RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Judging from some of the comments, 'able to pick up husky fur' is the standard for how well a vacuum works.

They should make this a marketing point. Have a cute, fluffy husky puppy sprawled out on the couch lazily (but warily) watching as someone cleans up the carpet. Get one with heterochromia for optimal cute.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

Ive got the Dyson Animal ( the Big purple one ) I bought like 7 years ago. And I bought it new off HSN for bout 3 x the price. I love it . it is the BEST investment I've ever made . And the customer service is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! I WONT ever buy a different brand of vacuum again . Dyson's are ROCK SOLID !! And they Do stand behind their Stuff .

When they say that A Dyson Sucks, it is that the Really do . (in picking up dirt that is ) .

I hope this helps .

One more thing . Dont forget to hand wash the filters out at least everymonth or two. and Let them air dry for a day or two. And replacement parts eg. Accessories, filters, etc. Can be bought at the Dyson Web site , I hope this helps

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

OblivionAngel

quality posts: 7 Private Messages OblivionAngel

Yellow?... Isn't that Orange?...

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
OblivionAngel wrote:Yellow?... Isn't that Orange?...

Nope it is yellow . The color choices , are , Red, blue , purple, Pink and yellow .

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

leftfooty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages leftfooty

I don't normally do carpets, but if I did, I would use Dyson. Stay clean my friends.

adamrules

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamrules
vipermjb wrote:dyson.woot.com will take you to this item. Conspiracy, yes.

So will gullible.woot.com ...(no really, it does)

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
oldlostsoul wrote:Oh. You mean that vacuum consumer reports gave the highest rating for bagless vacuums... well above ANY Dyson. And at only ~$100. WINNING!

I love my Hoover. I got it NEW, and saved ~$150 over this dog of a Dyson "deal."

you mean the hoover who's bagless vacuum was basically a giant plastic container with a pleated paper filter in its airpath? or the one that took dyson's old old design whose's patent has long expired?

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

oldlostsoul

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oldlostsoul
lwang wrote:you mean the hoover who's bagless vacuum was basically a giant plastic container with a pleated paper filter in its airpath? or the one that took dyson's old old design whose's patent has long expired?

The Hoover bagless model which consumer reports rated #1 and a "Best Buy"... and this Dyson model #25... and not even rating a "recommended."

The same Hoover bagless model which was rated better on carpets and for tool airflow - yet also gets an "excellent" for emissions.

Yet, SOMEHOW, (new vacuum for new vacuum - retail price) costs $420 LESS!!!!!

Slick TV commercials don't make for a better vacuum... or any other over-hyped product for that matter.

~~~ Oooh, look how it swivels on a ball!!! That's gotta be worth several hundred dollars alone! BUY NOW!!!!~~~

waningestrogen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages waningestrogen

Y'all can argue all day long about whether it's worth the price and who got the better deal.

Here's my experience. About 2006 after much research and looking for deals on fatwallet, I bought a Hoover (bagless, cyclonic) Mach5 from Walmart for about $160. Great vacuum, really sucks, picked up so much pug hair I had to empty it three times each session. It's still running great, but I'm not. I'm 5ft-2in and 120 pounds and 6 years older. That Hoover sucker weighs 27 pounds and I can't wrestle it around and haul it up and down the stairs without getting a backache now. I figure it's cost me $25/year and done me good service.

I'm looking forward to getting this one that's more maneuverable and 10 pounds lighter. I daresay I might even start vacuuming the floors again.

headp

quality posts: 7 Private Messages headp

Darn it Woot! Just bought this new on Sunday with my 20% coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond. I would have liked a color choice. That pink ball is begging for some breast cancer research donations. So far we are impressed with it's performance. The air was cleaner afterwards and the house didn't smell like I had just vacuumed. Also like the design of the extended reach tools, very innovative. It's the Apple/Bose of Vacuums.

1/28/10 My first Random gristle. Yay!

tonyeye

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tonyeye

Dyson's marketing is better than their products.

I just saw a new hand dryer at the mall. The Dyson Airblade. My hands barely fit in it. Works well, but those turbo dryers are better. You don't have to put your hands IN it.

As for the vacuums, mine is at the curb today with the rest of the garbage. Looks nice out there though.

ptbarangcarianda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ptbarangcarianda

ITS VERY HEAVY. do dyson by any chance have the portable ones for cars?.. where is it made from anyways? anyone knows?

kemikos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kemikos
chaajoad wrote:James Dyson puts his name on it - that alone speaks volumes.

Call me when it's got Freeman Dyson's name on it...

HERBIETHEHIPPO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HERBIETHEHIPPO
lstoy wrote:Hello: The Consumers Report published a comparison of vacuum cleaners recently. I suggest you read it if you are interested in purchasing this brand.
Secondly, FYI: It's an old trick to vacuum with an old machine then vacuum with a new one. Yes, the new one picks up debris the old one missed. But, if you reverse the process, then the old machine will pick up dust and other odds and ends the new vacuum missed.
I'm glad to hear many people are satisfied considering the price they paid.

Consumer reports is horrible. My understanding is that due to a monkey shortage they now use cute little puppies to test their products. You can look it up....

cneg2002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cneg2002

It is a great vacuum except for the cheap plastic that it is made from. Already replaced a wheel from cracking off. Now the main handle broke after one year. Not worth the money in my opinion. Cheaply made.....but great suction. Stick with a cheap vacuum and replace it.

bainley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bainley

I bought one of these a year ago from Woot. It's best purchase I made from the site yet! I have a Black Lab and a Great Dane Mix with hardwood floors and it works like a champ.

Suannes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Suannes

I got a DC 14 from Woot and it sits in the closet. Dyson customer service sucks more than this vacuum does. It is so loud and the design is so poor. It totally doesn't work on bare floors. The plate on the bottom of the head is so low to the floor that it pushes the dirt away before it gets a chance to suck it up. What a waste.

tursiops2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tursiops2

Something is wrong with this spec:

Dust Particle G Forces:
500G in the outer cyclone
164 feet per second in the core separator
262 feet per second in the inner cyclone

whitcwa

quality posts: 12 Private Messages whitcwa

Sorry for the rambling, but I can't write a good paragraph.

Woot has these refurb Dyson vacs every month. There must be a lot of returns. I would think that any Wooter who wanted one would already have one.

It is sad how people get excited about how much dirt their vacuum picks up.

"Air Velocity of Root Cyclone:
65 feet per second in the outer cyclone
164 feet per second in the core separator
262 feet per second in the inner cyclone
Dust Particle G Forces:
500G in the outer cyclone"
Who cares?

I buy the cheap vacs and use them for about ten years before they need replacement.

I don't know whether Dyson makes good vacuums, but I don't like their hand driers- I end up touching the thing which is what it is supposed to prevent. Have you seen how many people "wash" their hands? The tubo driers are much better.

The Dyson fans are a joke. Literally, they are laughing at the suckers who buy them.

Mr. Dyson is the Ron Popeil of the 2000's. Now, I'm going to grab my Pocket Fisherman and snag some lip.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I love my fully tricked out 5 Star (sold door-to-door) with cyclonic action and 1930's style. $10 at Salvation Army Store.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

whitcwa

quality posts: 12 Private Messages whitcwa
RobinBobcat wrote:Judging from some of the comments, 'able to pick up husky fur' is the standard for how well a vacuum works.

They should make this a marketing point. Have a cute, fluffy husky puppy sprawled out on the couch lazily (but warily) watching as someone cleans up the carpet. Get one with heterochromia for optimal cute.

I notice they aren't selling well in Alaska.

3eyore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 3eyore

"Suction power – 220 airwatts (constant)"

Uhh... what in the name of Faraday, Ohm, Volta and Watt is an airwatt?????

Will we soon have such things as earthwatts, firewatts, and even... waterwatts????

But seriously, folks: 220 watts (REAL watts, that is) would be a ridiculously underpowered motor for a vacuum cleaner. That'd be something like 1/20 hp.

suzannel143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzannel143

Amazing vacuum! I have 4 dogs and it works beyond better than anyone I have EVER owned and that is everything from an Orek to Bissle!! It is worth EVERY .
dime!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne Long

lizzitish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzitish

If your wondering, the pet hair and home cleaning kits are available from dyson and from amazon http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Pet-Clean-Up-Accessory-Kit/dp/B0037Z9M54/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331038111&sr=8-2
They are sold separately on most models, and with this price easy to pick up!

katzland wrote:Hmmm... I was hoping this was one of the "animal" Dysons; the animals come with a "mini turbine" tool (like a mini roller) that's used to pick up animal hair on the steps, furnature, etc.

Has anyone bought one of the refurbished vacuums from here or another site? Has it held up after the six month warranty? Have you had any problems??

Lizzi Tish

germ1708

quality posts: 0 Private Messages germ1708

This doesn't sound like the right place for this but it seems like an active forum. I log in using my Google account and when I try to buy it it asks for my woot password. Naturally I type in my Google and it says its wrong... I guess I technically don't have loloot password but if they will allow you to log in using a third party shouldn't they integrate a little better or am I the only one with this problem lol :-)

cneg2002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cneg2002

This vacuum sucks. Cheap chinese plastic crap with a good motor. Save your money....trust me

junkite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages junkite

Once again, a $200-plus vacuum cleaner on woot? How many do we need?

lizzitish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzitish

They do have smaller hand helds. http://www.dyson.com/store/product.asp?product=DC34-IRSYE-US

They however made in malaysia according to Wiki

ptbarangcarianda wrote:ITS VERY HEAVY. do dyson by any chance have the portable ones for cars?.. where is it made from anyways? anyone knows?

Lizzi Tish

chyr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chyr

Based on the wonderful words of the Woot community I just bought a purple one. If it doesn't live up to my expectations, a shower of kitty hair will fall on everyone who praised it!

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet
whitcwa wrote:I notice they aren't selling well in Alaska.

Ummm that's because Woot doesn't ship to: Canada, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii, nor to Maggie's Nipples, Wyoming or Assinippi, Massachusetts at this time.

ryanaknight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ryanaknight

Will it pick up woman hair? This is the most daunting of all vacuum tests. I have no idea how my girlfriend doesn't have bald spots because her hair seems to grow into the carpet in inter weaved patches. No vacuum has ever been able to touch those.

Does anyone else's female (or male) counterpart have this issue? Has the Dyson been able to touch it?

chasby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chasby

I had one of the Hoover bagless with the pleated paper filter and big plastic bin. Bought it from Best Buy with extended protection. Good time cause it dies with 2 months. BB replaced it (but that ended the extended protection plan). The replacement worked OK for 5-6 years on carpet but I constantly was replacing belts onit. It also didn't work well on wooden or tile floors (at any height setting). Got the Dyson DC-41 last Christmas and the thing works great on all surfaces; rug to wood to tile to carpet with no manual adjusting. Much better and easier to use than the Hoover.

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53
azntzouie wrote:Vacuum expert's review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLNT-Y94Of4

Verdict: DO NOT BUY

Thanks for the link.. Looks like the Dyson is made by Matel or Fisher Price.. Too many cheap plastic parts that won't last.. Even the implementation of the ball is half azzed and seems worthless.. Dyson is a marketing company that takes wiz-bang designs, executes them poorly with cheap parts, but they look interesting.. NO THANKS..

hignight17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hignight17
ryanaknight wrote:Will it pick up woman hair? This is the most daunting of all vacuum tests. I have no idea how my girlfriend doesn't have bald spots because her hair seems to grow into the carpet in inter weaved patches. No vacuum has ever been able to touch those.

Does anyone else's female (or male) counterpart have this issue? Has the Dyson been able to touch it?

THIS is what I want to know. My wife and dog have conspired to choke our current vac and our roomba with their sheddings...

carriegirl79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carriegirl79

I bought a Dyson when they first came out and swore I'd never buy one again. It worked great at first but within three years the plastic hose cracked. I called customer service since it supposedly had a lifetime warranty and they wanted $80 to send me a new one! I give their customer service 1 star.

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo
ErinJade wrote:I bought mine from here on 10/18/10. Still working just fine. I've cleaned the filters two or three times and it keeps chugging along. I've had no problems with it.

I bought a refurb DC07 in 2005 from Big Lots. I had to have it serviced for about $100 last year for the first time. It needs service again because one of the clips on the hepa filter cover broke and it is losing suction there, even though I taped it down. I paid $230 for it when I bought it, and it has been better and lasted longer than any other vacuum I have ever owned. You need to read the manual and follow the instructions in order to keep it in good working order, but Dysons are worth the cost. I think as they age, the plastic may weaken, or I just beat them up, because the only problems I have had have been with small delicate plastic parts cracking, and that was only after 5 years.

I just bought a purple ball to replace my teal and purple DC07, which will be retiring.

stacysweetsmile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacysweetsmile

[quote postid="4895834" user="RobinBobcat"]Judging from some of the comments, 'able to pick up husky fur' is the standard for how well a vacuum works.

I absolutely agree!!! No point in buying a vacuum if we can't clean up after our sweet fuzzy huskies, malamutes, and other giant and FURRY beasts Well said, RobinBobcat!

jderreks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jderreks
ryanaknight wrote:Will it pick up woman hair? This is the most daunting of all vacuum tests. I have no idea how my girlfriend doesn't have bald spots because her hair seems to grow into the carpet in inter weaved patches. No vacuum has ever been able to touch those.

My girlfirend and the 2 cats provided the right challenge to my DC25 (animal) and I wish I would have bought one sooner than I did... it's the best vacuum I've ever used (and I'm a former Innkeeper in Maine... I've done a lot of vacuuming!).

catediede

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catediede

I have a Dyson I bought new over five years ago, and still love it. I had Hoovers for years - and went through about one year with kids and dogs and cats. Do the math - $100 Hoover a year for five years = more than I paid for my Dyson that is still running beautifully.

From my experience, I will never buy anything but a Dyson again.

Though the refurb makes me nervous....