mralphabet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mralphabet

FAT32 works on volumes up to 2 TB

regentswift

quality posts: 3 Private Messages regentswift
Idlekeys wrote:How is this a Class 10 when the read/write is only 10 mbs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speed_Class_Rating

According to Wikipedia, that's what Class 10 means.

4volt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4volt

I bought 2 of the 32gb versions of this card and have been happily using them for 50mbps 1080p video in my t2i (more or less the same as the t3i) for about a month with no problems. I think they are plenty fast for HD video.

fe428623

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fe428623

I'm holding out for the 1TB SDHC, Class 50 for $5.00

Badgez? We Don' need no stinkin' badgez!

dutchman2011

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dutchman2011

You can get a much more reliable class 10 memory card like from Sandisk and not have to worry about it deleting all of your data - AND it will most likely have a higher GB/sec than the bare minimum to call it a "Class 10" (which is 10GB/sec like this one has).

I don't know about you, but when it comes to recording home videos and taking pictures of my family and friends, I'd like to keep them safe and not have to worry about it becoming corrupt. I'd drop some extra $ just for the peace of mind.

mikiehorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikiehorn
mjc05 wrote:This seems like a great deal for everybody who just bought all those toshiba thrives woot has been selling. Or a MacBook air for that matter. I know it doesn't handle canon hdslr video very well, but it seems like this would be good for extra space on a mobile device.

As one who bought the Thrive - I agree it'll find a good home in that upper righr SD card slot.

darkkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkkitty

I wonder how the "failed" cards were treated by their owners. All it takes is some mistreatment (a toss into the car seat, get too hot or too cold, setting it on top of a speaker, etc.) and things will go whonky on it JUST like any other manufacturer's memory card. Treat it bad and it will be bad. Speaking from a lot of experience with these, a little decent care goes a long way.

artistray

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artistray

Someone already answered this: Class 10 means 10 Megabytes per second.

However, people who ask this question are probably under the wrong impression that Class 10 should be faster, because of great companies like Sandisk make their Class 10 cards go much faster.

Class 10 is simply an old classification, mainly certifies that the card in question is "good enough" for certain applications.

Sandisk Class 10 SD cards also come in different speed categories such as 20MB/s, 30MB/s and 45MB/s.

So far the only 2 applications I can think of that really takes advantage of the super fast speeds are DSLR's RAW captures and OS load time.

pmcizhere

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmcizhere
Alpha197 wrote:*sigh* I remember the day when I bought a 256MB memory stick duo for $49.99. Seemed like yesterday...

I remember buying a 64 MB SD card for my Palm Tungsten | E and paying nearly $70 for it. Crazy times!

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

clemel1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clemel1

This is actually what I have in mind...small, bootable Linux distro. I'm not familiar with the brand and the negative comments about speed make me question whether it is reliable. I'm still debating on it though...

pmcizhere

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmcizhere
Samstag wrote:Woot get out of my head!

So, it has come to this. I'm such a classhole!

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

eyeglass1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eyeglass1

On the topic, off the topic:
If you want reliable cards, go with Hoodman cards. Made in the USA and use a newer, more reliable die. Supposedly, and with report, no errors or corruptions like San Disk, etc.

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13
billrush5 wrote:Fair warning, sooner or later you WILL have an SD card fail. Data recovery software doesn't always work, and professional services cost hundreds. Before you buy this, decide whether you'd like to lose 64 gig of data or, say 4 gig.

I once bought a 32 gig because I thought using a huge card was a great idea so I wouldn't have to stop to change cards in the middle of a photo shoot. 2nd job using it, about 3 hours into a 4 hour live event its board fried. Everything was gone, including my client. That was an expensive mistake, but lesson learned...now I carry a card wallet full of 4gig cards, by the end of a shoot I've filled 6 of 'em, which means if 1 fails I still have over 80% of the photos I was hired to take.

You are correct sir.

Along with testing regularly helps. Using the disk utilities in Ubuntu and Windows to check.

Of course, are several flash memory tools and diagnostics from the vendor and third parties.

IMHO card is good for storage, and not really designed to be used for heavy repeated read/writes.

Silly Rabbit......

siandmike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages siandmike

Why is everyone down on Centon flash memory cards? I have never had one fail. And even if I did, there is a 5 full year warranty - free replacement. There you go. American made my friends. Keep it in America.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
dutchman2011 wrote:You can get a much more reliable class 10 memory card like from Sandisk and not have to worry about it deleting all of your data - AND it will most likely have a higher GB/sec than the bare minimum to call it a "Class 10" (which is 10GB/sec like this one has).

I don't know about you, but when it comes to recording home videos and taking pictures of my family and friends, I'd like to keep them safe and not have to worry about it becoming corrupt. I'd drop some extra $ just for the peace of mind.

I trust you are getting the files copied to some other media, the more the merrier. You need to play the odds when it comes to changing tech. USB will be gone in less than ten years, and who know what cards (if any) there will be. Remember serial ports?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
clemel1 wrote:This is actually what I have in mind...small, bootable Linux distro. I'm not familiar with the brand and the negative comments about speed make me question whether it is reliable. I'm still debating on it though...

Go Puppy Linux! Runs 100% in RAM! Trust me!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

chhunak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chhunak

Got 2 Centon 32GB Class 10 cards from Woot last year also. They are junk. They worked OK in still cameras (Canon SD960, SD550), but would not work on Canon HD camcorders (M40, HF200). The camcorders would not accept the cards as they are too slow. That is worse than a Sandisk class 4 which works fine in the same comcorders at highest bitrate. I am not surprise to hear so many complaints here either.

Chucky2012

cume80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cume80

Can use at EOS 550D?

DonKudler

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DonKudler
Alpha197 wrote:*sigh* I remember the day when I bought a 256MB memory stick duo for $49.99. Seemed like yesterday...

But...do you remember 3 1/2", 5 1/4" AND 8" floppies? I think I still have a computer in storage that uses 8 inchers along with an old ATT UNIX machine.

bethany3cat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bethany3cat

I'm shocked that none of this discussion has focused on the copy Woot! wrote for the SXDC card:

"How can you not even own a camera in 2012?

It's just that the last Woot!Off was focused, I mean, themed cameras. I know these deals deserve to be discussed, but lets show some love for the writers and admire the copy for a moment, shall we?

This kind of witty repartee can't be bought. After all, no one really buys it now, do we? Moment over; as you were.

Roostalee

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Roostalee

I like turtles!

Potrzebie!

dhpersonal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dhpersonal

I would've bought this memory card, but only if it were on an American Apparel blank.

In all seriousness, 64 GB is a lot of space. It would scare me to have that much data in one little card, waiting for me to lose it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

It’s time for another round of Woot! Clue! to guess the next product up for sale.

Tonight’s game is over at KIDS

Update: And it's over. Congrats to CowboyDann.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

flatlandr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages flatlandr
Roostalee wrote:Love to get this for my GoPro, but something tells me it wouldn't work.

GoPro only uses up to 32. 64 will not work on the gopro.From the official GoPro FAQ. "It's best to stay within spec recommendations with GoPro cameras. A buddy of mine tried this with a 64gb card and gets corrupted files often "

mr

nabilsalama

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nabilsalama

Tigerdirect bought CompUSA a while back, they are the same site with a different look.

MarkZiemba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarkZiemba

Ah, but will it work in a Novell 4.0 Server??

hazydave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hazydave
kist221 wrote:Same problem here for my t3i. Stops recording after a few seconds... Got it to work once at the beach for a while but that was it...

If it's dropping out on a Canon DSLR, it's not a real Class 10 card. The Canons all write at 44Mb/s ('cept the new EOS 1Dx, which has faster modes). A class 10 is supposed to support 10MB/s = 80Mb/s sustained writes.

Probably not a problem for camcorders, though. The standard AVCHD 1.x camcorder writes at up to 24Mb/s; AVCHD 2.0 is up to 28Mb/x.

hazydave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hazydave
artistray wrote:
However, people who ask this question are probably under the wrong impression that Class 10 should be faster, because of great companies like Sandisk make their Class 10 cards go much faster.

Class 10 means 10MB/s sustained writes. If a card went much faster, a company's marketing department would certainly call it a Class 12 or Class 15 or whatever.

But they don't specify the read performance, because that's not a critical issue on a camera, just nice to have when you're transferring files back to the PC. SanDisk has their own performance specs related to read speeds. There are no standards for this here.

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Centon 64GB SDXC Flash Card has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

RROSE7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RROSE7

Why does my new 64gig SD card format at 29.8gig. Sure looks like a 32gig card to me. (FAT OR NTFS) Did Ijust get WOOT-HOSED up the ying-yang???

ROBERT

[MODERATOR: Removed email address. Sorry for the problems. The card has a 5-year warranty through Centon. Contact them to see what the issue might be or to get a replacement. If you have any problems along the way, contact service@woot.com. ]

aefrench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aefrench
Roostalee wrote:Love to get this for my GoPro, but something tells me it wouldn't work.

I did get it for my gopro and it doesn't work! In fact I can't even get it to work on my computer. It's trying to format every time I load it. I'm sending it back! For 50 buck I'm not impressed at at all!

dangins89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dangins89

Mine's reading 29.8GB in Fat32, NTFS and exFAT... did they mislabel a 32gb chip or am I missing something here? I tried using Acronis Disk Director and FAT32Formatter but they all read 29.8GB. What do I do?

Sorry.. posting this lead me to the forum where I can read someone else had this problem =D Contacting them now.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dangins89 wrote:Mine's reading 29.8GB in Fat32, NTFS and exFAT... did they mislabel a 32gb chip or am I missing something here? I tried using Acronis Disk Director and FAT32Formatter but they all read 29.8GB. What do I do?

Sorry.. posting this lead me to the forum where I can read someone else had this problem =D Contacting them now.

Sorry for the problems. You have 5 year warranty with Centon. You should try contacting them to see if they can identify the problem or honor the warranty.

If you have any problems along the way, feel free to contact service@woot.com for assistance.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

alamatth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alamatth

I bought two of these and one is defective. Anyone else have any issues?

tonespliff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonespliff

this thing works 100% great with my canon t2i! I should of got 2