ashadipenguin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashadipenguin
workinpoor wrote:So can someone please explain to me (without making me feel stupid) what the "Video Out" port is for? Can this device function as a wireless junction between my iPad and the TV?

Yes, from what I understand, it can! I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the quality of the video won't be that great, but hey, it beats just listening to your movies. It would be sweet if it had an HDMI port on it, but alas, it was not meant to be...

lstaff

quality posts: 203 Private Messages lstaff

Will this play Freebird??

Menel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Menel
sellbuyer92 wrote:no offense, but who buys three...it doesn't make it surround sound if you buy three place them all around you and simultaneously play the same song...

Gifts for iPhone toting family.

On another note, got UPS shipping notification this morning that it's out for delivery.

It's been 2 years since I Wooted, 2 day smartpost delivery, don't remember that? HOLYSHAT! I'm impressed!

msthea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msthea

I am usually good with set up, but this is impossible. The remote is totally unresponsive, and the instructions lack detail. I am trying to set up wirelessly. Does anyone know of a video or chas anyone done this sucessfully?

After about four hours of fiddling over two days, it's up and running. Sounds good even in a large room (40x60) The real problem is the VERY unresponsive remote (yes, I changed the batteries) and the very bare instructions.
If you are not computer saavy, it is quite daunting.

Used a different IP address, but now my wireless printer is offline(sigh).

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

msthea wrote:I am usually good with set up, but this is impossible. The remote is totally unresponsive, and the instructions lack detail. I am trying to set up wirelessly. Does anyone know of a video or chas anyone done this sucessfully?

Just a suggestion, but have you tried troubleshooting it with Pioneer Support?

Please feel free to email us at service@woot.com if you're still unable to resolve this issue.

msthea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msthea
DennisWKam wrote:Just a suggestion, but have you tried troubleshooting it with Pioneer Support?

Please feel free to email us at service@woot.com if you're still unable to resolve this issue.

Thank you. Pioneer hasn't responded to my email. I may need help with streaming from my PC. Must resolve the printer issue now.

gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces

Woot! This arrived today with no outer carton; only the retail merchandising box. It wasn't even delivered to my door or anywhere near my mailbox or anywhere close to my house. It was about 5 feet from the curb, like the delivery guy just threw it out the truck! Really? A $170 item with no exterior packaging except for the retail merchandising box with pictures for all the passing pedestrians to see and be tempted by? My six pack of Dream sheets also 5 feet from the curb, no where near my house. I CANNOT BELIEVE THESE DID NOT GET STOLEN. Seriously, please Woot, why no exterior protective box to ship the Pioneer Music System in? This was intended to be a gift and the box looks like it's been through a war! Gee, I can't wait to unpack it and see what the inside looks like.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gina3graces wrote:Woot! This arrived today with no outer carton; only the retail merchandising box. It wasn't even delivered to my door or anywhere near my mailbox or anywhere close to my house. It was about 5 feet from the curb, like the delivery guy just threw it out the truck! Really? A $170 item with no exterior packaging except for the retail merchandising box with pictures for all the passing pedestrians to see and be tempted by? My six pack of Dream sheets also 5 feet from the curb, no where near my house. I CANNOT BELIEVE THESE DID NOT GET STOLEN. Seriously, please Woot, why no exterior protective box to ship the Pioneer Music System in? This was intended to be a gift and the box looks like it's been through a war! Gee, I can't wait to unpack it and see what the inside looks like.

Sorry for the condition of the box. I've passed your information on to the appropriate departments. Should you have any problems with the unit, please email service@woot.com for assistance.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Menel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Menel
Menel wrote:Gifts for iPhone toting family.

On another note, got UPS shipping notification this morning that it's out for delivery.

It's been 2 years since I Wooted, 2 day smartpost delivery, don't remember that? HOLYSHAT! I'm impressed!

Got mine in a week or so ago. Packed 2 into 1 big box. Works great. Airplay streamed from iPhone/iPad in the bedroom is perfect!

Compliments the Airport Express hooked up to my main receiver/system in den and out on patio. Pandora all over whenever I want from my pocket =)

mkstn1400

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkstn1400

I like the unit and the price was very good. I had been looking at the Logitech internet radio and thought this to be a better deal.

PROS: Sounds very good
Looks nice
Lots of features - once you figure out
how to get them set-up.

CONS: Warning this is not easy to set-up
the manual is Very Poorly written and
the print is so small it will give you
a headache.

The remote sucks... for a while it
thought it was broken. That is how
unresponsive it it. It does not seem
to communicate with the base unit
very well.

If Pioneer would correct these two
things they would have a winner.

I am fairly good at figuring things out and have lots of tech toys. This took me a while mostly because of the unresponsive remote I think. Shame on you Pioneer.

mkstn1400

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkstn1400
msthea wrote:I am usually good with set up, but this is impossible. The remote is totally unresponsive, and the instructions lack detail. I am trying to set up wirelessly. Does anyone know of a video or chas anyone done this sucessfully?

After about four hours of fiddling over two days, it's up and running. Sounds good even in a large room (40x60) The real problem is the VERY unresponsive remote (yes, I changed the batteries) and the very bare instructions.
If you are not computer saavy, it is quite daunting.

Used a different IP address, but now my wireless printer is offline(sigh).

SAME PROBLEM AND IT IS THE REMOTE!!!

cvdwl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cvdwl
spyder40 wrote:So is this thing just "bluetooth ready" or does it come with the bluetooth adaptor? The description implies they have included it.

■Connects via Bluetooth to share music and create playlists with up to 4 iPhone, iPod, iPad devices

Bad Woot, this does NOT connect via Bluetooth unless you spend another $80 on Amazon for an adapter. I feel slightly ripped off.

Otherwise, setup went fine, works great with my Apple stuff. Sound is Meh, interface is a bit weak, but I use it mainly for podcasts, so it's just fine.