4%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
iFly Heli GYRO 3.5CH RC Helicopter
$25.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

thegametech

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thegametech

Ummm I just bought a couple of these at Costco a few months back.. Price was $20 each.

Also, after I wrecked two of them, I returned them for new ones, no questions asked.

Greetings from the Lord Humongous!

dylanhellman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dylanhellman
thegametech wrote:Ummm I just bought a couple of these at Costco a few months back.. Price was $20 each.

Also, after I wrecked two of them, I returned them for new ones, no questions asked.

+1

smittypap

quality posts: 6 Private Messages smittypap

Stop calling it RC when it ain't RC!

Crap

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
smittypap wrote:Stop calling it RC when it ain't RC!

It's controlled remotely, isn't it? You know, RC = Remote Controlled...

pegwhipped

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pegwhipped

I've always missed out on the Bags Of Crap!!! They are now and always will be my WHITE WHALE!! I've been trying to harpoon one of these elusive bags for 2 and half years! I understand there was 3 sightings today! Does anybody think she'll surface again tonight?

lumpthar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lumpthar

Anyone have a link to these that do not require an instrument of evil (i.e. iPhone)?

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
smittypap wrote:Stop calling it RC when it ain't RC!

Tried this before. Doesn't work.

OK, this won't work, unless you have an Apple ipad or phone?

So it's really a $200+, $25 chopper?

I',m passing. Don't do Apple!

steve

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

just looking at the woots from today, this appears to have been a very good woot!off, 2 Bags or Corn and I missed them both due to my awesome job.....

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
bsmith1 wrote:It's controlled remotely, isn't it? You know, RC = Remote Controlled...

RC = Radio Control.

This is IR control.

steve

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23
pegwhipped wrote:I've always missed out on the Bags Of Crap!!! They are now and always will be my WHITE WHALE!! I've been trying to harpoon one of these elusive bags for 2 and half years! I understand there was 3 sightings today! Does anybody think she'll surface again tonight?

Yar, Queeg-Queeg, ye nevar know when the White Whale be appearing! Keep yer harpoon pointed at Buy It Now and keep watch for the green flash!

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

shanteuse

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shanteuse
pegwhipped wrote:I've always missed out on the Bags Of Crap!!! They are now and always will be my WHITE WHALE!! I've been trying to harpoon one of these elusive bags for 2 and half years! I understand there was 3 sightings today! Does anybody think she'll surface again tonight?

How literate of you :-)

cam94z28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cam94z28

So, an apple product is required to fly this? No thanks, passing on this one. Not everyone has, or desires to own a crapple product. I was actually thinking about buying a similar one of these mini heli's, with an actual controller, but it definitely won't be this one.

sbchandler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbchandler

RC is Radio Control not Remote Control

corysterrett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corysterrett

Mad I didn't get a Bunnies Ogling Carrots because old CC was saved...
In for one of these craps(red) to ease my pain.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
skou wrote:RC = Radio Control.

This is IR control.

steve

Yes, these use infrared light instead of radio frequencies to control them, but they're still controlled remotely. Therefore, they're still RC (remote control) choppers.

Your TV remote uses IR too, yet I bet you call it a remote control not an IR control.

I win!

Edit: "Remote Control" is listed as 2nd in popularity on http://www.abbreviations.com/RC
2nd Edit: I suppose you think RC Cola stands for Radio Control Cola. That's just silly.

wodowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter

zollars23 wrote:Yar, Queeg-Queeg, ye nevar know when the White Whale be appearing! Keep yer harpoon pointed at Buy It Now and keep watch for the green flash!

"Methinks that what they call my shadow here on earth is my true substance. Methinks that in looking at things spiritual, we are too much like oysters observing the sun through the water, and thinking that thick water the thinnest of air."

--MOBY rose bud, Chapter VII

Barrel O' Carp harpooned this day 3-22-12

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

spkrook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spkrook

No android ap? No wonder theey have to sell them on woot!

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

Since someone else brought up the subject I am going to brag on finally getting a Bunnies Ogling Carrots First noticed it on a refresh at a few minutes after 8:00EST then pulled over to the side of the road and spent the next 25 minutes refreshing and reordering on a 1x phone signal had seven orders go through and then told that they weren't accepted finally left the last order on the processing page drove home, with a stop at the beer store to console myself because I figured that it just wasn't going to happen. But when I got to the house miracle of miracles the woot gods had sent a confirmation email. With it taking so long I wonder if they went through and picked people who have never got one before. Anyway this boy ain't complaining.

dedicateddad

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dedicateddad

Oh, tricksy hobbitses!

$30 @ Amazon, with free shipping?

You FAIL, WOOT!

Teasing us with those Brackets of Collanders but never ever letting us actually have our precious!

Nasty, dirty tricksy hobbitses!

We'll have our Precious, someday we will!

Icepuck72

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Icepuck72

OK....back on topic....do these actually work fine???

shanteuse

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shanteuse

I saw a Bee of See listed earlier for 3 bucks. Are they usually that cheap?

Needless to say, the site froze when I tried to buy.

coreyking

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coreyking

1st Gen iPad - check
iPad docking station - check
iPad Heli GYRO - check
Death by Apple - chec$%@!*^....

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

jjmorris100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjmorris100

In the included items:

IR transmitter

You don't have to have an Apple product to fly it.

cam94z28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cam94z28
jjmorris100 wrote:In the included items:

IR transmitter

You don't have to have an Apple product to fly it.

The transmitter is what is in the picture to the right of the iPod. It is what plugs into the headphone jack and transmits the signal to the heli. From what I can tell, the only way to fly is with an iPod/iPad product. Not biting on this one.

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23
wodowooter wrote:pegwhipped wrote:I've always missed out on the Bags Of Crap!!! They are now and always will be my WHITE WHALE!! I've been trying to harpoon one of these elusive bags for 2 and half years! I understand there was 3 sightings today! Does anybody think she'll surface again tonight?

"Methinks that what they call my shadow here on earth is my true substance. Methinks that in looking at things spiritual, we are too much like oysters observing the sun through the water, and thinking that thick water the thinnest of air."

--MOBY rose bud, Chapter VII

Barrel O' Carp harpooned this day 3-22-12

Well played, sir. Well played.

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

dedicateddad

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dedicateddad

Bit more info, gleaned from other sites and online user reviews...

30 mins to charge (per sellers),
~15 mins of play-time (per the only user I could find who noted time).

Reviews are pretty striking as well:

5* == 7
4* == 1
3* == 0
2* == 1
1* == 13

It seems folks are about 2x as likely to hate it as to love it - assuming the 5* reviews were all legit and not the all-too-common "paid endorsement" or seller(s) trying to pump it up with "sock-puppet" accounts...

jjmorris100

You are correct. Oops. It shows just the iAdaptor in the contents. An Apple product is needed to fly.

cam94z28 wrote:The transmitter is what is in the picture to the right of the iPod. It is what plugs into the headphone jack and transmits the signal to the heli. From what I can tell, the only way to fly is with an iPod/iPad product. Not biting on this one.

patrice2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages patrice2

what does it mean when yje "I want one" button jumps up and down?

jjmorris100

patrice2 wrote:what does it mean when yje "I want one" button jumps up and down?

It's nearing the end of the woot special, when just a few numbers are left.

tazndave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tazndave

Can I still get one? If so? How?
It was on my phone, but the Nikon when I opened it on my home computer.

WHat is the URL to buy (2) of the Gyros?
If it is out of stock, are you getting more?

Thanks,
Dave

jjmorris100

tazndave wrote:Can I still get one? If so? How?
It was on my phone, but the Nikon when I opened it on my home computer.

WHat is the URL to buy (2) of the Gyros?

Sorry, once they are gone, they are gone.

tazndave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tazndave
jjmorris100 wrote:Sorry, once they are gone, they are gone.

Are they gone for sure?

Thanks,
Dave

corysterrett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corysterrett

I already got tracking number! that's the fastest I've ever gotten a tracking number after a product purchase, let alone on a woot-off product!
Can't wait for this to come in and accompany my s107 copter. =)

Indiefab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Indiefab

Don't freak out if you got several helicopters and they all say CH A on the side. The channel is decided when you turn on the transmitter. I played with mine for a while and got all three of them to work on all 3 channels. The Chinese-to-English instructions don't mention this.

vinjoebob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vinjoebob
Indiefab wrote:Don't freak out if you got several helicopters and they all say CH A on the side. The channel is decided when you turn on the transmitter. I played with mine for a while and got all three of them to work on all 3 channels. The Chinese-to-English instructions don't mention this.

That's not Ch A, my friend. That's a Chinese attempt at abbreviating 'Charge.' It's printed right below the charging port. And I can't get mine to work on ANY channel! Looks like a dud.

Indiefab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Indiefab
vinjoebob wrote:That's not Ch A, my friend. That's a Chinese attempt at abbreviating 'Charge.' It's printed right below the charging port. And I can't get mine to work on ANY channel! Looks like a dud.

Try turning on the power at the same time you hit the ON button on the app. They seem to communicate at that time to set the channel.

I've also had problems with one controller taking over a copter that's already been running, so I've started going to a different room when I start a second one.