blair1q

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blair1q
apctek1998 wrote:The jets are rubber and have a hard time holding on to calcium

i have a similar model (not the same brand but the same sort of jets) and it takes 3-4X as long for them to clog compared to hard-plastic jets (had those too). but they will eventually clog. the fix is simple, if tedious: squeeze each jet to break the calcium core and poke the hole with a fingernail to help the water eject the pieces.

Dhaldenwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dhaldenwang

In for one!! Gotta be better than my current $9 Walmart special. And it will make the wife smile!

johngraz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johngraz

Bought it last time and put it in the kid's shower. Very nice and seems well built for the price. 1/2 or 1/3 of the price of similar things at the big box stores. Some plastic as you would expect, but overall a great value. Wish I had bought a few more.

shon1994

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shon1994

Does anyone know if the connectors to the handle and wall mount for the steel hose are metal as well? Those always crack on me making the unit much less happy...

clubjuggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clubjuggle

I just bought this at Kohl's for $35 and it's well worth it, even at that price. This is a great deal.

darman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darman

jeanettefleck wrote:Any input from other ladies experienced with this particular item?

Like does it have good pressure? Pulsation?

Simply because the high pressure really helps me wash the shampoo out of my hair without taking as much effort, thus leaving my hands to do other lathering activities.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Well, I'm no female, but judging from the exorbitant amount of comments last go-round from a horde of women, including a ton that got deleted due to...slight discrepencies, shall we say, I think this should work just fine in helping you "wash the shampoo out of your hair."

Excellent comment and excellent reply!!!

susie-s

quality posts: 5 Private Messages susie-s

A good shower is probably the most important part of my day. Plenty of pressure, high flow, very hot and I am easing away the day's aggravations and irritations. This looks like it will MAKE MY DAY. I'm in for THREE. ONE is for travel! I have actually gone out and bought a shower head to replace one in my hotel bath one time!!!! Seriously, I'm traveling, having a rough day, and the dadgum showerhead in my hotel room just spits at me? Nooooo! Went to a local Home Depot, bought a $4.99 showerhead, removed the flow restrictor, and had a nice strong hot shower. I left it for the next guest to enjoy.
Seriously, a good hot shower is VITAL to my well-being and mental stability!

Category Five
*edited: broken link/img*

luvche21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages luvche21

If we look at the map, we know which states need to shower the most!

Also, why not 2 for Tuesday?

robertwevans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertwevans

Does anyone know how I can increase my order quantity after order is placed? Want two instead of one.

Dadoboy

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dadoboy
kirbis2007 wrote:Check out this video for installation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMC6pIcmqHo

Yeah, but is there one that has it in "action"... If you know what I mean, (Wink Wink - Nudge Nudge)

lmonteros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmonteros

Is this a low-flow (water conservation) shower head?

Dadoboy

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dadoboy
robertwevans wrote:Does anyone know how I can increase my order quantity after order is placed? Want two instead of one.

Usually, if the product isn't sold out - contact service@woot.com, they may be able to help out.. be prepared to give them a cookie, though.

oio

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oio
junkerja wrote:No shower head is worth using until you remove the restrictor valve. Your federal government uselessly mandates that your shower provides a weak stream. Every manufactirer makes it easy to remove the restrictor and make the shower work.

That's a bit of a stretch. All mine work fine with the flow restrictors. I've experienced some people's showers with high pressure, no flow restrictor and those awful faucets that have no pressure control (like hotels where it's on or off, no in between, only temp control). The damn thing is worse than a fire hydrant bouncing water all over the bathroom. I'm a fan of flow restrictors. If you don't like it, simply remove it.

daughterjudy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages daughterjudy

In for two! I need one and so do my parents. Nice deal, Woot!

visjig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages visjig

in for 2 of these...

memphisman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memphisman

Next they will have the Hitachi Magic Wand. Evidently it does wonders on your back.

They always get rave reviews at NewEgg. I'd love to read those comments here...these are cracking me up.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud
Duukdkarn wrote:I got mine and its wonderful. However this particular one, it has a little lever that you move. Your not supposed to turn the head. Either you had a different model or perhaps assisted in its demise?

Yes I am aware of how to change the flow, perhaps I should have added turned by the tab, but either way, I would call the part the water comes out of the flow head and the overall handle the handle. This was likely a factory flaw. Going to try to RMA it.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

theabnormal1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theabnormal1

I bought this when it was on home.woot.
For those commenting about it being cheaper than Kohl's, this is literally the Kohl's shower head, complete with a Kohl's $50 price sticker and all.
I really liked this shower head the first time I used it, until my hot water ran out half-way through my shower. With our old shower head we could get through two showers back-to-back no problem. Fortunately, I quickly discovered the water can be barely running through the faucet and when I switch it to the shower head the pressure is still fine, so that helps preserve the hot water.
The settings range from pathetic dribble (aeration, I think?) to holycrapturnitoffturnitoffturnitoff (massage?) so you are likely to find one that works for your water pressure; maybe removing the flow regulator would work for some (esp the aeration settings) but for me I find 4/5 settings pretty useless (although I brave the massage setting for my hair and pray I don't accidentally rip the skin off my back. I'm terrified of what removing the flow regulator would do to this setting).
Keep in mind the low-reach bracket can only really be useful if you have children that want to use this hand-held and can't reach the overhead bracket; if you were to turn the water on the water would just shoot straight forward. This shower head ended up being more than a foot above me in the shower, so I'll end up buying a portable shower arm from amazon to put this at the height I prefer.
Overall this is a good shower head for the woot price. But I'll still be keeping an eye out for a better one.

theabnormal1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theabnormal1
mtka wrote:Can I use this to powerwash my siding?

Honestly? You probably could. That massage setting is pretty brutal.

sacolton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sacolton

Now I can clean all my hard-to-reach naughty bits.

arbymiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arbymiller

Hmmmm....bought one for girlfriend who complains that shower head is too tall, but would like one for my house. Problem is, I have brass fixtures!

Zorlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zorlak

I seem to run out of hot water pretty quick as it is, so hopefully this doesn't flow faster than what I have now. I guess we'll see! Too good of a deal to pass up. In for one due to the outstanding reviews. Thanks fellow wooters!

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

This is actually getting more comments than any product during a w00t-off. Really?

I'm a girl. I don't need one of these. 'Nuff said.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

DogMom23

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DogMom23

According to the map of wooting by State, apparently Utah has the highest per capita share of clean people.

Jon651

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jon651

DaZoneRanger opined:

"For low water pressure, look into a brand called "Oxygenics". I've been using them for at least a decade and even with low water pressure, they give a very strong, forceful shower. They're pressurized."

For all it's huff and puff, Oxygenics shower heads are nothing more than a simple nozzle. Sorry, but they are "pressurized" only at the cost of flow. By definition, a nozzle simply reduces the total amount (gallons per minute) that is flowing through it but accelerates the speed of the water that does come out. Basically you are getting less water out than you would from the open end of the pipe but what is coming out is traveling much faster.

When you add a small intake hole or port at the point the nozzle is the most constricted you have then created a venturi suction. The speed of the water passing through the nozzle and over the port draws in room air (in the case of the Oxygenics shower head) and mixes it with the outflow. In the Fire Department we used this principle in the past to add firefighting foam to a hoseline.

I have found Oxygenics shower heads to be unsatisjying as they never seem to give you enough water volume. It takes forever to get wet and rinse off. Sure they'll blast the top two layers of skin off your body, but they were just "unfulfilling".

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

good showerhead...

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

jeanettefleck

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeanettefleck
jeanettefleck wrote:...
Simply because the high pressure really helps me wash the shampoo out of my hair without taking as much effort, thus leaving my hands to do other lathering activities.

calebmitchell wrote:Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Well, I'm no female, but judging from the exorbitant amount of comments last go-round from a horde of women, including a ton that got deleted due to...slight discrepencies, shall we say, I think this should work just fine in helping you "wash the shampoo out of your hair."

joelellis wrote:When this came up, my girlfriend got really excited to see it and said she was ordering one. She is so into good hygiene!

My thoughts exactly!

WilfBrim wrote:
BTW: Still waiting to hear reviews from folks who have one about how well it gets the soap out of your hair.

thestickyb wrote:There is one setting that will almost rip the hair out of your head so I'm sure soap will be removed no problem.

Glad to see I wasn't the only person wondering about its ability to help wash out my hair..

funda62 wrote:... Should make washing the dog and the kids easier.

Oh yeah, reason #2. I have dogs and this will help with bathing them!

cowykillr wrote:Is this powerful enough for my girlfriend cough cough

One can only hope.

memphisman wrote:Next they will have the Hitachi Magic Wand. Evidently it does wonders on your back.

I guess I'll return when that shows up on Woot! Prevent the back problems before they begin..

sacolton wrote:Now I can clean all my hard-to-reach naughty bits.

Reason #3.

And with that, I'm in for one!

moosish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages moosish

I bought one of these last time. My husband said it was very easy to install. As to operation, I LOVE it! It does everything I wanted it to do. Fortunately, I had read enough to know that we needed to remove the special low-flow washer inside it first, so the water pressure from it is fine. Great purchase!

Marsha Aronson

gdeadfan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gdeadfan

Shower head, or very fancy ear bud?

tonyeye

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tonyeye
jeanettefleck wrote:Any input from other ladies experienced with this particular item?

Like does it have good pressure? Pulsation?

I'd call that a quality post.

hoodly2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoodly2

I also got one during the last sale & am sooooo glad I can get another for the guest bath! I pulled the water restrictor out to get the "right" water pressure....

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

Working in a marketing department myself, I've always really enjoyed the product copy from the writers at Woot!

But this time, you guys and your comments got me to buy this.

Well played, wooters, well played.

zfactor

quality posts: 10 Private Messages zfactor

in for three hope they are as good as everyone says..

taythegibs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taythegibs

Just ordered one, doing the Disney College Program this fall and the housing has crappy showers; also had a coupon so Im thinking I got a good deal!

jesscat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesscat
arbymiller wrote:Hmmmm....bought one for girlfriend who complains that shower head is too tall, but would like one for my house. Problem is, I have brass fixtures!

...LOL!

in for 1!

pyrosaga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pyrosaga

"I could just leave the shower head by the bed!"

I don't see half of the people in this world having a problem with that

rawr

lucindac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lucindac

Wooters Wooting map very revealing...Alaska and Wyoming fellas - take a clue from Utah and buy yourselves a couple of these, you might find more gals hanging around.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lucindac wrote:Wooters Wooting map very revealing...Alaska and Wyoming fellas - take a clue from Utah and buy yourselves a couple of these, you might find more gals hanging around.

Alaska is easily explained - we don't ship there (except for shirt).

Wyoming is often dark on sales. It's like they hate us.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

c1787gj

quality posts: 4 Private Messages c1787gj

I bought 3 with no coupons, just to make up for Wyoming. I'm in Massachusetts. No I don't smell.