firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
ophelia422 wrote:I didn't even get the tea, so you're one up on me.

But you got a shirt that's not infant sized. lol

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

Ok! I finally got the rest of the box into the house (Thanks Dad)! Here's my haul:

1 Barbie Back pack (the most soul crushing item in the box).
1 Life Choices in Womens Large. (Too small for me, I'm a total fatty.
1 Primula flowering tea 12 tea assortment (I wish I had gotten more)!
1 Duracell Instant USB charger (it has the battery, but its missing everything else. I wonder who got the other parts? I'd love to use the thing)!
1 Knight Flight Batman Helicopter (Thank god I don't have kids! This is all mine, and if a 24 year old woman playing with this is wrong I don't want to be right).

And last, but not least...

*Drumroll*

1 Audio Unlimited 2.4GHz Wireless In/Outdoor Stereo Speaker Speaker - 20 Watt !

I haven't opened the box yet to know if everythings there, it looks like it was opened and taped shut again.

I didn't even know such a thing existed, and I didn't realize how bad I needed something like this poolside to jam to my ipod while I swim and not have to worry about it if I leave it outside. No cords to electrocute myself either! I hope everything is in the box, thanks woot!!!!!!

GuardianBob

quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob

Well, since earlier, guard cat has been patrolling the bathroom and staring down his nemesis.

rotflol

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rotflol
GuardianBob wrote:Well, since earlier, guard cat has been patrolling the bathroom and staring down his nemesis.

This series of pictures is seriously hilarious.

[hello]

dabills22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dabills22

The crap is here! The crap is here!

I'm extremely happy with my load! I got:

1x University Wikipedius shirt [WL]

1x Kuhn Rikon Apple Slicer & Corer

1x Cuisinart Nylon Spoon

1x Black Duffel Bag

1x R+B 77-piece Flatware for 12

and..

1x IOGEAR Wireless Bluetooth Audio Transport

My sister just paid the deposit for her first apartment so the flatware is perfect!
Thanks again Woot! You guys are amazing.

hagbard78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagbard78

Well, as expected, I got one of the bottom valued hauls. Label on box officially says 1 lb, and here I thought it was just stuck on a placeholder. Apparently they gotta keep it light to save costs when shipping out to Oregon. :P

2x primula teas
1x pop-up sprinkler
1x purple flowery gwen's nest bag
2x bug zapper racquets
1x iGo in-car charger
and 4x tabletop tripods (to go with the 7 others I've already received in previous Bags)

Oh well, I haven't let the previous ones discourage me, I won't let this one either!

Thanks again!

JazCat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JazCat

Got my Basket of Cats today and it was pretty nice. No cats, I keep hoping, but still pretty nice.

Small Black Bag
2 Expired cans of Earl Gray Flowering Teas
Reusable Leak Proof Food Container
iGo Car Charger
Bug Zapper
A Wise Investment Childs Small T-Shirt
Baywatch Barbie Backpack
Large box of Locking Storage containers

jazcat

alexdotlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexdotlee

Well, I sure hope I also get a Blackberry like that other guy, since my iPhone just decided to break for no reason.

Thank you Apple, for once again proving your customer service sucks.

lildroopie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lildroopie

hagbard78 wrote:Well, as expected, I got one of the bottom valued hauls. Label on box officially says 1 lb, and here I thought it was just stuck on a placeholder. Apparently they gotta keep it light to save costs when shipping out to Oregon. :P

2x primula teas
1x pop-up sprinkler
1x purple flowery gwen's nest bag
2x bug zapper racquets
1x iGo in-car charger
and 4x tabletop tripods (to go with the 7 others I've already received in previous Bags)

Oh well, I haven't let the previous ones discourage me, I won't let this one either!

Thanks again!

----------------------------------
I got the same thing. GO WOOT!!

Rick Hernandez

brandie346

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brandie346
alexdotlee wrote:Well, I sure hope I also get a Blackberry like that other guy, since my iPhone just decided to break for no reason.

Thank you Apple, for once again proving your customer service sucks.

:cough: girl :cough:

Wait... what?

lunadust12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12
GuardianBob wrote:Well, since earlier, guard cat has been patrolling the bathroom and staring down his nemesis.

The vacuum may need a bodyguard. There is murder in that cat's eyes.

alexdotlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexdotlee
brandie346 wrote::cough: girl :cough:

I apologize, I was too lazy to go back and find your original post. To correct my last post, I hope that I get a Blackberry just like that other GIRL did. haha

I knew it was only a matter of time before my laziness got the best of me and got me into trouble.

swarmer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages swarmer

1 x Flower Bag
2 x Bug Zappers (Red)
1 x iGo Universal In-Car Charger (no tips)
1 x Pop-up Sprinkler
5 x Tabletop Tripods

Thanks Woot!!!

AH YEAH BOIYEEEEEE

darkelfz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages darkelfz

Mine made it to Kent today. I can only hope it leaves in time for me to get it tomorrow !!! but it is possible it will sit in Kent over the weekend with FedEx.

usty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages usty
holygrailbob wrote:That's 2 craps and 1 bag, you're owed a crap actually.

Are you serious? I figured it's 3 random craps including the duffle bag

brandie346

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brandie346
alexdotlee wrote:I apologize, I was too lazy to go back and find your original post. To correct my last post, I hope that I get a Blackberry just like that other GIRL did. haha

I knew it was only a matter of time before my laziness got the best of me and got me into trouble.

Hehe, no worries!

Wait... what?

afurball

quality posts: 16 Private Messages afurball

My box of Bag & Crap was delivered today and it's T-riffic!

* Tea, Earl Grey, hot. Ok, really it's expired rather than hot but probably still serviceable - 6 containers of 12
    * Tea Maker - 12 oz glass 'personal mug' with infuser + jasmine tea flower
    * T-shirts, 2 WL - Illiterate Rainbow and, to cover all bases, Reading Rocket Ship
    * Tips-not-included iGo car charger
    * Template-included Simple Garden, Herb Garden Kit.
    * Tote Bag, chartreuse
    * Tent, 2-room Mountain Trails(?). No box but I think that's what the big foldy tarpy thing is.

You know...that tent is pretty grubby, almost like it spent time pitched in a dusty warehouse. Wonder if it was hastily thrown into a shipping box as the Colonel's bag assembly crew broke camp??

This round clearly had solid planning and resources. Add in the thoughtfulness shown with several of the bags and this equals Someone's Been Paying Attention...

dmw804

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmw804

I previously posted the contents of my haul. I actually got 3 or 4 items that were useful to me, especially the highest value item, a wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer and the Duracell USB charger.

It was much better than previous hauls I've gotten and for the first time, actually worth more than my $8 investment. I was quite pleased.

Still, I found myself jealous of others and wishing I was one of those lucky ones that got something really good like a vacuum cleaner, roku, camcorder, DVD player, etc.

Then, I've noticed some people only got crap. Real crap. And suddenly, I'm once again happy with what I got despite the fact I have no need for children's items or tiny ladies tee shirts.

But, if Woot! does keep track of such things, please note that I am a single male with cat. I like guy stuff.

No matter what future craps hold in store for me, I am always grateful to have beaten the server crash and the powers that be in selecting what I get..... even if it's crap.

(did I kiss butt okay? and will it help me get something really cool next time?)

GuardianBob

lunadust12 wrote:The vacuum may need a bodyguard. There is murder in that cat's eyes.

Well with the monster vanquished (or at least put away for now) guard cat relaxes.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92
usty wrote:Mine was waiting today. First Bunnies Ogling Carrots I got exactly 3 craps

1x blue duffel bag
1x ladies small zombie bait shirt
1x first play digital drum set.

The drum set is a little beat up, but it did have all parts and is working. New its $50 online so well worth the $8.

That's almost exactly what I got, I wrote customer service a nice note and i'm getting my "missing crap" tomorrow...if you intend to do this...include the following:
portal reference
lol cat
chuck norris
and finally the words "thank", "you", "Woot" and pineapple...

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

RebelTaz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages RebelTaz

So we got our 3.9 pounder today:

1 x Navy Blue Duffel Bag
1 x Pop-up Sprinkler (standard fare it seems)
3 x Tabletop Tripods
1 x Primula Earl Grey Black Tea Flowering Tea
1 x "Marsupial In My Pocket" T-Shirt (small)

First, this box is much better than the past several we've gotten. Not as great as other's, but...

The duffel bag is nice. I was needing a new one, anyway. Now I can retire my 20 year old bag! The universal charger and two of the three tripods will go nicely on Listia.com I'll give the other tripod a try for taking auction photos. We LOVE our hot tea at night, and we had the Flowering Tea in a previous Crap, so we are familiar with this and thoroughly enjoy it. Didn't even bother to check the expiration date. Didn't even know tea HAD an expiration date! I never check expiration dates on food anyway. If it's good, it's good. The date is only a suggestion, not a magic date on which the item suddenly switches from good to poisonous I don't know WHAT we're gonna do with that freaking sprinkler. Dumbest idea EVER! Oh, and the t-shirt... it's really cute, and my girlfriend loves it - if only it weren't sized for a kid!

All in all we're happy.

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering

Just an FYI that these bug zapper racquets really work! I had just put some batteries in one tonight and was looking around for something with many legs to vanquish, when an 8-legged monster crawling across my couch (ew!) caught my eye. My husband whacked it with the racquet, and we actually saw a spark! The poor little disgusting creature shriveled up and is no more.

Oh, and, er, by the way... don't press on the racquet with your finger to see if it works on humans because, well, it, um, might zap you too. Not that I know this from experience or anything. Not at all. And I certainly wouldn't know that your finger can be numb for up to 5 minutes afterward should you be so brave (read: stupid).

badger65

quality posts: 12 Private Messages badger65

Got mine. It was a 7.8lb...

First, Woot, since 2005 when I joined, I have had a great time reading your descriptions and sharing with others. I remember back to the second most popular thing you offered, the BBOS. They went almost as fast as the Bras of Cindy Crawford. I just want to say thank you for years of fun and laughter.

So...

I received:
-Black bag
-Waterproof tablet bag
-Medium kids shirt with pie and silverware
-Pet blanket
-Tape measure - just had to throw one away yay!
-HDMI cable, new
-Laptop cooler
-Foot Flush
-and for the addiction I have, a wonderful and beautiful Smith & Wesson Cree 7 Flashlight. It is in a beautiful case with lanyard, pouch and batteries. Works like a champ.

I could not be any happier! Thank you so much Colonel Crap and the Woot staff. You guys are awesome! I hope the Easter bunny is as good to you as you were to me. I am still holding out for the iTouch or a tablet, but if we don't have something to look forward to, then well...

Happy Easter and remember the reason for this day!

God Bless!

NinjaDogg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NinjaDogg

That had to have been the longest afternoon of waiting ever!

Finally, I got to open my first woot! Random crap. Here's what I got, in no particular order:

1x fun foot flush
1x pop-up lawn sprinkler
1x red bug zapper raquet
1x blue bug zapper raquet
1x pet blanket
1x Jimmy Johnson NASCAR Speed Board
1x size-3X plain blue shirt
1x box of assorted Band-Aids in random colors/designs
1x black-masked woot! monkey
1x black duffel bag
1x Magic Draw: drawing pad, magic pen, 2 stencils

and......

1x Jamba Juice Smoothie and Ice Pop Maker --- I can't believe this thing runs on 4 C batteries!!!

Thanks woot!

usty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages usty
sellbuyer92 wrote:That's almost exactly what I got, I wrote customer service a nice note and i'm getting my "missing crap" tomorrow...if you intend to do this...include the following:
portal reference
lol cat
chuck norris
and finally the words "thank", "you", "Woot" and pineapple...

I've sent off an email to the Woot Customer service - thanks for the info!

RNLori

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RNLori
GuardianBob wrote:Well with the monster vanquished (or at least put away for now) guard cat relaxes.

What a beautiful cat! I have 4 rescue pets and a foster too. I volunteer 3 days a week in a rescue, and bring in so much fluff on the way to the laundry room.I have to vacuum 2-3 times a week and they all freak,even my 2 dogs. I got a Dyson, and the dogs were OK with it, since it is quieter. Cats saw it as a new Satan, but they did watch from behind corners, instead of under the beds! It worked great, for 5 minutes, then made a huge grinding noise, and it won't suck, which really sucks!

I have to admit I am jealous of the LG vacs that went out. Let us know if it's good with pet hair, since I am sending my Dyson back

Congrats on the great haul!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

NinjaDogg wrote:
and......

1x Jamba Juice Smoothie and Ice Pop Maker --- I can't believe this thing runs on 4 C batteries!!!

Thanks woot!

Did you ever read the first write-up for the Jamba Juice? It's a must read. A+

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

swifijon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swifijon
RebelTaz wrote:So we got our 3.9 pounder today:

1 x Navy Blue Duffel Bag
1 x Pop-up Sprinkler (standard fare it seems)
3 x Tabletop Tripods
1 x Primula Earl Grey Black Tea Flowering Tea
1 x "Marsupial In My Pocket" T-Shirt (small)

So close to being bag twins. My 3.8 pounder basically just had a t-shirt with a whale that says Why am I here? on it. Only difference.

Gionot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gionot

My Barrel of Crops arrived today and has been safely tucked away to wait for my son's birthday in June. I've been avoiding this discussion so I can try to mitigate the expectation that the crap will be grand, or the fear that it will be...um...well, crap.

However, I'm a little nervous about the strong coconut odor emanating from the box. Sure hope something in there didn't break and spill!

I'll be back in June to compare "my" haul with what everyone else has posted. Will probably be pretty lonely here by then.

ranqor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ranqor

3.9 lbs

My First Basket of Crabs! Not too bad

1x Baywatch Barbie Backpack (My daughter loves it!)
3x Tabletop Tripods
1x Popup Sprinkler
1x iGo Car charger (without the interchangeable tips)
1x Flowering Tea (I think these are pretty neat!)
1x The Screaming Woman Shirt

johnjagz28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnjagz28

Well it has been awhile and i won 2 of them and nothing. This is why i stopped shopping woot. There prices are high and this is the third time i won a Bunnies Ogling Carrots And never got it.

Dear johnjagz28,

It has come to the attention of the field team for Col. Crap that you are alleging that you never received crap that you allegedly purchased. However, in searching our vast records storehouse, we can find no such record of a purchase to your account name, personal name, nor address.

Are you sure you are recalling this purchase correctly or was it a dream in which you longed so for the Bunnies Ogling Carrots, you thought it was real?

Please accept our sympathy for your unsuccessful attempts at Bunnies Ogling Carrots glory and may the fruit fly of happiness hover over you during its next appearance.

Sincerely,

PVT G. R. Bagé

iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter x 2
BellSouth 2 Way Wristwatch Communicator-2 Pack
Screaming Monkey with Green Woot Cape
Pinnacle PCTV Pro USB 2.0 Analog TV Tuner w/Remote X2
Gamester Race Pac Racing Wheel w/Seat and Pedals x1
Logitech PlayGear,Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack x3,Philips Digital FM Transmitter x2,Screaming Monkey x3,Kingston 2GB Micro SD Card with Adapter x6,Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote x3,International Cursing 101 x2,Garrity 1 Watt Luxeon® LED Spotlight x3,

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
PengLord wrote:
AND the unique item:
1 SOG Fast Hawk

Overall a pretty good crap. Perhaps I'll get a headdress next time to match my new tomahawk.

Perfect item to protect yourself during the zombie apocalypse!

NinjaDogg wrote:
and......

Thanks woot!

It can run, but I assure you not very well. Crap in this case is aptly named.

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver

I heard the Jaws theme when I saw this!

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
  • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
  • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
  • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
  • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

Diannaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Diannaf

I received my first Bunnies Ogling Carrots yesterday, I was too excited to wait to get home to open it and here's what I found in my box

1x green w/purple shopping bag
2x Womens Life Choices tees
1x IGo Charger (tips sold seperately
1x Large Pizza Paddle (or large spanking stick ha ha )
1x Designer Floor Lamp (brushed steel)

Awesome haul -- more than I expected
Thanks Woot!!!

makphisto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makphisto

Here's what I got in my Bunnies Ogling Carrots

http://imgur.com/a/hWyJi#0

Well parents are the same no matter time nor place / So to you other kids all across the land / Take it from me / Parents just don't understand

GuardianBob

RNLori wrote:What a beautiful cat! I have 4 rescue pets and a foster too. I volunteer 3 days a week in a rescue, and bring in so much fluff on the way to the laundry room.I have to vacuum 2-3 times a week and they all freak,even my 2 dogs. I got a Dyson, and the dogs were OK with it, since it is quieter. Cats saw it as a new Satan, but they did watch from behind corners, instead of under the beds! It worked great, for 5 minutes, then made a huge grinding noise, and it won't suck, which really sucks!

I have to admit I am jealous of the LG vacs that went out. Let us know if it's good with pet hair, since I am sending my Dyson back

Congrats on the great haul!

First thank you.

Second, he was a rescue of sorts. He was a barn cat on my father in law's dairy. Right before my wife took him home, as a kitten he fell into and tried to drown in a bucket of milk. The stench was bad for a week, or so I'm told.

Third, I bought a new vacuum for my wife, for Christmas. I know that sounds horrible, but we were moving and she wanted a new one. Unfortunately we had just bought a new place, money was tight, so I got a miter saw to do trim, she got a vacuum. I've used that saw for blinds, trim, and other general repairs on the house.

She picked out the Hoover Wind Tunnel Rewind T-Series for about $200. (Now Amazon has it for $100.) I've never used a Dyson, so I can't use that as a frame of reference, sorry.

So I'll compare and contrast the two. First a picture:

First test, vacuum with the Hoover, and then the LG. LG picked up some stuff the Hoover missed. So I empty both and do the LG first (new area) followed by the Hoover. Hoover picked up some things the LG missed. So that's about a draw.

They both are 12 amp motors, they both have the same attachments on the body. Both are approximately the same height. Oh and both are hated by the cats.

Pros for LG:
Longer cord (40' vs 27')
Better controls (L/M/H suction)
Foot controls for height
Easy to empty
Compactor
Can turn beater brush off
Has extra accessories (mattress/bare floor/extended edger)
Extra filter
Wider track
Felt lower to the ground on low
Nice holder for dirt, easy to empty
Front brush doesn't run when not reclined

Cons for LG:
Louder (but not by much)
Cord management
Batteries in the handle
Expensive (~$300)
Some attachments in a separate bag
Somewhat heavy

Unknowns for LG:
Wand release is odd
Lifetime

Pros for Hoover:
Cord management is easy
More control on height
No batteries needed
Significantly lighter
Slightly smaller storage needed
More heights to select from

Cons for Hoover:
Smaller track
Emptying is a pain (stuff gets stuck especially pet hair)
Less control
Recline foot control is in an awkward place, doesn't fit my big foot
Front height selector
Doesn't feel as low to the ground
Can't turn off the front brush

Unknowns for Hoover:
Lifetime

Both are solid, from what I can tell. The extra $200 saved may be worth it to you, if you don't need the extra control. That said, I'll probably alternate between the two.

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland

After catching up on comments, I have to say:

BEST Bunnies Ogling Carrots EVER! Thank you so much, Woot! You guys did a great job of making this round fun, right from the get go! Way to go, you guys!! Much love and eagerness for the next time!!

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

GuardianBob

Oh, I just got it.

Wow, I'm dense.

Well played ColonelCrap, well played.

As those who are keeping score know, I got a vacuum. Others have pointed out some personalized items. I started thinking, and went no, it couldn't be.

Looked up the date of my post:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4927901
March 26th.

Wait when did I get notice of shipping?
March 30th.

Shipping information sent March 27th.

It is possible.

They could have changed this out to prank me. If not it is one heck of a coincidence.

Wow. If this was swapped out, well played. The joke's on me.

Caffeineismydrug

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Caffeineismydrug

Crap came to work--
Picked it up Thursday night, my box was blown out the side...

Contained within:
1 Black duffle bag to [put] crap in
1 Pet blanket to keep the crap off our couch
1 crap-colored coffee 1-up t-shirt
1 crappy popup sprinkler
1 tape measure for measuring the crappiness of said craps
1 foot flusher for the crapper
1 set 3 leopard print knives for cutting the crap. (Box was also opened.. not sure how big the knife set was)

Overall, got most of the typical craps, but am worried may box may have lost some crap along the way. I suppose I could weigh it to determine if I lost some crap, but I'd be disappointed either way.

<BOYCOTT>Currently on Woot Boycott until Deal-A-Day site is restored to sanity</BOYCOTT>

RNLori

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RNLori
GuardianBob wrote:First thank you.

Second, he was a rescue of sorts. He was a barn cat on my father in law's dairy. Right before my wife took him home, as a kitten he fell into and tried to drown in a bucket of milk. The stench was bad for a week, or so I'm told.

Third, I bought a new vacuum for my wife, for Christmas. I know that sounds horrible, but we were moving and she wanted a new one. Unfortunately we had just bought a new place, money was tight, so I got a miter saw to do trim, she got a vacuum. I've used that saw for blinds, trim, and other general repairs on the house.

She picked out the Hoover Wind Tunnel Rewind T-Series for about $200. (Now Amazon has it for $100.) I've never used a Dyson, so I can't use that as a frame of reference, sorry.

So I'll compare and contrast the two. First a picture:

First test, vacuum with the Hoover, and then the LG. LG picked up some stuff the Hoover missed. So I empty both and do the LG first (new area) followed by the Hoover. Hoover picked up some things the LG missed. So that's about a draw.

They both are 12 amp motors, they both have the same attachments on the body. Both are approximately the same height. Oh and both are hated by the cats.

Pros for LG:
Longer cord (40' vs 27')
Better controls (L/M/H suction)
Foot controls for height
Easy to empty
Compactor
Can turn beater brush off
Has extra accessories (mattress/bare floor/extended edger)
Extra filter
Wider track
Felt lower to the ground on low
Nice holder for dirt, easy to empty
Front brush doesn't run when not reclined

Cons for LG:
Louder (but not by much)
Cord management
Batteries in the handle
Expensive (~$300)
Some attachments in a separate bag
Somewhat heavy

Unknowns for LG:
Wand release is odd
Lifetime

Pros for Hoover:
Cord management is easy
More control on height
No batteries needed
Significantly lighter
Slightly smaller storage needed
More heights to select from

Cons for Hoover:
Smaller track
Emptying is a pain (stuff gets stuck especially pet hair)
Less control
Recline foot control is in an awkward place, doesn't fit my big foot
Front height selector
Doesn't feel as low to the ground
Can't turn off the front brush

Unknowns for Hoover:
Lifetime

Both are solid, from what I can tell. The extra $200 saved may be worth it to you, if you don't need the extra control. That said, I'll probably alternate between the two.

Thank you so much! You have my other vacuum! I upgraded my same Hoover to the Dyson. There is a huge difference in them, so maybe the LG doesn't suck as much as a Dyson. I will return it for a replacement, since I just got it this week.
Also, don't feel bad about getting her a vacuum for Christmas. If that's what she asked for, it's great! On the other hand, I did break up with a boyfriend over his Christmas gift one year. He gave me a stepladder, after dating 3 years. I didn't ask for it, or need it. He was 6'5". The gift not only lacked any feeling, but it also said "Reach up and get it yourself". He was allergic to cats. I went and rescued my kittens, and donated him and the stepladder to Good Will!