pgbabcock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pgbabcock

Nice, Woot! After stiffing me at lunchtime on "the Denon A/V receiver that wouldn't go away", you provide this woot by which I can heal my wounds! Great thinking! Count 3 gone...

I've used similar to these for years in the camper, in the house, in the "hunting lodge"... Great kit - and the "to go" kit is great for the car glove box, console, or your tool kit. And this price CAN NOT be beat!

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77
doc362 wrote:

You're basically buying a bunch of band aids in a plastic box with a red cross on it for $11. Whatever makes you feel safe at night, I guess.

It's definitely not a deal.

It is if you buy 3.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

navj38

quality posts: 0 Private Messages navj38

One comment was "only on woot would there be so many comments about Band Aids at 6:30 in the morning". Another post asked if they were cloth or plastic. Who the H*ll cares if you have a cut and you are bleeding, you stupid tadpole. Remember, you can't fix stupid. Not even with a Band Aid!

wiggie2gone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiggie2gone

I can't even get the amount of band-aids for this price. In for one for each of my vehicles.

pgbabcock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pgbabcock
rworthin wrote:... here's a great way to make your own little to-go packs:

You can also use the same process to make travel size Vaseline, alcohol gel, toothpaste, aloe... anything that's gel-ish ...

Cool! I'm going to use this to package up some jello-shots!

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

These are great to keep in the car!

shadow7118

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadow7118

Everyone is forgetting about the all important (1) Coupon Book (up to $15 in values)!!!!!!!!!

leviatan15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leviatan15
navj38 wrote:One comment was "only on woot would there be so many comments about Band Aids at 6:30 in the morning". Another post asked if they were cloth or plastic. Who the H*ll cares if you have a cut and you are bleeding, you stupid tadpole. Remember, you can't fix stupid. Not even with a Band Aid!

Yes i agree my friend, too much whining about nothing.........

whatsmypassword

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whatsmypassword
c2jflk wrote:I do wonder what the expiration date is one some of the items... Hmm, still looks like a good deal for the bandages alone.

That is my question too. I bought one of these awhile back and the stuff was old and the band aids would not stick and the part you peel off was melted to the band aid. Still a very good price.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

A great buy for any Cub Scout leader or family. Will cover a variety of needs that may arise during overnight Baloo/Webelos camping or activities.

Plus it can be a learning tool to help those young Cubs towards Health and Fitness requirements (the May 2012 theme, by the way).

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

sbdb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sbdb

That was a beyond quality post. Thanks for sharing.

leviatan15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leviatan15
shadow7118 wrote:Everyone is forgetting about the all important (1) Coupon Book (up to $15 in values)!!!!!!!!!

You got some to share?

ivykeep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivykeep

Those injury prone CA residents were just awake at 9 pm California time. It's fun to watch the map change as the East coast wakes up and buys but the middle of the country and west coast is now sleeping (but the West coast got a head start).

sg219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sg219

In for 3! Now I can bandage my wounds after getting mauled by a rabid swarm of stink bugs!

SG219

35 Shirt Woots, 29 Woot Woots, 4 Home Woots, 3 Kid Woots....

offline999

quality posts: 4 Private Messages offline999
olcubmaster wrote:A great buy for any Cub Scout leader or family. Will cover a variety of needs that may arise during overnight Baloo/Webelos camping or activities.

Plus it can be a learning tool to help those young Cubs towards Health and Fitness requirements (the May 2012 theme, by the way).

My sentiments exactly. In for 3 for my Pack.
Get 'em now people 'cause the button is BOUNCING!!!

wvutkep1002

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wvutkep1002

super no brainer with kids, one for home, one for the family vehicle and the travel ones go good in the work car and mommy's purse.

thanks jumbowoot for the $5 coupon!

IN FOR ONE!

I just keep buying more and more crap...

iamis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages iamis

Cool, they aren't refurbished!

wvutkep1002

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wvutkep1002
leviatan15 wrote:You got some to share?

not woot coupons, the coupon book is included in the first aid kit (read item contents in description)

:-)

I just keep buying more and more crap...

rworthin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rworthin
pgbabcock wrote:Cool! I'm going to use this to package up some jello-shots!

You know, if you get the really big straws used for bubble tea, that would actually totally work (though not as awesome as big syringes sans needle). Maybe one straw per shot, though, for reasonable portion sizes. Now I must try this...

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma
navj38 wrote:One comment was "only on woot would there be so many comments about Band Aids at 6:30 in the morning". Another post asked if they were cloth or plastic. Who the H*ll cares if you have a cut and you are bleeding, you stupid tadpole. Remember, you can't fix stupid. Not even with a Band Aid!

The person who asked may have a latex allergy. Often, the plastics Bandaids have the allergen while the cloth do not. Also, I've noticed that the cloth ones hold up better anyway.

FallenAnjel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages FallenAnjel

Expiration Dates on new items is usually 18-24 months.

As for what works AFTER an expiration date, I have Neosporin that expired 3-4 YEARS ago and it works fine. (I just used it last night) My rule of thumb: if it looks and smells fine, it should work. I figure it just won't work if it's expired.

Now I use that rule of thumb for stuff like Neosporin, itching cream, etc. For pills like Advil, etc... Even tho I don't use it a lot I never have them long enough for them to expire.

~~Fallen Anjel
www.facebook.com/gtdphoto
www.facebook.com/gtdenterprisesinc
~My body is a cage. My mind holds the key. (Except I lost the key...)
~I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.

buildintechie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages buildintechie

I wonder what the expiration date on these supplies are.

melodyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melodyr

Glad to see they were new and not refurbished ...

lilbrownbat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilbrownbat

It's a good deal for minor cuts and scrapes, not so good for anything beyond that really. I'd suggest a few additions, but more importantly getting some first aid training if you think you might have to deal with anything non-trivial. Having the gear doesn't matter if you don't know how to use it.

roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter

Only tells me it's sold out when I try to pay.

Majic2930

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Majic2930

Ugh - just sold out as I was attempting to buy

wgortney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wgortney

being a father of 2 boys...thought this was a great purchase. will put one in both of my cars

KillianMick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KillianMick

I'm in for 2. I have kids in dorms at various universities and they're always dinging themselves on something (or their suitemate is doing it).

Averages to 44 and change per - well worth it just for the bandages for me. I like that there are gloves included as well.

dirtybirdsoaps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtybirdsoaps

BAH! First thing in the morning and it's already sold out. I was in for 3 got all the way to submit the order to get a sold out

Great deal though!

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad
caprafan wrote:Thank God they didn't say they're refurbished.

ewwww

wvtroutfisherman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wvtroutfisherman

Ahh. I was in the process of trying to buy this and now its sold out. Rats!!

Any chance more will be available??

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
roadhunter wrote:Only tells me it's sold out when I try to pay.

Me too! I'm so disappointed. With two kids, and a husband who is suddenly into taking them into the great outdoors for hikes, and who bought the whole family a pair of roller skates AND a pair of roller blades within a two week period (that's 4 pairs of roller skates and 4 pairs of roller blades, mind you)...we could have REALLY used this deal. I'm an avid couponer...and you'd never get all this stuff at a price like this, even with coupons. To reach the "buy it" page for nothing was a real let-down. :-(

aafalke

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aafalke
seahokedrama wrote:Yeah, I didn't bother even try this time. Didn't sit through the woot-off like I normally do. Sure, maybe some good deals- but the real attraction is the Bags... and there is simply no way to win them anymore without using third party software. I'm not really too bothered with woot-offs anymore.

Not true at all. I got mine using Google Chrome and my F5 button. Just me, my laptop, and a large glass of wine once the order page started malfunctioning.

And to the guy complaining he didn't know about the woot-off because it started later than usual, I say this: Seriously? Nothing good was on in those first 6 hours anyway. If it had started at the "right" time, and they then offered the Crapola 6 hours earlier than they did (8/9pm ET), you would have been screwed anyway cause you would have been at work still, where you apparently are not a slave to your email. Would you be complaining about that today instead?

Also, the shipping's a deal killer for me too. I know I can stop by Wally or Target and get a good kit for $10, sure with a little less "stuff," but I scored a case of Band-Aids a few months ago off here, so I've got extras.

jaredelouis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaredelouis

next item please... hello?...

labyrinthia

quality posts: 15 Private Messages labyrinthia

Wow, 24k in sales AND sold out before 8 am!

I'm glad I was up late last night and bought three. These will come in handy over the summer for skinned knees and other such things.

monstermack77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages monstermack77

I missed the last two bundles of cabbage because I had to quickly go AFK....then I get online, see the first aid kit and click the buy it now button...sold out.

Just not my lucky week.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

D'oh!! I waited a few minutes to walk the dogs and missed this! I really needed it too.

I have the travel packs in my purse and overnight bags, the large cases are in the cars and bathroom. They are extremely useful.

Especially since I fall down a lot. Last night for example, I tripped over and ripped my foot open on a NylaBone. See what I mean? I totally needed this.

aliciamiller31

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliciamiller31
jaredelouis wrote:next item please... hello?...

I know. It's been stalled a while. Hope it's not over.

WalkinPneumonia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WalkinPneumonia

That sucks. Just missed this one.

jdslick9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdslick9

Damn, late to the game on these. These would have been great for the home and cars.