2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Dyson DC33 Multi Floor Vacuum
$199.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Here's a little video review.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Someone tell that guy he's vacuuming backwards.
oh wait he's just carrying it.

billyush

quality posts: 3 Private Messages billyush

Dyson Vacuum. DC33 Multi Floor Bagless Upright ...
$399.00 - The Home Depot

Dyson DC33 Multi Floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner for
$429.95 - Buy.com

Dyson DC33 Multi Floors Upright Vacuum ...
$239.99 - Overstock.com

Sears - $383.95
Walmart - $399.00
Target - $399.00

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

Awkward photo...but, I hear these things suck! You know, in the good way. Like vaccuums should

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects

Bought this in January and it sucks (in a good way)! Baby loves the sound too (added bonus)! Woot! even has it posted with new pictures this time!

chubechpmnk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chubechpmnk

I still don't see how it can be vacuuming more than one floor at a time...

oregonisaac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oregonisaac

$100 less than Amazon for a great powerful vacuum. It doesn't have all the attachments of the Animal, but I didn't need that so it has worked great for me on all kinds of surfaces.

Note: If your use is a lot of "wand" based stuff (corners, crevices, cars, etc...) this one leaves something to be desired. The wand is not the best, and attachments limited.

Otherwise, it sucks!

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

that guy looks sad, like he regrets not getting the Dyson Ball afterall. Woot takes returns!

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

luvche21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages luvche21

This vacuum sucks! Haha! Get it? ...?

Iotech

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Iotech

I hate the wand on this. It's long and not detachable. And the hose is hard to stretch completely out. If I use the wand the vacuum often comes crashing down. But it'll vacuum up anything!

Robert Corrales

Andyman62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andyman62

If you use a vacuum inside of a vacuum what happens?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chubechpmnk wrote:I still don't see how it can be vacuuming more than one floor at a time...

It's maaaaaaaaaaaagic.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

phileoca

quality posts: 12 Private Messages phileoca

Got this during a woot off.
It's nice.
Same Price

My wife woots too

cheneghan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheneghan

This deal sucks....pun

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

just what is that guy and the vacuum doing?? that vacuum sure looks like it sucks!

thesickest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thesickest

I used to sell Kirby vacuum cleaners door to door back in the day, as part of the demonstration we would take and throw down about 2 ounces of salt and dance it into someones carpet.

Then we would go get their vacuum cleaner, and let them vacuum it 100 swipes in that tiny area... A Dyson did the best of all vacuums i've seen, but nothing matches up to a Kirby.

The first Dyson I destroyed wasn't based on the ability of the Kirby to remove the salt because of it's vibrational attributes. The brush was turned off, with suction alone a Kirby pulled almost all of the salt that the Dyson just GROUND INTO THE CARPET. Turned the brush back on the Kirby and the rest came out. Save your money for a real vacuum. (If you have around $900 you can get a Kirby, retail $1800)

Otherwise, Dyson makes the best standard 'grind stuff into your carpet' vacuum. ;)

umaize

quality posts: 1 Private Messages umaize

Don't be fooled by the photo. This device can not be used as prosthetic limb.

Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals...except the weasel.

pohlmacs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pohlmacs

This is an incredible deal! I still use my Dyson DC14 I bought from Woot on 12/14/2007 for $254.99. It still works great like the day I got it. It was the second item I ever bought from Woot.

If I didn't already own a Dyson, I would buy this model in a heartbeat.

Short of spending a lot more money, this is the best value you can find for a very good vacuum.

TheFaz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheFaz
Andyman62 wrote:If you use a vacuum inside of a vacuum what happens?

The brushes spin, that's about it I suppose.

pohlmacs

umaize wrote:Don't be fooled by the photo. This device can not be used as prosthetic limb.

But if it could, you could be your own cleaning company. Immediately clean up after yourself and your friends. *You* can be the life of the afterparty!

Rafikiwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Rafikiwoot
Andyman62 wrote:If you use a vacuum inside of a vacuum what happens?

There's a big *BOOOM!*

pohlmacs

I didn't realize that people in Idaho, Nevada, Utah, and Iowa were so dirty!

hippielady

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hippielady

I own 2 dysons, a DC07 and a DC25 (ball). I bought both on Woot as refurbs and haven't had a single bit of trouble with either one. With four dogs that run in and out a lot thru a doggie door, the vacs really get a workout and after trying other brands (including Kirby) I'll keep my Dysons, thank you. I wish they made a steam carpet cleaner that work as well as their vacs!

chefjoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefjoe
Iotech wrote:I hate the wand on this. It's long and not detachable. And the hose is hard to stretch completely out. If I use the wand the vacuum often comes crashing down. But it'll vacuum up anything!

True that, wooted the same model in January too and the wand is the biggest disappointment due to how you basically have to extend the hose with a 3 ft plastic boom at the open end and the hose is spring-loaded tightly enough that it can topple the vacuum even though it's attached only a little ways up. Really wish there was a "mod" to remove that plastic boom.

EDIT: Ok, there is a mod. It's unclipping the hose from all the plastic handle/wand stuff and putting the parts inside the end of the hose. The tools don't snap in (like they are designed to do at the end of the long-reach wand) but they'll probably hold in pretty well with the vacuum sucking away.

As a bonus, when I registered my vacuum online dyson's confirmation said I had a full 5 year warranty (should I need it).

tarahbelle2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarahbelle2

I have another similar dyson model and it is awesome. As for the wand being hard to use, I find it easier. When I need to reach up high I use the whole wand. When I need to get something down low, I detach the flexible part from the inflexible top half and use it that way. It is really versatile.

tarahbelle2

Don't be fooled by the others who say better than Dyson either. Bought one of those and it lasted 4 months and died.

tarahbelle2

What's the only Microsoft product that won't suck? The Microsoft vacuum cleaner.

tracydr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tracydr

SOOOOO sick of people complaining about the "WAND".

YES, IT DOES DETACH!!! *sigh* I have the DC33, if you pull the metal "wand" out of the plastic flexibal "hose" to extend it, there is a small button on the flexible hose that pops the ENTIRE WAND OFF the flexible hose so you can use your attachments from the HOSE DIRECTLY!!

KNOW HOW TO USE YOUR VACUUMS!!!! People complain about the wand the most, and the reason is because you don't know how to use your machine!!

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan

Picture yourself on the floor with a screw driver, scraping and prying the nasty things from your home that you never wanted to ever see again mingled with the things you never saw and didn't want to see.

all in your immediate air space for your nostrils consumption as you clean your supposed Vacuum that never looses suction.

I am not saying they do not work well, I am saying that the guys selling point is that it never looses suction and that is a farce. Makes me mad that he can get away with that for so long. whilst I toil to keep the airways clear of regular old stuff that old school vacs just seem to eat up.

Oh, for those of you who would say - that guy probably has a house full of pets and all that. I have a single lazy cat, 2 teenage daughters and a fish. LOL 6 rooms of carpet 2400 ft. vac is used daily and has to be broken down farther than I would like to mention at least 1 time a month.

anywho... Happy vacuuming.

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

woofer1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woofer1
Iotech wrote:I hate the wand on this. It's long and not detachable. And the hose is hard to stretch completely out. If I use the wand the vacuum often comes crashing down. But it'll vacuum up anything!

Read the directions. The wand is 100% detachable!

woofer1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woofer1
woofer1 wrote:Goofball! Read the directions. The wand is 100% detachable!

Once you figure out how to detach the wand you'll see just how far that unstretchable hose can go!

NewMaster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages NewMaster
tarahbelle2 wrote:Don't be fooled by the others who say better than Dyson either. Bought one of those and it lasted 4 months and died.

A Miele is better than a Dyson. :P

Seriously though, put a Miele next to a Dyson. Without even turning it on, it is obvious a Miele is constructed to a MUCH HIGHER standard than any Dyson.

miquonranger03

quality posts: 5 Private Messages miquonranger03

I love this vacuum. The cord is very long (the longest I've ever seen on a vacuum!) and the suction is great (in fact, it's the most suction of any Dyson released so far I believe). It's easy to carry, works really well, and does a fantastic job cleaning. It also ships really quickly since for something this size they have to use UPS.

Additional note: do not forget to register the serial number on the vacuum located behind the dustbin! If the original owner did not register the warranty, you get the original warranty on parts and labor for five years! Otherwise, you still get 6 months.

GoDeepInc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoDeepInc

guys when did they start charging tax?.... I want to order one but i am being charged about 17 buck --- woot tax
is this correct?

chefjoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefjoe
woofer1 wrote:Once you figure out how to detach the wand you'll see just how far that unstretchable hose can go!

Nice, I had missed that little picture in the manual. Wand detaches and the tools just kind of "fit" inside the end of the hose there. It's a bit deceptive, because they don't snap in like they do at the end of the wand, but it works.

Thanks!

GoDeepInc

so Dallas, Texas tax 6.25 %
additional imposed max 2 %
so a total of 8.25% maximum tax.
It seems woot is charging more than that!
199.99+ 17.94 woot tax! that's almost 9% tax!
Plus I don't live in texas why should I pay tax?

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass
GoDeepInc wrote:so Dallas, Texas tax 6.25 %
additional imposed max 2 %
so a total of 8.25% maximum tax.
It seems woot is charging more than that!
199.99+ 17.94 woot tax! that's almost 9% tax!
Plus I don't live in texas why should I pay tax?

woot is part of Amazon now, so you'd need to pay tax wherever Amazon lives. Which is whatever tax you'd normally pay at a local store.

GoDeepInc

badlass wrote:woot is part of Amazon now, so you'd need to pay tax wherever Amazon lives. Which is whatever tax you'd normally pay at a local store.

Thanks man,
That explains a lot. But I am still mad they are charging above the threshold [8.25]