KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

It is on amazon, I know. Don't recall price. The older stuff is all free with prime. Dr Who episodes as well.

The US season is very different. Darker. Good, just...gritty.



Sorry for the crappy quote - but woot won't let me do it the other way.

We have AmazonMom (the year one, not the new three month one), so when that runs out in another month we'll probably get prime. I already noticed the entire Doctor Who catalog on there. I'll have to look for the Torchwood. Is it subtitled by chance? Orc is profoundly deaf, so that's a must to watch any TV.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:Does that mean you did not get any of the money in Hagerstown? Maybe too far a drive!

We all think of you kindly - even, I suspect your nemisis whom you constantly pick on!!!!

What am I doing incorrectly that when I reply to a message, only my words come up. Everybody else seems to be able to have a copy of the post to which they are referring.
I am tupid.



We decided years ago that we are the cousins who go on vacation with the family as kids and kick the back of the other guys seat the entire way.




WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I'm the only one who noticed we were gone?
I'm the only one who came back?

Guess I'll read the end of the book.

So remember, if I have bad dreams tonight, IT IS YOUR FAULT!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:I'm the only one who noticed we were gone?
I'm the only one who came back?

Guess I'll read the end of the book.

So remember, if I have bad dreams tonight, IT IS YOUR FAULT!!!



I was booted every time I tried to post anywhere, so I went web wandering for a bit. Now it's dinner time or something, everyone else has food anyway.

My internet has been pretty bad this afternoon (and access to stuff is bad because of the flooding) so I may not be online much later, unless things get better.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Kennel cough?



Turns out it is, least that's what the vet says. He was given a shot for that before we boarded him, but whatever..

See woot is unbroken again, I got sick of seeing the "We're broken" thing.

In the end only kindness matters

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
KtCallista wrote:Sorry for the crappy quote - but woot won't let me do it the other way.

We have AmazonMom (the year one, not the new three month one), so when that runs out in another month we'll probably get prime. I already noticed the entire Doctor Who catalog on there. I'll have to look for the Torchwood. Is it subtitled by chance? Orc is profoundly deaf, so that's a must to watch any TV.



Not sure, I will look tomorrow. I have watched several on my fire, but don't want poke around settings on it,

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

People!

Takes forever to post.

No Poof.
Watching Castle

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

WooHoo!
Spammer!
Only two post, but I got to delete something!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:WooHoo!
Spammer!
Only two post, but I got to delete something!!!



STOP BALEETIN MAH POSTS

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.
Back to work for me.

In the end only kindness matters

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning. Wind isn't howling, but dang is it chilly!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

GM from the commuter rail, yenz!

move along

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all.

Since I haven't been here in a few days, good luck to no1 in the official woot bracket. He's in 4th place!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:morning all.

Since I haven't been here in a few days, good luck to no1 in the official woot bracket. He's in 4th place!



//smack

Morning all. Trying to get back on my regular routine now that son is back at school.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.





Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
ThunderThighs wrote://smack

Morning all. Trying to get back on my regular routine now that son is back at school.



//smack back

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.



morning gman.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
cruzer wrote:morning gman.



Hiya, cruzer.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Hubby and I just completed our first slow jog since mid January. We did a mile. Hubby of course could have gone 2!

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Not sure who to report this to, but I'm getting repeated warnings for one of the ads here, saying that it is in the DB for being a known phishing url. Let me know if there are details I can provide to help, but this is new today, so...

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Good morning wooters!


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:Not sure who to report this to, but I'm getting repeated warnings for one of the ads here, saying that it is in the DB for being a known phishing url. Let me know if there are details I can provide to help, but this is new today, so...



Feel free to throw me the relevant details (including browser, etc) in PM, since I'm awake now. I can forward that on to a dev and have them prod around.

Good morning everyone!

I'm just hanging out, really.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
dontwantaname wrote:We decided years ago that we are the cousins who go on vacation with the family as kids and kick the back of the other guys seat the entire way.



Fond memories of the exact same thing!!

----------

Morning all

Ice - did the dog have kennel cough? Did not find a post with diagnosis.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
inkycatz wrote:Feel free to throw me the relevant details (including browser, etc) in PM, since I'm awake now. I can forward that on to a dev and have them prod around.

Good morning everyone!



PM sent, thanks.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Son always seems to make an impression on the first day of class. Note I didn't say good impression. Sigh.

Son: Apparently when teachers ask for you to write your preferred name it needs to be less than 15 letters and at least 1 vowel
Me: What did you do?
Son: hsdfgplkzzzp isn't a nickname he was willing to call
Me: How about Dork?
Son: He preferred Smartass



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:Fond memories of the exact same thing!!

----------

Morning all

Ice - did the dog have kennel cough? Did not find a post with diagnosis.



We never met, but my real cousin turned into a total jerk, so I replaced him with Gman.




WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Anorion


quality posts: 35 Private Messages Anorion

Is it just me, or does the wind in North Texas today smell particularly bad? It's like everybody south of us ate bad Taco Bell this morning...

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:We never met, but my real cousin turned into a total jerk, so I replaced him with Gman.



Because I'm only part jerk.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Anorion wrote:Is it just me, or does the wind in North Texas today smell particularly bad? It's like everybody south of us ate bad Taco Bell this morning...


Sorry, I just did my walk and haven't showered yet. I'll hop in now. That should help things.


UPDATE: Ok, things should start improving now.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

LOL, this reminds me of when we use to take the kids to a Japanese restaurant when they were little.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/comics/babyblues.html

The waiter came over and looked at son, who was younger than a year at the time.
He said, "It looks like the rice is eating him!"


Cool restaurant, sat in booths on the floor.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Anorion wrote:Is it just me, or does the wind in North Texas today smell particularly bad? It's like everybody south of us ate bad Taco Bell this morning...



Welcome!

All I know is up in NY, I was wearing flip flops and a tee shirt last week and I now have on wool socks, shoes and a winter coat and a sweater.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Because I'm only part jerk.



No, you are a grumpy grouch, which is better than a jerk.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mom day.

Hubby stayed home to do taxes.

Rusty can stay out of the crate.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Anorion wrote:Certified Linux Chemist Guy. Doesn't always wear pants.
Now with 1000% more OSX hatred.

Is there an easy way to use the newest Ubuntu distro without having the stupid OSX style and "menus" that make no sense at all? Or should I switch to SUSE or something?

Still single, can't imagine why.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Mom day.

Hubby stayed home to do taxes.

Rusty can stay out of the crate.



But can hubby?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
AZGman wrote:But can hubby?

Heh.

Still single, can't imagine why.

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
FenStar wrote:Is there an easy way to use the newest Ubuntu distro without having the stupid OSX style and "menus" that make no sense at all? Or should I switch to SUSE or something?



Assuming you mean Oneric not Precise,

install 'gnome-session-fallback' then log out,

on the login screen, click the cog thing for options next to your name and choose Gnome Classic.

if you're going to switch, switch to Mint, unless you have no time invested in deb based package management.


edit: you can change themes, not 100% sure about getting menus in the application window rather than the top of the screen.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Spelling Challenge by Oxford Dictionary

Be sure to choose US English.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dontwantaname wrote:No, you are a grumpy grouch, which is better than a jerk.



I think there are good things to be said for a healthy dose of grumpiness.

(I might be biased, since I'm wearing my "Grumpy" sweater today. No really, in a former life it came from a Disneyland Resort and has "grumpy" spelled out on the front.)

I'm just hanging out, really.