there's only one woot! Clearly a chord has been struck, as other wooters like myself express their viewpoints. I just hope that the powers that be are paying attention, and can keep the core components of this pastime intact before it's too late.



Hear hear!! Bravo!

lstaff


quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
ThunderThighs wrote:

Keep the thoughts and ideas coming. Peace.



Can you please explain why i had a "Quality Post" removed from my total???

lstaff


quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
lstaff wrote:Can you please explain why i had a "Quality Post" removed from my total???



Weird, it shows up next to my little guy, but not at the top, near my name.

Maybe I'm in some sorta alternate Woot Universe, because:
1. My Quality Posts don't add up.
2. I didn't receive my next to last item (no bother, i ordered it again in the Woot-Off),
3. One of the items I bought in the Woot-Off i got a confirmation for, but does not appear in the "My Account" section
4. I didn't get a Barrels of Crud after 3 days of LIVING with my computers (and having my kids do it while i was out!), and I'm actually RELIEVED because it wasn't my own fault for missing it!!!
This can only mean one thing: I bet when I get the aforementioned item, there will be a brown paper bag with a note attached saying "We are sorry we lost your order from our central computer. We are refunding your money and, for your trouble, are sending you a Barrels of Crud as an apology."

**Start dream sequence music here**

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lstaff wrote:Can you please explain why i had a "Quality Post" removed from my total???

That can happen if a post was removed that was a tagged as a quality post. It can also happen if we remove the tag because another poster pointed out an error in the original post. In those cases, it's not uncommon to remove the post from the Discussion quote on the front page. If the original post is just flat out wrong, we may delete the post to avoid confusion. Either of those would decrease the quality post count. There's no history of quality posts so I have no idea which post it might have been or what the circumstances were.

Keep on posting though. The product threads are the best place for getting quality posts. We look for informative posts and personal experience.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lstaff wrote:Weird, it shows up next to my little guy, but not at the top, near my name.

Maybe I'm in some sorta alternate Woot Universe, because:
1. My Quality Posts don't add up.
2. I didn't receive my next to last item (no bother, i ordered it again in the Woot-Off),
3. One of the items I bought in the Woot-Off i got a confirmation for, but does not appear in the "My Account" section
4. I didn't get a Barrels of Crud after 3 days of LIVING with my computers (and having my kids do it while i was out!), and I'm actually RELIEVED because it wasn't my own fault for missing it!!!
This can only mean one thing: I bet when I get the aforementioned item, there will be a brown paper bag with a note attached saying "We are sorry we lost your order from our central computer. We are refunding your money and, for your trouble, are sending you a Barrels of Crud as an apology."

**Start dream sequence music here**

Oh, just log out and log back in. That usually fixes that syncing problem.

Edit: My count is off by 9 right now. Heh.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lstaff


quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh, just log out and log back in. That usually fixes that syncing problem.

Edit: My count is off by 9 right now. Heh.



Thank You SOOOOO much!!! Logging out and in worked!!!

(I had about three or four computers logged in for the wootoff . . .)

I appreciate the help. Those quality posts are one of the highlights of my life!!!!

SBCJester21


quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21

There seems to be a lot of irate peeps... Did I miss something in the past few days?

nanaejt


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
SBCJester21 wrote:There seems to be a lot of irate peeps... Did I miss something in the past few days?



No not really,same old same old. How is the weather where you are? Very windy here,have a nice day.

ni0h


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ni0h
nanaejt wrote:Obviously I'm not talking about jellyfish.com.


Duh. You're threatening to use the USPS to deliver weaponized anthrax spores. It doesn't matter to whom. Everybody knows you don't have them and that you wouldn't use them if you did, but the Wakkos they have searching for anything on the internet are trained to freak out at the obviously satyrical, because terroristic threats are largely a victim-defined crime. If somebody doesn't wet his pants about it they can't prosecute - so they wet their pants, document it, then come lock you up.

Even if the comment were funny or even slightly clever, to actually make it is profoundly stupid. Hence the criticism.

73

nanaejt


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
ni0h wrote:Duh. You're threatening to use the USPS to deliver weaponized anthrax spores. It doesn't matter to whom. Everybody knows you don't have them and that you wouldn't use them if you did, but the Wakkos they have searching for anything on the internet are trained to freak out at the obviously satyrical, because terroristic threats are largely a victim-defined crime. If somebody doesn't wet his pants about it they can't prosecute - so they wet their pants, document it, then come lock you up.

Even if the comment were funny or even slightly clever, to actually make it is profoundly stupid. Hence the criticism.



Whoa,wish you had replied to dopepedler not to me. Wooters,Nanaejt did not make the pathetic post we are talking about.

kabrams88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kabrams88
SColburn wrote:It's not anger, so much as parts sadness & disappointment that are compelling me to add my $.02 here.

When I joined woot! in 2006, I was reasonably skeptical of all the refurbs and "grab bags" of random stuff. I didn't buy anything for months after joining, but I eventually pulled the trigger on some lighted USB cables I felt were priced at a steal. Time passed, and I learned the ways of the woot. The elusive Barrels of Crud emerged as the flagship draw (any who disagree are kidding themselves). I scored my first one four years ago this month.

Then this happened, and this, and (zOMG) this... and I've been completely HOOKED ever since. My "What You've Bought from woot!" page is littered with crap bags, and fan-boy items: USB lights, monkeys, shirts, and calendars. Counting up all these items easily out-numbers standard woot! fare purchases.

Not that long ago, woot-offs were practically a party (anyone remember @WootTV??). Lying in wait for Random Crap to appear, you never knew when that next unique must-have, cheap impulse-buy, or conversation-piece sale would appear (there were 200 "personal hand massagers" sold -- y'all know who you are). You just had to be there, or miss out. Schedules were adjusted, vacations were disrupted, F5 keys were incessantly pressed, much sleep was lost.

For some time now, the Random Crap has become less random and more crappy -- so much so that "Random" was unceremoniously removed from the title. To have the most recent 72-hour marathon end with a woot-off killer and not a single hallmark offering was a bitter pill to swallow.

What it boils down to is, there are lots of places on the interwebs to spend my discretionary income, but there's only one woot! Clearly a chord has been struck, as other wooters like myself express their viewpoints. I just hope that the powers that be are paying attention, and can keep the core components of this pastime intact before it's too late.



Cheers! I was brought in recently by two long time wooters. I heard tall tales of the Barrels of Crud and the outrageous deals offered while you sat waiting for that magic bag. What I found during my first woot off were a lot of items that were at best barely discounted from the Amazon list price. One camera in particular was $94.99 + $5 shipping on woot, the list price on Amazon was $99.99. I did pickup a nice knife, and some earbuds, stuff I needed anyways but overall I've found Woot to be a letdown.

vanevenhoven


quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

I have an extra monkey - you can have it. I'm not Woot!, so Woot! still hasn't given you one - but I've gotten extraordinary Karma the last few days and feel the need to share it. I'll give one each to the both of you in this message. PM me and will figure it out.

I'm super impressed by all the staff on this thread, BTW. It's terrifically interesting to watch the developments.

Gabemax wrote:And w00t! wouldn't give it to me!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF_a0-7xVQ



cpheral


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cpheral
nanaejt wrote:No not really,same old same old. How is the weather where you are? Very windy here,have a nice day.



Nice way to minimize.

mothersnakes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothersnakes

Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!

MuteDeCute


quality posts: 1 Private Messages MuteDeCute

I post to bury Woot, not to praise it.

peachtek


quality posts: 5 Private Messages peachtek
jpawmsu wrote:I think the comments section needs up and down votes cause I'd neg bomb alot of Pinkys into hell.



speaking of turning this into something it's not...

~~We can't all be princesses. Someone has to wave as I walk by.~~

tlspencer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlspencer

Wow! I came in here to see what I missed since I didn't get to hang around for the Woot off the other day and find out I didn't miss a gosh darned thing!

felickz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages felickz

Maybe w00t just ran out of CRAP?

BTW... woot.com should redirect to w00t.com NOT the other way around! Put that in your comment bag and smoke it.

dcj8


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcj8

Boy, this Woot-Off generated a lot of drama. I suckered, er, make that convinced some cow-workers into setting up accounts and hovering over the computer all day, telling them of the legendary Blacked Out Carrier. I also, however, cautioned them that once in a while, no Barrels of Crud appears. They weren't disappointed, and seemed to enjoy the hunt.

I've also got to say that I appreciated the red-herring calendar listing. Keep it up, Woot! - I'll be waiting.