+ Add a Comment

worldwidewebfeet


quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

jsoko


quality posts: 9 Private Messages jsoko
novidude wrote:How is it off? 11 hours before 12am is 1pm.



I thought you were talking about after midnight. Didn't you say something like they are striking for 11 hours? I may just be tired and can't read.

Jessara


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
jsoko wrote:I thought you were talking about after midnight. Didn't you say something like they are striking for 11 hours? I may just be tired and can't read.



Yes, but which eleven hours?

andrewkl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
jsoko wrote:I thought you were talking about after midnight. Didn't you say something like they are striking for 11 hours? I may just be tired and can't read.



Strike began at midnight, and at 10:30 central, they said they were in hour 11 of the strike...

Given all the oddball theories, let's just say that the bag will appear at 4:01 PM... You decide which time zone...

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

jsoko


quality posts: 9 Private Messages jsoko
Jessara wrote:Yes, but which eleven hours?



i have no idea. Midnight + 11 =11am. 8am +11hours = 7pm. Midmight -11 hours =1pm

efprofessor


quality posts: 8 Private Messages efprofessor

looks like they updated the strike blog... making progress for worker rights and all that stuff that will move us to a new boney ole carps...

http://www.woot.com/Blog/?cat=Strike

jsoko


quality posts: 9 Private Messages jsoko
efprofessor wrote:looks like they updated the strike blog... making progress for worker rights and all that stuff that will move us to a new boney ole carps...

http://www.woot.com/Blog/?cat=Strike



It's been up for a while now.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

katjim00 wrote:Not true.... I posted twice about posts being deleted and that they were cleaning house and mine were cleaned up too



Our apologies. Some posts are difficult to tell since we're deleting them at the speed of light. We'll take more time to distinguish the good ones! :D

andrewkl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
jsoko wrote:i have no idea. Midnight + 11 =11am. 8am +11hours = 7pm. Midmight -11 hours =1pm



PEOPLE!!! You need to read!!

"We're now in hour 11 of the Woot writers' strike,"

This would indicate that the 'strike' began at midnight last night...

you all need some sleep....

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

bdh008


quality posts: 4 Private Messages bdh008
ROGETRAY wrote:Our apologies. Some posts are difficult to tell since we're deleting them at the speed of light. We'll take more time to distinguish the good ones! :D



Despite the unintended deletions of good posts, keep up the good work! I've never been so annoyed with the letters PM in all my life.

zott


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zott
ROGETRAY wrote:Our apologies. Some posts are difficult to tell since we're deleting them at the speed of light. We'll take more time to distinguish the good ones! :D




There are good ones?

katjim00


quality posts: 7 Private Messages katjim00
ROGETRAY wrote:Our apologies. Some posts are difficult to tell since we're deleting them at the speed of light. We'll take more time to distinguish the good ones! :D



I didn't take it personally But thank you for the acknowledgement! Ya'll are doing a great job!

vernon71


quality posts: 2 Private Messages vernon71
ROGETRAY wrote:Our apologies. Some posts are difficult to tell since we're deleting them at the speed of light. We'll take more time to distinguish the good ones! :D



What?! What about our freedom of sp

lizzitish


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzitish

Thank you for getting rid of the gerbilishness! Go ahead and delete them all, except the 5 related to the ac :P We are still lurking about, tired, hungry, desperate wooters.. ready to repost at the slightest sign of absolutely no need to say anything ^.^

Lizzi Tish

buffaloed


quality posts: 28 Private Messages buffaloed
Big Bad Bill wrote:The nice thing about these portable AC units is that you can just have a small hole or 2 through a wall for them to work instead of putting in a window where someone could remove and get into your house. Plus you can put it closer to you if you like it cold.



TT: Added to indicate product related post.



I use one of these portable units in a room that has sky windows. It isn't possible to use a window unit with them. I just cut a hole in the wall to vent is outside. The model I have is the Amcor Nanomax A12000E. It's been working well for 3 years, but when it dies, I'll be looking for something quieter. If the room had a suitable window I would avoid this type of A/C altogether. They're significantly louder, less efficient and more expensive than window units.

maui


quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui

Ima get at least one of these 1 Haier CPN14XC9 Air conditioners! The customer service problems some are alleging on the part of Haier are totally bogus! Those guys are the BEST! Well, not as good as the Woot! staff, maybe, but second best, anyway.

worldwidewebfeet


quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet
vernon71 wrote:What?! What about our freedom of sp



Woot is a private company/message boards, they can delete or allow any postings they feel. Freedom of Speech refers to the government.

When you are in someone else's house they can allow or censor any speech they like.

emmyhatesyou


quality posts: 0 Private Messages emmyhatesyou

Just got my coffee ready. Hopefully I can make it through this without falling asleep on my keyboard.

But I do have a question about this air conditioner though, how big of an area will this cool? I'm asking because this could actually be of use in the spring/fall months where I live because the temperature can fluxuate so much. The longer I look at it, the more I'm tempted to purchase one.

darianwiccan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages darianwiccan
chuckf1 wrote:Can you tell me what that little figure is in the picture you posted?

Thank you.



ROFL Nice Try. It's bigger than a goblin, smaller than a giant, and when not annoying people online, spends it's days living under a bridge eating goats.

x 15

meh3884


quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

I wonder if this type of unit is allowed in a "No AC install" apartment complex...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Of course you all know that before you use this air conditioner, you need to air shampoo...

Repeat if necessary..

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

quabaq


quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq
meh3884 wrote:I wonder if this type of unit is allowed in a "No AC install" apartment complex...



I would say not. It's still an AC unit. I think you need to move.

chuckf1


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckf1
darianwiccan wrote:ROFL Nice Try. It's bigger than a goblin, smaller than a giant, and when not annoying people online, spends it's days living under a bridge eating goats.



It must be the Purge Monster, who gobbled up the post when I asked what was in the picture.

Chaia


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chaia
meh3884 wrote:I wonder if this type of unit is allowed in a "No AC install" apartment complex...



Technically, yes. What they object to the the huge units jutting out of the windows. These are flush with the window, and harder to regulate because of it.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

tempest1964


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tempest1964

Walter Sobchak: OVER THE LINE!
Smokey: Huh?
Walter Sobchak: I’m sorry, Smokey. You were over the line, that’s a foul.
Smokey: BS. Mark it 8, Dude.
Walter Sobchak: Uh, excuse me. Mark it zero. Next frame.
Smokey: BS, Walter. Mark it 8, Dude.
Walter Sobchak: Smokey, this is not ‘Nam. This is Woot. There are rules.

darianwiccan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages darianwiccan
ROGETRAY wrote:



I prefer the techno remake from the Geico commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amOqFg-NQtw

x 15

zeekz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zeekz

Wow. Over 500 comments and hardly any about the A/C? Anyone know (or care) if this a/c is a current model?

herriga


quality posts: 6 Private Messages herriga

We moved into our house on the hottest weekend of the summer (100 degree highs) last year and the electrician had not hooked up the heat pump yet. We used an air conditioner like this in the bedroom all day with the door closed and by around 11 at night it was finally cool enough to actually sleep. Maybe this one was "more power" but I would be skeptical about using one to cool an entire house/apartment. Maybe as an additional unit on the opposite side of the house as a window unit.

meh3884


quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
quabaq wrote:Is there a different thread where we can talk about the April Fool's Joke? One where our posts WON'T get deleted?



Join us on the dark side over at deals.woot http://deals.woot.com/questions/details/cd2e7bfb-be5f-434a-9fb2-e2a2de7a3014/who-thinks-they-will-still-do-a-Bunnies Ogling Carrots-tonight?sort=newest

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

PFloyd98


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PFloyd98

PFloyd98

shuj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shuj
PFloyd98 wrote:



LOVE IT!

yrguide


quality posts: 5 Private Messages yrguide
shuj wrote:Ok, we're approaching the 12 hour mark for the Barrel of Crops wait. Anyone think the strike will end "at the stroke of 12"? This Cinderella has only had naps here and there while waiting and is getting ready to raise the white flag and accept defeat this year. I'm just too tired to keep marching on unless someone else has another theory.



Same here, between the futile search last night and the 8am goose chase I've only had 5 hours and I'm definitely an 8 hour a night kinda gal.

Dear woot gods, if you have (or have stolen a heart) you'll let this roll in about 10 mins. xoxoxox.

duodec


quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec
herriga wrote:We moved into our house on the hottest weekend of the summer (100 degree highs) last year and the electrician had not hooked up the heat pump yet. We used an air conditioner like this in the bedroom all day with the door closed and by around 11 at night it was finally cool enough to actually sleep. Maybe this one was "more power" but I would be skeptical about using one to cool an entire house/apartment. Maybe as an additional unit on the opposite side of the house as a window unit.



These are absolutely single room units. If you had a large great-room it will help moderate the temperature, especially if you have additional fannage to help move the air, but they're best used in a discrete area that is not too large.

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

shuj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shuj
yrguide wrote:Same here, between the futile search last night and the 8am goose chase I've only had 5 hours and I'm definitely an 8 hour a night kinda gal.

Dear woot gods, if you have (or have stolen a heart) you'll let this roll in about 10 mins. xoxoxox.



That's about all the sleep I've had too and until last night I was already up for nearly 36 hours (MAJOR insomnia). I feel like my eyes are ready to go on strike!

worldwidewebfeet


quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet
radi0j0hn wrote:You do understand that you are supposed to use the vent kit in a window to blow the hot air outside, just as a window mounted A/C unit does?

Please tell me you haven't just bought one of these used at a pawn shop with no vent kit, plopped it in your living room and turned it on.



You do understand that the plastic vent tubes DO radiate heat. The longer the run the more heat radiation into the room. Add in the possibility of even a pin hole. I know this from experience. I installed and serviced specialized computer and electronic eqipment into commercial locations. A particular customer with multiple locations thought they would save some dollars by just using a portable ac unit, instead of having a wall mount commercial unit installed. The rooms got so hot during even a spring day, we had to shut the equipment down until they got the ac working. The exhaust tubes got so hot you could fry eggs on them. This required the portable units to constantly work, they would break, cause circuit breakers to blow.
Now a portable ac unit at home is sometimes the only option. Many windows (vinyl replacements etc)won't support a window ac unit without modifications. And be careful what window you vent these to, easy access to unwanted visitors.
And flexible vinyl/plastic clothes dryer exhaust hose is mostly in violation of building codes.
http://laundry.about.com/od/clothesdryers/f/dryerducts.htm

jsoko


quality posts: 9 Private Messages jsoko
worldwidewebfeet wrote:You do understand that the plastic vent tubes DO radiate heat. The longer the run the more heat radiation into the room. Add in the possibility of even a pin hole. I know this from experience. I installed and serviced specialized computer and electronic eqipment into commercial locations. A particular customer with multiple locations thought they would save some dollars by just using a portable ac unit, instead of having a wall mount commercial unit installed. The rooms got so hot during even a spring day, we had to shut the equipment down until they got the ac working. The exhaust tubes got so hot you could fry eggs on them. This required the portable units to constantly work, they would break, cause circuit breakers to blow.
Now a portable ac unit at home is sometimes the only option. Many windows (vinyl replacements etc)won't support a window ac unit without modifications. And be careful what window you vent these to, easy access to unwanted visitors.
And flexible vinyl/plastic clothes dryer exhaust hose is mostly in violation of building codes.
http://laundry.about.com/od/clothesdryers/f/dryerducts.htm



It's not radiating... it's convecting.

chuckf1


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckf1
darianwiccan wrote:Nothing to see here... move along. These are not the droids you are looking for.



I find your lack of faith in the Bag of Chocolate, to be .......... disturbing.

nico97


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nico97

Maybe the April Fool's Day joke is that there will be no bunnies ogling carrots on April Fools and instead will be up for sale the next day?

vernon71


quality posts: 2 Private Messages vernon71
jsoko wrote:It's not radiating... it's convecting.



If they were hot enough to fry eggs, they would be hot enough to radiate heat too.