AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Different keyboard. Actually, not the laptop keyboard. My computer dude took my PC and monitor, but hooked up my mouse and a different keyboard to the laptop.

Handy since you're not moving it around. I don't like typing on laptop keyboards.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:Different keyboard. Actually, not the laptop keyboard. My computer dude took my PC and monitor, but hooked up my mouse and a different keyboard to the laptop.

So basically you have a smaller desk top now

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I was hoping for thinner.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Iceback wrote:So basically you have a smaller desk top now

Wellllllll. It turns on and off differently.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Wellllllll. It turns on and off differently.

What make did you end up getting?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:What make did you end up getting?

The HP that Woot had up a couple weeks ago. New, not a refurb, and most of the comments didn't say it was a POS. Checked Amazon and most of the reviews were positive. No bells and whistles. Wouldn't be good for gaming. 449.

17 " screen, so it's heavy, but I don't plan on carrying it around. It's mainly for backup. (Except to Starbucks so I'll look cool.)

AZGman

pooflady wrote:The HP that Woot had up a couple weeks ago. New, not a refurb, and most of the comments didn't say it was a POS. Checked Amazon and most of the reviews were positive. No bells and whistles. Wouldn't be good for gaming. 449.

17 " screen, so it's heavy, but I don't plan on carrying it around. It's mainly for backup. (Except to Starbucks so I'll look cool.)

Sounds very practical even though Starbucks is becoming passe!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Sounds very practical even though Starbucks is becoming passe!

That's me, never on the cutting edge.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:That's me, never on the cutting edge.

Heh; I'm firmly on the trailing edge!

Iceback

pooflady wrote:The HP that Woot had up a couple weeks ago. New, not a refurb, and most of the comments didn't say it was a POS. Checked Amazon and most of the reviews were positive. No bells and whistles. Wouldn't be good for gaming. 449.

You'll enjoy it. Especially when you travel

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening folks. How ya doing? Ended up getting to sleep later so woke up later. Didn't see much daylight today.

Edit: Congrats on the new laptop Poof! Now you can take us with you on trips!

Edit x2: You know, if I delete your spam, what makes you think that I won't delete it when you post with a new account just a few minutes later?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:Evening folks. How ya doing? Ended up getting to sleep later so woke up later. Didn't see much daylight today.

Edit x2: You know, if I delete your spam, what makes you think that I won't delete it when you post with a new account just a few minutes later?

Who's spamming and where?

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs wrote:Evening folks. How ya doing? Ended up getting to sleep later so woke up later. Didn't see much daylight today.

We've got this group that continually spams about how their brother's friend's roommate's aunt makes tons of money from home. Hate them. I've got the website in the filter so it's funny to see them start posting, then stop as they notice, then go hunt hunt up short URLs to avoid it. I'll probably be chasing this one for a while yet.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:We've got this group that continually spams about how their brother's friend's roommate's aunt makes tons of money from home. Hate them. I've got the website in the filter so it's funny to see them start posting, then stop as they notice, then go hunt hunt up short URLs to avoid it. I'll probably be chasing this one for a while yet.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing a couple of those a while back.

jerks.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Oh yeah, I remember seeing a couple of those a while back.

jerks.

Agreed. I chased one person down for over an hour one early morning. I was deleting/probating and s/he kept creating accounts.

How you doing? You're up late. I don't get to talk at you much any more.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:Agreed. I chased one person down for over an hour one early morning. I was deleting/probating and s/he kept creating accounts.

How you doing? You're up late. I don't get to talk at you much any more.

I am in bed; dozed for awhile, but guess I wasn't ready for real sleep. Will be soon, though.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I am in bed; dozed for awhile, but guess I wasn't ready for real sleep. Will be soon, though.

Ah. Well, glad to talk to you for a bit before you doze anyway.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Alas and alack, not a millionaire.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Alas and alack, not a millionaire.

So sorry. I was looking forward to your gift, too.

FORUM MODERATOR

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
ThunderThighs wrote:We've got this group that continually spams about how their brother's friend's roommate's aunt makes tons of money from home. Hate them. I've got the website in the filter so it's funny to see them start posting, then stop as they notice, then go hunt hunt up short URLs to avoid it. I'll probably be chasing this one for a while yet.

Couldn't you have woot check all the links, and if it redirects to the site then you block it?

Still single, can't imagine why.

ThunderThighs

Staff

FenStar wrote:Couldn't you have woot check all the links, and if it redirects to the site then you block it?

Probably but there's development time involved in that. Plus slowing down the site to check every link.

FORUM MODERATOR

FenStar

ThunderThighs wrote:Probably but there's development time involved in that. Plus slowing down the site to check every link.

I'm fairly certain that that would not slow the site down any. I wouldn't think it would take much development time, nor would I be surprised if there was a plugin that would do it for you.

FenStar

AZGman wrote:Heh; I'm firmly on the trailing edge!

Turns out, a well weathered trail is a lot easier to traverse, and less likely to intersect a rattlesnake.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

Good morning all.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning. Raining and cool...but forecast no longer includes snow.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

FenStar

Why must dogs get up so early in the morning?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
AZGman wrote:Sounds very practical even though Starbucks is becoming passe!

where poof lives? cutting edge!

mornin' y'all

FenStar

Josephus wrote:where poof lives? cutting edge!

mornin' y'all

Blahr, why am I not still asleep, is anything even open at this hour?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Gonna head out to PetSmart & Three Dog Bakery to stock up on critter food in a bit.

Then bedtime.

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
FenStar wrote:Blahr, why am I not still asleep, is anything even open at this hour?

Starbucks.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
FenStar wrote:Why must dogs get up so early in the morning?

Because you have them in a routine. They must follow it.

FenStar

cruzer wrote:Because you have them in a routine. They must follow it.

Well, I don't have them in a routine, as I'm only home on weekends.

AZGman

Mornin'. Painter coming by for an estimate; carpet folks this afternoon for spot treatment prior to whole floor. Carpenter to call for estimate appt.

Let the spending begin.

pooflady

Josephus wrote:where poof lives? cutting edge!

mornin' y'all

LOL - you're right.

Good morning everybody.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Mornin'. Painter coming by for an estimate; carpet folks this afternoon for spot treatment prior to whole floor. Carpenter to call for estimate appt.

Let the spending begin.

Carpenter?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Mornin'. Painter coming by for an estimate; carpet folks this afternoon for spot treatment prior to whole floor. Carpenter to call for estimate appt.

Let the spending begin.

What are you doing?
Did you clear it with us?

I don't think so!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:What are you doing?
Did you clear it with us?

I don't think so!

Selling the house; unless you're buyin', we don't need clearance.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Carpenter?

water damage from roof leak.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Morning all. Another beautiful day.