huphelmeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huphelmeyer
computermd82 wrote:Any other Deep Space 9 fans here?

Yes! Very underrated.

sanssona

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sanssona

Battlestar Glactica and FIREFLY!

gloryhound421

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gloryhound421

Whilst I am a fan of Firefly and Futurama, I still think the best one has to be Warehouse 13, currently on Sci Fi. Go watch it, I'll wait.

theiking

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theiking

How in the hell did you not add the Stargate Franchise. The united states longest consecutive running show. 17 years always new episodes

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

Firefly!

morgan834

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgan834

Hands down -- Babylon 5

reiver69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reiver69

Firefly, BSG, Jericho (sci-fi but not space-related), SG-1, SG Atlantis, SG Universe, etc, etc, etc

reiver69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reiver69
reiver69 wrote:Firefly, BSG, Jericho (sci-fi but not space-related), SG-1, SG Atlantis, SG Universe, etc, etc, etc

and Warehouse 13, Eureka, etc. Now Sci-Fi is mostly wrestling and History Channel is mostly weird Sci-Fi "documentaries". I use the term documentaries lightly...

naudiaakaknott

quality posts: 2 Private Messages naudiaakaknott

WHY THE HECK IS FIREFLY NOT ON HERE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? FIREFLY ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!

kittywuss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittywuss

Firefly!!!!!

madkaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madkaugh

Better than the list:

Various incarnations of The Outer Limits

The Twilight Zone, especially the original, although not strictly sci fi

Amazing Stories

Space, Above and Beyond.

Firefly/Serenity

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was getting good when it abruptly terminated

Star Trek TOS gets props for being cutting edge when it first aired. Next gen has some particularly good stories.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, British Series

Futurama is consistently clever.

The Stargates are pretty good.

Battlestar Galactica reboot & Caprica

tmmurphy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tmmurphy

Oh yeah-- Another chance to boost "Firefly"
Doesn't Everybody know Joss Whedon is the most geniusy genius of all TV and Movie time? Roddenbury Shmoddenbury. And I'm even a Trekkie (Trekkor?) Seen 'em all and all that.

bogus

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bogus

While it wouldn't be my choice, as soon as I noticed Firefly wasn't on the list I knew there would be 400+ comments.

ladyplf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyplf

The list is so inadequate. Where is:
Babylon 5?
Twilight Zone?
Star Gate?
Alien Nation?

seezer1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seezer1

Lost

everrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everrich

We aim to misbehave.

davmac5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davmac5

I'm with Ninjawraith...
Firefly w/ 2004 Battlestar as runnerup, then Stargates, then Next Gen Star Trek, then any Star Trek, then I can't believe Maxheadroom got a mention

Acarolinensis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Acarolinensis

Babylon 5 was good with incredible story arcs but then they would end them with the most simplistic resolutions. The shadow war was foreshadowed (sorry) in at least one or two prior seasons, then wrapped up in 2-3 episodes? The war itself should have been good for more than one season. You always got the feeling that the arcs ended abruptly because funding was running out and not certain for the next year.

ST Enterprise has been criticized here, but the Xindi story arc was definitely socially redeeming.

But my vote is for Futurama, at least until I track down and see Firefly. 'Nuff said.

Acarolinensis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Acarolinensis

So is the Woot! marketing research on which DVD sets to offer? (Nuff said for sure this time . . .)

amoraluv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amoraluv

Lexx
I don't care what u say Lexx was the most revved up show ever

jreavill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jreavill

Battlestar Galactica (2004) and Caprica (Gone too soon!) So say we all!!

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

Stargate.

(SG-1 only. none of the spinoffs really did it for me.)

jasonwatkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonwatkins
laurahermsen wrote:Firefly! Long live Nathan Fillion!

+1

Darmok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Darmok

Babylon 5

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

Unanswerable poll, because the genre is so wide. How can you compare X-Files to Twilight Zone to Battlestar Galactica to Quantum Leap? All are nominally sci-fi, but are also so different that saying one is 'better' than the other is a dubious proposition, at best.

(also, somewhat amazed, but not really surprised given all the whedonites out there, at all the 'Firefly is the best EVAR!!!!' posts. Yes, the season was great, but I don't think that it is head-and-shoulders above the BSG remake, or Star Trek DS9, or Doctor Who w/ the 10th Doctor.)