Collinp6


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Collinp6

Yall (dont say you hear it all the time if you live in the south, i know, i do too. Most people who live up north dont.)

dustysmom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustysmom

'makes my toes curl'

I said this in a meeting a year ago, and they still tease me about it

wooter since 2004.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dustysmom wrote:'makes my toes curl'

I said this in a meeting a year ago, and they still tease me about it



I said that a couple years ago in front of the family and a couple of early-20s nieces acted like I said something that shouldn't be said in polite company. Never figured out why.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
pooflady wrote:I said that a couple years ago in front of the family and a couple of early-20s nieces acted like I said something that shouldn't be said in polite company. Never figured out why.




I understand why...I will bridge the age gap.

There are two meanings to this phrase...one that infers curling toes in fright and the other curling toes in ecstasy.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
killingtime wrote:I understand why...I will bridge the age gap.

There are two meanings to this phrase...one that infers curling toes in fright and the other curling toes in ecstasy.



I was referring to ecstasy. They were talking about a movie star, and I said, "He's enough to make your toes curl." I still don't see that that's X-rated.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

In54ni7y


quality posts: 0 Private Messages In54ni7y

tabernacle

never heard it in a while until I heard it in a Jay-Z song *giggles*

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Fiskey. Short for a $5. Also five-spot, a fiver, etc...

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Bohunk.. didn't know it stood for Bohemian-Hungarian either...

silver lady


quality posts: 0 Private Messages silver lady


Sass
Don't sass me young man, I will tell your father.

Keep Dreaming

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
silver lady wrote:Sass
Don't sass me young man, I will tell your father.



Sass? really?

You need to get out more, I think.

dustysmom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustysmom

"Iron Man Rocks"
since the comic came out in the 70's I think the comment qualifies...
anybody seen the movie with Robert Downey Jr?

wooter since 2004.

mia3mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

I thought I had it made as the person with the most old-fashioned illness name (pleurisy for the 3rd time!), when I found out that my friend's father has gout. wow. next thing I'll find someone who really does have scurvy, as opposed to wearing it on a shirt.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Any term you hear on I love the 80's: Rad, b*tchin, totally, gnarly, etc.

sisterC


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sisterC

ball, 70's term, 'nuff said

mad dogs and englishmen...i still want the great dane!

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
sisterC wrote:ball, 70's term, 'nuff said



i use ball. or actually ballz. used for expressing something bad... OR GOOD! its like the word 'BAD'

man, that derby entry is ballz. meaning good.

man, that derby entry is ballz. meaning bad.

;P

In54ni7y wrote:tabernacle
never heard it in a while until I heard it in a Jay-Z song *giggles*



i heard that one on My Name is Earl, where the elder mom is reading from a GINORMOUS big print Bible.

mia3mom wrote:I thought I had it made as the person with the most old-fashioned illness name (pleurisy for the 3rd time!), when I found out that my friend's father has gout. wow. next thing I'll find someone who really does have scurvy, as opposed to wearing it on a shirt.



pleurisy.... i heard that one ona thislife.org broadcast. i would have to say one of the most awesome IPR segements evar... made me cry. yeah, well... i might have been super drunk and lamenting about past love or something, ok... not really, i was totally sober. its Act One. it will make you be kind to the one you love, that you hate.

http://thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1231

peglegwookie


quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie
killingtime wrote:I understand why...I will bridge the age gap.

There are two meanings to this phrase...one that infers curling toes in fright and the other curling toes in ecstasy.



Urban dictionary is a grate resource for those types of things. Although it is most likely nsfw with the language it contains most of the time.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
peglegwookie wrote:Urban dictionary is a grate resource for those types of things. Although it is most likely nsfw with the language it contains most of the time.



Based on your corporate access policies, access to this web site ( http://www.urbandictionary.com/ ) has been blocked because the web category "Tasteless & Offensive" is not allowed.

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
jimiyo wrote:i use ball. or actually ballz. used for expressing something bad... OR GOOD! its like the word 'BAD'

man, that derby entry is ballz. meaning good.

man, that derby entry is ballz. meaning bad.



One of my best friends says "Ballz in my mouth" every time something goes wrong. Similar conveyance, yet oh so different. (She's also an A-type minister's daughter, which makes it hilarious.)

terrimeyers


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers

words I don't hear anymore
"Hey hon, we got some extra cash. How bout a trip to Atlantic City?"


Thanks SS for my new togs!

dustysmom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustysmom

never mind.

wooter since 2004.

Tatts


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tatts

Moxie (not moxey)

swell

chesterfield (a davenport)

chifforobe (a kind of free-standing wardrobe)

dandy

purchase (getting a firm grip on something: "The doctor explained that her insides were a rocky place, where my seed could find no purchase." -- for extra points, name that movie )

antimacassar

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Tatts wrote:Moxie (not moxey)

swell

chesterfield (a davenport)

chifforobe (a kind of free-standing wardrobe)

dandy

purchase (getting a firm grip on something: "The doctor explained that her insides were a rocky place, where my seed could find no purchase." -- for extra points, name that movie )

antimacassar



good ones



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Just realized this thread is over two years old and people are still adding to it.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Just realized this thread is over two years old and people are still adding to it.


Really? Two years? Seemed newer.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Tatts


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tatts

Re: Sniglets...my two faves:

The Ignosecond: When closing your car door, the ignosecond is that period of time between when your hand leaves the door handle and you realize that you left the keys in the ignition.

Cinemuck: That sticky coating on the floor of movie theaters.

AnniKat


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AnniKat

Round Robin Hood's Barn

Needless to say, I *am* in the Southern South (that would be Alabama), Not sure this was ever, ever said anywhere else.

OOps, got to work on my sig!

/\~/\- ))
>'x'< (( AnniKat
/ - \ _))

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AnniKat wrote:Round Robin Hood's Barn

Needless to say, I *am* in the Southern South (that would be Alabama), Not sure this was ever, ever said anywhere else.

OOps, got to work on my sig!



Never heard it, what does it mean?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

prepn15


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prepn15
pooflady wrote:Just realized this thread is over two years old and people are still adding to it.



and during that 2 year period words have gone out of style.

Just Keep Swimming

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

folderol



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dea007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007

Heebie Jeebies

Spiffing

Sashay

terrimeyers


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers

sideboard

we have one and everytime i say something like "sit it on the sideboard" people are like ????


Thanks SS for my new togs!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

piffle

JoeDeeDee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

salve

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
terrimeyers wrote:sideboard

we have one and everytime i say something like "sit it on the sideboard" people are like ????



I thought a sideboard was a piece of furniture for the dining room? Like a buffet server? Not something one with manners should clearly sit on. ;)

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

ragamuffin

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

from customer service:
"I'm sorry, it was our fault."

terrimeyers


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
killingtime wrote:I thought a sideboard was a piece of furniture for the dining room? Like a buffet server? Not something one with manners should clearly sit on. ;)



Oops. "Set" it on the sideboard.


Thanks SS for my new togs!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

daddy-o



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

forsoothe

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
pooflady wrote:daddy-o



I have a grandfather we call that. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"