Lazarus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lazarus
Lazarus2 wrote:

errr, sorry - Dudette.
I'm Lazarus Long. A pleasure to meet you at long-last.

Likewise. So, here you are, escaped from a Heinlein sciffy and posting on woot, huh?

Normal people worry me

jtoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtoc

"Order iYapp - A Verbal Lie Timer" <<<<All Letters Used Baby!

I don't care what you think.

Kiora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kiora
mrgrod wrote:
What exactly is that supposed to mean?

DOH! Forgive me if I'm wrong but he ingeniously produced another anagram out of SPECIAL PREFERENCE....lol! COOL! He meant no harm, I'm sure. :)

www.translationsbykaren.com

Lazarus2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lazarus2
Lazarus wrote:
Likewise. So, here you are, escaped from a Heinlein sciffy and posting on woot, huh?

I tricked the twins and Doris into thinking I'm here studying the 21th Century process of capitalism, now called Woot!ism. I don't think they really believed me but since I've not been fatally shot or such, you never know. That's the fun in life, you never know what you're going to get. Kind of like a box of chocolates. Someone told me that, can't remember the name... the memory gets funky as you get older.
By the way, very nice work on your contest entry.

From the Notebook of Lazarus Long:
"Touch is the most fundamental sense. A baby experiences it, all over, before he is born and long before he learns to use sight, hearing, or taste, and no human ever ceases to need it. Keep your children short on pocket money -- but long on hugs."

dbjeter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbjeter

"PORTABLE LIVID APE REAMER" ...best I could do; didn't use Y or R.

Lazarus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lazarus
Lazarus2 wrote:

I tricked the twins and Doris into thinking I'm here studying the 21th Century process of capitalism, now called Woot!ism. I don't think they really believed me but since I've not been shot or such you never know. That's the fun in life, you never know what you're going to get. Kind of like a box of chocolates. Someone told me that, can't remember the name... the memory gets funky as you get older.
By the way, very nice work on your contest entry.

Thanks! I just post for fun. I really don't seem to have the same sense of humor as the judges at all. <G>

Normal people worry me

mrgrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgrod
Kiora wrote:

DOH! Forgive me if I'm wrong but he ingeniously produced another anagram out of SPECIAL PREFERENCE....lol! COOL! He meant no harm, I'm sure. :)

Yeah I picked up on the anagram, and yes I am aware that there are anagram generators out there that a lot of people in this contest used, including hames in his "special preference" and "anagrams are hard" gags. My point is that even with the anagram generators, only a small amount of the thounsands of results actually make cohesive and interesting sentences...and therefore I don't think entries that do not use exactly the right amount of letters should qualify for any prizes. I don't think chopping skills should be considered more important than taking the time to make an actual anagram. I'm not saying I should win (I know my skills are not that great yet), but there are tons of great entries that used all of the letters and the winners should come from that group. BTW...I chose not to use an anagram generator for either entry because that (for me) would've taken half the fun out of the contest...and that's why I entered, for fun. And it was fun, so there.

Lazarus2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lazarus2
Lazarus wrote:
Thanks! I just post for fun. I really don't seem to have the same sense of humor as the judges at all. <G>

Well, I got a kick out of it. The technical skill on the pic was impressive, far and away above average. It wasn't until after I looked at the sources that I caught the iRiver in your finished work.

Well, I guess I need to head on home - Alicia will begin to think I've got a girlfriend (wink) wait a minute that's from Field of Dreams It's late and I'm confused worse than normal. Drop me a line (Board's Private Message) some time.
'Nite Laz
And goodnight Mrs. Calabash -- wherever you are!

From the Notebook of Lazarus Long:
"Touch is the most fundamental sense. A baby experiences it, all over, before he is born and long before he learns to use sight, hearing, or taste, and no human ever ceases to need it. Keep your children short on pocket money -- but long on hugs."

vindicare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vindicare

We all know this is what Link was thinking

Rape alibi? implore advert

even better with the original

Even got all the letters

kschang

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kschang

Primitively adorable reaper

ehehel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehehel

In keeping with the pimpish theme

I PARADE MY LAPEL. ERR I, TO VIBE?

best i can do with all the letters sorry about my photoshop skills simplicity is best they say

mnementh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnementh
Targetcat66 wrote:
I feel this way every year after St Patricks Day!
A shameless theft of mnementh's quality entry. Liver::River it's all the same to me!

Shouldn't that be the iPrayer Portable Media Liver?

bam wokka chicka wokka chicka wokka chicka wokka chicka
Master Ninja Theme Song

Targetcat66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Targetcat66
mnementh wrote:

Shouldn't that be the iPrayer Portable Media Liver?

WINNER! They say the liver is the first to go
Ouch, my spleen is acting up now...I gotta go

hames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hames
mrgrod wrote:
therefore I don't think entries that do not use exactly the right amount of letters should qualify for any prizes.

I didn't mean to offend, I just think that saying that the entries that didn't use all the letters should be disqualified is wrong. Toon himself said that wouldn't be the case, but those who came the closest to the "ideal" would be the best. These contests _are_ for fun. So lighten up!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Targetcat66 wrote:
WINNER! They say the liver is the first to go
Ouch, my spleen is acting up now...I gotta go

you can live a hell of a long time on a bad liver. kidney? not so much. lungs? really poor. I vote for lungs.

Targetcat66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Targetcat66
Josephus wrote:

you can live a hell of a long time on a bad liver. kidney? not so much. lungs? really poor. I vote for lungs.

True, True. I have lots of family experience with lungs going ka-put. Not much future in that. Why is it that most of the really important organs are only one of a kind. I would like to have a back-up heart, liver, etc.

qwertyuiop000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwertyuiop000
Targetcat66 wrote:
True, True. I have lots of family experience with lungs going ka-put. Not much future in that. Why is it that most of the really important organs are only one of a kind. I would like to have a back-up heart, liver, etc.

Any technical reason why you couldn't grab a few organs out of, say, a pig (with suitable anti-rejection drugs)?

mnementh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnementh
qwertyuiop000 wrote:

Any technical reason why you couldn't grab a few organs out of, say, a pig (with suitable anti-rejection drugs)?

pig and elephant DNA just won't splice

bam wokka chicka wokka chicka wokka chicka wokka chicka
Master Ninja Theme Song

Josephus

mnementh wrote:

pig and elephant DNA just won't splice

sure they will! It's the proteins that just won't get along. That pesky immune system messes up everything.

qwertyuiop000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwertyuiop000
Josephus wrote:

sure they will! It's the proteins that just won't get along. That pesky immune system messes up everything.

That's why I mentioned drugs. Drugs are the solution to all problems!

Josephus

qwertyuiop000 wrote:

That's why I mentioned drugs. Drugs are the solution to all problems!

no xenotransplant ever worked. for a major organ. heart valves, sure. nothing with a lot of blood flow, though.

sometimes wonder drugs can kill us.

Sodaman420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sodaman420
Josephus wrote:

no xenotransplant ever worked. for a major organ. heart valves, sure. nothing with a lot of blood flow, though.

sometimes wonder drugs can kill us.

O RLY?
VIOXX?