gilberts0207

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gilberts0207

did anyone on the west coast get to take advantage of this deal ? I logged on to my email at 8 am PST and it was SOLD OUT.

EmmetBrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EmmetBrown
sdc100 wrote:

Any bandage that is no longer sealed in its wrapper should be discarded because it's no longer sterile.

Good point. On the other hand, storing them in cool dry places extends their life. We've had band aids that were packed in our travel trailer that we forgot about. At least 6 or 7 years old stored in zip closure baggies which in turn were in Tupperware style containers. They were perfectly fine.

gilberts0207

eiregb32 wrote:Not much of a chance to buy "sold out" for us west coasters.

Yep that was my experience too.

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100
docflash wrote:this is a good item to have.

one hint: always keep the first aid kit in the *kitchen* - after all, when was the last time you got burned or cut in the bathroom?

ALL THE TIME. Both men and women often cut themselves shaving. And if you're a drag queen. you're at double risk!

I actually tell patients to avoid keeping medical items (including meds) in the bathroom or kitchen because of the heat and humidity, Keep in mind that most of these bandages are not hermetically sealed so both the wrapper and bandages can be compromised by heat and steam.

Also, it's a;ways a good idea to put your medical items in a ZipLoc™ bag. Use a heavy duty freezer bag, if possible. Squeeze out the air to minimize microbes even more. This is an especially good hint if you live in a humid area, or are prone to floods and other disasters. A bonus of having all your supplies and meds in one bag is that you can easily grab everything in case you need to flee, i.e. a fire. And if left behind, the supplies will be protected from the water used in fighting the fire. Prescription meds are, of course, more important than over-the-counter things like aspirin.

wazkelley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wazkelley

I prefer just to rub dirt in it.

sdc100

EmmetBrown wrote:Good point. On the other hand, storing them in cool dry places extends their life. We've had band aids that were packed in our travel trailer that we forgot about. At least 6 or 7 years old stored in zip closure baggies which in turn were in Tupperware style containers. They were perfectly fine.

Hah! I was writing another post that said the same exact thing when you posted this. See the post right after yours. Great minds think alike!

gilberts0207

West Coasters not feelin any WOOT love !

LagerVsAle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LagerVsAle

Sold out?!?

Guys the Woot-off is over, no new items today.

mephistopheles04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mephistopheles04

Wow... so happy I bought two last night. I didn't think they would sell out this fast.

ksassy71

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ksassy71
Geethatsgr8 wrote:I think three would have sufficed. You could have combined a few items from the larger sets into the to-go sets and ended up with 6 kits. No one...and I mean no one...would need both of these kits in a car at any given time. An order of 3 should have been plenty. I don't know why Woot even bothers with a 3 per-order limit when people use multiple accounts to get more anyway. And I think if people are cocky enough to ADMIT that they ordered more than they were supposed to right here on the message boards, then Woot should look their account up and cancel one of the orders. Just sayin'.

The deal was for a 2 pack (which was actually 2 large kit, 2 small kits), so 6 was the correct legit, account limit, 3 orders of 2. I didn't order any, but at least I have my facts straight.

theweejee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theweejee

Damn these sold out quick...that sucks...Really needed some..

keriah

quality posts: 2 Private Messages keriah
hcl777 wrote:Technically, Alaskans have first dibs for tomorrow's Woots at 9:00 PM AKDT, while Hawaiians can check tomorrow's Woots at 7:00 PM HST.
)

No, I mean that those of us in Hawaii and Alaska cannot BUY from Woot, period, for any item, ever. (only from Shirt Woot). Woot only sells to the 48 contiguous states. Kinda makes that map representation pointless. And silly, seeing that Amazon has figured out Hawaii fulfillment just fine.

sdc100

wazkelley wrote:I prefer just to rub dirt in it.

Some cultures actually rub soil into wounds but I do NOT recommend it. If it works, the likely mechanism is that harmless microbes in the soil fend off harmful ones that infect humans. But again, I don't recommend it because there's no guarantee that the germs in the soil are harmless.

bayportbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayportbob

Wow. Just amazing it sold out that fast!

wooting since 07.17.07

tthompson68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tthompson68

this sucks - they sold out before I even got out of bed

sdc100

keriah wrote:No, I mean that those of us in Hawaii and Alaska cannot BUY from Woot, period, for any item, ever. (only from Shirt Woot). Woot only sells to the 48 contiguous states. Kinda makes that map representation pointless. And silly, seeing that Amazon has figured out Hawaii fulfillment just fine.

Actually, you can buy from Woot. You just can't have it shipped to you. Buyers outside of the continental US just needs to ship it to someone on the mainland, who will then forward it to them.

sdc100

tthompson68 wrote:this sucks - they sold out before I even got out of bed

Well, I hope s/he was worth missing this Woot for.

darkpyxie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkpyxie

I am bummed they sold out before 10AM Pacific.

gsmayes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsmayes

I wish Woot would focus more on this kind of stuff; deals on inexpensive items that a lot of people need. Instead we get laptop after laptop, how many of those things am I supposed to buy? I saw this before work and was going to investigate during lunch, but it sold out too quickly.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I had no idea people needed Band-Aids so much.

Anyone remember when first aid kits included tools like scissors, tweezers, and disposable scalpels?

wingnutzero

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wingnutzero

I'm bummed they sold out by the time I checked Woot at 6am Pacfific time. I would have definitely bought at least one.

Now I'm going to bleed to death the next time I'm in an accident, just because I wanted to sleep while Woot was selling these kits. Stupid sleep.

jmg727

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmg727

Good Woot. Do it again!

aaa121

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aaa121
sdc100 wrote:ALL THE TIME. Both men and women often cut themselves shaving. And if you're a drag queen. you're at double risk!

I actually tell patients to avoid keeping medical items (including meds) in the bathroom or kitchen because of the heat and humidity, Keep in mind that most of these bandages are not hermetically sealed so both the wrapper and bandages can be compromised by heat and steam.

Also, it's a;ways a good idea to put your medical items in a ZipLoc™ bag. Use a heavy duty freezer bag, if possible. Squeeze out the air to minimize microbes even more. This is an especially good hint if you live in a humid area, or are prone to floods and other disasters. A bonus of having all your supplies and meds in one bag is that you can easily grab everything in case you need to flee, i.e. a fire. And if left behind, the supplies will be protected from the water used in fighting the fire. Prescription meds are, of course, more important than over-the-counter things like aspirin.

seriously...you cut yourself that bad shaving that you use a bandaid??? don't think i've ever done that.

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
ksassy71 wrote:The deal was for a 2 pack (which was actually 2 large kit, 2 small kits), so 6 was the correct legit, account limit, 3 orders of 2. I didn't order any, but at least I have my facts straight.

Yes, I got that. But the guy said he ordered SIX. He didn't say, "I ordered THREE sets so I'd have six kits". He said he ordered SIX, which either means he got confused when he wrote how many he purchased, or he used two accounts to order 3 sets each time.
I know what the set came with. I read the deal. That's why I said 3 sets would have sufficed. (3x2=6)

biggoron

quality posts: 11 Private Messages biggoron

good to see the Woot writers have a sense of humor

Quality post? Me??

keriah

quality posts: 2 Private Messages keriah
sdc100 wrote:Actually, you can buy from Woot. You just can't have it shipped to you. Buyers outside of the continental US just needs to ship it to someone on the mainland, who will then forward it to them.

Ah, yes, but then the sale would 'count' under THAT state's sales (lighten their state's image), yes? Or are you saying that Woot tallies a sale by the state of the cc used for the purchase rather than for the ship-to address of the sale?

daniellemiree77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daniellemiree77
Geethatsgr8 wrote: I don't know why Woot even bothers with a 3 per-order limit when people use multiple accounts to get more anyway. And I think if people are cocky enough to ADMIT that they ordered more than they were supposed to right here on the message boards, then Woot should look their account up and cancel one of the orders. Just sayin'.

It's funny that people care this much about what others spend their money on. Everyone that shops Woot! knows what time they put up new deals. If it sells out usually they will have it on a Woot Off! and continue selling it at random times for the next 6 months or so until everyone starts complaining about it being "this again!". I didnt buy one but I'm almost positive there will be other chances of getting one at this price. I think everyone that wants one today will get their chance in the future months.

leav97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leav97

Dang, I would have bought 3.

almirar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages almirar
caprafan wrote:Thank God they didn't say they're refurbished.

LOL

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
Geethatsgr8 wrote:He didn't say, "I ordered THREE sets so I'd have six kits".

Actually, that's *exactly* what he said:

adamiam wrote:My beautiful wife is always hurting herself. So I got her six first aid kits to stash everywhere. Thanks for saving my wife Woot!

"six first aid kits" = 3 sets of 2 = 6 first aid kits.

edit: or maybe you were referencing someone else who bought quantity 3 and I'm misunderstanding. Lots of people did, though, and they aren't breaking any rules.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta
aaa121 wrote:seriously...you cut yourself that bad shaving that you use a bandaid??? don't think i've ever done that.

I have gotten in too big of a hurry and ended up with a 3 inch long chunk of skin gone from my leg that I then have to dig out of the razor before I can continue shaving through the dripping blood. And I've done it multiple times. Not sure what that says about me...

That mostly happened in college...living in a dorm...tiny shower...bad lighting...nowhere to prop up my leg while shaving...

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

franwier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages franwier
ThunderThighs wrote:

Great work Woot - thanks for listening! I loved the multiple offerings of Bunnies Ogling Carrots it was so much more exciting - they popped up everywhere just like Spring flowers I scored on 3 monkeys - Thanks TT for your company throughout the wootoff

stevenlee212

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stevenlee212
franwier wrote:Great work Woot - thanks for listening! I loved the multiple offerings of Bunnies Ogling Carrots it was so much more exciting - they popped up everywhere just like Spring flowers I scored on 3 monkeys - Thanks TT for your company throughout the wootoff

I use to have the same enthusiasm as you about scoring a bag of d00ki3 ... but as I started to receive my offerings in the mail I quickly realized that the stuff woot puts into those bags 90% of the time sux

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
stevenlee212 wrote:I use to have the same enthusiasm as you about scoring a bag of d00ki3 ... but as I started to receive my offerings in the mail I quickly realized that the stuff woot puts into those bags 90% of the time sux

You seriously think it's about what you GET in your Bag O'Crap? Oh, you're playing the wrong game. It's all about the chase, not the quarry.

lroux

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lroux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32sLLXTGQDg

Somebody, Get me a Bandaid!

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

Nine pages of comments about band-aids? This rivals the batteries discussion.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

I just got to say it Woot!!!I have been here a long time,and yesterdays Wootoff has to be one for the record books,5!!! bags in a 24 hr period!! I had never seen that before,and boy!! was that a surprise for every Wooter.I did'nt get a bag allllll day,but that's ok,this Wootoff was a lot of fun.Thanks Woot employee's.

bhb399mm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhb399mm

Missed it I would have totally bought this one.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bolligra wrote:Nine pages of comments about band-aids? This rivals the batteries discussion.

It's a bit like staring into the abyss after a while.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
jezebelseven wrote:"six first aid kits" = 3 sets of 2 = 6 first aid kits.

edit: or maybe you were referencing someone else who bought quantity 3 and I'm misunderstanding. Lots of people did, though, and they aren't breaking any rules.

I was referring to the guy who said this:
"Really. One for each of our five vehicles (teenage drivers in the home) and one for the house equals a need for six of them."

Most people who buy 1, 2 or 3 of the sets usually just post "In for 2" etc. That's what was throwing me off. He may have meant "3" sets. But it wasn't worded that way.

Lordy, of all the comments I've ever made on Woot, I can't believe this is the one that actually gets responses. I'll stick to my generic, useless and non-opinionated comments from now on. LOL