abretz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages abretz

This is not a garment CLEANER - it is a steamer for removing wrinkles, and because of the temperature of the steam it will kill bacteria, or SANITIZE your garments. Do not mistake this for removing dirt. If you need your clothing cleaned you will still have to wash.

Wyatt8

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8

THAT was Scary..

I first read that as
"Hand Sanitizing ... Steamer"

yikes!

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

Goosedude

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Goosedude

Hmmm....is this 15$ better than the Sunbeam Easy Fill 1500-Watt Garment Steamer on WOOT a couple months ago?? It is better looking I'll say that....

Damn you WOOT!!

-------------
WOOT! WOOOOT!!

Lumberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lumberg

I have dust mite allergies and I think I'll give this a try for sanitizing my pillows during every wash.

As well as for taking the wrinkles out of my dress shirts.

enktwiss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enktwiss

I've had this steamer for 5 years. Initially I bought it for cleaning fabric photography backdrops, but I soon started using it for clothing, suits, etc. I don't know about their customer service problems because I've never needed them. When I looked to review it on Amazon a couple of years ago they didn't even carry it, make what you will of that.
I will warn you that this will NOT work to steam floors. The way it is designed the head of the steamer has to be held above the reservoir bucket.
Only annoyance I can advise on is that it's not tall enough for my taste. I keep thinking that I need to build a simple stand to get it about 2 feet off the ground, but instead usually end up on one knee steaming the end of my pants.

karma2u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karma2u

Wow, I never got anything that good in my Bunnies Ogling Carrots

Narg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Narg

This Woot gets me all hot...

rshaker2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rshaker2

I bought a different steamer from Woot. Steamer only can do so much, nothing beats a steam press. If anyone wants my steamer, I'll give you a great deal :-D

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv
Narg wrote:This Woot gets me all hot...

and steamy?

buffaloed

quality posts: 28 Private Messages buffaloed

I use my McCulloch Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner when I need to remove wrinkles from a suit. I can't imagine having enough use for a garment steamer to justify buying one. This thing would end up as an expensive clothes hanger in my house.

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa

Just like to let you know that while steamers may seem harmless, they are EXTREMELY hot. I'm currently sporting a wicked steam burn on my arm. 6 days later and it's still pretty red.

So no, don't try and sanitize your hands, your dogs, your turtles, or anything else with this thing. STEAM BURNS = NOT FUN.

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

As President of the "What's Wrong with Wrinkles" organization, I have no need for this Woot!!! Next........

electricfx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages electricfx

I use my steamer every morning before work. Two minutes and my shirts are perfect. I haven't touch an iron since I was twenty one. (Quite a while ago)

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv

Could this steamer take wrinkles out of old people?

ertolsma

quality posts: 13 Private Messages ertolsma

Haan steamed first!

Daddud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Daddud

Looks like a WOOT-OFF light up thar on the front of that thar Haan Pro Garment Steamer thar....

Yeah, looks like a WOOT-OFF light up thar....

To me, anyway...

geeksRme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages geeksRme

Is it Mac compatible???

TheDogma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheDogma

I feel like this should be part of a woot-off. The little orange container at the bottom looks exactly like the woot-off light.

Daddud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Daddud
TheDogma wrote:I feel like this should be part of a woot-off. The little orange container at the bottom looks exactly like the woot-off light.

Uhhh...yeah...that's what I say about that thar thing...

...er...that's just what I said....

anyboatyourow

quality posts: 25 Private Messages anyboatyourow

Now you can finally get all those germs off your clothes.

mirrorz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirrorz

I grabbed one. $53.61 isn't a bad price to get my wife to stop complaining.

I saw a turtle.

joshtheitguy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages joshtheitguy

As a native of Cleveland I will be passing on this one.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
acrux wrote:I've had one of these (hann) for about 2-3 years now, it only takes 15-20 seconds to start to steam, and I have had zero issues with it. Would buy another if I could find a reason to do so....

So you could say you hold it in great esteem?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

noimportantone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noimportantone

It looks like it has a woot light mounted on the front.

tomprodehl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomprodehl

In the writeup I was looking for how using this item as a haand sanitizer proved to be a disaster. But this was nice too.

discountlover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages discountlover

Alright, I did it. I've been wanting one of these for a while so I bit. I hope to extend the intervals between running to the cleaners on my work pants and shirts.

For those that have a steamer; does the seam areas of the shirt bacon up after being steamed?

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 00000100

The writeup was fantastic! I'm glad the writers' strike has ended.

ohyaok

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ohyaok

I'm turning 53 this year. Hows this at removing crows feet?

cntheilacker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cntheilacker

Johnny Five?

shamrck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shamrck

GS-30 on-line:
Amazon $120
Walmart $145
Target $180
Walgreens $180
Home Depo(t) $183
Bed,B&B $196
Buy.com $170
Kohls $194
eBay ~ $110

I HATE ironing polo shirts... $55 sounds good

therealmasterchief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therealmasterchief
shamrck wrote:GS-30 on-line:
Amazon $120
Walmart $145
Target $180
Walgreens $180
Home Depo(t) $183
Bed,B&B $196
Buy.com $170
Kohls $194
eBay ~ $110

I HATE ironing polo shirts... $55 sounds good

My thoughts exactly.

12thmunke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 12thmunke

But how does it do with vegetables?

annrcks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annrcks

would love to get one.

samevo8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samevo8

How does this compare to the Conair GS7WX I see on dealgenius today?

an1ljss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages an1ljss

In for 1..My first steamer. Woot Price is amazing and also steam is gentler on the garments than ironing which flattens out the fibers. The steaming process sanitises and revitalizes the garments and will help them last longer. Moreover you will save time, and money on your dry cleaning.

Electricflow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Electricflow

Been looking at steamers. So nice that Woot has one today. Need to get some creases out of my curtains. Then use it for wrinkles. However now I make sure my clothing gets hung right after the dryer. Ironing SUCKS!!

hapaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hapaboy

Absolutely perfect for killing bed bugs.

wkhill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wkhill

I am definitely in for one. I toured San Fransico on one once. It was so fun going up and down the hills by just leaning forward or backwards. Wait-huh? This isn't a segway? Never mind.

abang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abang

Can I build a sauna with this if I sit inside a closet with it and close the door?

calixguy18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages calixguy18

I'm considering getting one of these because I too, hate ironing. From what I've read, this doesn't press clothes (obviously), but then couldn't you just throw the wrinkled item in the dryer for a few minutes to get out the wrinkles?

What about the collars for dress shirts? I imagine you'd have to pull out the iron after steaming to get it crisp?