ThunderThighs

quality posts: 903 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Have you played Woot! Clue! yet? It’s a game run by yours truly an hour before the new Monday – Friday products go up for sale. Your goal is to guess the item coming up for sale on a site that I’ve chosen for that day’s game.

I’ll give you a clue to start and a couple others along the way. But you better be good at reading between the lines if you expect my clues to make it easier. The style is “20 Questions” – you ask yes/no questions and I’ll answer them.

We’ve been playing this for a few weeks now and I’m ready to roll it out to the big leagues – you!

Want to see what it’s like? Here’s a few games that we’ve played recently:

This game had 28 players and lasted about 25 minutes before a correct guess.

We played this one on the last day of the woot-off last month. We had 98 players!!! They just about wore me out! It took 48 minutes to get a correct guess or at least close enough.

So come join us and pass the time while you wait for the next Woot!

When: An hour before the Monday – Friday products go up for sale (Su-Th, 11pm CST)

Where: On the site I’ve chosen for that day’s game. I’ll always put a quality post in the Discussion box on the Woot! main page pointing you to the game.

Why: Why not! Who knows, maybe you’ll get a surprise if you’re have the correct answer!

Interested? Here’s a few tips that’ll get you started:

• The game is fast so don’t be late! Typical games are over in 15-20 minutes. The shortest game is 6 minutes; the longest 48 minutes.

• I usually require the manufacturer, name, model, size, or other pertinent information for the product for a correct guess. That means, always give complete answers!

• Everyone plays. You can be the correct guess once a week. You can play all the time but only guess if you are eligible, please. Share the fun!

• You are limited to 2 questions per post.

• The game ends at 11:55pm before RSS feeds and Tweets go out about the sales.

*NEW* NEW New Work Schedule: Mon-Wed = Days; Thu-Fri = evening/nights
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007

Can you guys do this on the weekend as well? I work Monday-Friday so can't realistically be on the computer at just about midnight CT.

Otherwise, I would totally play.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Heads up! The game will be on DEALS tonight as we guess what is up next for sale on SELLOUT!!!

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

Reminder: Game tonight in about 1hr 20min!

Don't be late!

Hint: It's gonna be on KIDS!

ThunderThighs

Staff

We'll start in a few minutes.

Tonight's game is on WOOT! in the current product thread.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Starts in 30 minutes in the Woot product thread. Tonight's game is PICTURE CLUE!

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4907577

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

No game tonight? I'm confused.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Of course not, silly! We're in a woot-off! To play Woot Clue right now would give us the impression that the Woot-off is going to be over and the suspense of ongoing woots is removed!

ThunderThighs

Staff

FYI: Tonight's Woot! Clue! is canceled due to the Woot-Off.

See ya Sunday at 11pm CDT for the next game.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Woot! Clue! returns tonight! 11PM CDT in the current Woot.Com product thread!!!

Reminder about the udpated rules:

NEW: The following questions will not be answered until noted:
• Sold on Woot previously: Not allowed. Will not be answered.
• Brand name starts with a-k, l-z, f-g, etc.: Not allowed. Will not be answered.
• Pricing info: Not allowed. Will not be answered.
• Random guesses about the product not related to the clues, questions, and answers at hand may be ignored
• You cannot answer with just a link to another site. I don’t have time to follow links to verify. Give the name and include the links if you want but no link only answers.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Game is on Kids tonight.....

NOTICE: Woot! Clue! is going to take a break after this week as we evaluate and reassess the game and possible future events for the community.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Like... maybe a week-long break? It's too fun to close up shop forever!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Moueska wrote:Like... maybe a week-long break? It's too fun to close up shop forever!

Until further notice. We will look at what we've learned and be thinking of other ideas to engage the community.

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
ThunderThighs wrote:Until further notice. We will look at what we've learned and be thinking of other ideas to engage the community.

I would suggest something that everyone can play .

Many people work in the morning so it is difficult to stay up until after 11pm CT. Most nights I'm in bed by 10pm.

RWoodward

quality posts: 59 Private Messages RWoodward
hackman2007 wrote:I would suggest something that everyone can play .

Many people work in the morning so it is difficult to stay up until after 11pm CT. Most nights I'm in bed by 10pm.

Agreed. Maybe instead of a speed game, you could give one clue every hour or something?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey, y'all! It's on WINE tonight!

It's the next-to-last game!

ThunderThighs

Staff

This is it! The last game of Woot! Clue! is tonight in KIDS.

NOTICE: Woot! Clue! is going to take a break now as we evaluate and reassess the game and possible future events for the community.

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE PARTICIPATED! IT’S BEEN FUN!

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov

if it's done, can I last post?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pblgov wrote:if it's done, can I last post?

no!

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

OH! So, that's what happened to Woot Clue. Sorry I didn't play more when it was happening. Thanks for the fun! :-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

although this thread may not show it, there was a LOT of activity (guessing) on WOOT CLUE. it was tons of fun...

sure wish you could bring it back!!!

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed