REDLINEVUE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages REDLINEVUE

..... Okay... now that we've gotten past all the "don't do-it's" and "Whats wrong with you".... I'd love to hear some ideas on how I could incorporate WOOT into the big day. Some ideas I've come into are as follows (some possible, some probably not).

1) Talk woot staff into giving me a discounted rate on a bunch of Bandoleers which would have my save the date or invitation included in the box. The recipients would be like What Tiny Flowers is this... and then find my Save the date inside. (if a woot staffer reads this, Im open to a price quote for about 35 units)

2) Custom 375ml bottles of Woot wine (not sure this one is even possible, but it would be AWESOME!!... if anyone knows a wine company I could contact about this, Im all ears)

3) Woot monkeys for the the groomsmen/bridesmaids (idea of a woot staffer, which is a great one btw)

Anyone else wanna toss out some ideas.... PLEASE!

Thanks for your help in advance.

naropa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages naropa

How about the engagement photos in woot t-shirts. Get woot t-shirts for the entire wedding party and take a group photo.

(I mean the woot t-shirts that say woot on them)

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

As for #2, I put a note over in wine.woot's Cyberpub to see if they could come over and suggest wineries that can make custom labels for you.

I love the monkey idea. Perhaps a monkey bouquet that can be "launched" instead of a flower toss?

If you want to be more subtle you can use Monkeyflowers.

I'm just hanging out, really.

captainsuperdawg

quality posts: 14 Private Messages captainsuperdawg

Instead of rice or bird seed, have Woot screaming monkeys slingshot at you as you leave.

theant

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant

and don't forget @inkycatz has put this question on the deals site also... everybody make sure your put your best ideas in both places...

Bring those deals!

inkycatz

theant wrote:and don't forget @inkycatz has put this question on the deals site also... everybody make sure your put your best ideas in both places...

http://deals.woot.com/questions/details/f9ff151a-cb4f-496f-ba7b-73f83d6a4ce2/deals-masters-come-bring-your-wedding-advice#0

Or you can suggest stuff and post the links to awesome deals to carry out the ideas over there! ;)

brb, hunting monkey flower bulbs...

theant

inkycatz wrote:Or you can suggest stuff and post the links to awesome deals to carry out the ideas over there! ;)

brb, hunting monkey flower bulbs...

true... and I messed up ... can you edit that so it is a proper link?

theant

I am sure the staff has already considered this, but since some (like jumbo woot) like to give out woot-coupons. something from home-woot would likely be a good wedding present. so a coup[on for free shipping from the home-woot site would be a good place to start.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
REDLINEVUE wrote:..... Okay... now that we've gotten past all the "don't do-it's" and "Whats wrong with you"....

What's wrong with you? DO NOT do it.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

As to #2 .... I don't believe they have any Woot Cellars wines left, although WineDavid would verify if there's any left.

And the only 375ml bottles made were the LH Zin (Vinito del Finito). Everything else has been 750ml bottles.

Also, it depends on what state you live in. The winery has to have the license to ship to your state.

There is this website, Stoney Creek Wine Press that will do custom labels. They also offer pre-printed, customizable labels come in packages of five 8-1/2 x 11 inch sheets and are laser and inkjet printable.

There's also this site offering labels you can use to print on (Magnum, normal, and half-bottle sizes). Various prices depending on what size label you want and which finish.

You would also probably need Wine Label software ($50) to make the design up. Although the 1st link will design it for you as well (for additional $$). Or you could use a regular graphic program to do your own label.

Of course, you would have to provide the wine ....

As to wineries ....

Adler Fels (Santa Rosa), although it looks like there is a minimum requirement of 336 cases per type and size.

Windsor Vineyards (Healdsburg), offers Personalized wedding wine labels and/or Custom wine labels for wedding favors. They even have templates for you there.

Good luck!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Instead of a normal garter, use a Woot Monkey, and shoot it for the single men.

Bouquet of Woot Monkeys for the Bride (cheesy, I know!!) to shoot for the single ladies.

And the Single Man's monkey is the one missing from the Single Lady's bouquet. (Yes, even cheesier!)

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 120 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

From my standpoint and what I've read so far:

As far as I know, we've been out of things like the Woot-Off lights and leak frogs for a while. We always have monkeys, but to make a personalized monkey we need to usually do them in bulk and I THINK that means at least 300.

Same problem with the wine, at least from us- we wouldn't be able to do a small run and I'm not positive we have any Woot labeled stuff still hanging around, though I can ask if you're looking for a past offering.

Bags for the save the date- I just can't see that being really likely. It's not something we sell off site and not a precedence we would want to set.

Feel free to prod at me if you decide on something more firm, I'm totally into figuring this stuff out.

REDLINEVUE

MarkDaSpark wrote:Instead of a normal garter, use a Woot Monkey, and shoot it for the single men.

Bouquet of Woot Monkeys for the Bride (cheesy, I know!!) to shoot for the single ladies.

And the Single Man's monkey is the one missing from the Single Lady's bouquet. (Yes, even cheesier!)

Thanks mark for all the great ideas and info (everyone else also) I really appreciate it. I LOVE the Vinito del Finito idea and am not sure how I missed that one, I though I knew all the WOOT wines... I wonder if there are a few cases of that sitting around somewhere that woot would be willing to break the "buy three" limit on? I would then just stick a simple wedding message and date on the reverse side... that would ROCK!....

Anyway, Im still open to all other ideas and will let this run for a while but around June would like to have the final decision made.

keep it coming! Thanks everyone!!!

PS.... some details that may or may not help.

-Wedding is going to be small (approx 100 really close friends/family) and everyone is grown (only like one or two singles will even be present... no garter/bouquet toss)

-location is Disney's Grand Floridian (so no tom foolery)

-I have a residence here in Orlando, FL as well Charlotte, NC (both are on the wine shipping list.

theant

REDLINEVUE wrote:PS.... some details that may or may not help.

-Wedding is going to be small (approx 100 really close friends/family) and everyone is grown (only like one or two singles will even be present... no garter/bouquet toss)

-I have a residence here in Orlando, FL as well Charlotte, NC (both are on the wine shipping list.

This helps a lot... I'll copy to the deals.woot messages also. (assuming the staff has not beat me to it)

REDLINEVUE

agingdragqueen wrote:From my standpoint and what I've read so far:

As far as I know, we've been out of things like the Woot-Off lights and leak frogs for a while. We always have monkeys, but to make a personalized monkey we need to usually do them in bulk and I THINK that means at least 300.

Same problem with the wine, at least from us- we wouldn't be able to do a small run and I'm not positive we have any Woot labeled stuff still hanging around, though I can ask if you're looking for a past offering.

Bags for the save the date- I just can't see that being really likely. It's not something we sell off site and not a precedence we would want to set.

Feel free to prod at me if you decide on something more firm, I'm totally into figuring this stuff out.

Thanks a bunch... there is some really good info your post which helps guide my direction... on the down side, no bags for save the date is a bummer but I totally get it, then everyone would be coming up with reasons to have a custom shipment sent. lol

on the plus side if you do have any woot label wine laying around I love to take some of it off your hands, it would be the perfect table wine for the reception! that WOULD BE AWESOME regardless of any other ideas that come along to compliment it!

thanks again

REDLINEVUE

theant wrote:This helps a lot... I'll copy to the deals.woot messages also. (assuming the staff has not beat me to it)

thanks for all the help... and if I get any sort of woot-ness in order for the big day, I promise pictures will be provided! lol

xavoc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xavoc
REDLINEVUE wrote:..... Okay... now that we've gotten past all the "don't do-it's" and "Whats wrong with you".... I'd love to hear some ideas on how I could incorporate WOOT into the big day. Some ideas I've come into are as follows (some possible, some probably not).

1) Talk woot staff into giving me a discounted rate on a bunch of Bandoleers which would have my save the date or invitation included in the box. The recipients would be like What Tiny Flowers is this... and then find my Save the date inside. (if a woot staffer reads this, Im open to a price quote for about 35 units)

2) Custom 375ml bottles of Woot wine (not sure this one is even possible, but it would be AWESOME!!... if anyone knows a wine company I could contact about this, Im all ears)

3) Woot monkeys for the the groomsmen/bridesmaids (idea of a woot staffer, which is a great one btw)

Anyone else wanna toss out some ideas.... PLEASE!

Thanks for your help in advance.

Attach a monkey to the bouquet and sling it screaming at the bridesmaids instead of just tossing it.

xavoc

REDLINEVUE wrote:thanks for all the help... and if I get any sort of woot-ness in order for the big day, I promise pictures will be provided! lol

You might see if a local vineyard can/does produce a sparkling white or sparkling white dessert wine to use in place of champagne, then have custom Woot-esque labels added to them and then strap some his/hers woot monkies to them. Or his/his if appropriate.

inkycatz

xavoc wrote:You might see if a local vineyard can/does produce a sparkling white or sparkling white dessert wine to use in place of champagne, then have custom Woot-esque labels added to them and then strap some his/hers woot monkies to them. Or his/his if appropriate.

Or tie little capes to them.

xavoc

REDLINEVUE wrote:thanks for all the help... and if I get any sort of woot-ness in order for the big day, I promise pictures will be provided! lol

USB Woot lights in a Police Style...

http://www.amazon.com/TT-KC98009-USB-Powered-Revolving-Police/dp/B00420D9E8

xavoc

inkycatz wrote:Or tie little capes to them.

Oooh, wine capes...

http://www.customlabels4u.com/kk-lunch-bags.shtml

Custom paper bags, just have yellow question marks printed on them. You can put wedding supplies in there. Tissues, woot lights, woot monkey keychains, disposable cameras, bird seed/bubbles, pens, paper, etc.

xavoc

inkycatz wrote:Or tie little capes to them.

Too bad you can't train a pair of roombas to walk down the isle. One holding a pillow with the wedding rings on it, the other tossing out rose petals.

xavoc

Get someone with one of those small cordless Dyson vacs to follow behind the procession vacuuming up bird seed...

xavoc

Maybe you could get Woot! to ship you bags of texas air...

inkycatz

xavoc wrote:Too bad you can't train a pair of roombas to walk down the isle. One holding a pillow with the wedding rings on it, the other tossing out rose petals.

I'm sure the way roombas move the petals would not only get scattered, but cleaned up immediately as well! :D

xavoc

inkycatz wrote:I'm sure the way roombas move the petals would not only get scattered, but cleaned up immediately as well! :D

I suppose one could rig up some sort of wheeled V or U shaped mechanism of virtual walls to herd them...

maggie3052

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maggie3052
REDLINEVUE wrote:Thanks mark for all the great ideas and info (everyone else also) I really appreciate it. I LOVE the Vinito del Finito idea and am not sure how I missed that one, I though I knew all the WOOT wines... I wonder if there are a few cases of that sitting around somewhere that woot would be willing to break the "buy three" limit on? I would then just stick a simple wedding message and date on the reverse side... that would ROCK!....

Anyway, Im still open to all other ideas and will let this run for a while but around June would like to have the final decision made.

keep it coming! Thanks everyone!!!

PS.... some details that may or may not help.

How about you don't get married in Fla. Get married at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Woot can sponsor a car for the May race and you can get married in it at the hall. I'm sure Humpy and Bruton will take care of all the details and maybe foot the bill for the wedding!! Lord knows they could use the publicity....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You can get order your own custom monkeys with your names and wedding date.

SuperFly

I'm sure there are other sites too. I just grabbed the first one.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Q: "Woot you you take this man/woman to be your husband/wife ..."

A: "I want one!"

or if it's a Mormon wedding, answer "I want two!"

(people with no sense of humor who want to tell me off for being "anti-something-ist" are free to PM me )

Signature censored by Woot

REDLINEVUE

Xexus wrote:Q: "Woot you you take this man/woman to be your husband/wife ..."

A: "I want one!"

or if it's a Mormon wedding, answer "I want two!"

(people with no sense of humor who want to tell me off for being "anti-something-ist" are free to PM me )

lol... I like this... haha