311lebowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 311lebowski

Pretty sure I'm gonna injure myself on a bar crawl tomorrow night...wish I could get all 3 I ordered by morning...

smeglet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages smeglet

I can't believe all the discussion about value. CVS online has the large kits at $12.99 each and the "to go" kits at $1.49. You are getting two of each. Let me get my calculator out....

That's a $28.96 value. Even if you only buy ONE set, you are saving $17.97 (28.96 - $10.99). If you buy two sets, you will save $40.94 ($57.92 - $16.98) Might as well continue all the way. If you buy three sets, you will save $63.91 ($86.88 - $22.97)

Um, at that savings just toss the two little single serve neosporins that are almost out of code (they only do one bandaid each anyway) and buy a jumbo tube two - pack at BJ's (or Sam's club, depending on where you are)!

Phew..... now off to buy for myself...

leviatan15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leviatan15
311lebowski wrote:Pretty sure I'm gonna injure myself on a bar crawl tomorrow night...wish I could get all 3 I ordered by morning...

Stop going to the bars...

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Lazarus2 wrote:Some of us actually work and are not slaves to our email.

You appear to imply that those of us who had time to check woot between 6AM and 11:50PM don't work. I thought my work weeks were long, at 70 hours (no ability to check the internet except on a potty break) plus an additional 72 hours home call (internet access but also 2 under 2), but it sounds like you have things much worse - my sympathies. Sounds like the woot-off would have lifted your spirits in the midst of a difficult time; I'm sorry that you missed it. I'm sure woot will endeavor to avoid having their servers break down again, so hopefully you'll catch the next one.

(Although I confess that I'm temporarily jealous that missing a woot-off is a big enough deal in your life to inspire the passion in your initial post. I've spent the past year trying to keep myself and the girls alive after my husband attempted to murder me. Woot-offs are a nice diversion if I can catch them, but things that "suck" are on the level of the baby's recent surgery to remove a tumor that was thankfully benign. We all have our burdens to carry, though, and it sounds like your work life is onerous. Hope things improve for you soon!)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Great kit. If you want to add a few more items for camping or the car, I would recommend a bottle of water or saline (such as contact lens solution) to wash out a wound or get something out of your eye, and a needle and matches (or a lighter) to sterilize the needle before using it to get out a splinter, and some benedryl for an allergic reaction.
Not that anyone asked me.

mwolfatwork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mwolfatwork

I'm in for 6 of these. Great idea to keep them in your vehicles and gift them to your accident prone relatives as well. May never need to buy bandages again, and if you have McGuyver skills you may be able to save the planet with 6 kits.

leviatan15

lstaff wrote:Great kit. If you want to add a few more items for camping or the car, I would recommend a bottle of water or saline (such as contact lens solution) to wash out a wound or get something out of your eye, and a needle and matches (or a lighter) to sterilize the needle before using it to get out a splinter, and some benedryl for an allergic reaction.
Not that anyone asked me.

By the time you're done, you need a whole med. cab...... Just make sure you get a shovel or something to put your self out in case something happens....

inod3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages inod3

Are the bandaids the crappy plastic ones or the better cloth ones?

Actually, my favorite bandaids are the $0.99 cloth ones from Walmart. They're squared off at the corners which makes them seem cheap, but they don't have hugely excess amounts of adhesive so when you take them off you don't have to pull out the gritty hand cleaner to remove the adhesive, and they work well for fingers where you're just going to wrap the bandaid around upon itself again anyway.

leviatan15

jseureau wrote:Just what I need after not getting any Bunnies Ogling Carrots!

Must be your cat!! It's definitely got issues, i don't think a band-aid will do....!!!!!

leviatan15

inod3 wrote:Are the bandaids the crappy plastic ones or the better cloth ones?

Actually, my favorite bandaids are the $0.99 cloth ones from Walmart. They're squared off at the corners which makes them seem cheap, but they don't have hugely excess amounts of adhesive so when you take them off you don't have to pull out the gritty hand cleaner to remove the adhesive, and they work well for fingers where you're just going to wrap the bandaid around upon itself again anyway.

Hmm!!! Clear as mud!

kmf600

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmf600

You know, this is one of those things a couple of years ago they would have put on a Two for Tuesday Woot. Just saying, this would have been excelent to offer on Tuesday.

leviatan15

jasonking0351 wrote:I wish I had this kit when I took an arrow in the knee!

Why?? Why do you have to punish your self so bad??!! Is it worth it?

leviatan15

kmf600 wrote:You know, this is one of those things a couple of years ago they would have put on a Two for Tuesday Woot. Just saying, this would have been excelent to offer on Tuesday.

I like 2 for Friday, it's the weekend so i'd like to see bettere sales.....

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

Only in Wootville, by 6:30 am edt 170+ posts about "Band Aids"

reelhouse

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reelhouse

Happy Friday All!

IndyEd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IndyEd

Early Christmas for friends and family! My mother runs through a box of band-aids a week (at 91 years young you don't have skin, you have paper). In for 3 sets!

rworthin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rworthin

For those of you concerned about the expiration dates on the Neosporin (or just use it frequently), here's a great way to make your own little to-go packs:

http://www.briangreen.net/2011/07/diy-single-use-antibiotic-packs.html

You can also use the same process to make travel size Vaseline, alcohol gel, toothpaste, aloe... anything that's gel-ish and may find its way into your first aid kit or overnight bag.

compudata

quality posts: 6 Private Messages compudata
neuropsychosocial wrote:I thought my work weeks were long, at 70 hours (no ability to check the internet except on a potty break)

You get to have a potty break while at work? I'll bet you even get a lunch break! Sweet!

;-)

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

This is a great deal. The small kits sell for a dollar each at the dollar tree and for more at Big Lots ( when they have them). The cheapest you are going to find the large kits for is around $10 ( that's how much I paid several years ago) on sale. So in a store this deal would cost about $22 on sale-- more at regular cost. With two I can replace my old used up kit I keep at home and have a second kit for the car, and have a small kit in my BOB and still have one small kit left over. UMM maybe I should buy two-- would it be creepy to give these out for Easter--first aid for all those headless bunnies. ;-)iy

compudata

quality posts: 6 Private Messages compudata

I see a cold pack in the list of items. I am surprised it doesn't have an expiration date.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Are these labeled "Republican Health Care Program?"

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark
rworthin wrote:For those of you concerned about the expiration dates on the Neosporin (or just use it frequently), here's a great way to make your own little to-go packs:

http://www.briangreen.net/2011/07/diy-single-use-antibiotic-packs.html

You can also use the same process to make travel size Vaseline, alcohol gel, toothpaste, aloe... anything that's gel-ish and may find its way into your first aid kit or overnight bag.

Thanks for the link--I am going to try that for short hikes. I don't t recommend taking small, homemade tubes of an unknown substance on planes though--might be hard to explain to those TSA types. :-)

edbeth1965

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edbeth1965

Just what I needed for the preschool I work at! Even better that there are two, now I can have one for home, too!

motoboyxb9s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages motoboyxb9s

Perfect for your zombie apocalypse preparedness kit!

studson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studson
compudata wrote:You get to have a potty break while at work? I'll bet you even get a lunch break! Sweet!

;-)

I'm supposed to get a lunch break but I can't remember the last time I had time to take one. Certainly not now with the advent of tax season upon us.

I'm constantly injuring myself in the work place to the tune of paper cuts, splinters, and cabinet piercings, I might have to get me this deal.

Gamesim4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gamesim4

Wish I had these last Saturday, fell off my bike and my J&J kit at home was rather empty.

I'm probably going to consolidate 2 of these to a new package with additional items.

rookie3001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rookie3001

Bought nothing during the woot-off but now i'm in for one using my February tattle coupon, woot! :-)

yfaber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yfaber

Looks like people in Alaska and Hawaii are unnaturally resistant to injury.

studson

I'm in for 3, one for work, one for home, and one to give my fiance as a wedding gift. These really are a great deal.

yfaber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yfaber
studson wrote:I'm in for 3, one for work, one for home, and one to give my fiance as a wedding gift. These really are a great deal.

Why? Are you planning to use her as an assistant in your knife throwing act?

Polly12200

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Polly12200

In for 2-one for each car, and also for the sports bags.

studson

yfaber wrote:Why? Are you planning to use her as an assistant in your knife throwing act?

I'm a firm believer in lowering expectations at the onset. IAdditionally, I anticipate I will be needing to borrow a few after she unwraps them.

doc362

quality posts: 4 Private Messages doc362

I've seen these kits for the same price at Walmart (if you factor in shipping). I've got one in my closet. This isn't a deal. Pass.

doc362

quality posts: 4 Private Messages doc362
smeglet wrote:I can't believe all the discussion about value. CVS online has the large kits at $12.99 each and the "to go" kits at $1.49. You are getting two of each. Let me get my calculator out....

That's a $28.96 value. Even if you only buy ONE set, you are saving $17.97 (28.96 - $10.99). If you buy two sets, you will save $40.94 ($57.92 - $16.98) Might as well continue all the way. If you buy three sets, you will save $63.91 ($86.88 - $22.97)

Um, at that savings just toss the two little single serve neosporins that are almost out of code (they only do one bandaid each anyway) and buy a jumbo tube two - pack at BJ's (or Sam's club, depending on where you are)!

Phew..... now off to buy for myself...

Since when has anyone shopped CVS for a deal.. They're easily one of the most overpriced stores imaginable. They're only worth considering for prescriptions and advertised deals. Everything else is at least 20-30% more expensive than any other store.

These things are cheap and plentiful if you look for them. My guess is that most people haven't priced them at local shops.

The Woot price on this item is average or slightly below average (yes, even with 2). Look for the Johnson and Johnson brand and you'll see.

Other brands that include much more useful items than just a few band aids, some gauze, and a less than impressive first aid book can be more expensive, but that's not what you're looking at here.

You're basically buying a bunch of band aids in a plastic box with a red cross on it for $11. Whatever makes you feel safe at night, I guess.

It's definitely not a deal.

brylpete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brylpete

I can't wait to cut myself!

Bryan L. Petersen

Tempusvn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tempusvn
belowi wrote:Strangely overpriced, but with good reviews at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Johnson-Large-Ready-Organized-First/dp/B0013OFRN2/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1332480976&sr=1-3

If you look closely, that's not the same kit. There seem to be two out there, one with just bandages and one with some medications like Tylenol and Immodium.

leviatan15

Gamesim4 wrote:Wish I had these last Saturday, fell off my bike and my J&J kit at home was rather empty.

I'm probably going to consolidate 2 of these to a new package with additional items.

Next time watch where you're going and you wouldn't have to pay for the band-aid kit.

artwire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages artwire

Do I dare submit a Woot receipt to my flexible spending account? They eliminated most over the counter items, but I think they still cover bandages...

209Mason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 209Mason
doc362 wrote:
You're basically buying a bunch of band aids in a plastic box with a red cross on it for $11. Whatever makes you feel safe at night, I guess.

It's definitely not a deal.

You do realize it's 2 kits + 2 travel kits for each woot right? It definitely IS a deal if you get 3 of them (ie 6 kits and 6 to go kits), the total is $22.97. By my math that comes out to around $3.83 per kit (not counting the to go kits). That's a bit cheaper than $11, ha.

So I fail to see the argument. At my local Walmart you can get 30 band aids and 12 gauze pads alone for about $4.75 . By ordering 3 sets (6 + 6), you're way ahead and basically getting everything apart from the 34 band aids free in each set.

Borkoman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Borkoman

With the kids sports season in full swing, these are perfect to carry with you in your car to tournaments. We've been buying stuff separately and making our own kits, but there's no way you could beat this deal buying it all separately.