dedicateddad

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dedicateddad
belowi wrote:Strangely overpriced, but with good reviews at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Johnson-Large-Ready-Organized-First/dp/B0013OFRN2/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1332480976&sr=1-3

FUNNY!~
His title says "170 pieces" but his pic also says 140...

LOOKS like you'll get somewhere between 140 and 170+ pieces!

jasonking0351

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jasonking0351
sadsephiroth wrote:I know exactly what you mean.

Maybe I still have a little PTSD from the dousing from my parents as well!

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito

this is one of those deals where the $5 shipping breaks the deal.

ejjury

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ejjury

I have owned several of these kits over the past couple of years. They are always handy and I always keep one in the car. The best part is that when one box empties you just replace it...organization!

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg
migelito wrote:this is one of those deals where the $5 shipping breaks the deal.

Hardly. I just got 6 first aid kits for less than 25 bucks. Can't beat that with a stick.

lunastrixae

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunastrixae

Wow I like this deal! Great for camping and the office. In for 2.

Maleficent4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maleficent4
oklahomafire wrote:Look at the woot map on this one, is it just me, or does everyone in the west coast get hurt a lot? LOL!! HAHA!!

I would imagine it's because most of the east coast/central US is in bed now.

Lazarus2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Lazarus2
neuropsychosocial wrote:Um, the woot-off started as soon as the servers came back online at 6AM. If you didn't check woot between 6AM and 11:50PM or woot's twitter feed or read your daily newsletter, you have no one to blame but yourself. I always check at midnight and saw that the server was down, so I checked again in the morning. Not a life-changing modification to my daily habit.

Some of us actually work and are not slaves to our email.

The point is, this place made itself by offering items beginning at MIDNIGHT (CT). And because they didn't, a LARGE NUMBER of regulars didn't know of the Woot Off because it started six hours after the time this site advertises its deals start!

From the Notebook of Lazarus Long:
"Touch is the most fundamental sense. A baby experiences it, all over, before he is born and long before he learns to use sight, hearing, or taste, and no human ever ceases to need it. Keep your children short on pocket money -- but long on hugs."

nikkipoooo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nikkipoooo
migelito wrote:this is one of those deals where the $5 shipping breaks the deal.

It shouldn't... you probably couldn't buy 232 Band-Aid brand band-aids for less than $11.

The 80 ct sheer bandaids are $3.79 each, so $7.60. $2.78 for each 30 ct variety pack, so $5.60... you're at $13.20 already. Add in the 20 butterflies @ $7, the 22 wet wipes @ $2.50, and 32 gauze pads at $2.60 and you're at $25.30, without counting cold packs, burn patches, and other various miscellany.

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
greginnj wrote:The order confirm page says 3 kits, not 3 two-packs ... I assume this is a typo?

Look at your Account list , it will say 3 , 2 packs there, Or it does on mine anyways

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

mphdavid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mphdavid

I did exactly the same thing! Maybe it will heal my broken heart for not getting a Bunnies Ogling Carrots again.

pohlmacs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pohlmacs

For what it's worth, since we are talking about Neosporin included in these packs... my friends and I have stopped using Neosporin years ago and switched to Polysporin by recommendation of our doctors. Sure enough, wounds seem to heal faster without a typical scab when using Polysporin, with fewer side-effects.

One article: epinions polysporin vs neosporin

(I suppose I should put a disclaimer here that I am not a doctor nor should this be taken as medical advice, and you should consult your doctor, as appropriate)

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito
Greshmahg wrote:Hardly. I just got 6 first aid kits for less than 25 bucks. Can't beat that with a stick.

what if i only need one? heresy in wootdom i know, but i can get a decent first aid kit for 10 bucks in a store.

nikkipoooo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nikkipoooo
migelito wrote:what if i only need one? heresy in wootdom i know, but i can get a decent first aid kit for 10 bucks in a store.

With this you get 2 *good* first aid kits for $11.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
jbbosco wrote:I think i'm going to develop a "Counter Bot" for all the Cheaters using Bots to get the Bags of Crap. Wouldn't they all be surprised at their bot failure when they all receive 1st Aid Kits instead of their Bags of Crap. To the legitimate Wooters that got the Bags of Crap WITHOUT cheating and using bots, I salute you. ;-)

Yeah, I didn't bother even try this time. Didn't sit through the woot-off like I normally do. Sure, maybe some good deals- but the real attraction is the Bags... and there is simply no way to win them anymore without using third party software. I'm not really too bothered with woot-offs anymore.

Oaney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oaney

I prefer to let my platelets and immune system repair the damage. Who has time for neosporin? Pass.

Lazarus2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Lazarus2

Friends, this is a GREAT DEAL !
Walgreens sells the main Kit for $19.98 and the To Go Kit for $2.98
that's EACH !

From the Notebook of Lazarus Long:
"Touch is the most fundamental sense. A baby experiences it, all over, before he is born and long before he learns to use sight, hearing, or taste, and no human ever ceases to need it. Keep your children short on pocket money -- but long on hugs."

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

These bandaids would've been perfect today for people who's been refreshing the Woot page every moment or so while driving to pick someone up.

-guesses who that was-

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

jasonking0351

I wish I had this kit when I took an arrow in the knee!

joshobra

oklahomafire wrote:Look at the woot map on this one, is it just me, or does everyone in the west coast get hurt a lot? LOL!! HAHA!!

It's just 11:06PM right now. We're wide awake. :D

I lol-ed at map too and refurbished option.

robinbigkc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robinbigkc

Ok, maybe I read the detailed description wrong but it looks to me like you get ONE of the bigger first aid kits (the 140- or 150- piece) and ONE of the first aid to go kits (the 12-piece kit) for $5.99. Am I understanding this offer correctly?

Denimbear

not if you Order three Sets . It is 5.00 Flat rate shipping no matter how many you order . If you order 1 or 3 it is still 5.00 shipping

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

labrat0017

quality posts: 9 Private Messages labrat0017

I bought two even though I went in on those patterned band-aids on kids woot a while back and already have a life-time supply of band-aids. At least I have fancy plastic storage boxes for my band-aids now. Actually, I just cleaned and shined all the vinyl in my car today (sounds classy right?) adding a first aid kit to the trunk seems like a logical next step in upgrading my car. I have a CRX, and maybe the kit will even fit in that weird bench storage area that is where my back seat should be.

joshobra

robinbigkc wrote:Ok, maybe I read the detailed description wrong but it looks to me like you get ONE of the bigger first aid kits (the 140- or 150- piece) and ONE of the first aid to go kits (the 12-piece kit) for $5.99. Am I understanding this offer correctly?

CONDITION: New
PRODUCTS:
2 Johnson & Johnson 150-Piece First Aid Kits
2 12-Piece To-Go Packs

You get two kits per order. So if you order two, you get four boxes total.

Math isn't my major points too.

Another analogy is that 1.5L Listerine bottle I just bought today came with a 500ml mini bottle attached to it. This deal gives you two of the pair so you get four bottles total for one order.

FlaxenGrass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FlaxenGrass

I think it's because more people are awake at this time of night - when the Woot deal changes. It changes at 10 here on the WC! Could be why.

1. The difference between you and me is:
  2. When I Woot! I look like I'm flying a jet!
  3. When you Woot! You look like you're rolling down the side of a hill in a tire.

jasonking0351

labrat0017 wrote:I bought two even though I went in on those patterned band-aids on kids woot a while back and already have a life-time supply of band-aids. At least I have fancy plastic storage boxes for my band-aids now. Actually, I just cleaned and shined all the vinyl in my car today (sounds classy right?) adding a first aid kit to the trunk seems like a logical next step in upgrading my car. I have a CRX, and maybe the kit will even fit in that weird bench storage area that is where my back seat should be.

Man I miss my CRX. That weird bench storage area (along with the super MPG) was awesome.

stnickk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stnickk

Some of us on the west coast are going through Tsunami drills. I was thinking of buying a LOT MORE of these! They keep playing the Japan Tsunami for us. Now if woot would offer water wings.....

bobbyd33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobbyd33
robinbigkc wrote:Ok, maybe I read the detailed description wrong but it looks to me like you get ONE of the bigger first aid kits (the 140- or 150- piece) and ONE of the first aid to go kits (the 12-piece kit) for $5.99. Am I understanding this offer correctly?

If you scroll all the way to the bottom it says

In the box:
■(2) Johnson & Johnson 150-Piece First Aid Kit with 12-Piece To-Go Packs

So I take it you get 2 of the 150 piece packs and 2 12 piece to go packs.

Also tried to order and the credit card processing screen is still stuck.

Denimbear

no you get 2 of each for 5.99 + 5.00 shipping but the shipping is flat rate . so it will be the same if you Order 3 (6) of the kits ( 3 , 2 packs ) .

venom4hire

quality posts: 11 Private Messages venom4hire

Does anyone have the 411 on if these kits are latex free or not??

Do I want an extended warranty? Why, I'm just going to void it anyway.

theduker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theduker

Wife wants a Bugout Bag thanks to silly (semi)Reality TV shows. I'll throw this a knife and a can of SPAM in her backpack and hopefully that will hold her for a bit. In for 2...

anfrey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anfrey

give the order processing some time. you don't need to keep that page open, it'll do it on its own. took me about 5-8 minutes for it to go through.

i ordered a pair to keep in the cars.

mills4pet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mills4pet

People on the west coast are the adventurous ones who need first aid the most. If we didn't get a cut or bruise a day we wouldn't be livin!!!!!!!!

joshobra

stnickk wrote:Some of us on the west coast are going through Tsunami drills. I was thinking of buying a LOT MORE of these! They keep playing the Japan Tsunami for us. Now if woot would offer water wings.....

Which part of the west coast are YOU from? lol. Haven't heard of that before here.. I think.

venom4hire wrote:Does anyone have the 411 on if these kits are latex free or not??

I think I saw a picture of the kit a while back (look around the thread for an amazon link), the glove looked like the clear and plasticky ones. Plus sterile gloves are usually latex-free... since it's an allergy precaution just in case someone is sensitive to latex and you're "helping" someone with gloves.

I'm sleepy now. Goodnight Woot! Thanks for the Bunnies Ogling Carrots and wootoff day! <3

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FYI: I just got more information on the contents:

• Only neosporin packets carry expiration dates and the earliest would be 9/12.

• The box image is incorrect. The kit in the deal is 150 pieces, not 140 as it shows in the image.

Hope that helps.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mills4pet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mills4pet

Then order 3 and the shipping is a small portion. Give the extras to accident prone friends

Soten

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soten

Man, this is a crazy good deal. My mother about chops her fingers off at LEAST once a year.

In for three!

I quest for Crud.

FlaxenGrass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FlaxenGrass
joshobra wrote:CONDITION: New
PRODUCTS:
2 Johnson & Johnson 150-Piece First Aid Kits
2 12-Piece To-Go Packs

You get two kits per order. So if you order two, you get four boxes total.

Math isn't my major points too.

Another analogy is that 1.5L Listerine bottle I just bought today came with a 500ml mini bottle attached to it. This deal gives you two of the pair so you get four bottles total for one order.

I ordered 2 and my receipt stated:

"You ordered 4 Johnson & Johnson 150-piece First Aid Kits.
You ordered 4 12-Piece To-Go Packs"

So, it looks like I am actually going to receive 8 in total!

1. The difference between you and me is:
  2. When I Woot! I look like I'm flying a jet!
  3. When you Woot! You look like you're rolling down the side of a hill in a tire.

robinbigkc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robinbigkc
bobbyd33 wrote:If you scroll all the way to the bottom it says

In the box:
■(2) Johnson & Johnson 150-Piece First Aid Kit with 12-Piece To-Go Packs

So I take it you get 2 of the 150 piece packs and 2 12 piece to go packs.

Also tried to order and the credit card processing screen is still stuck.

When I tried to order a quantity of 3 on the final "CLICK THIS STUPIDLY LARGE BUTTON" page, it read as follows:

You want three

First Aid Kit Bundle – 2 Pack

3 Johnson & Johnson 150-Piece First Aid Kits:

3 12-Piece To-Go Packs:

I don't know... I still think that everything "official" that I read seems like you get ONE 150-piece set and ONE 12-piece set in each 2 pack ordered. Still a great price but obviously not as good as if you got twice as much stuff.

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Thanks for another nice deal Woot!