jon98gn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages jon98gn

Obviously we need to do a Bag of Crumpets strike! Next time the bag of Crumpets is posted, we need to stand in solitude and not purchase it.

\

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

Don't you all understand? There's a Bunnies Ogling Carrots inside each of us. You just have to relax and let it out.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 86 Private Messages sellbuyer92
jon98gn wrote:Obviously we need to do a Bag of Crumpets strike! Next time the bag of Crumpets is posted, we need to stand in solitude and not purchase it.

you're very funny...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

mikebbass

quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass
M3wThr33 wrote:The jerk store called...

Im glad I am not the only one stalking both forums.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

soliver

quality posts: 27 Private Messages soliver
    DaveInSoCal wrote:Don't you all understand? There's a Bunnies Ogling Carrots inside each of us. You just have to relax and let it out.

Last time I did that I got arrested. Granted it was at a Celine Dion concert...

mikebbass

quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass
    soliver wrote:Last time I did that I got arrested. Granted it was at a Celine Dion concert...

that seems fair then, she was dumping it on all of you.

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal
    soliver wrote:Last time I did that I got arrested. Granted it was at a Celine Dion concert...

You should have been arrested for going to a Celine Dion concert! ;)

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder

Remember the Seinfeld episode when Kramer went on strike from the ice cream store and no one noticed?
    Just asking.

PabloPalmeri6837

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PabloPalmeri6837

I noticed you guys posted today... did the strike end?

propenguin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages propenguin

Woot your april fools joke could have atleast been funny.

lizzitish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzitish

Dear Woot,
    I am not bitter, disappointed, but not bitter. I am however saddened by the fact that you did not carry the joke through. What good is a golf swing without follow through? What good is a Punch in a boxing match if you don't visualize going through your object? You have let me down by virtue of lack of imagination. I will continue wooting, I am not angry or bitter or upset about the Bunnies Ogling Carrots.. I recognize things are changing, each person must decide for themselves what they do with this new era... but at least have the integrity to really screw with us.. don't leave us hanging like that.
    Sincerely,
    Me

Lizzi Tish

Raider9924

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raider9924

No resolution update just new items with a normal description and that's the end of the story? When we got this update I figured they would at least finish the story. Hopefully now that the writers have apparently returned to work they might give us a conclusion to the story.

marisano

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marisano
    theycallmechad wrote:I am grateful for the 1%. My employment in their companies has provided food, shelter, and the occasional Woot-product (and other luxuries) for my family and I for years. I'm tired of a small group of individuals who claim to be the "99" trying to represent the rest of us. Talk about killing the American dream....

As I understand it, the problem is not with the 1% (most wealthy Americans) as such, it is with them having allegedly benefited from unwise banking practices while the going was good, but then having everyone (else) pick up the tab when things went awry. It is also with outright illegal practices that have gone wholly unpunished.

I believe the American dream also had something to do with equality, or perhaps better put, fairness. I hope that it still does.

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1

I knew the writers would cave! Enjoy your 3-person deep beer lines, chumps!

xavoc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xavoc

Joke's on us I suppose. Wish I hadn't bothered wasting my time searching for something that wasn't there.

jpawmsu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpawmsu
    propenguin wrote:Woot your april fools joke could have atleast been funny.

this, nothing about it was funny. Look some rain shower sticking his tongue out. Wow that probably goes over huge in the texas 1st grade classrooms

theycallmechad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theycallmechad
    marisano wrote:As I understand it, the problem is not with the 1% (most wealthy Americans) as such, it is with them having allegedly benefited from unwise banking practices while the going was good, but then having everyone (else) pick up the tab when things went awry. It is also with outright illegal practices that have gone wholly unpunished.

I believe the American dream also had something to do with equality. I hope that it still does.

Equal opportunity or equal in wealth?

Two of my brothers are doctors. I work at a local print shop and live currently below the poverty line. I pursued a career in the medical field but fell short due to my laziness in college. They worked their butts off for 8 years and did not. Different status with regards to wealth, but with equal opportunities; however, even though I failed once, I know that in America I can go out and try and try again. Someday I may succeed, not because of them or anybody else, but because of myself and the support of those around me. Don't give me something I didn't earn. THAT is MY American dream.

I'm proud to be in the 99%. We know how to work, struggle, and still be happy with what we have.

But to your point, there are those who do take advantage of the system, but that occurs in ALL social classes, not just the 1%. The majority of all people are good.

-EDIT-
    Please understand I'm not trying to convert anybody to my views. I just want to be understood and not categorized. I understand and respect your side. It is a very attractive and argument the "99" protesters offer, but it's not for me and my family.

Now where's my Crap O' Bags?!

jimgraffam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimgraffam

Meh.

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301

I hope we hear that the carp was somewhere (such as requiring us to win Crapshoot again, which I played like 50 times but always got screwed by two items approaching my simultaneously), but hardly anyone found it. If so, I'll feel better. If not, and there was none available, I'll be extremely disappointed in Woot. Ever year I look forward to April Fool's Day to see what Woot will do to make us work for the carp. If they've stopped that tradition, they're really starting to lose touch with us. So I hope it was hidden somewhere such that I can only blame myself.

dfcnothing

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfcnothing

My comments seemed to be deleted from the product posting. Im not sure why. Im just a guy who has for the past couple of years come here on holidays designated by your company as special where you offer up your signature item, the Bunnies Ogling Carrots Ive been able to get one the last two years. And I always stop back on anniversary days, and christmas, most of the others youve set up. The joke of the strike was funny, but most of us figured youd follow it up with the bag.

PabloPalmeri6837

jel2301 wrote:I hope we hear that the carp was somewhere (such as requiring us to win Crapshoot again, which I played like 50 times but always got screwed by two items approaching my simultaneously), but hardly anyone found it. If so, I'll feel better. If not, and there was none available, I'll be extremely disappointed in Woot. Ever year I look forward to April Fool's Day to see what Woot will do to make us work for the carp. If they've stopped that tradition, they're really starting to lose touch with us. So I hope it was hidden somewhere such that I can only blame myself.

Speaking as one of the people that checked back every hour, I'm sorry to tell you no Hidden Crap was on woot. I went thru the source code on every page.

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
    dfcnothing wrote:...The joke of the strike was funny, but most of us figured youd follow it up with the bag.

Or at least an ending to the joke.

snooty2toes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snooty2toes

what joke?

Beetle Breakfast

hcl777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hcl777

Funny, all day today I was glued to my computer. Every year it's become a tradition to check Woot on April 1. When the whole strike narrative came up, surely it meant that Woot had an elaborate plan to outdo itself yet again. It was nice seeing a lot of the old time Wooters back and all anticipating what Woot would do.

And woot did...nothing. years of tradition broken.

I really ,really hate to say it, but I wonder if there isn't a new crew in charge that really doesn't get how it works. Woods customers are loyal for a reason, and it came after years and years of cultivating it in us.

In recent years, we've seen a noticeable decline in the quality of stuff. The pricing doesnt seem as killer as it once did. I don't remember message boards having hundreds of messages deleted en masse. Bs of c used to at least contain $8 worth of stuff but that's not true any more. And traditions like the July 4 bag were precious to us.

Lately, it just doesn't feel like woot "gets it". And that's a ashame, because for years it was one of the only companies that did.

dfcnothing

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfcnothing

From Woots Facebook page -
    WOOT - We just did several several runs of the Bunnies Ogling Carrots in the Woot-Off the other week to cover all the people who have complained before about not being able to get one. We're deleting the complaints about April Fools on the forums because you're probably posting them in a place where they're off topic. There are plenty of other places in the World of Woot section where you can join in with everyone else who's not happy about it.

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

Woot, you have always thrown us a curveball for April 1, and made us work hard for our Carp. But, but to make us work hard over the past 24 hours with no 'pot of gold' at the end of the rainbow? Pretty aromatic!

PabloPalmeri6837

I think the Strike needs to reverse to a customer strike... Ever since http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnCHCcveteA it's been downhill

Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87

For anyone who's confused, here's what happened to Woot! and their traditions:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnCHCcveteA

--Jae
    Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
    dfcnothing wrote:From Woots Facebook page -
    WOOT - We just did several several runs of the Bunnies Ogling Carrots in the Woot-Off the other week to cover all the people who have complained before about not being able to get one. We're deleting the complaints about April Fools on the forums because you're probably posting them in a place where they're off topic. There are plenty of other places in the World of Woot section where you can join in with everyone else who's not happy about it.

eljordo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eljordo

I love the 1%. There are not rich people and poor people in American. There are rich people, and soon to be rich people. When I am driving in my car through a wealthy neighborhood I don't see the people living in the houses and be angry towards them, I think to myself "Soon I will be with you".

Jae87

Are we allowed to demand an explanation from a staffer?
    Because I demand an explanation from a staffer!

--Jae
    Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

LinuxTrance

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LinuxTrance

Seriously, it's 1:47am, I have to be up for work at 7:15, can you just confirm yay or nay on the Bunnies Ogling Carrots? That's all I'm asking. It's leaning like 99% nay, just want to make sure, cause I'll be crazy sad if I miss out

dalamar666

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dalamar666

There is no pleasing some people. I think that the community benefited more from yesterday than from buying brown paper bags. As consumers we still have a choice to use other websites for our shopping needs. Seeing a new discounted item every day on multiple websites is still going to bring me back. I have never received a coveted Bag or crap and I have accepted I probably never will. I have been denied in processing many times but also bought many things from woot. The interaction from the website to us the consumers has been pretty decent. I admit I miss the sansa's and the little robot vacuum's and he bacon salt. The joke things like the condoms from that one wootoff. The site has not changed. Still one discount item a day and an almost monthly liquidation of crap.

Jae87

I'm just surprised no one's gone off spamming Amazon yet- though I'm sure it's going to happen soon. They're the real bad guys, after all. Woot's just under their control via contract.

--Jae

eljordo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eljordo

Funny I quit going to woot! exactly one year ago after the horrible buggy game they made as go through where 95% of the time you would get to level 4 and come up against a impossible to win situation. I come back thinking maybe they got that act together, which sadly they did not. Guess im gone for another year.

deech216

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deech216

Bah. This was a slap in the face.

You have customers who stick around because of who you are, not what you do. You were the first to do the one day one deal thing. Awesome. But now, you're only one of hundreds, many with better deals than you.

But you guys, you built a community around you that actively likes Woot as a brand and come back for silliness like the July 4th and April 1st traditions.

This year? You didn't even act like you cared to make an effort.

You had people waiting all day for something and you gave them nothing.

Way to go.

Member since 2005. Git off my Lawn!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I feel like Charlie Brown and Lucy has the football.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Jae87

Whatever changed you, Woot... Seriously, drop it. Go back to the way you used to be. I miss the daily wootcast songs. I miss the random stupidity. I miss the roombas and the bacon salt and the monkeys, and more than any of that, I miss the annual craps. Birthday, Christmas, and the April Fools Crap were things I looked forwards to and set as reminders in my phone's calendar. I had a feeling that I would be left disappointed this April Fool's, but it still sucks.

--Jae

Apollo1Man

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Apollo1Man

They could have easily put that up a day ago, instead of just sit back and laugh at people caring about their little game. It's something they usually do and if they didn't want to this year, fine. Just don't not say anything until after especially the one day that it's usually hidden on top of it.

PabloPalmeri6837

According to the Woot calendar
    "Woot blows the Internet's mind yet again"

Well they sure did blow my mind by not having the Bunnies Ogling Carrots Seems like Woot has lost it's fun.