WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!

Although I am disappointed. I'm not mad about no Bunnies Ogling Carrots I'm on the computer for 15-20 hours a day anyways. Today I just had more pages to refresh and check on that's all.

I'm mad because my post about going to church in the morning and praying that the peeps got a bag while I was gone was deleted. Wow! that was longer than the original post.

See ya tomorrow, Same Woot! time, Same Woot! channel.

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
bradyson wrote:

Thanks for lightening it up some! I LOL'd.

It seems unlikely at this point that this was anything other than a true April Fool's joke, especially after seeing their Facebook post. I'm not concerned about the Bunnies Ogling Carrots (I actually have one en route from the Woot-off), but I honestly missed the fun of past experiences like "Woot Your Own Adventure" and "Woot Quest." It's just hard to accept that we were all looking for clues, signals, and the clever antics that Woot is known for (hidden links), but in the end it was just a waste of time (no products to browse, lost sleep). I definitely won't quit shopping with Woot, but that simply wasn't fun.

I hope this will turn into a multi day "April Fools-Off" and we'll at least get the end of the writer-strike story soon. Just trying to think positive.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
WOOTSUPPP!! wrote:I'm mad because my post about going to church in the morning and praying that the peeps got a bag while I was gone was deleted.

Yeah, my post about needing to go to church and wishing those still on the hunt good luck was deleted, too. I posted it to the actual product thread, though, so I figured it got mopped up with all the other off-topic posts over there.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

SilverStar830

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SilverStar830

suckers.

maui

quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui
SilverStar830 wrote:

suckers.

Yes I are

pippi224456

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pippi224456

For me it's not the lack of crap, it's the letting people stay up late for no reason two nights in a row without even a word that there would not be any crap. If it was just said off the bat that there was none I woulda been ok..................but no had to keep me up, screw up my sleep for nothing but a FB post an hour after it ends that just pisses me off. At least have some care for those of us that still follow you!

lovecraft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovecraft
dfcnothing wrote:From Woots Facebook page -
WOOT - We just did several several runs of the Bunnies Ogling Carrots in the Woot-Off the other week to cover all the people who have complained before about not being able to get one.

Thanks for posting that here as I have a bad reaction to Fakebook. It gives me dysentery.

I'd like to point out that splitting a normal quantity (2489 total compared to 2487 for the January 19th Crap) into four purchase opportunities is not the same as "several runs of the Bunnies Ogling Carrots". It is one average Bunnies Ogling Carrots broken up to enable WOOT! to work the bugs out of their new "Oh My Fruitful Garden!Everybody'sBuyingCrap!" server software.

I'm not stirring the Crap-bucket here. I had gotten bored with the predictability of "Oh look. It's a Woot-Off. So sometime on day 2 or 3 between 1 and 6 CST there'll be a Bunnies Ogling Carrots. I enjoyed seeing the multiple chances at getting a Boggle, even though I did not this time. But stand up and say to your fans "There's only so much Crap to go around. The logistics alone are crippling. We just had One 10 days ago. We'll have more randomly in the future, but not today".

Oh, and if you truly want to address your fans/customers, Post It On Your Own Website. Link it on Facespace or Mybook or the Necronomicon for all I care. But the first, best place we consumers should feel like checking should be HERE, not some third-party, pseudo-social advertising webspace. I mean, you DO have a blog at your disposal.

I didn't mean to get all het up. I do love you WOOT! *kisses*

GeekyOne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GeekyOne

WOW - that really sucks - in the 6 years Ive been here Ive gotten 4 Bunnies Ogling Carrots - 2 of those were from April 1st - I actually lucked out at xmas and got my first santa sack crap last year but in all fairness I didnt get a April fools crap last year due to that buggy game that I finished but never got an offer of crap while other continued to get through - the santa crap was this first and only crap Id gotten all year. Aprils 1st crap is the only time I stand an equal chance of getting crap at all - woot offs are so predictable and the trolls who only buy the crap know it. If you want to change things up thats great - but do it so those of us who actually buy stuff from you other than crap get a semi decent chance at getting crap.

GeekyOne

xnxsxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xnxsxx

sometimes change is bad. this is one of those times.

marisano

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marisano
theycallmechad wrote:Equal opportunity or equal in wealth?

Yeah, that's why I edited my response to read, "fair". But the opportunities are not always so equal either. Try heading out to a typical inner city school.

> I know that in America I can go out and try and try again.

I'm certainly not saying that one cannot change one's station in America, but holding everyone accountable is meant to safeguard that.

> Don't give me something I didn't earn. THAT is MY American dream.

That's cool. It's not my dream though. I didn't 'earn' the air that I breath, but I happily make use of it. Nor did I earn life. I want to be given a great many things I didn't earn - but I want those things for other too. Ideally everyone would do something they take pride in and we would all benefit, whether or not we earned it as such.

> But to your point, there are those who do take advantage of the system,
> but that occurs in ALL social classes, not just the 1%.

Yes. But the so-called 1% is much less likely to suffer consequences for having done so, or at least anything near comparable consequences.

> The majority of all people are good.

I certainly would not go that far, but I agree that most people are not actively bad.

> Please understand I'm not trying to convert anybody to my views.

I did not take it that you were. However, I did not feel that the 99%-er argument was being very faithfully expressed.

> Now where's my Crap O' Bags?!

In that regard, I fear we are equally impoverished. Should we be thanking woot! for its fairness as well as for not awarding us anything we did not earn?

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
propenguin wrote:Woot your april fools joke could have atleast been funny.

Really.. So uncharacteristic of woot... I like the uy who commented that a joke unfinished is like a golf swing with no follow through.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots aside, this was poorly executed..

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007

I'm not pissed or even upset that I was on the computer waiting for Woot to do something, but I do agree this was a bad move.

The writer strike thing was interesting and had me checking back to see what would happen next. I understand it was on a Sunday, but no further updates on the strike? Woot could have done a lot more to keep us interested. I'm a litte disappointed, but not for the fact that there was not a Bunnies Ogling Carrots I've been here long enough not to expect things from Woot. I do agree with the woot-off reasoning so that is not why I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed from the lack of a good story.

I will still come back though and I'm betting most of the people hating will be back as well (or at least trying to score the next Bunnies Ogling Carrots. Some people will leave, but I'm guessing they would have left anyways.

If Woot is actually reading this, what you need to take away from this is: You need to follow through with your story!

HikingStick

quality posts: 6 Private Messages HikingStick
pooflady wrote:I feel like Charlie Brown and Lucy has the football.

+1,000,001

HikingStick
Blessings Of Commerce> Seven!
Woots> 36 and counting!
Sellout Woots> Eight.
Shirt Woots> Two (BoCarrots, The Raven).
Kids Woots> Eight.

mvanco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco

I completely agree that this was VERY poorly handled... It is also unlike woot to police their forums so harshly. Pointing to the fact that someone didn't know that this was going to be the epic fail it inevitably was. Even worse than the proverbial "fart in church" Cause in that case the church goers might actually laugh.

And yes, if you are going to comment on the april fools event or lack of it, take a page from TT, post it here... not face book... that was pure stupidity... For shame woot.

For the record I have never gotten an april fools Bunnies Ogling Carrots but enjoyed every aromatic and extravagant ploy or game they ever came up with. Until this year... if it even counts as a ploy.... That would infer they thought, that people would think this was funny...

• Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

dropzone9540

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dropzone9540
PabloPalmeri6837 wrote:According to the Woot calendar
"Woot blows the Internet's mind yet again"

Well they sure did blow my mind by not having the Bunnies Ogling Carrots Seems like Woot has lost it's fun.

I suppose we cant say we werent warned...

lizzitish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzitish
andrewkl wrote:Really.. So uncharacteristic of woot... I like the uy who commented that a joke unfinished is like a golf swing with no follow through.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots aside, this was poorly executed..

I is a girl ^.^ But yes, and I am not on Woot's face book page, that is reserved for family and people I know irl. I check here, every day. You could have updated the writers strike and said.. hey guys, we just had it, but thanks for playing... anything.

Lizzi Tish

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

..and yet the april 2nd daily email conversation between Mortimer and Monte seems to have been written by a S.C.A.B...

"Question.

Straightforward but exasperated acknowledgement.

Exposition concerning my skewed views of the office refrigerator.

Vain attempt at correcting your views through logic.

Hilarious misunderstanding that only serves to reinforce my misconceptions.

Sigh of disappointment at what my daily conversations have become."

Things that make ya go hmmmmmmm.....

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

SColburn

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SColburn

Worst. April Fool. EVAR.

I fully intended to spend money here yesterday, but instead wasted only time on a snipe hunt. Ordinarily, I'd say 'joke's on woot!' but too many of you fools (you know who you are) bought an overpriced A/C unit in April, so it turns out woot! got over after all.

Even though I didn't get one, I liked the sprinkling of Bunnies Ogling Carrots throughout the last woot-off -- which, frankly, is how it should be anyway. The woot! stock had finally risen, in my book. But this stunt (a half-baked joke with no punchline) may have dropped it back to rock-bottom.

chuckf1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckf1
dfcnothing wrote:From Woots Facebook page -
WOOT - We just did several several runs of the Bunnies Ogling Carrots in the Woot-Off the other week to cover all the people who have complained before about not being able to get one. We're deleting the complaints about April Fools on the forums because you're probably posting them in a place where they're off topic. There are plenty of other places in the World of Woot section where you can join in with everyone else who's not happy about it.

Thank you for the information. This was info that Woot should have posted on this website, rather than on Facebook. How many of us would have thought to go to Facebook to get an update on what was occuring on Woot? I sure didn't.

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759

Yep, I stayed up until about 1:30 am searching for the Bunnies Ogling Carrots Then waited until 8:00 am, then 8:30, then I said, "To heck with it" and went out to enjoy the beautiful day.

I'm not sure what's going on with Woot lately. That was probably the un-funniest April Fool's Day joke ever.

I'm not bitter but I am disappointed and more than a little surprised at Woot.

I miss TPW

**EDIT**
Oh, and I did check their FB page. I never saw the "announcement" nor could I find it now.

ypmhammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ypmhammer

I'm wondering if any of the people at Woot are getting ready to come in to work right now and thinking, "man, I wonder what crap we're gonna read on the forums about what we did with yesterday."

Woot, I haven't been with you as long as others. But I appreciate you. Sometimes change needs to happen, and people may not always get it. I'm choosing to trust you.

dalematthew

quality posts: 21 Private Messages dalematthew

FAIL

You used to be funny and have a sense of humor.

FAIL

hcl777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hcl777

I have to concur with those people who write that the sad thing here isn't that we were "robbed" of the chance at a bag. It's the death of a long and very, very fun tradition.

The 2007 $1 million bag
The 2008 Woot-off with the same item
The 2009 $1 million shipping bag
The 2010 Woot Your Own Adventure
The 2011 Crapshoot Game

Each year it got more elaborate and more entertaining. Which is why a lot of us were waiting with anticipation of what crazy stunt Woot would pull next.

This is why a ton of people stayed up Saturday night. And why a ton of people stayed up Sunday night. And why many long time customers feel very, very disappointed (and tired) today.

raliegh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raliegh

Meh...whatever.

skagasz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages skagasz

I don't think I can say anything that hasn't been said already... but add me to the list of long standing Woot customers that are left feeling rather disappointed and slightly disenchanted.

Like many others, I didn't come for the Bag (especially since it was noon before I even checked the site) but I was anxious to see what the big joke/gag/trick/riddle was as I do every year.

I thank the other members for re-posting the Facebook message here as I don't use that site at all and it was nice to finally have confirmation that all the posts/blog entries/emails/etc I read through were for naught.

Professional Student... No More!

rebeltreble

quality posts: 17 Private Messages rebeltreble

It is crap like this that makes me not care about Woot anymore. April Fools was always fun, but this year was very much aromatic (at least I still had ThinkGeek which delivered as always). I thought the writer's strike was interesting, but then there was no conclusion, so it quickly turned into "why did they even bother?"

As far as the Bunnies Ogling Carrots it would have been nice to at least get a heads up that there would be no Bunnies Ogling Carrots for April Fools this year because die hard fans equate April Fools with their only chance all year to get a Bunnies Ogling Carrots Announced it the day ahead of time. People would probably still have checked in, but not be so angry about the bait and switch.

Lately Woot-Offs have been boring and uninteresting. A lot of high priced items which take hours to sell out and not enough low-priced items to keep things moving. What happened to the cheap and silly gadgets/items just for the fun of it? I used to stay faithful to Woot-Offs and stay up to all hours of the night. Now I check in once or twice to see uninteresting items and go about my life. My last 3 Bunnies Ogling Carrots were so crummy it isn't even worth getting excited about it anymore. It is just "meh".

The only reason I come to this site anymore is to check out Shirt.Woot, which is still awesome. If something interesting pops up on Woot then I might buy it, but for the most part I just don't care anymore. I know most of the die hard fans are feeling the same way.

Woot-Offs would be 100x better if you dropped all the high priced junk (besides maybe two computers and a couple of tvs) and start carrying more $5 - $35 fun/useful items to keep the flow going.

Signatures are harshing my mellow.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Come on boys and girls,Woot is a business not your friend or family. They have been punching us in the privates for many many months now and we tell them how hurt or angry we are and how they let us down etc,well unless it affects the bottom line they couldn't care a cup of snot about your rage or sadness. They have promotions, sometimes good deals and the Bunnies Ogling Carrots but all are to increase sales not because they owe us anything. They offer a product at a certain price,you can buy it or not buy it, simple as that. It's ok I guess for us to vent but don't think our comments will have any impact on future Wootoffs or their offerings on a daily items or what we consider "the Woot traditions"

grommet2k2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grommet2k2

It's obviously not the lack of crap, cuz afterall...it is crap. And we all know that. It's the lack of respect for dedicated customers.

The fun, tradition, and sense of a playful community here (something missing from most of the web) is what makes us loyal.

So to have a facebook post (which I'm not on) a day after, which basically is a slap in the face, like, "you shoulda known", is just tacky.

I'm reminded of a company that didn't care about its customers' feedback last year...netflix.

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
rebeltreble wrote:It is crap like this that makes me not care about Woot anymore. April Fools was always fun, but this year was very much aromatic (at least I still had ThinkGeek which delivered as always). I thought the writer's strike was interesting, but then there was no conclusion, so it quickly turned into "why did they even bother?"

As far as the Bunnies Ogling Carrots it would have been nice to at least get a heads up that there would be no Bunnies Ogling Carrots for April Fools this year because die hard fans equate April Fools with their only chance all year to get a Bunnies Ogling Carrots Announced it the day ahead of time. People would probably still have checked in, but not be so angry about the bait and switch.

Lately Woot-Offs have been boring and uninteresting. A lot of high priced items which take hours to sell out and not enough low-priced items to keep things moving. What happened to the cheap and silly gadgets/items just for the fun of it? I used to stay faithful to Woot-Offs and stay up to all hours of the night. Now I check in once or twice to see uninteresting items and go about my life. My last 3 Bunnies Ogling Carrots were so crummy it isn't even worth getting excited about it anymore. It is just "meh".

The only reason I come to this site anymore is to check out Shirt.Woot, which is still awesome. If something interesting pops up on Woot then I might buy it, but for the most part I just don't care anymore. I know most of the die hard fans are feeling the same way.

Woot-Offs would be 100x better if you dropped all the high priced junk (besides maybe two computers and a couple of tvs) and start carrying more $5 - $35 fun/useful items to keep the flow going.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87

Can we strike against woot?

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

skagasz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages skagasz
hcl777 wrote:The 2007 $1 million bag
The 2008 Woot-off with the same item
The 2009 $1 million shipping bag
The 2010 Woot Your Own Adventure
The 2011 Crapshoot Game

There was also one year (I assume 2006 since I didn't find Woot till late 2005) that the "I Want One" button simply followed your mouse cursor around the page LOL. I don't recall that there was any secret to get a Bag at that point though.

Professional Student... No More!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jmbunkin wrote:It's ok I guess for us to vent but don't think our comments will have any impact on future Wootoffs or their offerings on a daily items or what we consider "the Woot traditions"

Actually, the Bags of Crayolas were changed up significantly in this last woot-off due to user feedback. Just so you know that feedback does get listened to.

ypmhammer wrote:
Woot, I haven't been with you as long as others. But I appreciate you. Sometimes change needs to happen, and people may not always get it. I'm choosing to trust you.

Hey thanks!

I'm just hanging out, really.

ypmhammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ypmhammer
inkycatz wrote:Actually, the Bags of Crayolas were changed up significantly in this last woot-off due to user feedback. Just so you know that feedback does get listened to.

Just curious to know - Woot has been pretty quiet about everything yesterday. Was what happened yesterday the plan all along, or did something not go as planned?

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
jmbunkin wrote:Come on boys and girls,Woot is a business not your friend or family. They have been punching us in the privates for many many months now and we tell them how hurt or angry we are and how they let us down etc,well unless it affects the bottom line they couldn't care a cup of snot about your rage or sadness. They have promotions, sometimes good deals and the Bunnies Ogling Carrots but all are to increase sales not because they owe us anything. They offer a product at a certain price,you can buy it or not buy it, simple as that. It's ok I guess for us to vent but don't think our comments will have any impact on future Wootoffs or their offerings on a daily items or what we consider "the Woot traditions"

While I agree that they have a bottom line to attend to, I don't agree that they do not owe us anything. It's the customers who keep a company in business, and if you don't give your customers RESPECT, guess what? They leave.
I think the main issue here is a lack of respect for Woot's loyal customers. I agree with others that Woot has changed. April 1st was something to look forward to, and yes, it's usually the only day during the year where everyone has an equal chance of snagging a Box of Crayons...not just those with special bot programming on their computers who are (miraculously) able to snag one 12 times a year.
Before I created my own account in 2009, I used my husband's account to buy from Woot. I've made 77 purchases on my account, plus whatever I bought on his during 2008. I'm not one of "those" who only signed up to troll for a Box of Crayons each month. A little respect would go a long way. I would rather that Woot only had ONE Box of Crayons last Woot-Off, so that the April Fools Day tradition would have been fun like it always has been. What a letdown.

yrguide

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yrguide
inkycatz wrote:Hey thanks!

Inky, gotta ask...any reason you guys didn't tell the lemmings at some point yesterday that no Bunnies Ogling Carrots was coming?

It's you guys decision whether you keep with tradition and what you offer your customers, but knowing that many were there yesterday for a full 24 hours (give or take) anticipating, waiting, trying to deconstruct a mystery that was not there to deconstruct, etc I thought it a bit cruel not to let the die hards know nothing to see here, move along folks...

I like woot and the community vibe here so I was a little surprised you guys left a lot of people hanging like that regardless of the decision.

xoxoxoxoxo

still loves you though.

PS: Will there be any follow up on the writers strike?

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec
inkycatz wrote:Hey thanks!

Inkycatz,
just one comment. There are a lot of folks who don't choose to use facebook, so a request; if an announcement like the one reported is going to be made, please do it here, or spread it around to all the significant sites (I for one monitor Woot's Twitter feeds; Google+ and other sites might be worth nudging). The whole world doesn't read facebook (but all your customers can easily get informed here).

Thanks! And FWIW I'm not upset though I was sorry not to see closure on the strike storyline.

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

tombeaman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tombeaman

Agreed on the Facebook comment. I hate FB, and try to stay away, but love Woot and stay up to date on their blog. So why would I even think about looking on Facebook for Woot-related comments??

[quote postid="4940841" user="lovecraft"]Thanks for posting that here as I have a bad reaction to Fakebook. It gives me dysentery.

Oh, and if you truly want to address your fans/customers, Post It On Your Own Website. Link it on Facespace or Mybook or the Necronomicon for all I care. But the first, best place we consumers should feel like checking should be HERE, not some third-party, pseudo-social advertising webspace. I mean, you DO have a blog at your disposal.

dilone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dilone

I agree wholeheartedly with those who have pointed out that the Bags of Crap were not the issue. Personally, I feel that the Bunnies Ogling Carrots are overrated as far as being the be-all, end-all of the Woot experience. Woot has given me a lot of great deals and (usually) a good chuckle or two every night with their product descriptions. Sure it's fun to get a Bunnies Ogling Carrots but the obsession people have with them is ridiculous.

No, what was missing here wasn't the crap. It was the adventure. That was the one thing that made Woot's April Fool's Day the best on the web. A puzzle to solve, a riddle to unpack...it was so much fun that you could've given me actual c**p in a bag at the end and I wouldn't have cared all that much.

What was done was funny, but no different really from what you get elsewhere on the web on April 1. My fear is not about losing Bags of Crap, it's losing what makes Woot so unique.

yrguide

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yrguide
duodec wrote:Inkycatz,
just one comment. There are a lot of folks who don't choose to use facebook, so a request; if an announcement like the one reported is going to be made, please do it here, or spread it around to all the significant sites (I for one monitor Woot's Twitter feeds; Google+ and other sites might be worth nudging). The whole world doesn't read facebook (but all your customers can easily get informed here).

Thanks! And FWIW I'm not upset though I was sorry not to see closure on the strike storyline.

Not sure it would have mattered, apparently that post was well after midnight last night so those of us who spun our wheels from Sat Night to last night would have still spun our wheels...the useful information wasn't posted until after the fact.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson