Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Mavyn wrote:Morning all. Happy Star Wars Day!

Waiting until the next day or so helps the shirt stay in the reckoning longer, and gives the artist $2/shirt. First day pay is the same no matter how many sell.

don't count your chickens! I'm not!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Josephus wrote:don't count your chickens! I'm not!

No chicken counting, but my fingers are crossed!

Edit: Work is making me VERY cranky. I hate it when reviewers say things like 'please check other documents for samples' rather than just SAYING how something should be worded. I didn't make up the wording in use, I got it from other documents. If it's wrong, it's wrong in the other documents, so just effing say how you want it. Grrr.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning everyone. Got up and husband said, let's get some pancakes. So off to Perkins we went. Someone told me their secret is 7-Up in the pancakes.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

So far today is making yesterday look good.

Ugh.

Morning folks.

What the Force, doesn't anyone's life run somewhat smoothy?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
dontwantaname wrote:So far today is making yesterday look good.

Ugh.

Morning folks.

What the Force, doesn't anyone's life run somewhat smoothy?

That anyone that I know. Can't shut off water in one of the sinks in the master bath. Why do things always go bad on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday when you can't get a plumber? The valve under the sink won't move, and it is a delta faucet that you push on and off. I would be tempted to take a crowbar to it, but that just might make things a wee bit worse. Cat is enjoying sitting on vanity and playing with the water -not a drip, mind you, but a steady slow flow. So, I guess you could say I have a leak too, albeit not what AZG has.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

94 pages already? You guys have been talkative!

Josephus

klozitshoper wrote:That anyone that I know. Can't shut off water in one of the sinks in the master bath. Why do things always go bad on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday when you can't get a plumber? The valve under the sink won't move, and it is a delta faucet that you push on and off. I would be tempted to take a crowbar to it, but that just might make things a wee bit worse. Cat is enjoying sitting on vanity and playing with the water -not a drip, mind you, but a steady slow flow. So, I guess you could say I have a leak too, albeit not what AZG has.

can you unscrew the aeriator on the faucet? you might be able to cut an insert, mebe from a soda bottle lid's rubbery insert, and block the aerator so as to shut the water leak off.
'course, you won't be able to use the sink.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Raining wrote:
Good Morning inkycatz

Good morning everyone!

I'm just hanging out, really.

pooflady

cruzer wrote:94 pages already? You guys have been talkative!

With no help from you.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:With no help from you.

PM poof

Cruzer? How? Why?

HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY CRUZER!!!!

Because I know you won't be around tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Hey wooters!

Turken

KtCallista wrote:Yup yup. Sounds like there would be lots of positives to moving, what are the negatives when you get there?

Well, there are still a few negatives. no job is perfect. One of the biggest is that this position is less research, and more development. So rather than being able to sit in a lab and dream up a bunch of what-ifs (and hopefully get someone to pay me to chase those dreams), it'll be more practical applications. Customer X has needs Y, so how do we tweak product Z to fit those needs (and prove that the improved Z does what we say it will).

Other downside is that it is a much much smaller organization, so individual responsibility will be a lot heavier. May not have time or freedom for slacking off online during the day.

Turken

I dunno, those chicks look pretty well hatched to me, so why not count them? (I see 18)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:That anyone that I know. Can't shut off water in one of the sinks in the master bath. Why do things always go bad on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday when you can't get a plumber? The valve under the sink won't move, and it is a delta faucet that you push on and off. I would be tempted to take a crowbar to it, but that just might make things a wee bit worse. Cat is enjoying sitting on vanity and playing with the water -not a drip, mind you, but a steady slow flow. So, I guess you could say I have a leak too, albeit not what AZG has.

See!

Everyone at the dog park has something totally screwed up going on too!

But everyone else seems to have happy pills.

I want happy pills. Well at least try them.

Maybe I'll ask at the dog park and find out who they go to. Problem is I never have anything to write stuff down with when I'm there.

You can't shut the water off to the sink? Oh, it is frozen.
Well at least the cat is happy!
I guess if it starts damaging stuff, can you turn the water off to the bathroom?
I know where the valve for the whole house is. Plus the two outside hoses. Don't think I can turn off the water to the kitchen or the bathrooms. Just the sinks or toilets.

So, another lesson learned! Everyone go see if their sink and toilet valves work. Tonight!

Or buy tons of leak frogs.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Turken

Josephus wrote:can you unscrew the aeriator on the faucet? you might be able to cut an insert, mebe from a soda bottle lid's rubbery insert, and block the aerator so as to shut the water leak off.

Good idea. Or check the hardware store to see if they sell a little toggle switch that you can put in place of the aerator. Lets you control the flow at the faucet, navy shower style. Don't know where they got it, or why they even have it installed, but one of the bathroom sinks at my parents' place has such a toggle switch installed, and on more than one occasion I thought the sink had a serious problem when in fact it was just that someone had accidentally flipped the toggle to the off position.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Turken wrote:I dunno, those chicks look pretty well hatched to me, so why not count them? (I see 16)

I saw 18

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Turken wrote:Well, there are still a few negatives. no job is perfect. One of the biggest is that this position is less research, and more development. So rather than being able to sit in a lab and dream up a bunch of what-ifs (and hopefully get someone to pay me to chase those dreams), it'll be more practical applications. Customer X has needs Y, so how do we tweak product Z to fit those needs (and prove that the improved Z does what we say it will).

Other downside is that it is a much much smaller organization, so individual responsibility will be a lot heavier. May not have time or freedom for slacking off online during the day.

Hope it works out!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Turken

pooflady wrote:Good morning everyone. Got up and husband said, let's get some pancakes. So off to Perkins we went. Someone told me their secret is 7-Up in the pancakes.

could very well be the case. I know I've seen recipes for pie crust and biscuits that use 7-up to enhance their fluffiness.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Nice shirt! I'll make sure I head over and vote before I leave woot. Good luck!

Afternoon everybody.

//goes to read back further than this page.

Turken

dontwantaname wrote:I saw 18

yeah. bad memory. counted the picture, and forgot by the time I made the post. whoops.

inkycatz

dontwantaname wrote:
Or buy tons of leak frogs.

I am so glad you reminded me about this! It's been a busy week!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:can you unscrew the aeriator on the faucet? you might be able to cut an insert, mebe from a soda bottle lid's rubbery insert, and block the aerator so as to shut the water leak off.

LOL, hi Dad!

Hubby is a buy the right part and do it right , sort of guy.

Dad was a why buy the part if you can make one in the basement guy. He would approve of the soda bottle idea.

When we were dating, there was quite a bit of tension over fixing my windshield wipers. They wouldn't shut off.
Dad wanted to bend something. Hubby(boyfriend) was trying to figure it out what was wrong to get the right part.

I was going nuts. Did you ever drive a car on a sunny day with the windshield wipers going all the time????

Dad won. The part was bent. It never did it again!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Thanks - never would have thought to try that. Will do. I have another sink on the same vanity so that would not be a problem. It is running at a slow but continuous rate, so it is wasting a lot of water. Thanks for the suggestion.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

inkycatz wrote:I am so glad you reminded me about this! It's been a busy week!

Did you get your leak frog?

Damn things work. Plus they are cute.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

lplady wrote:Nice shirt! I'll make sure I head over and vote before I leave woot. Good luck!

Afternoon everybody.

//goes to read back further than this page.

too late to vote.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:With no help from you.

That's not entirely true...

lplady

Josephus wrote:too late to vote.

Well darn. Sorry I'm late to the party.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Turken wrote:yeah. bad memory. counted the picture, and forgot by the time I made the post. whoops.

Well, there may, or may not be 4 in that upper left corner. Are those two bumps of fuzz each a chick? Or just 2 fat chicks?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:Well darn. Sorry I'm late to the party.

Hi.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cruzer

dontwantaname wrote:PM poof

Cruzer? How? Why?

HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY CRUZER!!!!

Because I know you won't be around tomorrow.

Well here's an almost thank you:

You better take what you can get because there are no thank you cards coming from me.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:Well here's an almost thank you:

You better take what you can get because there are no thank you cards coming from me.

Duh.

Next thank you note fight will be after the baby. Now that the deck is done, maybe it is baby time?!

How is pup? Does she still look like Rusty with short hair?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

cruzer wrote:Well here's an almost thank you:

Pretty sure we all know that.

cruzer

dontwantaname wrote:Duh.

Next thank you note fight will be after the baby. Now that the deck is done, maybe it is baby time?!

How is pup? Does she still look like Rusty with short hair?

I thought I had at least two years after marriage.

Pupster is good. She looks like a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Does Rusty look like a Rhodesian Ridgeback?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

dontwantaname wrote: Or just 2 fat chicks?

Well, it *is* Friday!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:Pretty sure we all know that.

The older members might. Might as well make sure the newers ones know too.

lplady

pooflady wrote:Pretty sure we all know that.

But he's matured, aged, grown since then. Oh and he has a nice wife that will nag (persuade lovingly) him to do it too...SCORE!

inkycatz

dontwantaname wrote:Did you get your leak frog?

Damn things work. Plus they are cute.

Making arrangements over PM for some, yeah.

cruzer

lplady wrote:But he's matured, aged, grown since then. Oh and he has a nice wife that will nag (persuade lovingly) him to do it too...SCORE!

I don't know that she has figured out the "persuade lovingly" thing yet. It's a shame too.

cruzer

PemberDucky wrote:Well, it *is* Friday!

Holy crap! When did ducky become "Staff"?

pooflady

cruzer wrote:Holy crap! When did ducky become "Staff"?

Not only staff, but staff in Seattle.