0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Centon 64GB SDXC Flash Card
$49.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

LinuxTrance

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LinuxTrance

64.99 on TigerDirect

I just bought a 16gb one, this is too much space for my needs, good deal though!

Anorion

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Anorion

These are NICE. Love the 32GB one I got a while back.

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

In the words of Frank, from China, IL.

"Oh, not this fertilizer again!"

Remmeber people, reviews are bad, and claim it loses data. Stay away if your pictures are super important.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

landfill1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages landfill1

great deal for a class 10

acedude4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages acedude4

That's like 44,000 pictures at 5mp each. Give or take a few thousand. I may never have to unload the memory card...ever

dborja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dborja

I've used Centon products with no problems...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

teenracer6 wrote:In the words of Frank, from China, IL.

"Oh, not this fertilizer again!"

Remmeber people, reviews are bad, and claim it loses data. Stay away if your pictures are super important.

Great way to keep the Woot-off moving, dude.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

shanteuse

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shanteuse

at least if I wake up in the middle of the night I'll have something interesting to do.

sherlock712

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sherlock712

I bought one of these to use for video files in a Toshiba Thrive. Had to format it as exFAT, but once I did that, it worked great. That's a lot of storage for the price.

LostpunkDc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LostpunkDc

This woot off Better not be as Carppy as the last

...And God Said Let There Be Me

teenracer6

ThunderThighs wrote:Great way to keep the Woot-off moving, dude.

I cant morally support a product I know has flaws. If people want to throw the dice, they have been warned.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

OK, here's a long list of the
Centon stuff I've purchased, that works.

steve

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

So did the math, since our last woot-off was so great with no crap, I did the odds for you all. For there to be crap you have to account for the last 3 day wootoff with no crap. Then divide it by the days it was on. Then subtract the last days of the prior wootoff with crap. Then there is a variable, April 1st is a known day for crap which mathematically diminishes the odds of a crap here. So here it is

3/3-2+1 all divided by Pi ohh and multiplied by 2 I hope this helps (oh I got the divided by 2 part of how many hamburgers I had today if there was any confusion)

ThunderThighs

Staff

Perhaps a cat card reader to go along with the shirt.woot shirt today:

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tarahbelle2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarahbelle2

Never used this brand, but compared to others, the price is good.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Over/under on # of comments complaining about last woot-off: 5968

Over/under if they sell no bag this time: 143,209

camamolina

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camamolina
LostpunkDc wrote:This woot off Better not be as Carppy as the last

Don't you just hate Carppy woot offs?

ron76053

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ron76053

Oh My Fruitful Garden... 3 items and no blasphemy of Christ yet? This is the worst woot off ever!!!!!

"It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?" - Ronald Reagan

tsfisch

quality posts: 40 Private Messages tsfisch

Why on earth would you need a card this big/expensive? Multiple smaller ones are more cost effective, and avoid a single point of failure in case it gets lost/goes bad before backup, etc.

teenracer6

skou wrote:OK, here's a long list of the
Centon stuff I've purchased, that works.

steve

This deserves a Spring Training. (Im actually being serious.)

skou

How's this?

"Guys, this stuff is AWESOME!!

Get some before they all get sold!!"

Now, if the product was good, that's
what I'd be posting. Unfortunately...

steve

buttermiked

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buttermiked

It's only $50 for a class 10 64GB... What? You want like a SanDisc for that price too?

danbooke2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages danbooke2001

WHERE ARE THE CAT PICTURES?!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
ron76053 wrote:Oh My Fruitful Garden... 3 items and no blasphemy of Christ yet? This is the worst woot off ever!!!!!

9:38 a.m. was too optimistic of a prediction (unless you were trying to ruin it with a bit of sarcasm).

ThunderThighs

Staff

skou wrote:How's this?

"Guys, this stuff is AWESOME!!

Get some before they all get sold!!"

Now, if the product was good, that's
what I'd be posting. Unfortunately...

steve

Heh, you don't see me deleting your comment, do ya? Tell it like it is. Based on experience or data, makes all the difference.

FORUM MODERATOR

teenracer6

danbooke2001 wrote:WHERE ARE THE CAT PICTURES?!

Here ya go.

ThunderThighs

Staff

FORUM MODERATOR

skou

ThunderThighs wrote:Heh, you don't see me deleting your comment, do ya? Tell it like it is. Based on experience or data, makes all the difference.

Thighs, see my first post.

Centon is (almost) Fry's Electronics' house brand. Way back when, I bought TONS of their stuff. With Fry's notorious return policies, I ended eating all that bad product! Since then, I have stayed AWAY!

Oh, THANK YOU for not deleting this, or the last post!

(Yes, I'm aware that this will make the Woot!off go more slowly.)

steve

skou

ThunderThighs wrote:

THANK YOU!!

Cat pics are ALWAYS appreciated!

steve

Dan!

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dan!

I purchased two of these when Woot had them on sale last time for my Toshiba Thrive (also from Woot).

To all the people saying "they lose data" or "they stop working", please post your own experience with this particular product -- not what someone else overheard someone talking about on some forum somewhere about an unrelated product.

So far, these have been great cards. In the event something happens, I can send them back to Centon for replacement for five years. It takes them two weeks to return your product (and yes, I did have to use this on two 32GB Data Stick Pros; must have been a bad batch because I have two others that are absolutely fine)

Having said all this, use the common sense God gave the average potato. These are a "temporary" storage medium, treat them as such. Backing up your data is crucial, and it's just like flossing your teeth; you don't have to floss all of them, just the ones you want to keep.

MaxSMoke777

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MaxSMoke777
teenracer6 wrote:I cant morally support a product I know has flaws. If people want to throw the dice, they have been warned.

I, for one, thank you. I was tempted, as I need something large enough to hold my entire music collection for use with my Android tablet.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

i respect his honesty and candour!

apallohadas

quality posts: 5 Private Messages apallohadas
teenracer6 wrote:I cant morally support a product I know has flaws. If people want to throw the dice, they have been warned.

You know its bad?

Odd. The one in my Thrive seems to disagree with you.

I bought a bunch of stuff and all I have left is this not-very-witty signature.

scfd0766

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scfd0766

Thanks to my over-the-top obsessive WOOT! addiction, I have many Centon products now. So far, very luckily, none have failed me yet. When these came up previously, I jumped on them for the size – as also did the hubby, unbeknownst to me. So here we were, getting 6 of these things – but neither of us even knew about the existence of exFat……..we both individually just thought “SDHC....64 GB - Way Cool....in for 3”, and that was it. Obviously there was a LARGE amount of cash outlaid for these, only to find out that they wouldn’t talk to anything we owned except our computer. I tried the previously suggested options for re-formatting, but none worked – keeping in mind that returning them to the manufacturer was not an option as there was absolutely nothing wrong with them – the problem lay solely with me and my lack of exFat knowledge. So – just in case I’m not the only one out there in the universe with this problem – I have found one thing that has successfully reformatted these cards to FAT32, and with an ease and elegance that was so easy………yeah, you know. Go to: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm , click on the graphic there, and follow the directions……. Seriously, my 6 year old grandchild could have done this. Not being a computer geek, I have no idea if this will work for everyone like it did for me – but I can say it positively did reformat my SDXC64 cards to FAT32 with 61.8 GB to play with on them. Said 6 year old grandchild is actually watching movies via this card on his DisneyMixMaxPlus as I write this.

jwellsmusic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwellsmusic

Got this in and just tried it. Only shows 32gb of space on the card. Am I missing something?

It might be my card reader. Will try another.