2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
SCX Nascar Superspeedway Set
$19.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost

Does this come with jet powered trucks that cause huge fiery explosions?

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose

Whoa, this seems pretty tempting. Small track though?

klmjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klmjr

This isnt kids woot is it?

HarryBeanbag

quality posts: 35 Private Messages HarryBeanbag

Apparently kids.woot and regular woot have their lines crossed

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13

Guess I need to order more sets. Its not NASCAR until I crash at least 3 or more cars on the track and is the Jet Fuel Track dryer available for this set?

Silly Rabbit......

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100

"2 Cars, 2 Controllers"

Twofer Tuesday? Oh wait, it's not Tuesday...

lichme

quality posts: 2940 Private Messages lichme

misguidedsoul

quality posts: 3 Private Messages misguidedsoul

Looks like Daytona layout

thumperchick

quality posts: 240 Private Messages thumperchick

Soapie0

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Soapie0

Really? Does it come with the Go Daddy girls? 'Cause I'd buy it then.

Misty Walker

erikras

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erikras

I worked in a hobby shop through most of high school and college. We sold a ton of SCX slot car sets. Both 1:43 scale and the larger 1:32. They make really nice stuff and this is a STEAL for $25 shipped. Buy two sets and make a larger track!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
lichme wrote:Here is the Product Page

I think the video is right, but the product webpage is off (the drivers/numbers are different). This product has Matt Kenseth in the 17 car and Greg Biffle in the 16.

$79.99 on Target vs. tonight for $19.99:
http://www.target.com/p/SCX-Compact-NASCAR-Tri-Oval-Super-Speedway-Set/-/A-10947778

One review, 2 stars (edit: it was because of the power source issue it sounds like for outside the US), $99.99 at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/SCX-Tri-Oval-NASCAR-Set/dp/B003B0070E/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1330926318&sr=1-3-fkmr0

Product website FAQ:
http://www.scxworldwide.com/help/faq.php

Bye!

scottman54

quality posts: 34 Private Messages scottman54

This must be last year's model. It doesn't come with a Danica Patrick crashing car.

SilentLegend

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SilentLegend

This track looks far too complex for NASCAR.

aaronshall

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aaronshall

Mine always seemed to turn into something less fun.

Elliot Sadler version

acassius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acassius

I don't know much about the superspeedway set. I only know the superspeedway set team owners.

csparkle33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csparkle33

I guess it is ramen until Friday. In for one.

Chillax. Eat some fruit. Take a dump. You'll feel better. I promise.

KidA0723

quality posts: 11 Private Messages KidA0723
misguidedsoul wrote:Looks like Daytona layout

Eh. I say a little more like talladega. Kinda.

More Bunnies Ogling Carrots's please!

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

No LOOPS?

carabino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carabino

1:43 product page

http://www.scxworldwide.com/product/product.php?pid=343

will soon be in for 3... coworker's 5yo is asking about the slot car sets again...

tsfisch

quality posts: 40 Private Messages tsfisch

This is really crazy. We had the family back at mom's this past weekend and I pulled out some old "slotless" race tracks (you know, the kind that you could supposedly "pass" and "change lanes" but usually just stalled out?) that I had as a kid - haven't been touched for maybe 25+ years.

Then I come back home and see Woot has a slot car set. Dude, you guys are freaking me out.

(cue the Rockwell "Somebody's Watching Me" here...)

shahnm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages shahnm
whatsamattaU wrote:I think the video is right, but the product webpage is off (the drivers/numbers are different). This product has Matt Kenseth in the 17 car and Greg Biffle in the 16.

$79.99 on Target vs. tonight for $19.99:
http://www.target.com/p/SCX-Compact-NASCAR-Tri-Oval-Super-Speedway-Set/-/A-10947778

One review, 2 stars, $99.99 at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/SCX-Tri-Oval-NASCAR-Set/dp/B003B0070E/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1330926318&sr=1-3-fkmr0

Product website FAQ:
http://www.scxworldwide.com/help/faq.php

Bye!

It looks like the 2 star amazon review is from someone who wanted to use it somewhere "else". Here's the main point of their gripe: "While this looks like a good set, be warned that the transformer included is for US voltage only."

That's not a deal breaker for me...

clintone

quality posts: 12 Private Messages clintone
erikras wrote:I worked in a hobby shop through most of high school and college. We sold a ton of SCX slot car sets. Both 1:43 scale and the larger 1:32. They make really nice stuff and this is a STEAL for $25 shipped. Buy two sets and make a larger track!

I was thinking along the same lines with some questions. Not being well versed in electronics, is it ok to double the track on the one transformer? Are the transformers somewhat tailored for a particular length of track? Would the cars run slower on a longer track? My only experience with this sort of thing goes way back to my childhood. The only thing I do remember is having two train sets and hooking up both transformers to the track, which really made the train fly.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
shahnm wrote:It looks like the 2 star amazon review is from someone who wanted to use it somewhere "else". Here's the main point of their gripe: "While this looks like a good set, be warned that the transformer included is for US voltage only."

That's not a deal breaker for me...

Agreed. Can't find any other reviews. Sorry if it was misleading. I'm going to correct the above entry and get back to work.

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew
erikras wrote:I worked in a hobby shop through most of high school and college. We sold a ton of SCX slot car sets. Both 1:43 scale and the larger 1:32. They make really nice stuff and this is a STEAL for $25 shipped. Buy two sets and make a larger track!

Hi - thanks for the info. Is this the same as Scaletrix (sp?) I would have had as a kid? Really can't remember the scale - but was 25+ yrs ago.

What kind of price do you think would it be to buy just the track alone - thinking of your comment to buy 2 - but probably don't want 2 lots of the same cars and power supply.

Edit: in for 2. My 4 yr old is going to love this! - I'll show some fatherly restraint in front of the wife So many memories growing up playing with this stuff.

iceathlete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iceathlete
misguidedsoul wrote:Looks like Daytona layout

Fail.

csparkle33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csparkle33
tsfisch wrote:This is really crazy. We had the family back at mom's this past weekend and I pulled out some old "slotless" race tracks (you know, the kind that you could supposedly "pass" and "change lanes" but usually just stalled out?) that I had as a kid - haven't been touched for maybe 25+ years.

Then I come back home and see Woot has a slot car set. Dude, you guys are freaking me out.

(cue the Rockwell "Somebody's Watching Me" here...)

Eerily similar situation, visited my Aunt yesterday and the kids were playing with MY old set. So now I am twisting up my foil hat.....

Chillax. Eat some fruit. Take a dump. You'll feel better. I promise.

balki14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages balki14

In for two - hopefully can put both sets together to do laps under the Xmas tree, and the couch, and the coffee table. It's going to be brutal to keep these hidden for that long. The second $20 is worth it for parts alone.

salockwood

quality posts: 5 Private Messages salockwood
thumperchick wrote:They're turning LEEEEFFFT!

Another left turn...easy.to follow with our short attention span

This space for rent.

milesy20

quality posts: 1 Private Messages milesy20

In for two so that when the boy and I destroy one of the cars we will have backups. The wifey will LOVE more toys in the house for her boys to play with.

Thanks, Woot!

hasopt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hasopt
acassius wrote:I don't know much about the superspeedway set. I only know the superspeedway set team owners.

Now THAT'S a quality post!

bradklingensmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradklingensmith

Those damn things never changed lanes like they were supposed to...stalled out is correct.

traffic_doc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages traffic_doc

Here is a review of the Formula 1 version of this product

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=scx_compact_cars

The review was vary positive -- but the photo links seem to be broken.

Big007Bond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Big007Bond

Does this set come with a jet dryer truck in turn 3 that explodes when the car goes off the track????

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

balki14 wrote:In for two - hopefully can put both sets together to do laps under the Xmas tree, and the couch, and the coffee table. It's going to be brutal to keep these hidden for that long. The second $20 is worth it for parts alone.

Pro Tip: It's always best to check things out before putting them away for that long. This has a 2 year warranty but I don't want any bad moments under the tree.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Big007Bond wrote:Hey woot! editor... not to be a NASCAR snuff, but Matt Kenseth drove a Best Buy car (not Dewalt car) over the finish line at Daytona...

One more question... does this set come with a jet dryer truck in turn 3 that explodes when the car goes off the track????

That's not what the box shows. We just go by the box.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

merenthamasada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merenthamasada

Does this plug in to HO-scale Tyco sets?

mnbigguy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mnbigguy

Does this set include a mini Dana Patrick driver doll?