wootifish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootifish
WootAGuy wrote:This Woot is so bad I just had to post my first comment. Woot is becoming irrelavent. With the products I've seen for sale lately, I'm about to remove the Woot icon from my desktop and the Woot app from my smart phone. They're just not worth my time to check any more.

Wonder if you'd feel that way if it were a men's pro shaver that shaved your backside.

Girls like stuff, too!

3eyore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 3eyore
lbcoop wrote:Why does Woot only offer a one year limited warranty and on Folica.com (featured on Woot) same item has a four year warranty? Of course it cost $130 on Folica.com

It seems to me that you answered your own question. Is circa $80 worth the extra three years' warranty?

Velcro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Velcro
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry you feel that way. However, this item sold over 1000 units before noon the last time it was offered.

Previous Offer from December

My observation is that 'sadly' WOOT IS BECOMING ORDINARY..the dedicated fan base (which was responsible for a LOT of purchases and most importantly 'publicity'--word of mouth, etc) is eroding...and I am sorry to see that happen.

3eyore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 3eyore
WootAGuy wrote:This Woot is so bad I just had to post my first comment. Woot is becoming irrelavent. With the products I've seen for sale lately, I'm about to remove the Woot icon from my desktop and the Woot app from my smart phone. They're just not worth my time to check any more.

You can go here for a reasonable alternative.

rjkoch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjkoch

My wife wants to know...

Do the plates swivel/rock or are they solidly locked in place?

Does the handle get too hot to handle?

pamowhamo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pamowhamo

This is an incredible product! Bought one on here before and I LOVE it!! Getting one for my daughter today. And yes, it does have a dial for temp setting

suehenderson66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suehenderson66
girlfriday98 wrote:There is a way to curl with a flat iron that I have heard lasts for days. There are videos on youtube, but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe I will after I buy this bad boy flat iron.

It works great. My hair doesn't hold a curl at all--well, it didn't until I tried this method. I couldn't believe how well it held up. It's a little tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.

pamowhamo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pamowhamo
rjkoch wrote:My wife wants to know...

Plates are fixed - no swivel. Handle does not get too hot. She will love it.

jessicahll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicahll

I don't have this particular model, but I do have a Babyliss flat iron that I got Christmas about 7 years ago and still works great. Handle never gets hot at all, the plates are firmly in there, and I love that I can adjust the temp.

I have thick wavy, almost curly hair naturally and when used with the right shampoo (ironically Herbal Essences scrunch type) it takes me 15-20 minutes to do my whole head. If I had $45 I would be all over this.

jbrava

quality posts: 15 Private Messages jbrava

I bought one when it was on home woot. I don't like it. The case is very thin, which you think is going to be nice, but I just ended up burning my fingers on the outside of it. I'm back to using my fhi.

rolandclark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rolandclark

Not a great deal, can purchase the exact same iron from Amazon for $5.00 less. When I got ready to check out on Woot using PayPal they added another $4+ for something called Woot Tax.

Cut and paste into browser

http://www.amazon.com/Babyliss-Nano-Titanium-plated-Ultra-thin-Straightening/dp/B006Q5E6JY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330786747&sr=8-2

csmith1591

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csmith1591

Awww shucks, IFO. Couldn't help myself, now tomorrow, how 'bout a nice hair dryer? :D

djrmsn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages djrmsn

I have a high quality straightener - but that storage/carryng case ... Now THAT's another story!

acewingman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages acewingman

When I saw this text line in my email I imagined a golf club that would help my handycap... Boy was I surprised when I clicked on the link.

dalematthew

quality posts: 24 Private Messages dalematthew
kmontrose wrote:I'm not so sure... the latest link you posted from Amazon is for model BABNTSL3072. The one Woot is offering is model BABNT3072, which is the same one you posted originally, offered on Amazon at $90 with a list price of $159 (for whatever that's worth). Not sure exactly what the "SL" adds (or detracts),but now I'm wondering which one we're really going to get...

Woot! Staff - can we get a clarification on this?

I'm not going to weigh in on the appropriateness of product for the woot site it's on - but Amazon beating the Woot price would be tragic.

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

The last time this was on woot I was super tempted to buy it. I loved the case and the price was much less than I paid for my chi. This is titanium instead of ceramic. I didnt know if the difference would be worth switching.

I talked it over with my friend and she asked me if there was anything wrong with my Chi. I told her no. Then why do you need to change she replied. Well if this one is better then maybe I dont know what Im missing out on.... We both read the discussion board and found the biggest comment was titanium doesnt pull your hair while straightening. Well I never noticed the ceramic iron pulling my hair. I just couldnt decide. Then it sold out so there was my decision.

Two weeks ago I decided I needed a new curling iron, mine was very old and dated. I found a great deal on a titanium curling iron. I was curious about it and thought NOW I can see what this titanium business is all about. Holy Cow the curling iron was so slick on my hair. It made styling very easy. My hair took the curl immediately. Problem is I immediately regretted not buying the titanium flat iron from woot. If the curling iron was that slick on my hair I know a flat iron with the same titanium would be amazing at straightening and would only need one pass to do the job.

This morning I woke up and here it is!! Sometimes we dont get a chance to make up for passing on an item but today I did.

Ill consider it good Karma for being sweet to the woot staff yesterday for their little audio line in mishap. While the Otter photo was fantastic and made me smile, this is so much better! Everyone makes mistakes, whether it be a wrong item discription or passing on an item and then regretting it, but the world is a better place when we are able to correct it. Today is a good day!

Oh and to Mr. where is my Sansa woot has changed, blah blah blah. Give it a rest. One guy will complain why dontt you post more Sansas, ipods and dysons. Come on Woot youve changed! But if they do the next guy will say all woot does is post the same ol stuff, Sansas, ipods and dysons. Woot is boring! Dude when items are posted at great prices, and things even sell out, this should clue you in...the world doesnt revolve around you. There are many others out there that need things you may not. So check your woot, if you dont like the item, just come back tomorrow. Patience is a virtue.

cellochick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cellochick

I bought this exact straightener a few months ago, and spent over $100. It is much better than the Chi straightener I had used for years prior. This one heats up fast and straightens my thick hair well. I highly recommend this product.

cantcan2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cantcan2

I am a professional hairdresser and use Babyliss flat irons and blow dryers exclusively. The flat irons usually cost around $130 professional price but my distributors run a special at least once a year where you get a blow dryer free (a $100 value) when you buy an iron. Still at $45 Woot's price is pretty damn good.

ceci1ia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceci1ia

I bought a new straightening iron, but I live off the grid and it won't work with my modified sine wave inverter. I can only use it at work. Bah. I would like to get this, but there's no way I can tell ahead of time whether it will work at my house.

ojtorres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ojtorres

I have 2 different BaByliss PRO straighteners and I LOVE THEM BOTH, nothing has EVER made my hair so silky smooth and straightens as fast as them. why not make it 3!!

Mystic`

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mystic`

anyone else a little perplexed that Utah is a wooting hotspot for this? >=S

ojtorres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ojtorres
rjkoch wrote:My wife wants to know...

on one of mine the swivel, and on one they do not. but no, the handle does not get hot. this is a GREAT flat iron, at a GREAT price

esquire73

quality posts: 1 Private Messages esquire73

What has two thumbs and just vindicated himself for his years of Wooting? This guy right here! Thanks, Woot! Now that I have replaced my beautiful bride's broken Chi with this, it's buy one Woot, get two FREE! Not that I'd expect you to give me two Woots free. I mean that I get the next two without condescending looks. You understand.

yorkie7449

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yorkie7449

I got this when it was offered last time and I LOVE it. I get so many compliments on my hair now and it's so smooth and shiny. Well worth every penny.

calebandamyjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages calebandamyjo

I bought one at the last woot after my CHI had just pooped out (after 6 months), and this straightener is AMAZING! Way better than the chi. I love this straightener. Cuts my morning routine in half!

brasssong

quality posts: 11 Private Messages brasssong
rickeysue wrote:I'm bald so I guess I shouldn't get this?

Ditto. But maybe it would work on my spine...

toadfish63

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toadfish63

Picked one up for the wife and maybe Molly, our curly-haired mutt. She would look so much more sleek with straightened hair...Molly that is.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

I've used Babyliss products, blow dryers, not the straightening Iron. I have a daughter who bought the iron at Marshalls, same place I got my blow dryer. Both work great, company is supposed to make professional items for salons.

I can only go by my dryer. It works very well, have it 4 years and it's working as well as the day it came out of the packing. Marshalls or TJ Maxx do carrying them priced well but YMMV.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

nano titanium, is this an iIron?

TehCaspia

quality posts: 16 Private Messages TehCaspia
lstaff wrote:My friend has this. She states ”It heats up in less than five seconds and the ceramic plates straighten without static buildup. It gets your hair so straight it looks sleek. She spent a lot more money than this. She's used it for at least two years, and it works as well as the day she got it.”

That's pretty amazing considering this is NOT a ceramic iron...but a titanium one...

woot changed my signature...apparently linking my old blog was "advertising"...never thought I'd see anyone give Obama a run for his money on being the nanny state...

eliztowns

quality posts: 3 Private Messages eliztowns

I own a BaByliss straightener (bought for much more than this) and I LOVE it. It is so much better than the cheap ones.

MichXelle

ThunderThighs wrote:

I will also ditto that!!

ThunderThighs, where is a list of how to create emoticons or is there one? Is there a woot url? Thanks so much for any info you can provide.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

rolandclark wrote:Not a great deal, can purchase the exact same iron from Amazon for $5.00 less. When I got ready to check out on Woot using PayPal they added another $4+ for something called Woot Tax.

Cut and paste into browser

http://www.amazon.com/Babyliss-Nano-Titanium-plated-Ultra-thin-Straightening/dp/B006Q5E6JY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330786747&sr=8-2

I never get Woot tax and just added 1 until the click the gold button and still no tax of any kind. It must be your state, blame them and you'll get the same tax from Amazon more than likely.

It was nice of you to copy and paste the url but do you know how to create a clickable link? We can teach you how, it's easier for others and takes an extra 30 seconds for you.

mazorj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mazorj
Robearlbms wrote:I can't imagine what that would look like"downstairs". It's kinda creepy.

Yeah, after reading the story line my reaction was "E-e-e-w! Who'd want to put that in their own hair now?"

But then I got to thinking... would it work just as well for armpit hair?

sabreena98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sabreena98
kittymac wrote:Last time it sold out before I decided what to do... now temptation rears its head again.... Woot why do you tempt me so...

Girl me too even though I already broke bown and bought a brand not as good as this since I was desperate

Peaty

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Peaty

Got this last woot for the wife. The case is useless in my opinion. But she really liked the iron itself. She said it works better than the CHI brand one she has.

Peaty

150+ Woots and no signs of stopping...

derekio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekio

scary part of this deal "smart post". for the uninitiated, that means woot ships fedex or ups, to a hub(usually past your house 3 days, then the package is handed over to usps to crawl back home to you. entire process usually takes 7-10 days. it will infuriate you.Especially when you look at tracking info and the package went past your house once.

mrosem14

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrosem14

I think some of the men folk need to simmer down with the antiwoot whining.

In for one - my iron burnt out last week

tigriss7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tigriss7

Went in for one this morning. My old Conair cost the same to replace, so I think I'll up grade for the same price. I just hope the cord doesn't curl up like the Conair did.

Now to wait for hot bliss in my bathroom!

AquaSky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AquaSky

In for one. Let's see if this can tame my thick, wavy hair.