tracydr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tracydr

I was always a Dyson hater until hubby bought me the dc33. My mother in law has the dc25 and my dc33 is SO MUCH BETTER! She wants to get rid of her dc25 and buy the dc33.

With that said, I went from dissing Dyson to praising them....until I picked up a RICCAR vacuum from someone on freecyle. I was just going to keep it downstairs as a spare until I used it. It is simply amazing. Now I find myself using the dc33 for our tile and hardwood and using the riccar for our carpet. That riccar (I had never heard of it!) puts the Dyson to shame and leaves carpet lines like you wouldn't believe, and we have 4 dogs, 4 birds, 3 kids and an almost 4k square foot house.

Riccar...made in the USA, mine weighs less than 8 pounds and it's truly an amazing piece of machinery.

But this DC33 is great too!! I am very lucky to have both!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

GoDeepInc wrote:Thanks man,
That explains a lot. But I am still mad they are charging above the threshold [8.25]

As with any online retailer and required by law, tax is charged on the shipping as well.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

corrosivesubstance

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corrosivesubstance
w00tgurl wrote:that guy looks sad, like he regrets not getting the Dyson Ball afterall. Woot takes returns!

I thought he looked sad as well until I saw the bigger version of the photo. Now I think he looks like he's in the middle of some deep introspection.... perhaps pondering the choice to hire an architect that decided it was a good idea to put a narrow, colorless staircase adjacent to a colorless wall with no handrail on either side.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
pohlmacs wrote:This is an incredible deal! I still use my Dyson DC14 I bought from Woot on 12/14/2007 for $254.99. It still works great like the day I got it. It was the second item I ever bought from Woot.

If I didn't already own a Dyson, I would buy this model in a heartbeat.

Short of spending a lot more money, this is the best value you can find for a very good vacuum.

I'm a Dyson fan but own too many or I would be in for this one. I got the cannister about 2 months ago and it's awesome for stairs. It's better than my central vac 50 foot hose. It's lightweight and works really well. The uprights are even more powerful. If you need a vacuum and don't get this Dyson for $205 you're not playing with a full deck.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

tblackwell49

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tblackwell49

Had this vac for a couple of years now and it really is a fantastic machine. Suction is great, easy to empty and clean. As other Wooters have said, the wand is the weak point because it is difficult to use. The rigid section is too long for close work and the hose is really not long enough to reach places you want to reach. The brush attachment broke right away but the other attachments have been durable and work great. The power attachments especially the one with the rotating power brush are terrific on furniture, stairs, etc. Overall great machine and would buy again but would probably go with the ball type.

tblackwell49

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tblackwell49
ThunderThighs wrote:As with any online retailer and required by law, tax is charged on the shipping as well.

Didn't see the rest of this discussion but I couldn't help replying. I know of no online retailer that charges tax except on orders from adjoining states and I have never paid sales tax or any kind of tax on shipping. Check Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc and you will quickly see there is no tax on shipping. I live in Tennessee and there is no sales tax on any "service" including shipping. Just placed an order last night with Midway USA which is located in Missouri and there was no sales tax or tax on shipping.

davefer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davefer

This really does suck

No wootalyzer here
Just tasty poodle steaks.
Barrel of Crops 3/22/12
Got my Bag O Carrots, where's yours?
Woot Bucket's are great!
www.panfriedpoodle.com

ckandrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckandrew

My roommate has one of these, and honestly, for less money, I was able to buy a brand new vacuum cleaner from another company that I like more than the Dyson, and for less than the cost of a refurbished one here. This one is complicated and cumbersome.

alokeprasad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alokeprasad

This is for $299 + free shipping on Amazon today (March 29, 2012).

Doesn't mention anything about being refurbished.

Pearljr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pearljr

"I hate the wand on this. It's long and not detachable. And the hose is hard to stretch completely out. If I use the wand the vacuum often comes crashing down. But it'll vacuum up anything!"
I have the DC25 and my only complaint was that I was fighting against the hose stretching it because the vacuum has such great suction and - I call dyson and they said to stretch and wrap the hose around the vacuum itself and tuck the end in under the tank handle. And to leave it like this until ready to use and to do it a couple of times if needed. They tell me this will relax the hose some.

cksphd

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cksphd

Just curious, has Woot purchased Dyson, or has Dyson bought Woot?

nanaejt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nanaejt

Woot= "Ve vill not stup until every Vooter in America buys a Dyson!"

richieu11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richieu11

I currently have a reforx shark navigator vacuum purchased here at good ole woot in 2010 which is a spectacular vacuum that has definitely taken a beating in my house, but the thing is just great. The cord on the vacuum is on its last limb (or shall I say hanging by threads) and we just put an addition on our home and now have double the space we did before with both carpeting and hardwood flooring. I think I will pull the trigger here huh? Not gonna find a better price, and if this reforx is anywhere comparable to what my shark navigator has done for me, I would be satisfied.

(trying to sell myself that I need this and spend the 200 bucks on it, lol)

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

The guy in the photo bought the Dyson for his wife for Valentines Day and is being sent to his room.His wife,off camera, is yelling "you like that Dyson so much call it Donna and sleep with it the next two weeks"

leeanicholas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leeanicholas

Since I'm far too poor to be able to afford most things on Woot I essentially come for the write-ups. And I keep coming back!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
MichXelle wrote:I'm a Dyson fan but own too many or I would be in for this one. I got the cannister about 2 months ago and it's awesome for stairs. It's better than my central vac 50 foot hose. It's lightweight and works really well. The uprights are even more powerful. If you need a vacuum and don't get this Dyson for $205 you're not playing with a full deck.

If these vacs are so great, why do you need more than one? My $10 used Five Star comes with these things called "attachments" that let me do all I need.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

glendweinbaum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glendweinbaum

If someone from outer space checked out Woot for a month, they'd have to be saying to themselves "these Earthlings must have very dirty houses." C'mon. How many vaccuums do we need, wired or robotic? Where's the cool stuff that we don't need that our kids have to show us how to use?

liztull

quality posts: 13 Private Messages liztull

Can someone explain the "hygienic bin emptying?" I have a (cheap) canister vac, and emptying the canister is one of my least favorite things because dust gets everywhere. It made me miss my old bagged vac. But the picture of the bin here looks different. How does it work?

glendweinbaum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glendweinbaum
tblackwell49 wrote:Didn't see the rest of this discussion but I couldn't help replying. I know of no online retailer that charges tax except on orders from adjoining states and I have never paid sales tax or any kind of tax on shipping. Check Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc and you will quickly see there is no tax on shipping. I live in Tennessee and there is no sales tax on any "service" including shipping. Just placed an order last night with Midway USA which is located in Missouri and there was no sales tax or tax on shipping.

I'm in NY, and there is tax on shipping. I also believe you pay sales tax to any online retailer if they have a "physical presence" in the state to which the goods are shipped. There may be some nuance to this state by state, but this is essentially how it works.

gmurchie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmurchie

Just wondering why Woot! seems to have so many refurbished Dysons? They show up all the time.

lankybits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lankybits

The write-up makes it sound silly, but I've vacuumed bees before... I thought it would be a good way to get rid of the yellow jackets in my kids' play area without spraying a lot of chemicals around. It worked great, but it took about 45 fairly tense minutes of laying very still with angry yellow jackets nearby... next time I'd rig a way to prop it by the nest without having to hold it. Also, if you try this, be sure to empty the vacuum in a timely fashion (once they're dead, of course); hundreds of bee carcasses contain a surprising amount of moisture, and it will get quite moldy in there otherwise.

Scoboose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scoboose

anyone know if this can use 220v also?

R&D

quality posts: 2 Private Messages R&D

The guy toting the vacuum up the stairs could not look more disinterested in his task. I wonder if he's a hen-pecked husband who just got ordered to get off the couch and 'do something.' He's chosen to stand on the stairs, vacuum in hand.

doryg151

quality posts: 2 Private Messages doryg151

Miele canisters (German)(not a huge fan of their Uprights)
Sebo (German)
Riccar (US)

Are all better vacuums and have better filtration. Yes, they are all more expensive but they are built to commercial grade and have commercial duty cycle. If you admit to using you Dyson at a business it voids your warranty.

So while Miele, Sebo, and Riccar are better value (IMHO), they work better, last significantly longer, and are user serviceable for all wear items.

Not to mention my X4 upright (purch. 2005) folds flat to the floor so I can vacuum all the way under the couch and bed.

I don't hate Dyson I just wouldn't buy one.
Not even for my mother-in-law I got her a Miele and now that's all I hear about.(in a good way)

doryg151

quality posts: 2 Private Messages doryg151
nanaejt wrote:Woot= "Ve vill not stup until every Vooter in America buys a Dyson!"

Dyson is British company not German.

wootdstewart00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootdstewart00

The thing I was most excited about was the warranty. I registered the referbished Dyson I purchased from Woot and was only expecting the 1 year warranty to apply. To my amazement, I received an email a few days after registration telling me how my Dyson has a 5 year warranty! For the price of a referb and having the warranty of a new Dyson, it's a can't miss deal. Plus, this thing works better than I ever imagined... with the exception of the awkward wand.

"The problem with reality is that there is no background music".

junkite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages junkite

Another two hundred dollar vacuum on woot? Just how many vacuums do we need?

grossmonian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grossmonian
Can someone explain the "hygienic bin emptying?" I have a (cheap) canister vac, and emptying the canister is one of my least favorite things because dust gets everywhere. It made me miss my old bagged vac. But the picture of the bin here looks different. How does it work?

You take the canister off the vacuum, then you can hold it over your trashbag or trashcan, then pull the release trigger, which dumps the contents out the bottom of the canister. Basically it's one-touch to empty the canister.

Check out the Woot picture gallery, and there is a good image-the pink piece is the trigger.

curiosity54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curiosity54

Tax is always charged on shipping in the state of Pennsylvania so don't say it is never charged. It all depends on where you live and the state law.

jasonthornhill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonthornhill

I wish WOOT would not have such high priced items all the time, or at least if they are going to have a $100+ item, then also have a less expensive one. I love good deals, and I love WOOT, but I just can't afford such expensive gadgets. My canister vac at home costs $49.99 at Target and has served me very well for 4 years now. I'd have to use the Dyson for 16 years to get the same value. Anyway, please WOOT, give us working guys a break.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

Bought this in Jan, got it and it looked new. We love it! The wand is a bit annoying to use because it IS the top handle part. You have to unwind the entire cord to take it off and use it and the hose likes to pull together, though when using the wand it is easy to extend and get ceilings/corners. The pickup is good and the vacuum is light. I strongly recommend this!

Also be sure to register it online, when I did it gave me a 3 or 5 year warranty (I don't recall)

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud
jasonthornhill wrote:I wish WOOT would not have such high priced items all the time, or at least if they are going to have a $100+ item, then also have a less expensive one. I love good deals, and I love WOOT, but I just can't afford such expensive gadgets. My canister vac at home costs $49.99 at Target and has served me very well for 4 years now. I'd have to use the Dyson for 16 years to get the same value. Anyway, please WOOT, give us working guys a break.

Hop on over to deals.woot and you'll get all of the cheap crap you could ever want to impulse buy.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

kmeltzer

quality posts: 33 Private Messages kmeltzer

The guy in the photo looks pretty bummed that he has to carry that up the stairs. I don't want to look bummed, in for none.

electricfx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages electricfx

For what its worth, no hype, I've had my dyson for seven years now with out a single issue.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets

I also bought this in January. I love it. Well, as much as you can love a vacuum.

Oh, get your mind out of the gutter, sicko.

Works like a champ and was new even though it was marked as a refurb. The wand takes some getting used to but once you do, it's a clever design.

Nothing follows.

verucht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verucht

Am I the only one that thinks the picture could be the dumbest, picture, ever used to demonstrate a vacuum. Hi, I'm sad guy, on fake stairs, resting, with a vacuum. So, come on, by the vacuum.

100% Me, no filler

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628

Does multifloor refer to it being light and able to take up and down the stairs easily, or that it can handle multiple floor types (carpet, hardwood, etc.)?

thordic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thordic

Someone is clearly immune to innuendo...

biggoron

quality posts: 11 Private Messages biggoron

got one in a previous woot. Love it. Refurb looked BRAND NEW. no marks, no smells. Was probably never even used. Highly recommended.

Quality post? Me??

vballprincess859

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vballprincess859
Iotech wrote:I hate the wand on this. It's long and not detachable. And the hose is hard to stretch completely out. If I use the wand the vacuum often comes crashing down. But it'll vacuum up anything!

Actually, the wand DOES detach from the hose. I have used mine about half a dozen times (got it on the last Woot for the same price) and every time I've taken that ridiculously long hose off. You can hook all the other attachments up directly to the hose (at least the ones I've tried).

Designing shirts since last week!