justsofine55


quality posts: 0 Private Messages justsofine55

Is there an option to return this item if I purchased it? I wasn't aware that the refurbished ipod would have a different shell and it's scratched up something awful. Cosmetically, this looks awful! Additionally, the earbuds aren't Apple earbuds, they are discolored, and I can't believe I paid $150+ dollars for something that looks like something from a pawn shop!

dshendrik


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dshendrik

Just got mine today. Came in a crappy box with a "refreshed" printout. A far cry from Apple refurb. After reading some posts about poor cosmetic condition and broken ones I'm sending this one back to woot, or filing credit dispute if they not taking it back

Dimitry Shendrik

Brandon Stoll


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brandon Stoll

Got mine today. Upon opening the box, I found that I do not have a handbook, as supposed to be included. Upon powering it up and plugging it in to my computer to charge, I get a message on the ipod that it won't charge. I attempted using different USB ports, rebooting the ipod (turning off and back on). It absolutely will not charge. RMA??

justicepie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages justicepie
Brandon Stoll wrote:Got mine today. Upon opening the box, I found that I do not have a handbook, as supposed to be included. Upon powering it up and plugging it in to my computer to charge, I get a message on the ipod that it won't charge. I attempted using different USB ports, rebooting the ipod (turning off and back on). It absolutely will not charge. RMA??



Same story here, plus the edge around the screen is looking extremely worn.

When plugged in, the iPod reads "Charging is not supported with this accessory."

Um, what? It's an iPod USB cable? Friend assumes the cable isn't compatible with the current gen so I'll have to find alternate means. Maybe solar power?

Well, I get what I paid for, so I'll see if it can last at least the 90 days.

blaculadave


quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

justsofine55 wrote:Is there an option to return this item if I purchased it? I wasn't aware that the refurbished ipod would have a different shell and it's scratched up something awful. Cosmetically, this looks awful! Additionally, the earbuds aren't Apple earbuds, they are discolored, and I can't believe I paid $150+ dollars for something that looks like something from a pawn shop!



Sorry about that. I do see that you sent us and email, so someone should be replying back to you by the end of the day.

dshendrik wrote:Just got mine today. Came in a crappy box with a "refreshed" printout. A far cry from Apple refurb. After reading some posts about poor cosmetic condition and broken ones I'm sending this one back to woot, or filing credit dispute if they not taking it back



Ditto to the above, you should be hearing back from us today.

Brandon Stoll wrote:Got mine today. Upon opening the box, I found that I do not have a handbook, as supposed to be included. Upon powering it up and plugging it in to my computer to charge, I get a message on the ipod that it won't charge. I attempted using different USB ports, rebooting the ipod (turning off and back on). It absolutely will not charge. RMA??



I'm not seeing that you've sent us an email yet, so please send us, well, basically what you just said here...in an email...service@woot.com.

justicepie wrote:Same story here, plus the edge around the screen is looking extremely worn.

When plugged in, the iPod reads "Charging is not supported with this accessory."

Um, what? It's an iPod USB cable? Friend assumes the cable isn't compatible with the current gen so I'll have to find alternate means. Maybe solar power?

Well, I get what I paid for, so I'll see if it can last at least the 90 days.



If you're still not able to get it functioning correctly, please send us an email and we'll get it worked out for you

Brandon Stoll


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brandon Stoll
blaculadave wrote:If you're still not able to get it functioning correctly, please send us an email and we'll get it worked out for you



Thank you for the reply, I've sent an email

KidA0723


quality posts: 11 Private Messages KidA0723

I tried posting as soon as i got mine. But alas, their servers were down so i emailed them directly. The back was plain. And the headphones looked like they came from my local dollar store. I also noticed later how the glass looked terrible around the edges.i know it was stated that these were refurbs, but I was pretty mad being that i looked at all their detal pics and one pic was showing the 8GB engraving on the back. And another pic had apple headphones. So essentially i didnt get what i paid for. I ordered a 32GB ipod touch 3rd gen refurb from woot in 2010 and it came as advertised. This time, ....nope. Thats false advertisment to me.

More Bunnies Ogling Carrots's please!

prozcrito


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prozcrito

I got the same thing, $150 for a refurb that is not an Apple Factory Refurb. If it was an Apple refurb then it would be worth the money especially since my serial indicates I have until 7/2012 for the warranty but how can I bring this to Apple to replace when the back has no Apple markings and there is a small hole next to the camera. Woot normally delivers quality products at great prices for 1 day, but this seems like the 1 day they dropped the ball. Sending 2nd email now.

prozcrito


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prozcrito

This was my letter to them:
From your site I read: To request a final return of a defective product – not a product you don't like, not a product you regret buying..

The clear pictures Woot has displayed on their site is not the unit I received. Which is in clear violation of the Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A. § 1125(a)
"Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities" .

1. The headphones are not Apple factory headphones as advertised by Woot.
2. Your detailed pics advertise clearly the 8GB engraving on the back along with the rest of the official Apple verbiage. Which the unit I was shipped does not contain.

This was definitely not an Apple refurb but the serial number provided on the packaging indicates I have until 7/2012 for the warranty. Apple will not honor the warranty since the refurb has voided the warranty, there are no Apple markings on the rear plate, and there is a small hole next to the camera which is not on Factory and/or refurbished Apple iPod Touches.

Woot normally delivers quality products at great prices, for 1 day, and my colleagues purchase from you as well but future "mishaps" like this may dissuade the masses from purchasing from Woot again.

Please send me an email with procedures on how I should go about returning this item and receiving a full refund.

blaculadave


quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

prozcrito wrote:I got the same thing, $150 for a refurb that is not an Apple Factory Refurb. If it was an Apple refurb then it would be worth the money especially since my serial indicates I have until 7/2012 for the warranty but how can I bring this to Apple to replace when the back has no Apple markings and there is a small hole next to the camera. Woot normally delivers quality products at great prices for 1 day, but this seems like the 1 day they dropped the ball. Sending 2nd email now.



prozcrito wrote:This was my letter to them:
From your site I read: To request a final return of a defective product – not a product you don't like, not a product you regret buying..

The clear pictures Woot has displayed on their site is not the unit I received. Which is in clear violation of the Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A. § 1125(a)
"Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities" .

1. The headphones are not Apple factory headphones as advertised by Woot.
2. Your detailed pics advertise clearly the 8GB engraving on the back along with the rest of the official Apple verbiage. Which the unit I was shipped does not contain.

This was definitely not an Apple refurb but the serial number provided on the packaging indicates I have until 7/2012 for the warranty. Apple will not honor the warranty since the refurb has voided the warranty, there are no Apple markings on the rear plate, and there is a small hole next to the camera which is not on Factory and/or refurbished Apple iPod Touches.

Woot normally delivers quality products at great prices, for 1 day, and my colleagues purchase from you as well but future "mishaps" like this may dissuade the masses from purchasing from Woot again.

Please send me an email with procedures on how I should go about returning this item and receiving a full refund.



Sorry about the delay, we're not fully staffed on the weekends, so some issues get delayed until Monday. Someone should be responding back to you today.

pfisher


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfisher

I'd also like to know the way to return this product. Will there be a reply from staff soon? Thanks.

powerstroke01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerstroke01

Recieved mine today. I cant say im 100% happy.. But the only thing that i dont like is the fit and finish of hte glass and back.. No scratches though. And it seems to work just fine. So its okay. Thats about all i got to say.

ranni1130boo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ranni1130boo

I just received my Apple iPod Touch. I was under the assumption I was buying a certified Apple product. That is not what I received. First, there was no Apple logo on the back of the product. Apple co. ALWAYS puts there logo on there products. Second, the headphones are not made from Apple and it was not the current generation of the 8GB iPod Touch. Third, I tried to upload the newest apps from iTunes and was not able to do so.

Last, after an hour of use, the screen cracked!!!

Therefore I received a defective product which is unacceptable.
I thought WOOT! was a respectable company!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ranni1130boo wrote:I just received my Apple iPod Touch. I was under the assumption I was buying a certified Apple product. That is not what I received. First, there was no Apple logo on the back of the product. Apple co. ALWAYS puts there logo on there products. Second, the headphones are not made from Apple and it was not the current generation of the 8GB iPod Touch. Third, I tried to upload the newest apps from iTunes and was not able to do so.

Last, after an hour of use, the screen cracked!!!

Therefore I received a defective product which is unacceptable.
I thought WOOT! was a respectable company!


As noted on the sale page, these were refurbished iPods, not Apple Recertified.

That said, I am sorry for the issues you are having. You do have a 90-day woot warranty so please email service@woot.com so they may assist you.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

justicepie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages justicepie

Has anyone taken theirs into an Apple store to even check the authenticity of the product? Compared mine to someone elses iPod Touch...and I'm concerned it's NOT even an Apple product.

People complaining of the screen cracking and breaking might further support this theory.

Did Woot get to even see these before putting them on the shelf?

richnilson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages richnilson

Mine arrived yesterday. It will not charge with USB cable plugged into wall or computer. Therefore it does not function.
I called Apple and found it is more than a year out of warranty.
I too thought it was refurbished by Apple. It appears to be junk.
I expect this will be my first and last Woot purchase unless Woot rectifies this.

prettylips01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prettylips01

Just received my 8gb iPod it will not charge. What do I do?

sandiborowski


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sandiborowski

Love you Woot but this product is worse than DEFECTIVE. It does not work at all! Can't charge, download, just plain frozen or dead, not sure which and I tried it on 3 computers. I got a cord/USB plug that is dead, not Apple earbuds, no markings or logos on back plate, no quick start guide. I called Apple support. They told me my telephone technical support is expired and my repairs and service coverage is expired. If I want further service, I need to pay. What? And now I have to pay to return it? Why? Woot, please fix this!!

glennhayhurst


quality posts: 1 Private Messages glennhayhurst

Got mine last week. The iPod seemed ok, but missing the Apple logo on the back AND as everyone else has said, the USB cable does not support charging, however it does transfer data. I emailed woot and they sent out another USB cable that won't charge OR transfer data - totally carp. I emailed again and they said they would send out another one. I BEGGED for someone to verify that the cable worked with an iPod,iPhone or iPad before sending it this time. Still have not received a confirmation of the 2nd replacement cable yet. I told them that if this cable didn't work then it would be time for an RMA. Also the headphones were NOT Apple headphones. Both USB cables so far LOOK like Apple cables, BUT my daughter has a REAL iPod that she got for Christmas and the markings on the cable are in slightly different places. The wire is also more flexible on her cable. The second one that did not work AT ALL had a different color of insulator in the iPod end of the cable and it looked like one side of the connector was missing (inside of the slot).

I found a similar cable on amazon for $1.08 and 90% of the reviews were one star or less and said it didn't work. How can these aftermarket companies get away with selling such junk that they KNOW doesn't work.

I found that the original cable does charge, but takes over 10 hours for a half charge. If I use the cable from my daughers iPod (new from Apple), it charges in about an hour. It also only stays charged up for about 1 1/2 hours of use. I'm guessing that the battery is probably the original and was not replaced in the refurb process.

Tonight I connected it to the USB port on my desktop computer after the iPod had been in standby mode for over an hour and it said that the temperature was too high and it had to cool down before it would work. It was cold to the touch.

Also, I connected it to the USB hub that is built into my monitor. The mouse is also connected to the same hub and the mouse stopped working (THREE TIMES). I had to reboot each time without the iPod connected to get the mouse working again.

For the $20 difference in price, I think I would rather get a NEW one (not refurbished) through Sams Club.

Really really disappointed.

Don't take it out on the good old Woot guys. It's the S#!tty refurb company that dumped them on Woot that should be drawn and quartered, shot, drowned and blown up with C4.

To think, I just wanted to update to something more modern than my 12 year old Palm Pilot (which by the way still works and holds a charge with the original battery).

Sheesh!

DennisWKam


quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

prettylips01 wrote:Just received my 8gb iPod it will not charge. What do I do?



sandiborowski wrote:Love you Woot but this product is worse than DEFECTIVE. It does not work at all!



Sorry for the issues. It looks like you both emailed in. We'll help you out and you should get a reply shortly.

DennisWKam


quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

glennhayhurst wrote:Got mine last week. The iPod seemed ok, but missing the Apple logo on the back AND as everyone else has said, the USB cable does not support charging, however it does transfer data. I emailed woot and they sent out another USB cable that won't charge OR transfer data - totally carp. I emailed again and they said they would send out another one. I BEGGED for someone to verify that the cable worked with an iPod,iPhone or iPad before sending it this time. Still have not received a confirmation of the 2nd replacement cable yet. I told them that if this cable didn't work then it would be time for an RMA. Also the headphones were NOT Apple headphones. Both USB cables so far LOOK like Apple cables, BUT my daughter has a REAL iPod that she got for Christmas and the markings on the cable are in slightly different places. The wire is also more flexible on her cable. The second one that did not work AT ALL had a different color of insulator in the iPod end of the cable and it looked like one side of the connector was missing (inside of the slot).

I found a similar cable on amazon for $1.08 and 90% of the reviews were one star or less and said it didn't work. How can these aftermarket companies get away with selling such junk that they KNOW doesn't work.

I found that the original cable does charge, but takes over 10 hours for a half charge. If I use the cable from my daughers iPod (new from Apple), it charges in about an hour. It also only stays charged up for about 1 1/2 hours of use. I'm guessing that the battery is probably the original and was not replaced in the refurb process.

Tonight I connected it to the USB port on my desktop computer after the iPod had been in standby mode for over an hour and it said that the temperature was too high and it had to cool down before it would work. It was cold to the touch.

Also, I connected it to the USB hub that is built into my monitor. The mouse is also connected to the same hub and the mouse stopped working (THREE TIMES). I had to reboot each time without the iPod connected to get the mouse working again.

For the $20 difference in price, I think I would rather get a NEW one (not refurbished) through Sams Club.

Really really disappointed.

Don't take it out on the good old Woot guys. It's the S#!tty refurb company that dumped them on Woot that should be drawn and quartered, shot, drowned and blown up with C4.

To think, I just wanted to update to something more modern than my 12 year old Palm Pilot (which by the way still works and holds a charge with the original battery).

Sheesh!



I checked and we're still working on getting the second cable sent out. However, it seems like you're having other issues with the iPod anyway, so email back and we'll give you some other options.

Lister22


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Lister22

Wow. I just got mine after being away on vacation all last week and I thought the box looked a little shady. I was just going to store it for a few months until my daughters' birthday in May, but after reading all these comments I decided to open it up.

True, it doesn't have any Apple markings on it anymore, and it came with different earbuds and no quick start guide, but it doesn't appear to be scratched up, I don't need a quick start guide, and Apple earbuds suck anyway.

It appears to charge fine using an Apple cable we already have for our other daughters iPod. I will let it sit on charge for a few hours before I try to set it up.

Still, I am surprised Woot would affiliate themselves with such a shady product. I have bought plenty of refurbished products from them over the years, but never have I felt apprehensive about even opening the box. Let the other deal-a-day sites buy this black market-type stuff and stick with more quality items in the future. Your faithful customers will thank you for it. I don't want to have to worry about what I am actually buying from Woot. I never have in the past, but I may have to start. Somehow I feel like I may have been one of the lucky ones in this deal, but that could change as I get father along in setting up this "iPod".


phoenix3200


quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenix3200

Sent an e-mail nearly a week ago about my purchase; no response.

I'm disappointed because I'm fairly certain the only thing Apple in the box is the logic board. The glass, screen, backplate, and headphones all seem to be knockoff parts.

This is not what I ordered.

DennisWKam


quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

phoenix3200 wrote:Sent an e-mail nearly a week ago about my purchase; no response.

I'm disappointed because I'm fairly certain the only thing Apple in the box is the logic board. The glass, screen, backplate, and headphones all seem to be knockoff parts.

This is not what I ordered.



Sorry you haven't heard back from us. We're looking into what happened and you should get a reply shortly.

sandiborowski


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sandiborowski

Thank you good people of WOOT. Received RMA to send ipod back. Disappointed because I really wanted one. When you get some authentic IPods for a great price, I'll be the first to order one!

justicepie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages justicepie

Woot was wonderful and replaced the USB cable for me because the one that it came with wasn't functioning properly.

After checking with the Apple people, they confirmed that it was in fact an Apple product and not a good knock-off, but it was suggested that the back plate and glass screen had been replaced.

Well, meh, it worked, was cheaper than a new one and was going to be my daughters...

...that is until my wife dropped it. *krr-CHHHHH!*

So I took it back to the Apple store and told them it suffered from an "acute gravitational manufacturer's defect". To my surprise, mine actually had 2 weeks of Apple care coverage left. Not buying the defect story, Apple still replaced it for a marginal fee and I was out the door with a brand new Apple iPod touch.

...which essentially cost me more than buying a new one in the first place, but by then I had already cried many tears.

PS And this time, no one is getting it until the Otterbox arrives.

tuars


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tuars

Having had good luck with Woot Refurbs, I jumped in for two of these Refurbished iPods.

Unfortunately, neither one will hold a charge when off. It doesn't matter if I turn them off using the top button, or just allow the automatic lock to work after a minute of inactivity.

In 24-30 hours they are down to the 20% warning icon when I turn them back on. Two days off with no use, and one won't come on at all without recharging.

I've contacted service, answered a question about the stand-by time (24-30 hrs +/-) and am waiting for a response. Just wanted to find out if anyone else is having the same problem...

tannerzion


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tannerzion
brc4cats wrote:I work for apple. The camera on the 4th Gen. is 5 Megapixels, not horrible quality for an ipod.



LOL

The camera is NOT 5 Megapixels, it's less than 1 megapixel.

See their site:
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/specs.html

The resolution of photos do not make up for the resolution you're claiming.

*COUGH*LIAR*COUGH*

You obviously don't work for them..

mazelady


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mazelady

I bought this and had it 2.5 months and the front screen has separated from the back part. Now it won't charge or do anything.

Has anybody had this problem?