AerodexdotCom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AerodexdotCom

Well Crapola... I ordered, got the usual your order is in reply.

Now when I look at my account, it does not show the BofC added to the top of my long list of previous orders.

A

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg

OK, TT. Now just remember that the number of the counting shall be (at least) Three. Do not count to Two unless thou precedest on to (at least) Three.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

buzzy3814

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzzy3814
sachmet wrote:The new tracker is available at the usual place.

Good catch to all that got one!

THAT SUCKS,I GOTTA LEARN HOW TO DO THIS.....ANY HELP

louis maria

buzzy3814

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzzy3814

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW THIS WORKS

louis maria

jneilstanley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jneilstanley

I'm a little late to the party, but I seeing as I got one of the original 300, it's only appropriate to say:

THIS...IS....SPARTA...

And a big shout out to Big Ol' Cougar number three!

xsuspencex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xsuspencex

finally got my first one! Cant wait to see what crap I get

TOTAL WOOTS=16
Bunnies Ogling Carrots=1
3/22/12-Barrel of Crops

lizbeth374

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizbeth374
xsuspencex wrote:finally got my first one! Cant wait to see what crap I get

congrats!

4/1/13, 3/22/12, 5/11/11, 4/1/11, 8/20/10, 3/26/10, 5/15/09

Double0doug

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Double0doug

I still have two foot flush things left over from a bag I got last summer. Not sure what to do with them since installing them isn't really an option with two toddlers.

Here's hoping for equally useful but more usable crap this time!

/Oh BTW if you have a use for said foot flush, click the little envelope icon next to my avatar and we will work something out.

minionofeckerd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages minionofeckerd

This is officially my first Barrel of Crops after five years of Wooting. I'm just really worried that the order is going to be canceled. It is still listed in my account under previous purchases and my bank account was charged.

Is there any chance now of having it canceled?

Double0doug

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Double0doug
minionofeckerd wrote:This is officially my first Barrel of Crops after five years of Wooting. I'm just really worried that the order is going to be canceled. It is still listed in my account under previous purchases and my bank account was charged.

Is there any chance now of having it canceled?

There is always a chance; if it does, just let it go man.

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf

Woohoo! Its morning, and my Bag of Crap is still listed on my account page!

It was real! It wasn't a dream!

minionofeckerd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages minionofeckerd
Double0doug wrote:There is always a chance; if it does, just let it go man.

Haha, I know. I'm still under the belief that it was an error and I'm not getting one. But as more and more time passes, I want to believe more and more that I'll receive my shipping confirmation...

alkaloid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alkaloid

THREE B of C in one day?!? I think Woot is trying to fool all of us all-day Woot-watch watchers or something.

Yes, Woot, I DO work from home! Muhahahahaha!

On another note, this one went away quickly, but #2 failed on all three of my computers. Boo.

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass

Nice work TT cleaning up the posts, you knocked out a few pages.

Now has all the complaining stopped so we can get to the good stuff? Bring on the lol cats, memes, and for Pete's sake don't forget Chuck Norris...because won't forget you!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

crktfrog

quality posts: 9 Private Messages crktfrog
alkaloid wrote:THREE B of C in one day?!? I think Woot is trying to fool all of us all-day Woot-watch watchers or something.

Yes, Woot, I DO work from home! Muhahahahaha!

On another note, this one went away quickly, but #2 failed on all three of my computers. Boo.

3? I believe there were 5 sales. You missed 2 other chances. =) Can someone else confirm?

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
crktfrog wrote:3? I believe there were 5 sales. You missed 2 other chances. =) Can someone else confirm?

I also count 5. The only one I missed entirely was the last one, but I got mine in the 4th round, so it didn't matter.

houndlax

quality posts: 2 Private Messages houndlax

Man, Tough to get through.
Was away from the computer, come back to see it just sittin there, in all it's glory.
Fools Gold!
Order placed. Order denied.
Booo.

I'm going back to my pathetic life.

mikebbass

My wife tried to get one for the first time yesterday, even though she failed like a deadite in an S-Mart, she has taken the first step, and once you start down the dark path forever will woot dominate your destiny.

1. Bags Of Crap
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

codex

quality posts: 9 Private Messages codex
mikebbass wrote:My wife tried to get one for the first time yesterday, even though she failed like a deadite in an S-Mart, she has taken the first step, and once you start down the dark path forever will woot dominate your destiny.

This week, on "will it rain?": METAPHORS!

Edit: Huh? The censorbots don't like 'b1end"?

My work here is done. Pedant-man, AWAAYYY!!!

rhmurphy

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rhmurphy
ThunderThighs wrote:The developer looked into a few specific cases and they all had multiple attempts at ordering to day (22 in one case!). I'm sure many of these happened during the 7:30 sale when it stayed up longer than it should.

He says the message you are seeing caused by users submitting orders over and over again, be it with multiple tabs, multiple browsers, multiple computers, etc.

That describes me to a "T". For the 10:00 sale, I was hitting the ridiculously large button on two computers and my Android tablet; on one computer, I had Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer open, all with multiple tabs.

But, I did get through!

ThunderThighs wrote:I hope this helps explain some of the message y'all were seeing today.

Thanks for the info. It's good to know what's causing things to go wrong so I can avoid causing myself unnecessary problems.

Woot! Now 100+ woots for me!
That's 87 woots (Including Twelve Bats On Crack!), 12 Sellout.woots, 8 wine.woots and 4 kids.woots, and finally, 2 shirt.woots!

Sparksterchan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sparksterchan

I hope Woot splits up the sale of Bunnies Ogling Carrots in future Woot-offs. I wasn't able to sit and watch yesterday, but twice I loaded the site and the bag was up. To have had two chances to get my second bag was pretty awesome (even if I really had no chance because everyone had clogged the servers by the time I saw the bag... XD).

mikebbass

Sparksterchan wrote:I hope Woot splits up the sale of Bunnies Ogling Carrots in future Woot-offs. I wasn't able to sit and watch yesterday, but twice I loaded the site and the bag was up. To have had two chances to get my second bag was pretty awesome (even if I really had no chance because everyone had clogged the servers by the time I saw the bag... XD).

I agree it made the entire wootoff much more fun and unpredictable (RANDOM!!!)

1. Bags Of Crap
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain

Yay! Scored the Bragging Oxford Cad!

I wonder if it will work with my Mac™?

lotusstp

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lotusstp

It was surreal... though I think they may have done it that way as some sort of a server stress test. A woot-off can be sort of a benign LOIC...

mikebbass wrote:I agree it made the entire wootoff much more fun and unpredictable (RANDOM!!!)

ellevee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellevee

I got one. I GOT ONE!

It wasn't here when I shut down last night. I told DH that it was nice that people who've never been able to get one before got one yesterday, kind of sad that I didn't, but I've gotten them before.

But it's in my account this morning! What a nice surprise!

wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern
Sparksterchan wrote:I hope Woot splits up the sale of Bunnies Ogling Carrots in future Woot-offs.

I agree. Despite the hiccup at the 7:00-bag (well, actually, it was more of a full body heave) it was still tons more fun than the usual waiting around 'til c.1:00-4:00pm & then vomiting out 3000 bags of fun. Think of it this way, woot! was able to ferment whine throughout the day instead of just making one large batch.

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
Sparksterchan wrote:I hope Woot splits up the sale of Bunnies Ogling Carrots in future Woot-offs. I wasn't able to sit and watch yesterday, but twice I loaded the site and the bag was up. To have had two chances to get my second bag was pretty awesome (even if I really had no chance because everyone had clogged the servers by the time I saw the bag... XD).

I agree as well.

People are extremely pissed this time because of the server issues. But I think once the server issues are ironed out, a lot more people will be happy. There is a possibility people will still try to hammer the servers trying to score more than one, but I imagine that happens anyways with people that have multiple computers (two accounts).

GuardianBob

quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
BigRedDogATL wrote:I was able to get one this time, which I think is the forth or fifth bag of the day. It actually finished processing and I got an email confirmation.

All I can say is that this is the strangest Woot-Off ever.

Not by a long shot.

Years ago, April 1st, Black and Decker batteries and BOCs were the only things offered. Seriously.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/Default.aspx?p=380

mikebbass

GuardianBob wrote:Not by a long shot.

Years ago, April 1st, Black and Decker batteries and BOCs were the only things offered. Seriously.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/Default.aspx?p=380

that was a fun one. I think I got one of those.

1. Bags Of Crap
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

GuardianBob

mikebbass wrote:that was a fun one. I think I got one of those.

The pictures were awesome.

For that one, I got in line in the first group, so the server wouldn't let me buy as part of the second group.

That's why I think they disabled waiting in line, causing the "no lines" error this time around.

blkh2bio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blkh2bio

I dunno how, but I managed to score my second Benefits of Carrollton on my phone (iPhone 3GS) of all devices (take that iPhone 4S). I received tracking info last night, and I hope that Woot continues to multi-crap in the future.

GuardianBob

blkh2bio wrote:I dunno how, but I managed to score my second Benefits of Carrollton on my phone (iPhone 3GS) of all devices (take that iPhone 4S). I received tracking info last night, and I hope that Woot continues to multi-crap in the future.

Mainly because all the trigger happy Woot-off watchers tried to get one while the server was having a problem. They didn't persist, so once the server was fixed, those on slower connections had a shot at it.

bjmcrawford

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjmcrawford
hackman2007 wrote:There is a possibility people will still try to hammer the servers trying to score more than one, but I imagine that happens anyways with people that have multiple computers (two accounts).

I think a lot of us who were hammering the servers - and I know I'm in that category - did it simply because we didn't get confirmation for some time after the order went through. As soon as I got my email, I stopped trying to get one - and I got the email at about 8:35 Eastern time, after it had been up for at least half an hour, maybe 45 minutes.

I think quicker confirmation emails - if possible - would have eased a lot of the pressure on the system. I never got the regular confirmation (though I did have one time, probably the successful one, where the confirmation applet failed to load very early on).

yipon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yipon

Thought I had finally done it, got the confirmation screen and all, yet today seems it didn't really happen, no confirmation e-mail not in the list of my account activity

baqui63

quality posts: 8 Private Messages baqui63
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, I've been trading email back and forth with the developers and customer service about the message some of you are seeing ...

In regards to the "no order lines" error during the 11:30 sale, that was an error in our system that was fixed and did not occur again today.

I hope this helps explain some of the message y'all were seeing today.

Thank you. That explains the problem I had (which eventually went away after I tried changing a bunch of things... I'd probably ordered 20 or 30 Barrels of Creosote by that time... woot is the only site where I click submit more that once (sometimes over 200 times).

BTW- Add my voice (well, post) to those who prefer the multi-bag format to dumping them all at once.

darktide00

quality posts: 4 Private Messages darktide00

Monkeys, random Bunnies Ogling Carrots#39;s, Woot is officially back!! Thank you for a great time yesterday!!!!

I told you not to bother me while I'm cleaning my Room!

kevlarklh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevlarklh

Oh, seven looong years of service, buying other crap here and what do i get NO Bunnies Ogling Carrots for me. Damn it, WooT!

djaudible

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djaudible

Got my email this morning that I got one. I tried for 5 and got one. I'm happy, been trying for about 5 years

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
bjmcrawford wrote:I think a lot of us who were hammering the servers - and I know I'm in that category - did it simply because we didn't get confirmation for some time after the order went through. As soon as I got my email, I stopped trying to get one - and I got the email at about 8:35 Eastern time, after it had been up for at least half an hour, maybe 45 minutes.

I think quicker confirmation emails - if possible - would have eased a lot of the pressure on the system. I never got the regular confirmation (though I did have one time, probably the successful one, where the confirmation applet failed to load very early on).

I was in that category as well. But I am referring to future Bunnies Ogling Carrots offerings. Splitting them up is a good thing, but people will naturally try to "game" the system and get more than one.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

Ok this was a good test.
The "spread out" approach to the bag:

+Keeps people interested in the rest of the woot-off.
+The short woot-off(one day) format is less stressful on the body.
+The bag, although still a challenge to obtain, with several small recurrences through out the day gives different time zones a fairer shake.

In my opinion this was a good run. Improvement is necessary in the delivery of notifications of successful purchases. Ideally the confirmation page will load properly and not hang on the "processing" page.

If this still isn't possible, then confirmation e-mail should be delivered before the next batch of crap is put up for sell.

To complete the formula, we also must help. We know we can't buy more than one per account, don't clog the system by trying to buy again in the same account. It won't work, and if for some freaky reason it goes through it will be cancelled.

Woot scientist blamed a lot of the problems on multi-tabs ordering frenzies; I don't see that stopping with all the times people went through the whole order process and getting stuck in the "order processing" page just to get the "your order is NOT in" message (if you ever get it).

So great move on the short woot-off, Excellent on the spread out bags. This curves the "please buy 3" and "Take one for the team" whining that plagues the forum during the 3 day woot-offs.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.