jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
ThunderThighs wrote:Just wait until you are older.

No thanks!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

painter's gone for the day; carpet cleaner's are done. Still may have to replace a couple areas.

//heavy sigh.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR The old people are after me!!!

Nice lady across the street banged on my window with a cane. (cane, when did she start using a cane??)
She was all upset. She was trying to order meat from Omaha (she gets lots of stuff from them)
She thought she needed to use her AARP card and was wondering why it wasn't working.

So Rusty and I went over, Went through all her cards and found a visa.
So I called and ordered.

Her phone is on the fritz too.

Her son, who lives next door to her doesn't seem to care that he has his elderly (7 years younger than my mom, but we age differently) mom living in a house with no TV and a phone that barely works.

The daughter visited for a week not so long ago and she did nothing about the phone either.

This is a rotary, not even push button. No way in hell can you get her a cell. She would never figure it out.

//sigh

Tomorrow, my mom.

If you're going to help her on that, make sure she's not still paying a rental fee for the phone; I saw a story a year or two ago where a TV station found the phone company was still charging rent to some elderly people who hadn't changed their phone plans in decades.

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jqubed wrote:If you're going to help her on that, make sure she's not still paying a rental fee for the phone; I saw a story a year or two ago where a TV station found the phone company was still charging rent to some elderly people who hadn't changed their phone plans in decades.

prolly dname will tear the landline from the wall then leave her w/o any phone at all.

jqubed

pblgov wrote:sigh
the other choices aren't much better...
there are bubbas here so i can't use a picture of the kids

you still zwok?

I think I tried it a year or so ago, but I had forgot my old techniques. I just haven't changed the sign in a long time either.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

AZGman wrote:painter's gone for the day; carpet cleaner's are done. Still may have to replace a couple areas.

//heavy sigh.

Carpet's surprisingly expensive. Well, everything is surprisingly expensive.

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

AZGman wrote:painter's gone for the day; carpet cleaner's are done. Still may have to replace a couple areas.

//heavy sigh.

dunno what to say - or even if we could say anything to make you feel better.

jqubed

no1 wrote:prolly dname will tear the landline from the wall then leave her w/o any phone at all.

I can't see how she'd do that, but it's making me laugh.

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

jqubed wrote:Carpet's surprisingly expensive. Well, everything is surprisingly expensive.

tomorrow comes for most, regardless of ability to pay.

no1

jqubed wrote:I can't see how she'd do that, but it's making me laugh.

"this phone does not work rite, we will fix it, starting by taking the old one out"

six months later

"i still can't find a replacement good enough for you."

jqubed

We had some rather exciting happenings today at work with nationally recognizable figures, but by far the most exciting thing to me was meeting a local broadcasting icon who retired when I was 11. Most of the other on-air talent I know reasonably well (in fact it was a current anchor who introduced me to him and told him what I do) and they're pretty much just like any other co-worker (except I brag about them when meeting new people outside of work), but meeting him was huge for me. He was surprised I knew who he was, but seemed pleased that I still remembered him and was so excited to see him.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

no1 wrote:"this phone does not work rite, we will fix it, starting by taking the old one out"

six months later

"i still can't find a replacement good enough for you."

I still have a hard time believing she couldn't use a basic touch-tone phone. It doesn't even have to be cordless!

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

jqubed wrote:I still have a hard time believing she couldn't use a basic touch-tone phone. It doesn't even have to be cordless!

i bet the son is afraid she'd be calling him up all the time. "could you fix me some sweet tea, please?"

no1

jqubed wrote:We had some rather exciting happenings today at work with nationally recognizable figures, but by far the most exciting thing to me was meeting a local broadcasting icon who retired when I was 11. Most of the other on-air talent I know reasonably well (in fact it was a current anchor who introduced me to him and told him what I do) and they're pretty much just like any other co-worker (except I brag about them when meeting new people outside of work), but meeting him was huge for me. He was surprised I knew who he was, but seemed pleased that I still remembered him and was so excited to see him.

i bet it made his day!

no1

no1 wrote:i bet the son is afraid she'd be calling him up all the time. "could you fix me some sweet tea, please?"

no1 wrote:i bet it made his day!

i bet i have a gambling problem!

jqubed

no1 wrote:i bet it made his day!

I don't know about that; it was a big luncheon and we gave him a standing ovation when he made a surprise appearance, but I hope it might at least be something he mentions to his family as a highlight of the day!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

Ok folks, I'm going to watch a little TV and head to bed; catch ya later!

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

g'night, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:Why is the old taser post on the Hello Springtime of ebw?
EDIT: Jesus, it has been almost 7 years sense I joined already? I would have been like, whatever age I am now, minus 7. so, like 16 or something? Anyone remember how old I am? Or actually, 2005-88 = 12+5= 17. Does that mean I am 24 then? This is madness!

I was thinking that the other day.
I've known so many of you since you were in high school or college.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:I was thinking that the other day.
I've known so many of you since you were in high school or college.

er ... or prison. (cough)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:We had some rather exciting happenings today at work with nationally recognizable figures, but by far the most exciting thing to me was meeting a local broadcasting icon who retired when I was 11. Most of the other on-air talent I know reasonably well (in fact it was a current anchor who introduced me to him and told him what I do) and they're pretty much just like any other co-worker (except I brag about them when meeting new people outside of work), but meeting him was huge for me. He was surprised I knew who he was, but seemed pleased that I still remembered him and was so excited to see him.

I think Daughter got her internship at ABC because the college station used their news feeds and she asked about some of the reporters. She was all excited to meet them.
She maybe the first and only person excited to meet a radio reporter!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:er ... or prison. (cough)

7 years mr1.

I have known you in one form or another for 7 years.

If I was going to bubba you, I would have by now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:7 years mr1.

I have known you in one form or another for 7 years.

If I was going to bubba you, I would have by now.

they always say that b4 they stick a homemade shiv between your ribs.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:I have known you in one form or another for 7 years.

remember when we were shapeless beings of pure energy? those were the days...

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Uh-oh. Computer dude asked me tonight if I by any chance had an extended warranty on my PC. Doesn't sound good. He said it's locked up twice on him to the point it had to be unplugged. I don't think I have an extended warranty. Afraid to check.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

no1

pooflady wrote:Uh-oh. Computer dude asked me tonight if I by any chance had an extended warranty on my PC. Doesn't sound good. He said it's locked up twice on him to the point it had to be unplugged. I don't think I have an extended warranty. Afraid to check.

how old, how much memory, how big a hard drive, what version of windows? (you don't have to know the answer yourself, just ask dude if anything seems inadequate.) if all of those are ok, has he tried either using the recovery disk or reformatting the drive and reinstalling windows (in other words, restoring the hard drive to factory like-new condition)? sometimes windows just gets screwed up and you have to go back to square one.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Uh-oh. Computer dude asked me tonight if I by any chance had an extended warranty on my PC. Doesn't sound good. He said it's locked up twice on him to the point it had to be unplugged. I don't think I have an extended warranty. Afraid to check.

The new one?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

no1 wrote:how old, how much memory, how big a hard drive, what version of windows? (you don't have to know the answer yourself, just ask dude if anything seems inadequate.) if all of those are ok, has he tried either using the recovery disk or reformatting the drive and reinstalling windows (in other words, restoring the hard drive to factory like-new condition)? sometimes windows just gets screwed up and you have to go back to square one.

Well, crap, can't find PC receipt. I'll find it sooner or later. Dude works for Pomeroy, so I'd assume he knows what he's doing. He looked at the space I was using while he was here and it probably wasn't even an eighth of the circle.

Bought 12/11.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Well, crap, can't find PC receipt. I'll find it sooner or later. Dude works for Pomeroy, so I'd assume he knows what he's doing. He looked at the space I was using while he was here and it probably wasn't even an eighth of the circle.

Bought 12/11.

Woot? It's in My Account. Click on that item in your list and you'll see a link to print the receipt. Once it's on screen, print that page from your browser.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
jqubed wrote: but by far the most exciting thing to me was meeting a local broadcasting icon who retired when I was 11.

Mr. Knozit?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Woot? It's in My Account. Click on that item in your list and you'll see a link to print the receipt. Once it's on screen, print that page from your browser.

Not Woot.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Not Woot.

If you bought it online, you can probably get a receipt from that site.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

I've lost my tool bar. How do I get it back?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I've lost my tool bar. How do I get it back?

View menu?

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:View menu?

View is gone. That's the bar I'm talking about. View, edit, tools....

no1

pooflady wrote:View is gone. That's the bar I'm talking about. View, edit, tools....

ie or ff? try right-clicking on the empty area just below the title bar in the browser window, make sure "menu bar" is checked.

pooflady

no1 wrote:ie or ff? try right-clicking on the gray area just below the title bar in the browser window, make sure "menu bar" is checked.

Thanks. Daj just helped me on FB. IE9.

Edit. Wait. Title bar? I'm just trying to straighten out tool bar and task bar. What's the title bar?

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

Good Morning Gman
Good Morning Czar
Good Morning Gatzby
Good Morning Cruzer
Good Morning GEG
Good Morning PBL
Good Morning Suarez
Good Morning mwiseman
Good Morning Josephus
Good Morning STLW
Good Morning KT
Good Morning Don't
Good Morning Lynn
Good Morning Mavyn
Good Morning klozitshoper
Good Morning no1
Good Morning Ice
Good Morning Ace
Good Morning Poof
Good Morning Callista
Good Morning Orc
Good Morning kdcrosby
Good Morning jqubed
Good Morning Zea3
Good Morning gwp
Good Morning Turken
Good Morning dougall
Good Morning j5
Good Morning inkycatz
Good Morning Fen
Good Morning SnifferSir
Good Morning joyner
Good Morning ThunderThighs
Good Morning lplady
Good Morning holmes dog
Good Morning tennbeekeeper
Good Morning baby bee
Good Morning Ken
Good Morning Aras
Good Morning to everyone else

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning. Two nights of barely any sleep. Icky.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.