ThunderThighs


quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hackman2007 wrote:Ok so the big question, the people that still have the Bunnies Ogling Carrots listed in their account. Are we going to get them?

I'm checking. Let you know when I hear back.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bomberjb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bomberjb

TT If you are just starting for the night I do not envy what I envision lies ahead of you.

Thanks for the update!!

madbomma

daeckla


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daeckla
smerfherder wrote:woot wage at $427? with orders at 1395 woots. i smell bacon. im no math magician but i'm pretty sure that 1395 x 3 equals $4185 which would hopefully be a gross profit which means that at fair market value the net would be $427. that means the average value per woot would be around 269 cents. that's some crap right there the shipping will surely out way the value of the Burnt orange cuda. so for those of you missing out you can rest assured that your better off because the credit card interest on this after one year at 24% apr (thanks for nothing Chase) will be 193 cents, slightly lower then the value of this Bunnies Ogling Carrots



Its divided per hour just like a regular work wage is expressed. Woot has put up the carp 3 times today so the wage is divided by the hours since it first went up this morning. Notice the sales per hour graph in the first post.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:Good evening! (or is it good morning for you?)

HI! Morning for me! Been awake about 3 hours now.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hackman2007


quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm checking. Let you know when I hear back.



Thank you

Don't you love coming in to chaos?

sefrank84


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefrank84
hackman2007 wrote:
I'm not sure what you guys plan to do to make people "happy" again, but I'm foreseeing a lot of pissed off people and just from reading this thread.



I know a lot of people are frustrated, but I imagine those same people wouldn't be nearly so upset if they were the ones running the business and not selling the bags. It's a lot easier to say Woot should do something when you're on the buying side.

melissah12


quality posts: 1 Private Messages melissah12
bsmith1 wrote:Good evening! (or is it good morning for you?)



Oh, quit sucking up. TT can't help you score an elusive bag o' cookies. ;)

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hackman2007 wrote:Thank you

Don't you love coming in to chaos?

Between that and the name calling, it seems to be my lot in life this week.

What I really love is being blamed for post deletions while I'm sleeping.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bsmith1


quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
melissah12 wrote:Oh, quit sucking up. TT can't help you score an elusive bag o' cookies. ;)



Well, it can't hurt. :D

hackman2007


quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
sefrank84 wrote:I know a lot of people are frustrated, but I imagine those same people wouldn't be nearly so upset if they were the ones running the business and not selling the bags. It's a lot easier to say Woot should do something when you're on the buying side.



I actually agree 100%.

But I still think they should e-mail everyone a simple note apologizing for the server issues/extra orders. It might save them a few customers. But then again, most of the complainers will be back next woot-off/April 1st anyways.

melissah12


quality posts: 1 Private Messages melissah12
bsmith1 wrote:Well, it can't hurt. :D



How true. Never hurts to try. :P

raptor49


quality posts: 1 Private Messages raptor49

Hahahhaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Frustration...I know it well.. Mooooohaha!

Ascended


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Ascended

Any idea why after I tried ordering the first time and it hung on processing it came up and said that I had already used that account for this sale?

Jessara


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
ThunderThighs wrote:Evening all. I'm just starting up for the night but I checked into this. Seems that the server got stuck on the Bunnies Ogling Carrots and wouldn't turn over to the new product. Developers were called in to fix the problem. I blame the same jerk server that's caused problems the last 2 nights.

So the 13000 sales number was not real. Just the ramblings of one jerk server.



Thanks for the update. It sure made things interesting there for awhile, though. Hardware that wants to create its own reality always panics people, I can't imagine why.

hackman2007


quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
ThunderThighs wrote:Between that and the name calling, it seems to be my lot in life this week.

What I really love is being blamed for post deletions while I'm sleeping.



Yep, I know the feeling.

Good luck tonight1

carpan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages carpan
ThunderThighs wrote:Between that and the name calling, it seems to be my lot in life this week.

What I really love is being blamed for post deletions while I'm sleeping.



Thanks for putting up with us anyway

Berg of Carp- 5/22/12, 3/22/12, 12/25/11, 12/6/11, 10/12/11, 9/14/11, 8/17/11, 7/12/11, 6/15/11, 4/1/11, 12/25/10, 12/1/10, 10/21/10

melissah12


quality posts: 1 Private Messages melissah12
Ascended wrote:Any idea why after I tried ordering the first time and it hung on processing it came up and said that I had already used that account for this sale?



I'm not sure, but did you score a bag this morning? That may be the cause.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hackman2007 wrote:Yep, I know the feeling.

Good luck tonight1

Thanks! I may very well need it. LOL.

Thankfully, thick skin is a job requirement. Mine is getting rather unsightly though.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hackman2007


quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
Ascended wrote:Any idea why after I tried ordering the first time and it hung on processing it came up and said that I had already used that account for this sale?



Did you purchase a Bunnies Ogling Carrots earlier? If so, you are not able to purchase a second.

Otherwise, probably a server glitch.

omh1009


quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
hackman2007 wrote:I actually agree 100%.

But I still think they should e-mail everyone a simple note apologizing for the server issues/extra orders. It might save them a few customers. But then again, most of the complainers will be back next woot-off/April 1st anyways.



Yeah Ape1st will have the remaining 1500 or so bag of today, wrapped in a clunky snail game.
That is going to a treat.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

stele2


quality posts: 3 Private Messages stele2
ThunderThighs wrote:Between that and the name calling, it seems to be my lot in life this week.

What I really love is being blamed for post deletions while I'm sleeping.



Go grab some Starbucks TT. They'll still be here trying to burn the place down when you get back.

hackman2007


quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007

In other news, I think this is the fastest I have seen a thread grow to 38 pages. I don't really keep count though.

jpawmsu


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpawmsu
ThunderThighs wrote:Between that and the name calling, it seems to be my lot in life this week.

What I really love is being blamed for post deletions while I'm sleeping.



and you deleted my comment just now because I questioned your aromatic excuse.

So you put in the description that only 10% would get bags, and low and behold 10% of the 13000 orders get them.

Your excuse on the servers is just that.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stele2 wrote:Go grab some Starbucks TT. They'll still be here trying to burn the place down when you get back.

I don't drink coffee but I am desperately sipping on my Diet Coke.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Ascended


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Ascended
melissah12 wrote:I'm not sure, but did you score a bag this morning? That may be the cause.



No, I tried earlier but never got through. This time I tried and after I hit the big button it went to processing but never finished. I tried ordering again in case it didn't go through but then I got the message about already ordering the item. I thought I that meant I never got a confirmation so I'm just confused now.

theant


quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant
ThunderThighs wrote:Thanks! I may very well need it. LOL.

Thankfully, thick skin is a job requirement. Mine is getting rather unsightly though.



Hey TT... in refrences to my post in deals.woot last night (right before the midnight-offline fun) I saw that woot had the 2-pounds salted caramels on sale. Considered buying a pound for you, but didn't know if you would prefer flowers. That and couldn't figure out how to order half a woot.

hackman2007


quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
jpawmsu wrote:and you deleted my comment just now because I questioned your aromatic excuse.

So you put in the description that only 10% would get bags, and low and behold 10% of the 13000 orders get them.

Your excuse on the servers is just that.



The writers write the write-ups. AFAIK, TT is not a writer. They tend to be sarcastic, so I doubt it was a serious comment.

Orion069


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Orion069
ThunderThighs wrote:I don't drink coffee but I am desperately sipping on my Diet Coke.



No worries mate, just let the good times roll.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, just so nobody freaks out. I'm going to go through the thread and delete the duplicate posts (always happens with the server spikes) and delete the one word posts, profanity, etc. Makes the thread more fun to peruse. I'm also going to spotlight the useful posts like the Tracker link so you can easily find them from the first post in the thread.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theant


quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, just so nobody freaks out. I'm going to go through the thread and delete the duplicate posts (always happens with the server spikes) and delete the one word posts, profanity, etc. Makes the thread more fun to peruse. I'm also going to spotlight the useful posts like the Tracker link so you can easily find them from the first post in the thread.



that sounds like a bit of a chore (grateful, but still a chore) . . . on average how long does something like that take you?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jpawmsu wrote:and you deleted my comment just now because I questioned your aromatic excuse.

So you put in the description that only 10% would get bags, and low and behold 10% of the 13000 orders get them.

Your excuse on the servers is just that.

Yes, you are right. We absolutely plan and plot ways to jerk around our customers so we can laugh at it while reading the threads. In no way have the trials of this week been due to catastrophic server malfunctions. We enjoy loosing over 18 hours of sales. It makes our day. We're already planning the ways to mess with you guys next month.





FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

theant wrote:that sounds like a bit of a chore (grateful, but still a chore) . . . on average how long does something like that take you?

Hour or more since a lot of people post pretty close to the words (only 300?) and I have to keep scrolling up and down to see if they're duplicates. I wills say that I get a bit more willy-nilly after the 30th "Only 300?" post. I mean how many do you really need?



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Orion069


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Orion069
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, you are right. We absolutely plan and plot ways to jerk around our customers so we can laugh at it while reading the threads. In no way have the trials of this week been due to catastrophic server malfunctions. We enjoy loosing over 18 hours of sales. It makes our day. We're already planning the ways to mess with you guys next month.



I love your sarcasm.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

theant wrote:Hey TT... in refrences to my post in deals.woot last night (right before the midnight-offline fun) I saw that woot had the 2-pounds salted caramels on sale. Considered buying a pound for you, but didn't know if you would prefer flowers. That and couldn't figure out how to order half a woot.



I have missed those things EVERY time. They always come up while I'm sleeping. I've decided that I shouldn't have the chocolate anyway. I'm not fooling myself though.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tabaddon


quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, you are right. We absolutely plan and plot ways to jerk around our customers so we can laugh at it while reading the threads. In no way have the trials of this week been due to catastrophic server malfunctions. We enjoy loosing over 18 hours of sales. It makes our day. We're already planning the ways to mess with you guys next month.



I love you. Deep breaths, and good luck tonight.


ETA: PS: Feel free to delete this post. Hit that delete button extra hard. ; )

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

wasserkapf


quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
ThunderThighs wrote:HI! Morning for me! Been awake about 3 hours now.



So, are you the night watchman, or is that nice watch women?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wasserkapf wrote:So, are you the night watchman, or is that nice watch women?



As a friend once replied, "I haz boobies!"

Woman. Yep. Every night.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theant


quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant
ThunderThighs wrote:Hour or more since a lot of people post pretty close to the words (only 300?) and I have to keep scrolling up and down to see if they're duplicates. I wills say that I get a bit more willy-nilly after the 30th "Only 300?" post. I mean how many do you really need?



OK... next time I promise to use all my physic powers to make a box of salted caramels appear before you. That and an extra 3-day weekend for all the woot employees (specifically the IT and customer service departments)

mikebbass


quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, you are right. We absolutely plan and plot ways to jerk around our customers so we can laugh at it while reading the threads. In no way have the trials of this week been due to catastrophic server malfunctions. We enjoy loosing over 18 hours of sales. It makes our day. We're already planning the ways to mess with you guys next month.



Yeah next your going to try to tell me we really landed on the moon, that JFK was shot by one man, and that woot really is run by Santa, the Easter bunny, hannah Harry and 3 leprechauns

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

    1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

    theant


    quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant
    mikebbass wrote:Yeah next your going to try to tell me we really landed on the moon, that JFK was shot by one man, and that woot really is run by Santa, the Easter bunny, hannah Harry and 3 leprechauns



    sounds right to me... I believe anything I read.