3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Kodak 14MP Digital Camera
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

lichme

quality posts: 2656 Private Messages lichme

Wouldn't go with the SD Card from yesterday

Product Page and Reviews

901Memphis

quality posts: 24 Private Messages 901Memphis

Cnet

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/kodak-easyshare-m583-digital/4505-6501_7-34507347.html

8.3/10 review avg here

http://www.zdnet.com/reviews/product/digital-cameras/kodak-easyshare-m583-digital-camera-red/34507353

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

$129.99 + Free shipping @ Amazon. Mostly positive reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-EasyShare-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B004FLL58Q

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

bmrbill

quality posts: 129 Private Messages bmrbill

Here are some reviews. Hope that helps you decide!

ashenkhar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashenkhar
lichme wrote:Would go good with the SD Card from yesterday!

Would *not* go good with the card from yesterday. This uses a micro SD card.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1

How will support be now that Kodak is getting out of the digital camera game?

crashck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crashck

Note it takes a microSD card not a full size SD card. Also a good deal on a 16gb microsd
http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-16GB-MicroSDHC-Memory-Class/dp/B001F7AJKI

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13

When you can't pronounce the name of the lens and uses them micro cards. It must have awesome zoom and portability....

Seriously, if it wasn't Kodak you would think about getting it. Just take the logo off.

Silly Rabbit......

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat

fellow wooters: please buy this if you're in need of a digital camera!

1) it's a nice camera, but more importantly;
2) kodak is on the brink of extinction and i'd hate to see an american institution disappear.

potter412

quality posts: 7 Private Messages potter412

This is a great price. I cannot even find it nearly this cheap in a refurb. And it has 4+ out of 5 star reviews almost everywhere.

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21

Not only has Kodak gone bankrupt but they are Discontinuing Camera Manufacturing and Ending Retiree Health Benefits

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

Hey look it's something new a CAMERA!!! Also note it's a KODAK!!! Good job on this one woot!!

coolbro12389

quality posts: 3 Private Messages coolbro12389

its out of stock but $74 at walmart.com. i know the store i work at has them for this price in store but its because they are on clearance, tho i will say from what i have played with on the display model its a nice little camera, especially for the price

potter412

coolbro12389 wrote:its out of stock but $74 at walmart.com. i know the store i work at has them for this price in store but its because they are on clearance, tho i will say from what i have played with on the display model its a nice little camera, especially for the price

That's a decent deal... except it only would have come in pink or purple (heh) but to each his (or her) own

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle
teenracer6 wrote:$129.99 + Free shipping @ Amazon. Mostly positive reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-EasyShare-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B004FLL58Q

Sounds good. Thanks for the link to the site.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

potter412

This does come in black, correct? It's not specified anywhere...

aznxenocide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznxenocide

All right, commentators, you've convinced me. IF1!

dbuggr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dbuggr
SBCJester21 wrote:Not only has Kodak gone bankrupt but they Discontinuing Camera Manufacturing and Ending Retiree Health Benefits

Based on the slashing of retiree benefits alone, I'm not buying it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

potter412 wrote:This does come in black, correct? It's not specified anywhere...

Yep, what you see is what you get.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn

For some odd reason Wally World online had (past tense) their 16 MP Kodak Easyshare on "ship to store free" for $58 with a 4 GB card. They are on the shelves for $104, which I thought was nuts, so I ordered one.

Virtually all of the "decisions" are hidden so you have to go to "scenes" and pick "P" to change ISO, exposure comp, etc. There was no AV, TV or M. This is a good thing for the Casual Kodak user.

In my book, "How To Use The Digital camera You Just Bought, (Amazon)" I mention that a huge number of my students NEVER use those setting, don't know apertures from apple turnovers and could care less.

But the darn thing works REALLY well. I may be the higher resolution. I've notices a lot of tonality improvement from 10 MP to 14 or 16.

There are even settings to emulate various kinds of (Kodak) film. I wonder how many users will say, "What is Tri-X??"

One warning...skip the Easyshare software, get a card reader and save your own files. Easyshare tends to do a lot of the work for you, but there are times when I just want so save my files to a folder where I can find them again.

Also, pul-eeze tell mom and dad or gramps that this kind of camera is NOT for great indoor sports actions shots from 100 feet away with no flash. You gotta spend the big bucks to do that, and I don't mean $300!

Oh yeah, the HD video seems to be OK too, and I hope most of the good things I found carry over to this model.

There will of course be those who once had a Kodak and it once went bad and Kodak was mean to them, etc., etc. Keep in mind that your mileage may vary.

And ignore people who simply say their photos are "blurry." They are trying to shoot in low light with no flash and don't know the difference between camera shake and subject movement...it's all "blurry" to them. Some folks resist learning the basics of photography...and in a few years, they won't have to. But right now it helps to know what is going on "under the hood" and what limitations these magical digitals still have.

Happy Wooting.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies

Anyone have any experience with these and macro shots?

oops, pardon me, i wooted

gobears99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gobears99

Why do you think Kodak is leaving the camera business? Had a Kodak digital camera years ago and it had problem focusing on low light and took lousy pictures. Hope their technology has improved since then.

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu

boys and girls,
this is the stuff woot!s are made of.
in for one- woot!

garylehr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages garylehr
radi0j0hn wrote:For some odd reason Wally World online had (past tense) their 16 MP Kodak Easyshare on "ship to store free" for $58 with a 4 GB card. They are on the shelves for $104, which I thought was nuts, so I ordered one.

Virtually all of the "decisions" are hidden so you have to go to "scenes" and pick "P" to change ISO, exposure comp, etc. There was no AV, TV or M. This is a good thing for the Casual Kodak user.

In my book, "How To Use The Digital camera You Just Bought, (Amazon)" I mention that a huge number of my students NEVER use those setting, don't know apertures from apple turnovers and could care less.

But the darn thing works REALLY well. I may be the higher resolution. I've notices a lot of tonality improvement from 10 MP to 14 or 16.

There are even settings to emulate various kinds of (Kodak) film. I wonder how many users will say, "What is Tri-X??"

One warning...skip the Easyshare software, get a card reader and save your own files. Easyshare tends to do a lot of the work for you, but there are times when I just want so save my files to a folder where I can find them again.

Also, pul-eeze tell mom and dad or gramps that this kind of camera is NOT for great indoor sports actions shots from 100 feet away with no flash. You gotta spend the big bucks to do that, and I don't mean $300!

Oh yeah, the HD video seems to be OK too, and I hope most of the good things I found carry over to this model.

There will of course be those who once had a Kodak and it once went bad and Kodak was mean to them, etc., etc. Keep in mind that your mileage may vary.

And ignore people who simply say their photos are "blurry." They are trying to shoot in low light with no flash and don't know the difference between camera shake and subject movement...it's all "blurry" to them. Some folks resist learning the basics of photography...and in a few years, they won't have to. But right now it helps to know what is going on "under the hood" and what limitations these magical digitals still have.

Happy Wooting.

John, I just purchased your book from the AC Press website, from what I see so far it is very informative and easy for even the most amateur digital camera user to understand and learn from. I'm not sure if it's okay to recommend a forum poster's product instead of woot's, maybe if I say that if you buy the camera then you definitely should buy the book too.... off the record, the book's great even if by some chance you don't buy the camera!

xntric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xntric
dbuggr wrote:Based on the slashing of retiree benefits alone, I'm not buying it.

Right on! I downloaded all of my photos from their web-site also...doubt that it's ever been profitable for them, so right after the retirement benefits ...Cut the benefits for those who kept them going all of these years, in spite of Kodak's over-priced junk. I'm so old, I can remember when many people never said "Camera", they said "Kodak". Back when I sold cameras, they were already behind the times ... say about 1960.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Great price & great reviews. I'm in.
You can never have too many cameras or tablets.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen
radi0j0hn wrote:For some odd reason Wally World online had (past tense) their 16 MP Kodak Easyshare on "ship to store free" for $58 with a 4 GB card. They are on the shelves for $104, which I thought was nuts, so I ordered one.

Happy Wooting.

John, I can't find your book on Amazon. Do you have a link?

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

Holy Woot! That's only $4.999285714285714 per megapixel (before shipping) Crazy how cheap quality cameras are these days. I'm loading up and taking them back to the future in my DeLorean.

redpocketsquare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redpocketsquare

I just bought one.... Now next time I go to a concert would I be better off using the camera or my iPhone for pics/vid? I imagine the camera? Experience with the audio anyone?

j4r0d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j4r0d

Does it include an auto-volt (110V-240V) charger? That would be nice to have it.

mavherzog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mavherzog

In for two of these! I also went to Amazon and picked up two 16gb microSD cards and two copies of the above-referenced book. One set of each for me and one set for my wife.

My wife and I have been using our iPhone 4 cameras and they are just not cutting it. (had a Sony Cybershot...but it has gone missing).

http://geekhack.org

CAsawStud

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CAsawStud

I had one of the first Kodak digital comeras. It was 2.9 megapixels. The thing took absolutely incredible pictures, even in low light.

While the technology was slow, the life like color saturation was the best I had seen. I still have the camera and only recently decided it was time to upgrade because the shutter was so slow to recharge and the battery situation became cumbersome.

The higher the megapixel does not equal better pictures or details.

I mourn Kodak. Maybe they'll build GM cars...

garylehr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages garylehr

I will be seeing one of the Bruuuuce concerts at Izod, which would be the best choice for taking videos, my Canon A650, iPod touch 4th gen, HTC G2, or.. this?

flightsuit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flightsuit

I bought one, and it's my very first Woot purchase.

I'm glad to see that it comes with a rechargeable battery, but curious about the fact that no AC adapter is mentioned. Does this thing get charged up by plugging the USB cable into your computer or something?

I hope that's not the only charging method.

integrator97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages integrator97

Is a rechargeable battery good or bad? Seems like it could be an issue if you're taking a bunch a flash pictures, and the battery starts to go. Can't just keep an extra set or two of AA or AAA batteries.

tonyjewellca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyjewellca
flightsuit wrote:I bought one, and it's my very first Woot purchase.

I'm glad to see that it comes with a rechargeable battery, but curious about the fact that no AC adapter is mentioned. Does this thing get charged up by plugging the USB cable into your computer or something?

In the box:

Kodak M583 14MP Digital Camera
Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
AC Adapter
USB Cable
Wrist Strap
User Guide

WakeUpNeo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WakeUpNeo
flightsuit wrote:I bought one, and it's my very first Woot purchase.

Welcome to Woot!

From the product description:

In the box:

Kodak M583 14MP Digital Camera
Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
AC Adapter
USB Cable
Wrist Strap
User Guide

And click on the photo of the camera at the top of the product page to see what comes in the package.

Hope this helps!