GuardianBob


quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
ThunderThighs wrote:That question is hard to answer. Someone else asked about batteries.

Does electricity mean plug into the wall or also batteries? You need to be specific in your questions.



You could have said yes to this and been right about any product that requires batteries, or to be plugged in, or charged, or even a human to move.

Yes electricity is vague here, but even a shirt requires it to be used (the electricity in a human body to move muscles and such.) But trying to hold the batteries but no electricity in my head at the same time kinda confused me, unless you were hinting at a sock full of batteries.

theant


quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant
ThunderThighs wrote:Maybe. Depend on how long I stay ticked off.



OK... everybody make sure you don't post any REAL guess till at least 30 minutes till after the start OK...? we have to get back in TT's good graces.. I don't want to be thinking about pork every single day this week...

thumperchick


quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, my clue had nothing to do with it. It was the right questions.

The clue 'pork' was because I was still ticked off from the last game that lasted only 2 minutes.



This, right here, is a good reason to ignore the clues.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

meems212 wrote:Thanks again for the game TT, as usual I had fun. My week was so boring waiting to play >.<



Heh. I may have to think of something new. These are ending way to quick.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

joshobra


quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
ThunderThighs wrote:Indeed I am!



LOL. Oh wow, always thought you're a dude the whole time I've been roaming this site.

Good game! This is actually my first time on this game since I usually get lost on where to find it, lol. Can't wait til tomorrow!

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

notanaardvark


quality posts: 4 Private Messages notanaardvark
ThunderThighs wrote:Maybe. Depend on how long I stay ticked off.



ROFL.
Kind of adds to the challenge. I like it!

theant


quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant
ThunderThighs wrote:Heh. I may have to think of something new. These are ending way to quick.



Maybe you could put in a point system or something where only those people who get "yes" to a question are allowed to make a product guess?... probably not likely to happen since I don't think we could police ourselves that well..

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

GuardianBob wrote:You could have said yes to this and been right about any product that requires batteries, or to be plugged in, or charged, or even a human to move.

Yes electricity is vague here, but even a shirt requires it to be used (the electricity in a human body to move muscles and such.) But trying to hold the batteries but no electricity in my head at the same time kinda confused me, unless you were hinting at a sock full of batteries.

Yeah, I fretted a bit about that question even before the game started.

In the reverse, had I said yes then someone might have asked why when it didn't plug into the wall. Again, specific questions are the best solution to vague answers.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

thumperchick


quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
ThunderThighs wrote:Heh. I may have to think of something new. These are ending way to quick.



You'll stump us someday.

w00tgurl


quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl
ThunderThighs wrote:Heh. I may have to think of something new. These are ending way to quick.



you just have some sharp knives in the drawer now, forget the "good ole days" with 45 minute drawn out games. those players couldn't hold a candle ;)

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

theant wrote:Maybe you could put in a point system or something where only those people who get "yes" to a question are allowed to make a product guess?... probably not likely to happen since I don't think we could police ourselves that well..


Yeah, I don't have time to keep track of people vs guesses. It's possible a lurker could just watch the questions and post the right answer. They're still using the clues....



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jessiebyrd004


quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004
dliidlii wrote:Talk about a weed killer.This is NOT a good deal



Refurbed and STILL somewhat overpriced. Isn't the world over ipods anyways?

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thumperchick wrote:You'll stump us someday.



I really thought this was it. When you (?) asked if it was a massager.... I hollered out "OH COME ON!!!!"



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

lalaclassic


quality posts: 51 Private Messages lalaclassic

That was fun! :-)

thumperchick


quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
ThunderThighs wrote:I really thought this was it. When you (?) asked if it was a massager.... I hollered out "OH COME ON!!!!"



Do I make you yell at the screen often? Because I get the feeling that I do.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lalaclassic wrote:That was fun! :-)



YAY! See y'all tomorrow at 11pm CDT. Don't know which site yet. Just watch the Discussion box on the Woot main page for directions to the game. I try to post it about an hour before it starts.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

GuardianBob


quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, I fretted a bit about that question even before the game started.

In the reverse, had I said yes then someone might have asked why when it didn't plug into the wall. Again, specific questions are the best solution to vague answers.



LOL, I would have pointed them to wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28electricity%29

meems212


quality posts: 3 Private Messages meems212
ThunderThighs wrote:I really thought this was it. When you (?) asked if it was a massager.... I hollered out "OH COME ON!!!!"



Well the clues kinda helped with that, you can wear it, batteries, not made of fabric, etc

theant


quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant
ThunderThighs wrote:I really thought this was it. When you (?) asked if it was a massager.... I hollered out "OH COME ON!!!!"



yep.. the two clues that finally did you in... "massager" "pulse" and then it was just a matter of moments

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

theant wrote:yep.. the two clues that finally did you in... "massager" "pulse" and then it was just a matter of moments

How did you think of the question pulse? It was you, right?



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

RV617


quality posts: 3 Private Messages RV617

I don't want to talk about the results I got when I googled "pig massage."

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RV617 wrote:I don't want to talk about the results I got when I googled "pig massage."



Awwww, this one is kinda cute!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

theant


quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant
ThunderThighs wrote:How did you think of the question pulse? It was you, right?



Yeah... I asked pulse... and it was the massage that put me up to it... I was trying to figure out how massage and pork went together... LIke I commented before I saw a link where none existed, pork and pulse both start with the letter P... and some massagers have a pulse option... so I thought I would give it a try

sadsephiroth


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sadsephiroth

Pre check google-ablity ahead of time. Or maybe make us guess the brand only first, then the product. I dunno, but with all the deals.wooters here, you know we can find what we want faster than a Woot monkey can scare a cat.

RV617


quality posts: 3 Private Messages RV617
ThunderThighs wrote:Awwww, this one is kinda cute!




Yeah, *that* one is.

theant


quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant
sadsephiroth wrote:Pre check google-ablity ahead of time. Or maybe make us guess the brand only first, then the product. I dunno, but with all the deals.wooters here, you know we can find what we want faster than a Woot monkey can scare a cat.



I agree in principal.. .but for me personally I have added less than 6 deals to the deals.woot site... it's mostly me commenting and voting on questions that got me my purple triangle... that and I always have a 100% on my awesome score... still not sure what that is.. but always at the top

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sadsephiroth wrote:Pre check google-ablity ahead of time. Or maybe make us guess the brand only first, then the product. I dunno, but with all the deals.wooters here, you know we can find what we want faster than a Woot monkey can scare a cat.



Oh, I do check Google a ton for my clues. Remember, my clue was PORK! Y'all are just ask very good questions. I thought this one might last at least 20 minutes.

My other clues would have been:

knead = massage

good fortune = translation of the Latin 'prospera'

Then I had a couple random pics if needed.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

notanaardvark


quality posts: 4 Private Messages notanaardvark
ThunderThighs wrote:Heh. I may have to think of something new. These are ending way to quick.



Ummm -you could start 15 minutes later?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

notanaardvark wrote:Ummm -you could start 15 minutes later?



LOL. Wouldn't change the length of the game.

On the few times we've had long games, I was worried about closing in on midnight. We've had two 48 minute games.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

notanaardvark


quality posts: 4 Private Messages notanaardvark
ThunderThighs wrote:LOL. Wouldn't change the length of the game.

On the few times we've had long games, I was worried about closing in on midnight. We've had two 48 minute games.



I think part of the fun is the fast pace, but you could just answer more slowly. Lots of guesses would pile up, but the answers would still be in the same order. That would probably make the game more about research than just guessing.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

notanaardvark wrote:I think part of the fun is the fast pace, but you could just answer more slowly. Lots of guesses would pile up, but the answers would still be in the same order. That would probably make the game more about research than just guessing.

Hmmmmm, now there's an idea. If I can keep my panic attacks from being so far behind under control.....



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

whatsamattaU


quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU
ThunderThighs wrote:Hmmmmm, now there's an idea. If I can keep my panic attacks from being so far behind under control.....



russellcoleman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages russellcoleman
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, I fretted a bit about that question even before the game started.

In the reverse, had I said yes then someone might have asked why when it didn't plug into the wall. Again, specific questions are the best solution to vague answers.



and you would hopefully say "because the SOURCE of the required electricity is BATTERIES."

ViolaineGray


quality posts: 12 Private Messages ViolaineGray
TiraNomChu wrote:I do believe that pending authorizations are just that: pending.



Nope, it cleared the bank at the higher price.

Should I contact customer service at this point?

ETA: I did drop them a message. Those of us that bought before the price drop will get a refund, but it'll take a little longer to hit the bank. No problems.

Also, got my shipping notice today! Woohoo!

---
Turn your scars into stars.

rymurph


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rymurph

Anyone's shipped yet?

jnevil


quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Apple 8GB iPod touch - Current Gen has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

hpygrl78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hpygrl78

I got my order today....BROKEN!!! I called the 800# for there 30 day but they said to contact you??? How do we do such things...you offer a 90 day warranty?? Seems flimsy when there is no such way of contact other than a maybe/maybe not post on the message board...Pretty disgusted about now! Not sure how I'm supposed to use an ipod that has the screen detached from the body. Awesome...NOT my favorite woot! Should have known better on this one!

I might also add, it came looking like it got thrown down Mt Saint Helens. Terrible condition. I could have guessed my first look at it, it was going to fall apart. the volume buttons had chips in them along with all along the screen. Compete piece of garbage. I hope everybody else has better luck!

mrileyatwoot


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrileyatwoot

Staff

hpygrl78 wrote:I got my order today....BROKEN!!! I called the 800# for there 30 day but they said to contact you??? How do we do such things...you offer a 90 day warranty?? Seems flimsy when there is no such way of contact other than a maybe/maybe not post on the message board...Pretty disgusted about now! Not sure how I'm supposed to use an ipod that has the screen detached from the body. Awesome...NOT my favorite woot! Should have known better on this one!

I might also add, it came looking like it got thrown down Mt Saint Helens. Terrible condition. I could have guessed my first look at it, it was going to fall apart. the volume buttons had chips in them along with all along the screen. Compete piece of garbage. I hope everybody else has better luck!



Firstly, I'm very sorry for the condition the item was received in. If you have an issue like this, please don't hesitate to email us immediately at service@woot.com and we'll gladly assist.

I've sent you a PM with how we can get this resolved for you. I again apologize for the inconvenience!

hpygrl78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hpygrl78
mrileyatwoot wrote:Firstly, I'm very sorry for the condition the item was received in. If you have an issue like this, please don't hesitate to email us immediately at service@woot.com and we'll gladly assist.

I've sent you a PM with how we can get this resolved for you. I again apologize for the inconvenience!






Thank you for your quick response. Sorry for being so rotten. I clearly didn't have much faith in the Woot process. I bow down!!! I've never had to return anything with you and not having a 800 number?? How could that be? I actually prefer the process, my eyes have been opened to all the timed I have saved NOT sitting on hold! Bummer not having a replacement but serves my right. Either way, thanks for the great customer service!!

Andrea

brc4cats


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brc4cats

I work for apple. The camera on the 4th Gen. is 5 Megapixels, not horrible quality for an ipod.

Woot until you can woot no more!!!