pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Night all.

Night, D'name.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Took the kids to a free theater event. Ver1 & Ver2 did some improv. Ver1's theater teacher was there with 2 of her daughters so that was fun. Ver3 played with the juggling equipment and ran to his heart's content.

We are taking the kids to the funeral, just deciding when to leave, Step-sister-in-law has housing and babysitting for us (and Orc's brother, but they are leaving their kids with grandparents - my parents are down with the flu right now and they can't watch Ver3 for more than an hour or two, definitely not overnight, so all the kids go with us). Kids are handling it ok. Ver1 is the most impacted, but she's putting on the brave game face. 2 days in the car is a big challenge. The funeral is Monday, so we'll be gone most likely a week.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Took the kids to a free theater event. Ver1 & Ver2 did some improv. Ver1's theater teacher was there with 2 of her daughters so that was fun. Ver3 played with the juggling equipment and ran to his heart's content.

We are taking the kids to the funeral, just deciding when to leave, Step-sister-in-law has housing and babysitting for us (and Orc's brother, but they are leaving their kids with grandparents - my parents are down with the flu right now and they can't watch Ver3 for more than an hour or two, definitely not overnight, so all the kids go with us). Kids are handling it ok. Ver1 is the most impacted, but she's putting on the brave game face. 2 days in the car is a big challenge. The funeral is Monday, so we'll be gone most likely a week.

Wish you luck on the drive. Be careful.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
inkycatz wrote:That's a bit creepy. Perhaps they are in cahoots with the post office? Did you fill out a change of address form with the post office?

No, I never did that! The only thing I can think is when I changed the registration on my car, but they always act like those are two different agencies.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

pooflady wrote:I have no idea how I got most of mine. I do know that my first one was because I told people that Santa came more than once a year.

I'm most proud of this one (scroll up just a bit to see the text used when making it quality), which wasn't even on a product but a blog post.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:Took the kids to a free theater event. Ver1 & Ver2 did some improv. Ver1's theater teacher was there with 2 of her daughters so that was fun. Ver3 played with the juggling equipment and ran to his heart's content.

Have a safe drive. We'll be thinking about you.

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

jqubed

pooflady wrote:Night all. Tomorrow.

Same here. I'll leave with this fascinating report on Slavery's Last Stronghold from CNN.

Skye — 1997-2007

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Before dname asks, I'll be bringing my laptop, but from Orc's last trip, the likelihood of having wifi is remote. So you may or may not be there with us.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Safe trip, Ktc.

I'm doomed. The cat has resumed his hunting. He was ALWAYS bringing dead varmints into the the ex's house. We're talking 2-3 a day in many cases. He just brought me a dead mouse to the front door. I stared him down with a no. He dropped it. Watched me bag it and ran off to hunt more, I think.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T HAVE A CAT DOOR!!!!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

Safe travels KtC

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

Iceback wrote:
Where has Kid been? I haven't seen her post in a while.

While she's usually very busy at work, I suspect that she is also still dealing with family (i.e. sis and niece) issues.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.

Morning Az, Ice.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning all.

TT: he only does that because he likes you and thinks you are an inadequate hunter. He doesn't want you to starve!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Morning all.

TT: he only does that because he likes you and thinks you are an inadequate hunter. He doesn't want you to starve!

I'm just gonna say that he shouldn't try to talk with his mouth full. (He did.)

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm just gonna say that he shouldn't try to talk with his mouth full. (He did.)

You're just lucky it was a dead mouse. Our cat used to bring in various furry creatures that weren't and we had to chase them down.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Hubby and I jogged a mile, biscuits are in the oven. It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

edit:

Safe travels KtC and Orc.

Our outside/inside cats have gifted us with various live and dead creatures over the years. I tend to revert to the stereotypical female, standing on a chair, screaming.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:You're just lucky it was a dead mouse. Our cat used to bring in various furry creatures that weren't and we had to chase them down.

The first cat I had was a long-haired calico named Star. My sister had her sister, a short-haired calico named Diamond. At one point, they both had litters at the same time.

When the kittens were about 6 weeks old, Star and Diamond decided to teach them to hunt. I came around a corner to find 10-12 kittens, hair raised, tails on point, with a VERY angry squirrel cornered. Squirrel would try to jump away and Star or Diamond would smack it back to the corner.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

one of our cats brings lots of dead voles. we apparently don't have that many mice around- i think they're all in the house. sigh.

Occasionally we're surprised by a dead squirrel or a dead bunny.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Hubby and I jogged a mile, biscuits are in the oven. It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Beautiful and productive, apparently!

Good morning everyone from rainy Seattle. The Seattle Times clock said 48 degrees, but I think it's stuck on optimism and lies. (Did not feel anywhere near that.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn

inkycatz wrote:Beautiful and productive, apparently!

Good morning everyone from rainy Seattle. The Seattle Times clock said 48 degrees, but I think it's stuck on optimism and lies. (Did not feel anywhere near that.)

Night before last, it got down to the 20's here. Last night was lower 40's. Killed the flowers on the shrubs in front of the house. :/ Here at work, it was 36 when I came in, and my phone says it is 38 now. Brrr.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

D'name PM

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:D'name PM

Pictures?!?!?!????!!!!!

edit: PICTURES!!!!!

Awwww, so cute!
Is that what you do with all those frilly outfits? You just put them on and take pictures!

Naping with little a baby is the best!

I need a rent/a/baby.
My last baby friends are in college. Which makes sense since they were the younger siblings of my kids friends.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Night before last, it got down to the 20's here. Last night was lower 40's. Killed the flowers on the shrubs in front of the house. :/ Here at work, it was 36 when I came in, and my phone says it is 38 now. Brrr.

We went down to the 20's this week, but it didn't kill anything. I'm surprised. I guess because it was only a few hours. I thought since everything is blooming early, it would be bad.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:Same here. I'll leave with this fascinating report on Slavery's Last Stronghold from CNN.

We need to regroup as a civilization and start an organization to deal with stuff like that.
That is what the United Nations should be doing.
Rusty's best friend's dad works for the U.N. Some day I will ask him what they do now.
But he works for unicef and has nothing to do with the rest.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:We need to regroup as a civilization and start an organization to deal with stuff like that.
That is what the United Nations should be doing.

doesn't that violate the prime directive?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:doesn't that violate the prime directive?

Wouldn't slaves in the Star Trek universe be green?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Wouldn't slaves in the Star Trek universe be green?

only the ones from orion.

what, do you think anyone actually wanted to be a redshirt?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:only the ones from orion.

what, do you think anyone actually wanted to be a redshirt?

They picked that career.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:They picked that career.

that's the story they tell to little kids.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:that's the story they tell to little kids.

If you're bad you will grow up to be a red shirt!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
no1 wrote:only the ones from orion.

I think the slave part was just good marketing, but it has been a while so I may be mistaken.

Still single, can't imagine why.

no1

FenStar wrote:I think the slave part was just good marketing, but it has been a while so I may be mistaken.

i never realized you were an orion slave girl!

AZGman

Hello.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hi everyone. Late (obviously) signing in today. Beautiful day here - best winter in years. Last year, it was so cold, the Tiki Bar at the beach never opened. Paper says very few storms this year - hope they are correct.

pooflady

Hello all. Swamped with work and the computer's all wonky. My puter guru's coming Sunday evening. Hate to tell him, I think it's going to take longer than an evening. Tried to run a full scan with McAfee and it just freezes at 68%, but shows no problems.

no1

pooflady wrote:Hello all. Swamped with work and the computer's all wonky. My puter guru's coming Sunday evening. Hate to tell him, I think it's going to take longer than an evening. Tried to run a full scan with McAfee and it just freezes at 68%, but shows no problems.

hope you have everything (data like pictures, word documents, etc) backed up somewhere. i think an evening to reinstall from system recovery is reasonable (assuming your computer has something like that).

AZGman

klozitshoper wrote:Hi everyone. Late (obviously) signing in today. Beautiful day here - best winter in years. Last year, it was so cold, the Tiki Bar at the beach never opened. Paper says very few storms this year - hope they are correct.

Can't be without adult beverages with little umbrellas in them, for whinin' out loud!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:You're just lucky it was a dead mouse. Our cat used to bring in various furry creatures that weren't and we had to chase them down.

With previous cats, we had dog/cat doors. We often came home to tail-less lizard on the drapes, mice, moles blindly running around, and other varmints.

The most epic moment was finding a huge rat on my kitchen counter trying to open the covered dish I'd left out to cool. Insert scream. Thank goodness for boyfriend.

Then there was the neighborhood cat that decided to check out the house. Chased him out with a broom.

Another time, I was doing the dishes and Fred & Ethel came in all happy and tail wagging. Talked to them and asked them what they were excited about. They had happy little faces but something wasn't quite right....

Called in David (ex just doesn't sound right now) and asked him to figure out what was wrong. He just looked at me blankly. I told him to count the noses. Yep, we had an extra dog. Alfie from next door had dug under the fence and come for a visit.

Next house, no dog/cat doors. None since.

FORUM MODERATOR