I read through the comments so far. Few thoughts:
1. Nobody is right all of the time.
2. Nothing is entirely explained by one approach or philosophy (or religion) in life. If people think this product works for them, as long as they can afford it AND aren't putting themselves at significant risk, more power to them. I know that some of you have found it to work for you. That's good. Even if it's placebo, it's your life--I'm not taking the risk myself.
3. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't ask for evidence whenever possible. Get the facts, debate it, think it through. That's what we're here for, I think (and the bargains and some humor). Winging it with your hard earned cash isn't always a good thing.
4. Reading sdc100 over the few years I've been a part of woot, I'm not saying he's always right or perfect. However, whether you agree with him or not, his arguments (even if you disagree with his faith in science) at least is based more on fact, being open minded and thinking about the other side of the argument (i.e., talking to alternative medicine people, reading up on the subject, etc.) than the accusers tonight. This is consistent with how he has tried to help wooters over the years (including with tech stuff).
The arguments against him don't seem to acknowledge that he's tried to see both sides, and the accusers sound like they don't want to acknowledge that he might be right, let alone be open-minded. He's been pretty fair, I would say, civil, kept his composure, and presented his arguments well. Again, that doesn't mean this can't work for you, but at least he makes a good argument why it may not (and the risk). If you're going to base your arguments on government conspiracy or medical establishment conspiracy, either back it up or don't be as fervent to defend it.
5. If you have to put down people (e.g., hippie, anti-religion, clown) in talking about a product tonight, or accuse people of being evil/deceptive, or wish they be "taken out back and...", maybe you need to look at yourself and your approach to life. You can do better than that. (By the way, I believe like a number of others that you can have a religious faith and believe in the scientific method/science/medicine with an open mind.).
End of rant. Have to finish elsewhere.