3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Apple 8GB iPod Touch - Current Gen
$154.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

I have one. They are pretty decent if you want a music player that has the capabilities of a smartphone without the expensive data plan.

Really good if you go to college. Just grab their Wifi and go.

iOs 5.1 just came out too. Nothing too spectacular, but it now lets you take pictures from the lock screen.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

Seems like a solid deal, to bad my phone has an Ipod built in

geredeth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages geredeth

Hrm, so for $75 more, you can get 4x the storage from sellout.woot?

Seems better to spend the money, since expandable storage isn't an option, and the more space you have, the less need to turn to itunes to swap it.

Yeah, $75 is a lot of money, but if you are going to do this, do it right.

Just to say, by the way, as mentioned before about having all the benefits without the cost of a smart phone. I actually was tempted, for a long time to get this. I held off because of Apple, however if you don't have any problems with that, then yeah. You can download software to make calls over Google Voice and wifi, you can do pretty much anything except surf in the middle of nowhere.

So honestly, if you don't want a tablet due to size, this is a pretty good buy if you don't mind Apple products. I would go with the one on sellout though, as opposed to this.

bryan1436

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bryan1436

miyoshinum5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages miyoshinum5
geredeth wrote:Hrm, so for $75 more, you can get 4x the storage from sellout.woot?

Seems better to spend the money, since expandable storage isn't an option, and the more space you have, the less need to turn to itunes to swap it.

Yeah, $75 is a lot of money, but if you are going to do this, do it right.

I agree, 8gb is practically nothing. The 32gb on sellout.woot is a better deal.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

A $9 savings over the apple site once shipping is figured in. Knowledge is power. Now make your choice.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC540LL/A

jrs1980

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jrs1980

Black earbuds y/y?

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

oggusfoo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oggusfoo
miyoshinum5 wrote:I agree, 8gb is practically nothing. The 32gb on sellout.woot is a better deal.

For the record, they aren't offering a white Ipod over there though.

dedwards777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dedwards777
wisenekt wrote:A $9 savings over the apple site once shipping is figured in. Knowledge is power. Now make your choice.

Looks like the Apple store also gives you a 1 year warranty vs the 90 days on the woot deal.
So the $9 extra is looking pretty good!

philipem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philipem

I have a 32G and love it...but you can buy a refurb direct from Apple for $169.00 and you can buy a 16G for $179.00 at the apple store refurbs...with 1 year Apple warranty. And I think it is REALLY worth the extra for that.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod

w00ting over 100 times since 9/22/04

lichme

quality posts: 2867 Private Messages lichme

Really long and cheesy video review/sales pitch from HSN

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

A lot of people don't know you can use an iPod touch for texting people. All you need is an app like this

I barely use my cell phone for calls and have considered replacing it with an iPod touch.

theant

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant

Helping out our fellow footers... someone (not me) put a deal over at deals.woot for a free apple cable. Not a bad idea to get an extra if this deal is for you.

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/30ff4ff2-da57-4937-84f4-c860749b2337/apple-dock-connector-to-usb-cable#4

Crlygrl34

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Crlygrl34

How is the camera on these? I have heard a lot of mixed reviews. They don't have flash....right?

meyfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meyfamily

Anyone know if apple will cover the warranty as well. Apple site list them but not sure if they r current gen, thanks

hddad1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hddad1234

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPod-touch-8GB-Generation/dp/B001FA1O0O/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1331360077&sr=8-11

$$187 for a brand spanky new one... Hmmmm

theant

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant
CowboyDann wrote:A lot of people don't know you can use an iPod touch for texting people. All you need is an app like this

I barely use my cell phone for calls and have considered replacing it with an iPod touch.

I know people who use VOIP apps (like skype) on an ills to do calls... only restriction is you have to be on WiFi ...
and sometimes its cheaper to pay for a WIFI hotpot plan then a cell phone plan.

Sprankton

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Sprankton

Does the facetime work cross-platform? Like, from iPod to iPhone?

weirdal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdal
wisenekt wrote:A $9 savings over the apple site once shipping is figured in. Knowledge is power. Now make your choice.

Don't forget tax if you order from Apple.

larommi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larommi

I kind of want one but since it would wind up in my glove box linked to my stereo, I think I would do better with a classic.

If one has a smartphone, is there anything this will do that my smartphone won't?

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
CowboyDann wrote:A lot of people don't know you can use an iPod touch for texting people. All you need is an app like this

Do you find it hard to find open wifi hotspots to be able to run all the apps? Where I live there is Panera, Starbucks and that is about it.

makabe

quality posts: 5 Private Messages makabe
Crlygrl34 wrote:How is the camera on these? I have heard a lot of mixed reviews. They don't have flash....right?

No flash, but with the iOS 5.1 update, you can pick your exposure point and do digital zoom, not that you'll want to zoom in that much with this low res a camera.

makabe

Sprankton wrote:Does the facetime work cross-platform? Like, from iPod to iPhone?

Yes. And to Macs.

makabe

I use Google Voice and an app called Talkatone to make and receive calls (over wifi) from the ipod touch. It's great to see the look on people's faces when they see me getting a call on my ipod. Caveat: this will only last as long as Google decides to keep letting people make free phone calls with Google voice.

eberin

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eberin
Crlygrl34 wrote:How is the camera on these? I have heard a lot of mixed reviews. They don't have flash....right?

The iPod Touch of this gen is equivalent to iPhone 4. But the CAMERA on the iPhone 4 is vastly better than the iPod Touch. The iPhone 4 has a 5 Mpixel camera that is pretty good, but this iPod Touch has a barely 1 Mpixel camera. I was going to get this iPod Touch when it was introduced, but found out its camera was marginal - I got the iPhone 4 instead since my contract was up anyway.

Get it for the iPod Touch features, but definitely not the camera.

kara52783

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kara52783
Sprankton wrote:Does the facetime work cross-platform? Like, from iPod to iPhone?

FaceTime will work with any other FaceTime capable device (iPad, iPod, iPhone, MacBook, iMac, efc.)

makabe

philipem wrote:I have a 32G and love it...but you can buy a refurb direct from Apple for $169.00 and you can buy a 16G for $179.00 at the apple store refurbs...with 1 year Apple warranty. And I think it is REALLY worth the extra for that.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod

That 32 GB model is the previous generation--no retina display or A4 processor or facetime.

kevieugene

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kevieugene

Aren't these only $40 more brand new?

djdarell

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djdarell
kara52783 wrote:FaceTime will work with any other FaceTime capable device (iPad, iPod, iPhone, MacBook, iMac, efc.)

Good to know^

Does anyone have any personal experience with FaceTime on this generation iPod? I know it's pretty smooth on the iPhone 4S, but the processor is much better, although I'm not sure by how much.

Anyway, if I get this for my 'ol lady to FaceTime chat with her iPhone 4S-using family, will it be a sub-par experience?

jmseifer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmseifer

Cowboom has these pre-owned for 133 right now.

http://www.cowboom.com/product/746327

I know the condition varies on these, but I've had good luck. pre-owned 32 GB at 159.

http://www.cowboom.com/product/744234

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep
miyoshinum5 wrote:I agree, 8gb is practically nothing. The 32gb on sellout.woot is a better deal.

I agree.

I bought an 8GB iPod Touch from a prior woot off on 12/4/2011, and I have to say that 8GB is definitely not enough space for any of my game apps PLUS my music files.

I wish I had waited until a 32GB was on sale. 8GB (or even 16GB) just doesn't cut it for MP3 storage.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

darkomandic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkomandic
eepeep wrote:I agree.

I bought an 8GB iPod Touch from a prior woot off on 12/4/2011, and I have to say that 8GB is definitely not enough space for any of my game apps PLUS my music files.

I wish I had waited until a 32GB was on sale. 8GB (or even 16GB) just doesn't cut it for MP3 storage.

Just have songs sync to iPod as 128mbps files, it will double your storage and quality is not that worse.

zmh1175

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zmh1175

Spend little bit more from apple store to get the like new condition without any scratches and new battery too with 1 year warranty.I bough 2 of them from woot.com and both with heavy scratches.

buffaloed

quality posts: 28 Private Messages buffaloed

Works great with Skype. It's very handy if you want to show something that can't easily be moved to a fixed webcam. The quality is superior to my PC with a "Blue Microphones Eyeball 2.0 Webcam". You can even plug in your own mic with a headset buddy cable.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SK66OY/

philipem

djdarell wrote:Good to know^

Does anyone have any personal experience with FaceTime on this generation iPod? I know it's pretty smooth on the iPhone 4S, but the processor is much better, although I'm not sure by how much.

Anyway, if I get this for my 'ol lady to FaceTime chat with her iPhone 4S-using family, will it be a sub-par experience?

I use it every day and the audio and video is excellent; does of course depend on how good the wifi and internet connections are, you do get the occasional lag but it's my primary way of talking to some family members.

philipem

makabe wrote:That 32 GB model is the previous generation--no retina display or A4 processor or facetime.

ahhh you are right I didn't look closely, the 8G version however is current and for a one year apple warranty the extra 15-20 bucks you'd pay is well worth it.

space0matic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages space0matic

Needs Airport for watching movies and wireless printing?
No Roku ??

little gray dude

hinkleorama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hinkleorama

iPod touch is cheaper on the market. $154.00 is too high. $105 or $110 should be the woot price.