thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick
bsmith1 wrote:I got one! You know what else I just noticed? It was my 100th woot! Black box for me! Ch-yeah!

Nice!

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
scorp21103 wrote:The total Woots is stalled at 13252. If they actually ship that many, I think we will be getting a plastic grocery bag with three more inside them. Or maybe just four bags of Texas air.

Cracker Jack prizes. The modern ones, like "fun facts" and paper folding, not the good ones from when I was a kid in the '60s and '70s.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

ypmhammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ypmhammer

Just gotta say - I've been on here longer than some, not as long as others - I've missed out on Bunnies Ogling Carrots 's but today I landed one finally.

I just think we're pretty fortunate that the biggest disappointments for some of us is that we missed out on a Bunnies Ogling Carrots . We're fortunate people.

dmanpp616

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmanpp616

still more chances to get one. i wonder if it will be going tomorrow. April 1 is just around the corner also.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
YakkoRex wrote:At NOON! On a WORK DAY! Does nobody at Woot have any consideration for people who work for a living?

I'm begging now. Please, please please pleeeeeeeeeease may we have a Bunnies Ogling Carrots that happen AFTER the workday is done? Like in the evening? PLEASE??????

Pssssstttt.....

That's what they're DOING this time. (In other words, stay tuned!) And even so, there are those (others) who are beetching anyway.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

jpawmsu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpawmsu

ever notice certain people dont post within even a few minutes of each other? Kinda that you never see Peter Parker and Spiderman at the same time thing?

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick
TJFoxxxx wrote:Thing is, I was able to click on the buy button. Then you said you were out. I was disappointed. Then you brought up another Bunnies Ogling Carrots

Which means that you weren't out. Which means that you guys are liars.

No. It means that the amount they allocated for that part of the sale ran out. They are selling them in batches to avoid the server outages. That they have been offered 4 times today means this should be somewhat obvious.

This is not the first time woot has tried a batch style crap sale. I'd say this went smoother in general than the others, but there are still obvious issues with the coding.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
rotflol wrote:Offering multiple opportunities to get a BOC in the same woot-off...

Pros:
- Wooters watching all day get more chances. (And I finally got one!)
- Wooters who can only watch at certain times of day may still get a chance.
- It's just fun!

Cons:
- Each time the crap comes up the angry people become more angry. In fact, I believe they have crossed into angsty. Perhaps some even storming straight into a full temper tantrum.

It always amazes me just how upset people get about not getting a BOC, like they were intentionally cheated out of something they were entitled to. Sure I get disappointed but oh well, there is always next time and following the threads are still fun. There are always server issues and in the end it's all the luck of when you click versus everyone else. Just enjoy the ride and hope it works out next time.

I get it, is like playing an online shooter and keep getting fragged by some 12 year old with a better connection. Sometimes so much that you become convinced that they are cheating.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
ypmhammer wrote:Just gotta say - I've been on here longer than some, not as long as others - I've missed out on Bunnies Ogling Carrots#39;s but today I landed one finally.

I just think we're pretty fortunate that the biggest disappointments for some of us is that we missed out on a Bunnies Ogling Carrots We're fortunate people.

This! (And, congrats.)

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

denela

quality posts: 2 Private Messages denela

Maybe this year's April Fool's Day event will be a non-event, and just another roomba/Dyson/hp desktop/ianything. One day, one deal.

ReginaFilangee

melissah12 wrote:So sorry to see ya go. Not really. Just being honest...

Howdy there! Long time, no see....
You're looking especially lovely this evening, m'dear, I must say!
(And no....I'm only into those creatures with naturally occurring appendages dangling between their legs, so don't take that compliment the wrong way.)

jpawmsu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpawmsu
denela wrote:Maybe this year's April Fool's Day event will be a non-event, and just another roomba/Dyson/hp desktop/ianything. One day, one deal.

God I hope so, it would be epic to see what the fanboys posted if that happened

TJFoxxxx

quality posts: 12 Private Messages TJFoxxxx
ReginaFilangee wrote:And it doesn't sound to me like they "messed up" your order either time. They RAN OUT OF THE ALLOTTED QUANTITY between the time you clicked the button (along with thousands of other hopeful purchasers) and the time your order actually fell into its place in line. It's a pretty simple concept, actually.

I ordered a quantity of three of the item in question. I only received one. I WAS CHARGED FOR ALL THREE. They only sent a partial order of one to correct it. It actually is simple. They messed up twice in the same order.

darkelfz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages darkelfz

WooT !! I have to say I really like the way you did this woot off with the Bunnies Ogling Carrots. I got a lot of errors but many is it so much fun not knowing when one will pop up and guessing if there will be more. Keeps you even more glued to your computer!!!!

Thanks for changing it up !!!!

Also I was able to grab a Bunnies Ogling Carrots!

ftjoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ftjoe
omh1009 wrote:I get it, is like playing an online shooter and keep getting fragged by some 12 year old with a better connection. Sometimes so much that you become convinced that they are cheating.

Actually - they're just better than us...

melissah12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melissah12
ReginaFilangee wrote:Howdy there! Long time, no see....
You're looking especially lovely this evening, m'dear, I must say!
(And no....I'm only into those creatures with naturally occurring appendages dangling between their legs, so don't take that compliment the wrong way.)

Hello, there! I've been extremely busy with my last semester at school, kids, and work, that I have been letting my fun with woot slide unfortunately. But, with all of the fun randomness tonight, I decided I couldn't pass up the forums tonight!!! I am really happy to see you are still on here. I have alot of fun with you! And don't think I believe that crap about the whole appendage thing... I KNOW why you REALLY miss me...

wallsg

mrktshop wrote:Got through the whole process and still don't know if I got it. It doesn't show up in my account. And to the person who said he/she's spent $580 on woot...that isn't anything my friend. I don't even want to think about what I've spent. If I get it, I get it, if not no big deal. It usually is crap, it's just the excitement of getting one.

Yeah. This is the second thing I bought on Woot! They say Scarlett Johansson could stretch out on it diagonally but I haven't had the opportunity to put that to the test.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

omh1009

dr33m3r wrote:So now you have two. Email them again and explain the situation. You need to be patient. I am sorry to inform you but the world (or even woot for that matter) doesn't revolve around you. And once more I say- Fine. If you don't like the site, leave and go have a pity party elsewhere. Or eat a bucket of ice cream. Or whatever you do but there's no reason to act as though you're a small child and continue to throw a hissy fit here.

just let'em be angry, is their blood pressure let them pop a vessel or 2. Their restating the same thing over and over every time they get quoted. Ignore them and maybe it will all stop.

ReginaFilangee

jpawmsu wrote:people who get really upset over people posting that they are upset with a company have even bigger issues with life that they need to work on.

If you have complaints with the company, you need to EMAIL THEM and TELL THEM....not interrupt the rest of us who understand that it's a game and want to keep playing without being interrupted with the constant whining of a toddler or adolescent with a self-entitlement complex. Take your marbles, go home, and let the rest of us continue to play, thank you. (And this is coming from someone who has WON....which is what it is; no one is "entitled" to a Bunnies Ogling Carrots purchase....exactly 2---that's TWO---times in over 6 years. I don't whine about it....I just continue to PLAY THE GAME...because it's FUN.) Stop spoiling the fun for the rest of us just cuz you didn't get your way. Tantrums get no respect from me (or most people)---that makes US the normal ones, actually.

melissah12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melissah12
melissah12 wrote:Hello, there! I've been extremely busy with my last semester at school, kids, and work, that I have been letting my fun with woot slide unfortunately. But, with all of the fun randomness tonight, I decided I couldn't pass up the forums tonight!!! I am really happy to see you are still on here. I have alot of fun with you! And don't think I believe that crap about the whole appendage thing... I KNOW why you REALLY miss me...

Wish I could fool around with ya tonight, but I have work in the morning, soooo, I'm signing off. I'll catch up with ya if not this Saturday night, then next? Have a good one sweetie!!! ;)

captmeach7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages captmeach7
wallsg wrote:Yeah. This is the second thing I bought on Woot! They say Scarlett Johansson could stretch out on it diagonally but I haven't had the opportunity to put that to the test.

I have, but she overlapped a bit....

rosedude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rosedude

Scored a Bag of Carp
After four years of trying.
Now I can slleep well.

ReginaFilangee

jpawmsu wrote:ever notice certain people dont post within even a few minutes of each other? Kinda that you never see Peter Parker and Spiderman at the same time thing?

Oooooooo.....I smell a conspiracy-theorist!!!! Who do you suspect is whom, pray tell?

crktfrog

quality posts: 9 Private Messages crktfrog

best wootoff would be some crap followed by some flying monkeys...if this be the end

wallsg

Jessara wrote:Don't forget the servers who tried to strike a blow for Electronic Freedom. The movement's motto is 'Electronics Untie! You Have Nothing to Lose But Your Cords!'

I'm more worried about the CL4P-TP Robolution.

Game Over

ftjoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ftjoe
tabaddon wrote:No problem. I wanted an excuse to use that link.

Consider it appreciated and stolen...

ReginaFilangee

TJFoxxxx wrote:I ordered a quantity of three of the item in question. I only received one. I WAS CHARGED FOR ALL THREE. They only sent a partial order of one to correct it. It actually is simple. They messed up twice in the same order.

I bet that every time you go through a drive-thru fast food place you get EXACTLY what is ordered, too??? This ain't Neiman-Marcus. Read the "what is woot?" link (conveniently located ON THIS VERY PAGE, in the upper right-hand corner.) I've been a customer since 2005, and have had only RARE mistakes on my orders, all of which were rectified immediately to my satisfaction (even to the point of a full refund with instructions to keep the product.)

It sounds to me like Woot is simply not the place for you to shop, and that you'd be happier elsewhere. Buh-bye. That leaves more of the good and fun stuff for the REST OF US, WHO LIKE THIS SITE.

alanisrox69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alanisrox69

scored one!

initially it was saying order is NOT in, but kept trying and bam! Order is IN!

yay!

here's to hoping for a new netbook for my European trip in June

fldeals

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fldeals

YAY! Another chance for everyone to score!!

omh1009

there it is again!!!!!
grab it!!!!!

appledude9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages appledude9

Finally snagged one today... thanks Woot! I like this new system of staggering them. Much more exciting!

threat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages threat

Ugh, account already purchased one? I would have gotten one too

Bunnies Ogling Carrots Count: 1 :'(

YakkoRex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YakkoRex
cappo wrote:They had it at three different times today (not counting the misfires) but lumped them all into one chat thread.

Really! That gives me hope that I still have a chance...

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!?!?!

renatuslives

quality posts: 11 Private Messages renatuslives

Yay! After erroring out on all of the other today I finally got mine!

wallsg

Back on, BTW. Got the error that I already had one.

Game Over

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

SCORE! Finally got one!

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe

Well I'm getting the your account has already purchased this message...so maybe it actually went through.

bill0405

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bill0405

Finally after about 30 tries today I get one!

alhudson66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alhudson66

Got one earlier, and thought I was about to get a second one, but it told me I already bought one in this sale. Guess I didn't need to stay up this late after all.