3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Prospera Electronic Pulse Massager
$19.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Soten

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soten

This thing works shockingly well...

I quest for Crud.

lichme

quality posts: 3005 Private Messages lichme

These pulse type massagers take some getting used to if you are used to just using the handheld ones. They pack a lot of punch for being battery powered. I would recommend picking up some replacement pads, and possibly some Tac Gel.

Stephen1424

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stephen1424

Amazon Link...

http://www.amazon.com/Prospera-Corporation-PL009-Electronic-Massager/dp/B000XHNBLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332738143&sr=8-1

Woots: 43 Monkeys: 7 + 2 Mini
Shirts: 32 Probations: 2
Woot Off's: 30 Woot Lights: 6
Bags of Crup: 11
Almost Bags of Crap: 25

Tiahaar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Tiahaar

"■In addition to your back and neck, it can be used on your shoulders, legs, arms, and feet"

you know very well where this thing will be used... :D

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS

"Please consult a physician prior to purchase or use if one of the following exists:
Severe heart disease, abnormal blood pressure, implanted monitoring device, abnormal skin conditions, lack of sensation in the limbs, tumors, pregnant, ill with high fever, infections, disease, or under a doctor’s care."

I guess you won't be selling this to too many wooters.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

Is this waterproof? The massage pads I mean.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

Oh yeah, this looks safe.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

Can I use this to exercise my abs?

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100

This is a good price. It's $64.90 on Amazon, and has 4 stars from 132 users.

http://www.amazon.com/Prospera-Corporation-PL009-Electronic-Massager/dp/B000XHNBLU

HOWEVER, I HAVE SERIOUS RESERVATIONS ABOUT THESE MASSAGERS, ESPECIALLY THIS ONE. That post is coming soon!

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Some reviews good and critical.

gravityisweak

Does it say how many times you can use the pads before they are likely to need replacing?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Can this be used as a substitute for crunches to give me abs of steal? Like those ab-tractors of the early 2000's

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

One word AWESOME!!! in for one for sure I used my friends the other day and it worked out all the tightness around my lower back!

archerman2000

quality posts: 8 Private Messages archerman2000

I used to (probably still do somewhere) have something like this that I bought in japan about 15 years ago... it was fun and might just buy this to bring back old memories... shocking your muscles at various intervals can be relaxing but usually just a funny thing to watch when you place it on an unsuspecting friend

archerman2000

quality posts: 8 Private Messages archerman2000
CowboyDann wrote:Can this be used as a substitute for crunches to give me abs of steal? Like those ab-tractors of the early 2000's

haha... resounding YES!

TheWebHead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheWebHead

the razor is cheap here, but if this is your method of rehab, the razorblades are the real cost driver

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77

I find these very unsettling...Perhaps it's from watching Final Destination too many times, but I wonder if the thing will randomly turn itself up to 10,000 volts...In all seriousness, my wife uses one and I tried it once and was pretty uncomfortable with the feeling of electric shock in my back.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

This is like the razor deals. The replacement pads cost $18 for a set of 4.

leiyah

quality posts: 12 Private Messages leiyah

I suppose if you are in the market for one, this is a great price. They sell for $50 on the blue and gold over-priced electronic giant's website.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Prospera+-+Electronic+Pulse+Massager+-+White/3568391.p;jsessionid=DF0579EC10372667D399430B9BAAB1D8.bbolsp-app06-18?id=1218416378832&skuId=3568391

Woot: Some crap
Shirt.Woot: Some shirt crap
Kids.Woot: Some kids crap
Home.Woot: Finally bought some home crap

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

There are only a few reviews around the web, but here's one from Buzzillions.
http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_13674267_prospera_electronic_pulse_massager_6_auto_reviews

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

Tiahaar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Tiahaar

from the manual: Do not use the device around the heart, on the head, mouth, pudendum or blemished
skin areas.

homework: look up 'pudendum' XD

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100

THE THEORY OF WHY THESE MAY WORK (using a Western Medical perspective):

After having tried over 10 of these home units, my semi-professional opinion is that it's mostly hype and pseudoscience (my research is in neurophysiology). Virtually all are made in China, and are somewhat based on unproven Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). And even then, they don't adhere to the TCM modality well. The description makes this model seem especially questionable.

Yes, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) is a real modality used to treat pain. TENS uses high frequency low amperage electrical impulses. Although the mechanism of action is unknown, electrical pulses may work to stop pain in several ways:

1) It may interrupt (block) the pain impulse from traveling to your central nervous system.

2) It may provide a counter-irritant (shocks) to "distract" your nervous system from noticing the pain. This is how "hot/cold" creams like Ben-sunshine on my shoulders work. Capsaicin-based creams seem especially effective. It may also explain why scratching stops an itch.

3) It may induce the production of endorphins.

Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) is something completely different. It uses low frequency higher amperage electrical pulses to cause muscular contraction. It is often used by trainers and physical therapists to HELP tone injured muscles. This causes a massage sensation -- BUT DOES NOT HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT OR BUILD MUSCLES as many As-Seen-on-TV products claim. In fact, the FDA has banned companies from making such claims, and several companies were fined. EMS may be helpful in several ways:

1) It may help loosen muscles by causing movement.

2) It may encourage blood flow by causing muscualar and venous/arterial contractions.

3) It may cause the release of endorphins, as traditional massage does.

PART TWO WILL DESCRIBE WHY THE DESCRIPTION IS A SCAM.

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
dlcarst77 wrote:I find these very unsettling...Perhaps it's from watching Final Destination too many times, but I wonder if the thing will randomly turn itself up to 10,000 volts...In all seriousness, my wife uses one and I tried it once and was pretty uncomfortable with the feeling of electric shock in my back.

That's what she said.

unksol

quality posts: 13 Private Messages unksol
Tiahaar wrote:"■In addition to your back and neck, it can be used on your shoulders, legs, arms, and feet"

hmm... nope. no idea where else I would use a "Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation unit"

sierra513

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sierra513

These things are great!! I am in for one... at least. I have used them several times and at those times, I couldnt have functioned without it. (herniated disc)

You can usually get the pads at any DME business. They arent cheap, but will last a few days usually.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gravityisweak wrote:Does it say how many times you can use the pads before they are likely to need replacing?

Rather interesting that the same question was asked about the Haan Steam Cleaner on Home.....

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

woncoolone

quality posts: 878 Private Messages woncoolone

Tens units are widely used in the medical field and this is an inexpensive way to try one out.

mrict2002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrict2002

I have seen another version of this that was USB chargeable with internal recharge batteries instead of AAA. To me that makes a much better choice but that models price was around $ 99 at mall.
I used it and found it very effective in temporarily relieve of muscle pain or spasm.

gravityisweak

If anyone's wondering what these are like, they have them at my chiropractor. (although a more expensive model) If you have a tight, sore muscle, the pads force the muscle to flex in short pulses. After about 10-15 minutes, the muscle is soft and feels a lot better.

clintone

quality posts: 12 Private Messages clintone

Although I'm not familiar with this brand, twenty dollars for a TENS unit is a pretty good price. I used to be a chiropractor and I don't think I could have bought one wholesale for less than $30.

As far as the longevity of the sticky pads, I think one should be able to reasonably expect at least a half dozen sessions. Replacements aren't too expensive and can be purchased through many medical supply stores. Some chiropractors and PTs also sell them. If you want to be cheap, I suppose you could just use some athletic tape and tape them on.

As a therapeutic modality, I've always liked TENS units. They can address a localized pain and/or muscle spasm. It won't cure the problem, but can help to take the pain down a bit.

cheap2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheap2
Tiahaar wrote:"■In addition to your back and neck, it can be used on your shoulders, legs, arms, and feet"

Better not!
Manual states:
Do not use the device around the heart, on the head, mouth, pudendum or blemished
skin areas.

acanarelli

quality posts: 245 Private Messages acanarelli

I've had back pain problems for years and found these TENS units to be well worth their expense and time in easing these pains. I paid about $200 for the first unit about 5 years ago. I then bought another unit here on Woot last year for a fraction of the cost of my first unit and found it to work just as well, if not better. This unit is the lowest price I've ever seen on a TENS unit.

To use all you do is stick the pads to that part of your body that hurts (never use on your head), adjust the massage until it's comfortable and let it work for about 20 minutes. It's quite comfortable and enjoyable...and in time it has the effect of blocking pain to that area of your body where it's used.

The batteries seem to last forever but the pads need to be replaced every 30 days. The pads are not expensive and can be purchased on line at very reasonable cost.

Try the unit...you will love it!

Miele

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Miele

Yeah, so, wooting this woot, as i keep ending up in physical therapy, and they keep using one of these on the same dang muscle in my hip. I may as well get one.

Also...they have certain fun...umm...recreational uses ^_^

Moo

pohlmacs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pohlmacs

Yes, this works with a Mac... and Mindy, and Steve, and Sarah... buy three and it will be one helluva party!

gravityisweak

I find it amusing that the manual says "use high quality batteries" then they include a set of very generic looking batteries with the product.

disturbed0ne

quality posts: 9 Private Messages disturbed0ne

Does anyone else see this and think EKG leads?

greatwhite35

quality posts: 7 Private Messages greatwhite35
lichme wrote:These pulse type massagers take some getting used to if you are used to just using the handheld ones. They pack a lot of punch for being battery powered. I would recommend picking up some replacement pads, and possibly some Tac Gel.

Replacement Pads are $17 from that website. You get a better deal if you order 3 Massagers with the Pads from woot for $20 each.

Toothy, The Hamptons (160 woots and 3 Bunch of 60s Cartoons#39;s as of April 1, 2013!!)