mkugler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkugler

Order two. Get charged for five. Awesome.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mkugler wrote:Order two. Get charged for five. Awesome.

Yipes! I hope you've contacted service@woot.com, I've alerted them to your post.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mkugler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkugler
inkycatz wrote:Yipes! I hope you've contacted service@woot.com, I've alerted them to your post.

I have. I'm patiently waiting on a response. Thank you!

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl
inkycatz wrote:Yipes! I hope you've contacted service@woot.com, I've alerted them to your post.

inkycatz, put in a good word for WOOT CLUE to stick around. i know you have some pull over there ;)
thanks in advance

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

illusion71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illusion71

Here is some reading material to get you started on the DVR from the zModo site. I could not find the camera documentation though.

DVR Software - http://www.zmodo.com/downloader/index/download/file_id/1014/DVR-9124V-CD.zip

Mobile Viewer Manual - http://www.zmodo.com/media/downloader/1354/Mobile%20Phone%20Surveillance%20User%20Mannual_0526.pdf

DVR CMS Software Manual - http://www.zmodo.com/media/downloader/1354/DVRCMS_manual.pdf
User Manual - http://www.zmodo.com/media/downloader/1354/H9214V_User_Manual.pdf

eraten

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eraten

Dear Woot,

You surprised me twice in the same week. My Steam Mop arrived yesterday (ordered Tuesday). And this woot arrived today. Both via UPS from an Amazon.com Warehouse in IL. Is this some new system you're trying out?

-Happily Surprised Customer

*edit* Got it hooked up today. I saw a comment earlier saying it wouldn't take less than a 500GB SATA HDD. I plugged in a 320GB and worked just fine, I tried a 160GB & 80GB too and they were all recognized just fine. Great quality, small design, glad I invested in this!

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Zmodo 4 Camera Surveillance System has completely shipped.

justinw2116

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinw2116

Ordered mine, and still no confirmation email? Starting to wonder what is going on? Definately do want mine.

r3zurector

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r3zurector

Delivered today. Dropped a 1TB HD in it and playing with it now. Trying to get some of the fricking IOS software to work.. No go so far...

xSkoad

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xSkoad

I got mine in today as well but wont get a chance to play with it for a few days. So please feel free to share tips people!

Also if anyone knows where I can find tutorial or documentation on how to see the video feeds through my TV/Computer would be nice(not sure if either of those are included).

eraten

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eraten
xSkoad wrote:I got mine in today as well but wont get a chance to play with it for a few days. So please feel free to share tips people!

Also if anyone knows where I can find tutorial or documentation on how to see the video feeds through my TV/Computer would be nice(not sure if either of those are included).

It is very easy. If you're slightly tech savy it'll be no problem. You'll need to hook into a monitor (VGA) at first to set the IP. Then Just hook it into your home network, give it an IP address (it'll take DHCP, but I recommend going static for the software) then type in the IP DVRs address in your browser and it'll prompt you to download the plug-in. You can go from there. Everything else is pretty self explanatory with the software. Just explore and have fun, the most difficult part is running the cables.

bennypoopoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bennypoopoo

I love these things! I am obsessed with logging into more and more cameras I keep setting up to see into my neighbors house, teenage daughters room, and i even have one to keep an eye on the people using the restroom at my business. thanks Zmodo!

countryhacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages countryhacker

Received mine today, and after struggling for about two hours, discovered that it doesn't like laptop SATA hard drives. Swapped in one from a desktop and it works like a charm!

Seemingly good video quality, and while the translation from the Chinese leaves a little to be desired, the interface is pretty intuitive.

tavirk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tavirk

So what is the best/cheapest way to get cable that is longer than 60 feet, if you are trying to place the camera on the other side of the house.

Thanks!

ianshadman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianshadman

Mine keeps beeping. Anyone know why?

Yazzer7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yazzer7
ianshadman wrote:Mine keeps beeping. Anyone know why?

If you don't have a HD or all 4 cameras connected, an alarm will sound telling you so. Go into Main Menu/Advanced/Alarm Setup and you can turn them off.

gfarias

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gfarias

Loved it! But is it just me or does anyone else get a "redish/pinkish" tone to every color such as blue, green and black???

ssmtbiker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssmtbiker
rugerx wrote:Just on lunch and trying to be helpful, I have installed 5 or so of these for friends and family so I know them pretty well.

=)

hi
got the dvr to show up on pc's but can't get the iphone to pick it up. tried port forwarding but not sure if i am doing it right. utube vids didn't go into much detail. any other ideas?

Rue4012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rue4012
ssmtbiker wrote:hi
got the dvr to show up on pc's but can't get the iphone to pick it up. tried port forwarding but not sure if i am doing it right. utube vids didn't go into much detail. any other ideas?

Im in the same boat. Which ports have you tried?

ssmtbiker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssmtbiker
Rue4012 wrote:Im in the same boat. Which ports have you tried?

tried them all. i have a 2 wire router and i think i have how the port forward works down but no matter what i enter it will not connect. i have tried different ip and port configs w/o success. all the videos and manuals are too generic to be any help so far. cameras and system work fine on pc. very happy with how it is working but need the remote view

Rue4012

ssmtbiker wrote:tried them all. i have a 2 wire router and i think i have how the port forward works down but no matter what i enter it will not connect. i have tried different ip and port configs w/o success. all the videos and manuals are too generic to be any help so far. cameras and system work fine on pc. very happy with how it is working but need the remote view

That's exactly what I'm going thru. I'll post up if I figure it out.

jscott2two

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jscott2two

thanks, I'm interested to figure it out as well!

gyrfalcon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gyrfalcon
sshambaugh wrote:This is total BS! Mine has a 250GB HDD in it and it's working fine. And yes I enabled telnet to allow root access. =)
Disk /dev/sda: 250.0 GB, 250000000000 bytes

I don't believe it's total BS. I tried to use a Western Digital WD2500JS and the system won't detect it. Currently I'm using a WD800 which is a 80GB SATA drive.

This device seems to have issues with certain SATA drives especially if it's ~250GB.

I found your posts searching for info on backing up this device and appreciate your posts. If you could email me at gyrfalcon16 a7 gmail.com it would be appreciated.

The Ho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The Ho

Aplayer for iphone sucks and is glitchy. kmeye and kmeye4 are much better programs. I found out about kmeye since it is the player for android, blackberry, and windows mobile from the included disk.

jorgesustaita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jorgesustaita

I just finished installing all four cameras, I bought a Seagate Barracuda 2T and was pleased with the motion detection feature, you get to pick the quality of the picture by adjusting the resolution and it works great on my android device, now I just have to figure out how to set it up with a DDNS so I can view the cameras from any internet-enabled device, this way I can tell my alarm company it's a false alarm if they call due to the my dog setting off the burglar alarm gotta love dobermans that know how to open sliding glass doors lol

davidboles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidboles

THis would have probably been a great product, but the tadpoles at WOOT customer service, or really non-customer service, never followed up to even ensure that the order was received even after all of my emails complaining about not getting it. Been 2 days shy of a month now and still nothing or even any offer to assist.

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

davidboles wrote:THis would have probably been a great product, but the tadpoles at WOOT customer service, or really non-customer service, never followed up to even ensure that the order was received even after all of my emails complaining about not getting it. Been 2 days shy of a month now and still nothing or even any offer to assist.

Ouch, sorry for the issues. Although, I don't see any emails from you. Did you write in from an email address other than the one associated with your account?

Either way, we'll go ahead and email you so we can get this resolved. Check your spam folder if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours.

davidboles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidboles
DennisWKam wrote:Ouch, sorry for the issues. Although, I don't see any emails from you. Did you write in from an email address other than the one associated with your account?

Either way, we'll go ahead and email you so we can get this resolved. Check your spam folder if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours.

Cant find my emails? Figures....surprised you guys could find anything or do anything. I sent over 5 emails complaining about it, and received responses, all saying they couldn't do anything or telling me to go and get with FedEx to figure it out. Never once was there any offer to help locate or contact FedEx.

Trust me, I will never ever try to buy something from such a bunch of complete tadpoles who have no idea what customer service even is.

xSkoad

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xSkoad
davidboles wrote:Cant find my emails? Figures....surprised you guys could find anything or do anything. I sent over 5 emails complaining about it, and received responses, all saying they couldn't do anything or telling me to go and get with FedEx to figure it out. Never once was there any offer to help locate or contact FedEx.

Trust me, I will never ever try to buy something from such a bunch of complete tadpoles who have no idea what customer service even is.

Youre a new member with 1 woot who joined when you made this purchase. Ive never seen anyone have issues with woots customer service. Ive been a member for years as have many of my friends. Never had any issues. Im sure they wouldnt mind losing a customer like yourself.

alan0123

quality posts: 11 Private Messages alan0123

WARNING BEWARE of this PRODUCT. TAKE MY ADVIUCE AND DO NOT BE FOOLED by THE ATTRACTIVE PRICE. (there is a REASON for this Its NOT a GOOD item)

Here is My History:

I Bought One of these on March 27, 2012 (Here on WOOT). It Took 2.5 weeks to reach Me. (to my Country)

It Came in the Original Product BOX (no Brown Box or Padding)(The Box Appear Pretty Beat up (like it was used)
After Local Customs Duty and Freight... to My Count I ended Paying about $240 US Total.

I Opened the Box and the items appeared used, the DVR had scratch marks. The Cords for the camera were wound Uneven and Had Saran Rap plastic Hold them together. The Zmodo Sign on the DVR was Even Pealing off.

I then had to order a hard drive for this, which took another Week and a Half.

After Following all the Instructions, I turned it On and it BEEPED constantly, Lites Flashing on the DVR and the Mouse. There is No POWER Button on the DVR, and the Power Button on the Remote Does Not Function.

After repeated attempts of Unplugging and Repluggin it, it Finally Came on After (after leaving it for about 3 Mins with BEEPING and Flashing)
I was able to reach as far as Formatting the Hardrive (a 1.5 Gb Seagate).

After this it worked for about 15 min. I then Unplugg it and next day I Mounted the Cameras around the House. (they are The Worse, They Show GREEN Tree and Leaves as Shades of Grey). The Night Vision Show only up to ABout 8-10 (not 30 feet) feet. and It shows in a Circular beam of Lite (like a Flashlite)

To my Dismay when I Hooked them up and Plug in the DVR, the Same thing with the BEEPING Occurred, this Time There was Nothing on the Screen. The Instruction Manual is very Vague (there is No Troubleshooting Guide in it) I spoke to a Friend and he said the Beeping could be it does not recognised the hardrive , ButI tried Removing the Hard drive and replacing it with A Different one (Smaller) Same Scenario, Constant BEEPS/ Flashing.
Even without the hardrve in the DVR it still Beeps and Flashes. So I know it Cannt be the H/Drive.

I tried several other days, same Problem.... Beping nothing else, No Picture No Menu nothing)
I gave up and Email WOOT 3 Times (THEY NEVER RESPONDED). I wrote them 3 days Ago (Still No response)
I wrote them 2 days ago about another Product (Unrelated to this one) Not a Complaint, More a Question on a product I ordered)...GUESS what they responded with 3 Replies from 3 different Service reps... in 24 hrs.

So I KNOW they Are DELIBERATELY AVOIDING my EMAILS on this PRODUCT.

I then FILED a Claim With PAYPAL and Paypal responded in 3 Days,
It was Only then PAYPAL wrote me and Said they reached a Settlement with the Merchant.... but I have to SHIP it With a Courier that Has "ONLINE tracking."

(Note:the MERCHANT STILL HAD NOT Contacted/replied to my emails] They Only Liaised with PAYPAL...and Paypal is the One who Forwarded the Message to me.

I have No problem Returning this ITEM, BUT the COSTS? I Dont thing I Should Have to Bear that Expense, Since I have already Paid a Total of $240 to Ship it down to my Country]

I CHEKCED its Will COST me $250 US to SHIP this thing back up with a Private Shipping Company here.(from My Country)
I dont Mind Shipping it with NORMAL POSTAL Service (this Will Cost About $50)
If the MERCHANT is Will To PAY the Private SHIPPING FEES from my Country NO PROBLEM. But if I PAY this $250 (I would have spent a Total of $240 (Already Spent) + 250 Shipping back = $490.

I am Seriously of the Opinion that this MERCHANT is TOTALLY Dishonest and is SELLING USED/Returned items under the Label of "NEW".
As My Product (From the appearance of it Was Definitely USED). The Fast that the Merchant had Not returned any of My Emails is Enough proof to me that he is Fully aware that his Products are defective.

This is the FIRST TIME I have Bought an ITEM online that Cost me So much and is NOT WORKING.

People this is a WARNING, DO NOT BUY this PRODUCT, You MAY JUST REGRET (the WAY I HAVE).

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

alan0123 wrote:
I gave up and Email WOOT 3 Times (THEY NEVER RESPONDED). I wrote them 3 days Ago (Still No response)
I wrote them 2 days ago about another Product (Unrelated to this one) Not a Complaint, More a Question on a product I ordered)...GUESS what they responded with 3 Replies from 3 different Service reps... in 24 hrs.

So I KNOW they Are DELIBERATELY AVOIDING my EMAILS on this PRODUCT.

I can assure you that we're not deliberately avoiding your emails. I checked and it looks like you emailed in on 03/06 and 05/01 (twice), but none of the emails you sent are in regards to this issue.

We would be happy to help you with an RMA for a refund though. We'll be contacting you via email to get this resolved. Check your junk mail folder if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours.

ndjs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndjs

My roommate wooted these when they were up, and we installed them in our house.

Our house was broken into Saturday night, but with these cameras we were able to provide the police with video of the perpetrator.

The police located and arrested the thief today.

Basically, without this camera system, we would have been up a creek. We're still not likely to get any of our stuff back, but at least the guy who broke in was brought to justice.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ndjs wrote:My roommate wooted these when they were up, and we installed them in our house.

Our house was broken into Saturday night, but with these cameras we were able to provide the police with video of the perpetrator.

The police located and arrested the thief today.

Basically, without this camera system, we would have been up a creek. We're still not likely to get any of our stuff back, but at least the guy who broke in was brought to justice.

Sorry you were robbed but darn glad you had the evidence to find the perp!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

alan0123

quality posts: 11 Private Messages alan0123
DennisWKam wrote:I can assure you that we're not deliberately avoiding your emails. I checked and it looks like you emailed in on 03/06 and 05/01 (twice), but none of the emails you sent are in regards to this issue.

We would be happy to help you with an RMA for a refund though. We'll be contacting you via email to get this resolved. Check your junk mail folder if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours.

My Last Email I wrote on 7 May, 2011
I can Give you the Subject Ticket Number Woot.com CRM:00423665‏

Wait I just Check my Junk Box, I Did Get a Reply from a Guy Called Phil.

EDIT [My Apology, Cant understand why it went to Junk Box.]

He gave me an RMA Number,
As Much as I would Like to Send this Back, I Cant Afford to, (I checked it Gonna Cost me $250 alone,
(I paid $99 + Shipping) Plus More to My Courier Company and Customs Duty Taxes in my Country.(to Receive it in my Country I have Spent $240 already) (That will Total 250+240) If I ship it by Private Courier.
Doe not make Much Sense, I have Already Loss alot and a Refund wont Replace what I have sepnt already

The Camera Works, its the DVR that Doe NOT WORKING, Just BEEP and BEEPS continuously (No Picture on the Monitor)

Right Now I am Looking for a DVR, (by itself)

I am Labelling this as a BIG LOSS. This is the First thing I Boght Online that DONT work.

I am Really Disappointed with this Whole issue.

mrfyisms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrfyisms
nicklcarey wrote:LINUX USERS BEWARE!!!

My Zmodo only works with internet explorer. Does NOT work in mozilla or chrome. I have some windows PC so it wasn't a huge deal but it really did (and still does) bum me out I couldn't pull up the cams on my Linux machine.

Sounds like a design flaw. Nobody uses internet explorer anymore.

radiocitybill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radiocitybill
lstaff wrote:What's really amazing about this video is the spider didn't even flinch.

Your experience must be the exception and not the rule. I finally got to installing this system to supplement and existing Q-See system. The night vision out of my cameras isn't anywhere are good the video in this thread suggests. I attempted to replace two existing Q-See cameras to get a comparison and the night vision was absolutely worthless! Looked like 80% or more of total darkness in spite of the camera having its I-R lighting active. I returned the old Q-See cameras to the same positions and night vision was back to normal.

Daytime these cameras work OK but what good are they if they work like garbage at night? Zmoto, never again. I haven't even gotten to the DVR but if it works as good as the cameras it's probably heading to the trash as a write-off. I'll stick with Q-See for now on as this Zmoto stuff is nothing but trash!

Rue4012

alan0123 wrote:My Last Email I wrote on 7 May, 2011
I can Give you the Subject Ticket Number Woot.com CRM:00423665‏

Wait I just Check my Junk Box, I Did Get a Reply from a Guy Called Phil.

EDIT [My Apology, Cant understand why it went to Junk Box.]

He gave me an RMA Number,
As Much as I would Like to Send this Back, I Cant Afford to, (I checked it Gonna Cost me $250 alone,
(I paid $99 + Shipping) Plus More to My Courier Company and Customs Duty Taxes in my Country.(to Receive it in my Country I have Spent $240 already) (That will Total 250+240) If I ship it by Private Courier.
Doe not make Much Sense, I have Already Loss alot and a Refund wont Replace what I have sepnt already

The Camera Works, its the DVR that Doe NOT WORKING, Just BEEP and BEEPS continuously (No Picture on the Monitor)

Right Now I am Looking for a DVR, (by itself)

I am Labelling this as a BIG LOSS. This is the First thing I Boght Online that DONT work.

I am Really Disappointed with this Whole issue.

The beeping is because you don't have the alarming set up properly. I also don't see how Woot would be responsible for additional shipping charges when you are in another country.