scooterdeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scooterdeb

People on about the "expiration date" of the "meds" need to read the description. It's all bandages, gloves, tape, plastic cases and pamphlets.

There's two TINY packets of Neosporin. If you're so concerned that the Neosporin will expire before you use the other contents of the case, just buy a tube at the store. Or throw it out.

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
kerneltrap wrote:I just realized a missed a whole day of woot off...

Me too ...........Sigh

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

suzika

quality posts: 8 Private Messages suzika

My husband and I have this first aid kit in our cars, the nephews have used everything in them at one time or another, and they are perfect for all the small bumps, bruises, cuts and burns they can come up with.

Lazarus2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Lazarus2
sadsephiroth wrote:And it's over. Just want to say thank you Woot! staff, fellow wooters, NOT worst woot off ever!

Speak for yourself!
Starting a Woot Off late sure screws over those of us who stay up to check the new item, buy it or go to bed.
A LOT of regular Wooters never knew of the Woot Off until checking in about 10min-til-midnight.

SUCKS!

From the Notebook of Lazarus Long:
"Touch is the most fundamental sense. A baby experiences it, all over, before he is born and long before he learns to use sight, hearing, or taste, and no human ever ceases to need it. Keep your children short on pocket money -- but long on hugs."

stygiania

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stygiania

Yay! Ordering is fixed and I'm in! Very convenient since my husband had to scrounge around for bandages today.

Six Woots
Fifteen Shirt.Woots
Five Kids.Woots

oklahomafire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oklahomafire

Just ordered 3 (got total of 6), YEAH!!

mypiesarepiff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mypiesarepiff

I'm in for 2. Some for the house and couple for the bug out bag i need to get together. when is woot gonna start selling emergency food kits and ammo to help me complete the bag?

Pretty and Asian since 1985. Holla atcha boy
♥ Random Crap 01/31/07 ♥ Random Crap 08/30/07
♥ Random Crap 03/27/09 ♥ Random Crap 10/28/09
♥ Random Crap 11/19/09 ♥ Random Crap 06/24/10
♥ Random Crap 09/14/11 ♥ Random Crap 01/19/12
♥ Random Crap 04/26/12

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

This same kit is $9.97 at Walmart (plus tax) And it only has 140 pieces!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Johnson-s-All-Purpose-First-Aid-Kit-1ct/16608890 (But the link is not working right now)

Great deal!

MissouriMomma

docflash

quality posts: 17 Private Messages docflash

this is a good item to have.

one hint: always keep the first aid kit in the *kitchen* - after all, when was the last time you got burned or cut in the bathroom?

"i don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top." --anon
more quotes.

jasonking0351

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jasonking0351

Order is still pending on the final Order Status screen...same anticipation as buying in a Woot Off!

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

This is probably the best deal by far since one kit itself costs like five bucks each at WalMart.

Love it! Definitely one of things I wanted in my car.

Only concern right now is the expiration date.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

shanteuse

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shanteuse
docflash wrote:this is a good item to have.

one hint: always keep the first aid kit in the *kitchen* - after all, when was the last time you got burned or cut in the bathroom?

That's kind of a personal question, isn't it?

LOL

jasonking0351

The 1992 era Dot-Matrix printer must be smoking from the barrage of "I'll take 3" orders that are flooding in.

Togashi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Togashi

Got me 3 sets. 2 cars, 1 boat, camping gear, hiking gear, and last set for home.

marvay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvay

Similar kit at Target without the "To Go" kit for $9.99
http://www.target.com/p/Johnson-Johnson-First-Aid-Kit-Large/-/A-10801266#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton

I'm in for 3

kogaku

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kogaku

Well, at least things are consistent. After countless pointless attempts at purchasing The Famous Blue Crapbag (during the third malincarnation, having slept through the first two), only to be informed repeatedly that my purchase would not be completed -- until FINALLY the item in question was sold out, at which point I got an actual unambiguous error message, namely that the item in question had finally been sold out), I see an item I would like to purchase, namely said 1-st-aide-kits, only to get my VERY FIRST "Your order is invalid (code: buttafuoco)" error message. Ever.

I'm, like, honored. Or something.

Guess I'll see what happens on yonder April First Day, coincidentally our 4th wootiversary.

Kogaku, wondering if it's just that we've purchased far too many hundred items here. Hey, makes as much sense as any other guess at why things are going so weird 'round these heah pahts of late.

oklahomafire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oklahomafire

Look at the woot map on this one, is it just me, or does everyone in the west coast get hurt a lot? LOL!! HAHA!!

the4defaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages the4defaus

Finally went thru. With a wife that is a bit careless when chopping vegetables and 2 young kids, we will breeze thru these kits in probably under 6 months. Great deal!

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou

■(12) Johnson & Johnson RED CROSS® Brand Gauze Pads (Seven 2-Packs) – 2” x 2”

Well, I went to Public school, but I did take Math. Seven 2 packs would be 14, not 12! (in the seventies it would!)

steve

Thunderthighs: Fixed! Thanks for pointing it out!

pohlmacs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pohlmacs

Interesting that the container in the picture states "140 pieces".

Aside from that, this is a really great deal. Since you get two packs and the 12-piece to-go packs too.

Good for the homes, car, truck, and boat. Not to mention an early stocking stuffer.

I'm all in for 3 deuces.

shanteuse

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shanteuse

May all of us who ordered this, never have to use it.

CatCK

quality posts: 52 Private Messages CatCK

I'm in for one.

You can buy travel-size packets of Neosporin in the stores, in case the ones here expire before you use up the bandaids.

jdpman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jdpman
scooterdeb wrote:People on about the "expiration date" of the "meds" need to read the description. It's all bandages, gloves, tape, plastic cases and pamphlets.

There's two TINY packets of Neosporin. If you're so concerned that the Neosporin will expire before you use the other contents of the case, just buy a tube at the store. Or throw it out.

Not only the Neosporin. Hand wipes dry out. Instant burn cooling patches and instant cold packs also expire. Sure bandages make up the majority of the kit, but considering first aid kids will usually (hopefully) go a long time before being used, its good to know they aren't going to expire on you within a years time.

In this case, it'd be nice to know more than just that this is a new product. Who knows if its been sitting around in some warehouse for years and now woot is trying to get rid of it for cheap?

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

This offering will provide First Aid for a large portion of the two million (proposed) woot! account holders whose F5 fingers are in need due to the previously poorly handled woot!-off

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Lazarus2 wrote:Speak for yourself!
Starting a Woot Off late sure screws over those of us who stay up to check the new item, buy it or go to bed.
A LOT of regular Wooters never knew of the Woot Off until checking in about 10min-til-midnight.

SUCKS!

Um, the woot-off started as soon as the servers came back online at 6AM. If you didn't check woot between 6AM and 11:50PM or woot's twitter feed or read your daily newsletter, you have no one to blame but yourself. I always check at midnight and saw that the server was down, so I checked again in the morning. Not a life-changing modification to my daily habit.

I thought the woot-off was awesome, great pacing of items, and I admire the woot staff for the work that I suspect they've put in over the past few days. That server problem cannot have been fun, nor staying up all night to fix it, only to deal with so much complaining from wooters.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bryantomato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryantomato
the4defaus wrote:Finally went thru. With a wife that is a bit careless when chopping vegetables and 2 young kids, we will breeze thru these kits in probably under 6 months. Great deal!

"chopping vegetables and 2 young kids"

O_O

chrisp9446

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chrisp9446

Who needs band-aids? It's just a flesh wound.

nikkipoooo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nikkipoooo

You pay more than $6 for just the band-aids in just ONE of these kits.

belowi

quality posts: 21 Private Messages belowi
jpawmsu wrote:Target has car first aid kits 75% for $2 with no shipping now in stores

From what I can tell, one of these same kits (without the to go kit) is $9.99 at Target, so this offer including the shipping is a bit better than half off. Good reviews too.

http://www.target.com/p/Johnson-Johnson-First-Aid-Kit-Large/-/A-10801266#?lnk=sc_qi_reviews

jasonking0351

I ordered 3 because having all of these items in ONE convenient container when you need it is completely worth the money. I'll also be dropping 2 of these off at the in-laws house as well for when the kids drop by.

Now I just need to convince them to use this kit instead of the 1980's Green NyQuil to treat injuries!

greginnj

quality posts: 5 Private Messages greginnj

The order confirm page says 3 kits, not 3 two-packs ... I assume this is a typo?

Thunderthighs: Yeah, that second order page never seems to get the math right.

-=greginnj=-

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg

That is a *screaming* price for relief when someone is screaming cause they lopped off a finger or stabbed themselves in the pinky toe with a particularly sharp wooden spoon. I'm in for 3.

JMHSRV

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JMHSRV

this is a great deal. if you buy three two-packs it comes out to about 3.50 per set.

sadsephiroth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sadsephiroth
jasonking0351 wrote:
Now I just need to convince them to use this kit instead of the 1980's Green NyQuil to treat injuries!

I know exactly what you mean.

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel
chrisp9446 wrote:Who needs band-aids? It's just a flesh wound.

No it's not, your arm's off!

belowi

quality posts: 21 Private Messages belowi

nikkipoooo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nikkipoooo

It's surprising to me that there are 10 butterflies in each kit. That's a full $3.50 pack from the store, and $150 saved on trip to the urgent care for that bad cut that probably doesn't need stitches!

drummingcraig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages drummingcraig

I need to have these on hand while learning how to use my Kershaw knife.

So are we gonna kick it - Gonna kick it woot down - Gonna break it all down - Gonna kick it woot down!

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
docflash wrote:this is a good item to have.

the Last time I got cut in the Bathroom when I shaved my legs and I got burnt in there from candle too . Just saying .

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

pohlmacs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pohlmacs
the4defaus wrote:Finally went thru. With a wife that is a bit careless when chopping vegetables and 2 young kids, we will breeze thru these kits in probably under 6 months. Great deal!

Yikes! Um, I think will pass on that dinner invite...