jgribb1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgribb1

i'm dizzy!

I want my Baby Back ribs!!!!!

djp519

quality posts: 12 Private Messages djp519

Well, I was the one who guessed the brand, which narrowed it down greatly. Is that good for some kind of partial credit?? ;-)

meems212

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meems212

is it a Route 66 maps + navigation featuring AR and Tom Tom Maps?

WhiteRice0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WhiteRice0

Well, that was exciting :-P
Gratz.

curtise

quality posts: 20 Private Messages curtise

Oh! I see Highway 550 now... I had been focused on Interstate 25.

My bad :D

Good game, ThunderThighs!

-=C=-

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

remember to write your Congressman to convince them not to cancel the WOOT CLUE game! The last game is this THURSDAY night and then it gets THE BOOT!

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

THE CLUES

cylindrical = drum = tom-tom

US Route (CO/NM) = 550

Next clue:
Rush Hour

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Anorion

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Anorion

I was /this/ close! ...I touched it.

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

dravack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dravack
modernchaot wrote:The first time I remembered this game and it's over already... Gotta try it again tomorrow :D

Same here sadly won't be here next week. =(

http://deals.woot.com/questions/details/d9ecf9ca-98a4-4311-bde9-0fe33dea15eb/reminder-woot-clue-11pm-cdt-tonight-last-week-so-dont-miss-it

notanaardvark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages notanaardvark

[quote postid="4930931" user="wookielnx"]tom tom 550T?

YES! LOL. THIS WAS FUN!

It was! Let's do it again next week!

meems212

wookielnx wrote:YAY!!! Didn't expect to win!

Congrats !! ;)

bdh008

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bdh008
w00tgurl wrote:remember to write your Congressman to convince them not to cancel the WOOT CLUE game! The last game is this THURSDAY night and then it gets THE BOOT!

I blame SOPA

ThunderThighs

Staff

WhiteRice0 wrote:Well, that was exciting :-P
Gratz.

It was fun from this end too! I was slowing down because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss the right model number. Told you I was going to ask for specific info!!! LOL

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

meems212

Next week is great for me!!

njf1003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njf1003
djp519 wrote:Well, I was the one who guessed the brand, which narrowed it down greatly. Is that good for some kind of partial credit?? ;-)

Actually I got TomTom right first! Why did we have to know 550T!?!?!? So annoying.

BTW TT is the last game Thursday night?

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
w00tgurl wrote:remember to write your Congressman to convince them not to cancel the WOOT CLUE game! The last game is this THURSDAY night and then it gets THE BOOT!

I thought it was just being reevaluated and possibly tweaked. Is it really in danger of disappearing after such a brief but fabulous life?

Truly the brightest stars burn out the fastest.

RV617

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RV617
ThunderThighs wrote:THE CLUES

cylindrical = drum = tom-tom

US Route (CO/NM) = 550

Next clue:
Rush Hour

Nice clues, TT! Thanks!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Yes, it's true. Woot! Clue! is taking a break after this week while we reassess and find new ways to involve the community.

w00tgurl

dravack wrote:Same here sadly won't be here next week. =(

http://deals.woot.com/questions/details/d9ecf9ca-98a4-4311-bde9-0fe33dea15eb/reminder-woot-clue-11pm-cdt-tonight-last-week-so-dont-miss-it

it's cancelled, woot cancelled it and is giving the game THE BOOT! i'm starting an email campaign to get @gatzby to reinstate it

ask Thunderthighs, this is THE LAST WEEK!!!!!

w00tgurl

everyone PM @gatzby and tell him WE WANT OUR WOOT CLUE!!!!

Anorion

I think it should involve a video contest. And screaming monkies.

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, it's true. Woot! Clue! is taking a break after this week while we reassess and find new ways to involve the community.

Be honest TT... is "reassess" the code word for telling us that Woot! Clue! is gone for the foreseeable future? Or is it really just a one week break?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Anorion wrote:I think it should involve a video contest. And screaming monkies.

Oh goodness. You should have seen how much time it took me to prep for the picture clue version (FAIL!). No video. No. No. No.

Good idea though!

ThunderThighs

Staff

novastarj wrote:Be honest TT... is "reassess" the code word for telling us that Woot! Clue! is gone for the foreseeable future? Or is it really just a one week break?

Don't know. I think it was a success but it did only reach a small subset of the Woot community. It's been a great learning experience for us and I plan to keep the discussion going for future events.

Anorion

Why? You guys used to do photoshop contests.

STOP SUPPRESSING OUR CREATIVITY.

(I'm kidding. A video contest would SUCK to judge. And I like being suppressed. Why do you think I'm here, after all?)

notanaardvark

novastarj wrote:I thought it was just being reevaluated and possibly tweaked. Is it really in danger of disappearing after such a brief but fabulous life?

Truly the brightest stars burn out the fastest.

Like a candle in the wind. ::sigh::

djp519

quality posts: 12 Private Messages djp519
njf1003 wrote:Actually I got TomTom right first! Why did we have to know 550T!?!?!? So annoying.

You are correct, I missed it at the time, but yes, you guessed that about a minute before I did, kudos.

ThunderThighs

Staff

njf1003 wrote:Actually I got TomTom right first! Why did we have to know 550T!?!?!? So annoying.

Because it was going to be too easy of a game and over to quickly. This made it more fun (for me) and challenging (for you).

And yes, Thursday 11pm CDT is the last game. Sorry.

njf1003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njf1003
djp519 wrote:You are correct, I missed it at the time, but yes, you guessed that about a minute before I did, kudos.

Yeah, it's so hard to keep up since one refresh can literately add like 10 questions so I'm not mad at you at all!

w00tgurl

here is a sample form letter you can PM to Thunderthighs's boss @Gatzby. Tell him we want to keep playing WOOT CLUE and winning prizes!

Here's his PM:
http://www.woot.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=0&UserID=275268

-------------------------------
Dear Gatzby,

We love playing WOOT CLUE with Thunderthighs. It's a lot of fun and it also makes me stick around and be more active than usual.
Please bring back the WOOT CLUE game with Thunderthighs and her fabulous prizes. I promise to tell at least one other person about the game.

Thank you,

[insert your username here]

------------------------------------------

notanaardvark

w00tgurl wrote:it's cancelled, woot cancelled it and is giving the game THE BOOT! i'm starting an email campaign to get @gatzby to reinstate it

ask Thunderthighs, this is THE LAST WEEK!!!!!

-Let the Supreme Court decide!
. . . Oh wait, they're busy.

psm321

quality posts: 20 Private Messages psm321

Ok I'm sure I'm being dumb so somebody clue me in please. How does the clue "cylindrical" fit in with the answer?

ThunderThighs

Staff

psm321 wrote:Ok I'm sure I'm being dumb so somebody clue me in please. How does the clue "cylindrical" fit in with the answer?

Most drums are cylindrical
tom-tom is a drum

And my clues are meant to send you in the wrong direction. It's the only way I can get the game past 15 minute!

w00tgurl

psm321 wrote:Ok I'm sure I'm being dumb so somebody clue me in please. How does the clue "cylindrical" fit in with the answer?

here's her explanation: http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4930980

BTW if you want to keep WOOT CLUE going after Thursday, write her boss and tell him we want to keep WOOT CLUE:

here is a sample form letter you can PM to Thunderthighs's boss @Gatzby. Tell him we want to keep playing WOOT CLUE and winning prizes!

Here's his PM:
-----------------------------------------------------
Dear Gatzby,
We love playing WOOT CLUE with Thunderthighs. It's a lot of fun and it also makes me stick around and be more active than usual.
Please bring back the WOOT CLUE game with Thunderthighs and her fabulous prizes. I promise to tell at least one other person about the game.
Thank you,

notanaardvark

w00tgurl wrote:here's her explanation: http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4930980

BTW if you want to keep WOOT CLUE going after Thursday, write her boss and tell him we want to keep WOOT CLUE:

Here's his PM:
-----------------------------------------------------
Dear Gatzby,
Thank you,

Thanks for that, w00tgurl. Here's what I sent:

Blue about Woot Clue
Dear Gatzby,

We love playing WOOT CLUE with ThunderThighs. It's a lot of fun and it also makes me stick around and be more active than usual.
Please bring back the WOOT CLUE game with ThunderThighs -the prizes aren't the only reason we play (don't even know what they are). We promise participation will grow beyond your wildest dreams.

Thank you,

Notanaardvark

w00tgurl

notanaardvark wrote:Thanks for that, w00tgurl. Here's what I sent:

Blue about Woot Clue
Dear Gatzby,

We love playing WOOT CLUE with ThunderThighs. It's a lot of fun and it also makes me stick around and be more active than usual.
Please bring back the WOOT CLUE game with ThunderThighs -the prizes aren't the only reason we play (don't even know what they are). We promise participation will grow beyond your wildest dreams.

Thank you,

Notanaardvark

lol i like that too. as long as the message gets across
but hey, we do win prizes. the secretive PM that thunderthighs sends has prize info. shh

bambamvdrummer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bambamvdrummer

How do I buy one? I dont see a link??????

John Porth

ThunderThighs

Staff

bambamvdrummer wrote:How do I buy one? I dont see a link??????

Sorry but it is no longer for sale. We sell one thing a day per site as seen on the front page. Check back often though because it may return.

bambamvdrummer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bambamvdrummer

This procreateing blows!!! I need to buy one of these, there's no way to do it, and you guys wont respond to an email...

John Porth

ThunderThighs

Staff

bambamvdrummer wrote:This procreateing blows!!! I need to buy one of these, there's no way to do it, and you guys wont respond to an email...

Look up, please.