ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:The young lady that cuts my hair for $20 does a great job. I am pretty picky about who does my hair. I have had only about 5 people that can do it right in my life so when I find one I tend to stick with them. Unfortunately her husband finishes Grad School this year so he'll have to move to get work.

Up until about 6-7 years ago, I was using the guy that has done my hair since I was in high school. He's on the other side of Fort Worth though and it's a 40 minute trip each way. I found this lady when looking for someone close to do son's hair. He's very blonde so you have to have someone that knows how to blend the ends well. She did great with his hair and his inability to sit for long. Now she does mine too.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Everyone cross your fingers for me weatherwise Sunday. Right now they're saying mostly sunny, high of 67. That's almost perfect. Won't need the heat, won't need the AC. The Easter egg hunts can be outside with no problem.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I just noticed that the "w's" and "v's" on my laptop are quite a bit lighter than any of the other letters. Wonder why.

Does it show up when you're reading it?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I just noticed that the "w's" and "v's" on my laptop are quite a bit lighter than any of the other letters. Wonder why.

Does it show up when you're reading it?

Something do do with your display and/or the font you're using on your browser. I think it's like that on mine too.

They're fine when I see them.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Everyone cross your fingers for me weatherwise Sunday. Right now they're saying mostly sunny, high of 67. That's almost perfect. Won't need the heat, won't need the AC. The Easter egg hunts can be outside with no problem.



Who is looking for eggs? How old is the youngest?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Who is looking for eggs? How old is the youngest?



15 months through 17 for the kids. Those are the plastic eggs with money in them, a couple have $5. Then the kids hide the little chocolate eggs with numbers taped to them for the adults. The numbers correspond to basically dollar store items.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:15 months through 17 for the kids. Those are the plastic eggs with money in them, a couple have $5. Then the kids hide the little chocolate eggs with numbers taped to them for the adults. The numbers correspond to basically dollar store items.



15 months?
When did that happen?

Yeah I know, 15 months ago.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:15 months?
When did that happen?

Yeah I know, 15 months ago.



That's a great niece, not a grandchild.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

All this cleaning tired me out.

Night all. Tomorrow.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

G'night

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:True.
It didn't upset me.

I didn't mean nuttin by it!

Still single, can't imagine why.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

I just read in the local paper we did have a tornado touch down in our city. Fortunately it was in a sparsely populated area on the opposite end from where I live and there was little damage

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Iceback wrote:I just read in the local paper we did have a tornado touch down in our city. Fortunately it was in a sparsely populated area on the opposite end from where I live and there was little damage



Always good news, but in hindsight nearly everyone in the area was in relatively close proximity to a twister!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I hope y'all have a great Easter.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

God morning everyone.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning everyone.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

Out of the bedroom for a bit, will see how time in the couch goes, but I feel much better, not as stuffy.

And can taste things!

Don't forget, tomorrow is Draw a Bird Day!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Morning. I sort of want to buy the tablet, but I don't need it, and wouldn't use it.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Also, looking at the woot chatter tweets, what sort of tadpole sees today's shirt and thinks of twilight? What are they teaching kids in school these days?

Still single, can't imagine why.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That's a great niece, not a grandchild.



I knew I couldn't be that oblivious.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:I didn't mean nuttin by it!



LOL, because if you did, you would answer your doorbell someday and a dog and old lady will be standing there and then slap you upside the head and leave!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.



I missed morning.
Afternoon Gman

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I'm baking hams and doing last minute stuff. What's everybody else go planned for today and tomorrow?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I'm baking hams and doing last minute stuff. What's everybody else go planned for today and tomorrow?



Going to Mom's, just because she has the best house for that many people.

Everyone is bringing something.

Problem is time.
Son's girlfriend has to be on a 7:30 bus out of the Port Authority in the city. She can't miss it. No more busses and she has school and son has work on monday morning.

So son has to leave at 5:30 to be absolutely sure she gets there. It can take 20 minutes to find your bus in that complex. It is huge.


Step niece has to see her inlaws first, so nobody is going to be at moms until 4pm.

They are all usually late.

Oh well.

Should we bring Rusty? One of the kids is afraid of dogs, but he is mellow. I can pack the crate too.

Maybe. We won't be gone forever. Only 5 or 6 hours.

Old lady across the street has suddenly become too old to stop in. Can't climb the steps into the house. Forgets she is suppose to come.

Maybe one of Sons friends will be home, Only take 10 minutes to feed him and let him out.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Going to Mom's, just because she has the best house for that many people.

Everyone is bringing something.

Problem is time.
Son's girlfriend has to be on a 7:30 bus out of the Port Authority in the city. She can't miss it. No more busses and she has school and son has work on monday morning.

So son has to leave at 5:30 to be absolutely sure she gets there. It can take 20 minutes to find your bus in that complex. It is huge.


Step niece has to see her inlaws first, so nobody is going to be at moms until 4pm.

They are all usually late.

Oh well.

Should we bring Rusty? One of the kids is afraid of dogs, but he is mellow. I can pack the crate too.

Maybe. We won't be gone forever. Only 5 or 6 hours.

Old lady across the street has suddenly become too old to stop in. Can't climb the steps into the house. Forgets she is suppose to come.

Maybe one of Sons friends will be home, Only take 10 minutes to feed him and let him out.



The last option sounds the best.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:The last option sounds the best.



Try to find one of them.

Might just bring him. He isn't a puppy anymore, Rarely jumps on anyone.

He was fine for 2 hours at the hair place. He hasn't shown any interest in running after or jumping on any kid in 2 years.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Try to find one of them.

Might just bring him. He isn't a puppy anymore, Rarely jumps on anyone.

He was fine for 2 hours at the hair place. He hasn't shown any interest in running after or jumping on any kid in 2 years.



But are you sure all the adults would welcome his presence?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Taking the oldsters to dinner this afternoon. I have to go into work tomorrow..

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:I'm baking hams and doing last minute stuff. What's everybody else go planned for today and tomorrow?



House cleaning today; Easter dinner at a Mexican food restaurant tomorrow.

I'm stoked.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Well, perhaps later.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Well, perhaps later.



Later what?


Woothoo!

A friend of son came over. He is having Easter at home. He will feed and walk Rusty!!!


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Later what?


Woothoo!

A friend of son came over. He is having Easter at home. He will feed and walk Rusty!!!



Yay!



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Now Mom's TV stopped working.
The new one.
Hubby threw away our old 20'. Now all we have are small old TV's around.
The only consideration when I got Mom's new TV was it would fit in the existing cabinet. An old furniture cabinet from a tv in the 60's.
Then she put it on top of the cabinet. //sigh

So now we will be fixing the blinds and the TV and who knows what else tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Why was I thinking everybody had five folding chairs? You usually have four with a card table. Now I have to come up with two more.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Why was I thinking everybody had five folding chairs? You usually have four with a card table. Now I have to come up with two more.



I have 2. Come and get them.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening folks. Slept great today. Felt good. Trying to get moving.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Evening folks. Slept great today. Felt good. Trying to get moving.



Odds are you will eventually have a good nights sleep!



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Odds are you will eventually have a good nights sleep!



Or a good day's sleep.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.