romiustexis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages romiustexis

I'm going on vacation on April 22nd. Anyone know if standard shipping will make it to me on time..??

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
dliidlii wrote:But Costco sells it NEW with double the manufacturers warranty and best return policy anywhere. You can get the cable and case for $10.

I totally agree. I have a Kindle Fire and I bought the case,auto charger,home charger and the PC conection cable for about $15 delivered. I assume you can get one for this Vizio for the same money.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
Da5id wrote:I am selling my new (12-6-11) 32 GB Lenovo K1 (1 yr warranty) 10.1" + real leather case + Lenovo dock + 3 (2 unused) screen protectors + + 32 GB Class 10 Micro SD for $250 to buy this.

My Lenovo has sits in its dock 2' from both my 28" monitor att'd to a $2K full tower gaming PC and 55" Plasma att'd to PC. (I BT media.)

My K1 tab is too fracking big and heavy for me!

Comments?

PS: I got my sis a Vizio for xmas and it seems more manageable.

The K1 is a very good tablet. I'll take that deal. The K1 has a better screen, better processor, but if you are looking for something smaller the Vizio is fine- just don't expect the same performance. Let me know if you don't have a buyer.

fjlmanderson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fjlmanderson

I have tried to order one. I just signed up and filled out the information but the response says "you have been banned". What is this?

kevinm92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinm92
Da5id wrote:If you want a ST warranty, goto their website, get on mailing list and wait for 30% off email coupon. Or buy a ST tab warranty at Amazon.

$45 for 2 yrs plus drops and spills.

The 45 for two years sounds good but he link takes me to a page to buy a different tablet?

grannie14and2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grannie14and2

Just a note about the Costco deal. I spoke with them today and Tablets are not included in the 2 year warranty extension. Also the return on electronics is 90 days, not 30. I just ordered the one from Costco ($189.99 + 9.99 shipping) because it's new and comes with a 1 year warranty from Vizio. So it is the same price as if I had bought the woot and added the extended warranty for $30. And I can return it for full refund within 90 days, no questions asked.

Da5id

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Da5id
hoodoogurus wrote:Got 2 for my kids before Christmas, and 1 of them came with a loose USB port, which I got replaced quickly by WOOT. As a device, they like it very much. Not as good as my Thrive, so if you want something more powerful, get the Toshiba Thrive instead.

Not as good as my $400-600 32GB Lenovo K1 [Transformer, Zoom, Blackberry, Dell, HP, Motorola, Toshiba] ... so if blah, blah, blah.

Thx dude for stating the obvious.

Da5id

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Da5id

Anyone know best class SD for this? I want to order from Amazon today. Thanks.

zeptillian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeptillian

Yes it does have GPS which you can use with apps. Since there is no cell connection you might want a program that has the maps preloaded instead of displaying them online like Google maps.

As far at tethering goes, you can share the connection from your Android phone as a wifi hotspot so this or any wifi enabled device can use your phone's connection but you can't do it through USB to this device.

One cool thing I did with mine is use the Wii controller to play emulators on it. It connects via bluetooth. Perfect for old school NES games.

h0w1tz3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h0w1tz3r

Since the update to Honeycomb this tablet has been pretty good. The screen is okay, the viewing angles are not the greatest. Functionality is great though, especially with the mini SD cards slot. I have used it for Netflix, and Amazon Prime Instant video and it handles both very well. For the price it is a good tablet. It's not an IPAD but it isn't the same price range either.

In our household we have 2 Pads, 1 Vizio, 2 Kindle Fires. We bought the Vizio for the kids so we could get our own devices back.

jss3297

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jss3297

I bought this unit in Dec 2011 on a whim for my husband, and I LOVE it! Recently bought a $500 tablet for myself, from a different manufacturer, (Supposed to be one of the best on the market), and sent it back because this one worked better and was faster. The size is perfect, and the fact that it comes with a case that’s made for it makes it very easy to work with. Since I kinda moved in on his gift, I am thinking of getting another one. Was leery about getting a refurb, but have not had ANY issues and got a warranty from Square Trade! You won’t be disappointed!

Jacqueline S. Simmons

hensonj7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hensonj7

This is killing me...just bought a notebook last night from Deals.woot and then you go and put an Android tablet on the next day at the price point out for which I've been holding. Are you going to explain this to to my wife, my daughter who will want to take it??? I thought not. Now I have to buy it so I'll have a tablet to play with during meetings at work like the rest of the crowd. Main selling point was after looking around a bit I see Honeycomb has client appliances for vpn and remote access I can tweak to access servers. Saw where someone loaded a vm on one. It must be a plot, I've been doing an extra 24x7 on-call so Woot plots for a weak moment. C'est la vie

ojohn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ojohn
kevinm92 wrote:I bought one and forgot to add the square trade warranty, is there any way to add it at the reduced woot price? The order has not shipped yet.

I can't test it myself, but I am pretty sure that you can just click on the Squaretrade box on the woot page and get your warranty at the special price today. When you click that box, you are taken to a special squaretrade page and the warranty form and discount price is prefilled for this unit sold today on woot. It is not billed through your woot account. So you can do it any time today to get the special price, just do it by starting from the woot page.

ojohn

Da5id wrote:Anyone know best class SD for this? I want to order from Amazon today. Thanks.

For video get Class 6 or Class 10. For MP3 or books Class 2 would be OK.

Just get Class 10.

Remember, it is MicroSD/MicroSDHC, not full size.

ojohn

CowboyDann wrote:I'll ask again, Do these things overheat when you watch video for extended periods of time? and how is the battery life while watching movies?

It gets warm, very warm, on the non-screen side, (it won't burn you) but if you have it in the case you get with it here it is NO problem. It does not overheat to a point of shutdown before the battery runs out - the low battery will shut it down cleanly. Then you can recharge then turn it on and it picks up right where you left off.

It will easily last 3 hours of video watching, maybe 4, maybe 4.5 hours, maybe even 5.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Velocity Micro Cruz PS47 2GB 7" Android Tablet for $130 + free shipping
For its newsletter subscribers only, newegg offers the Velocity Micro Cruz PS47 2GB 7" Android Tablet for $199.99. Coupon code "EMCYTZT1411" makes it $129.99. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find by $70. Features include a 7" 800x600 multi-touch screen, 1GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor, 2GB internal memory, microSD card slot, 802.11n wireless, and Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread). Deal ends April 8.

celticgina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celticgina

I am no longer a woot virgin.

This looked so interesting.....

Woo hoo!!!

or should that be
WOOT HOOT!?!

editorkid

quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid
rhmurphy wrote:Rooting gives you control of your device. You can back it up using Titanium, remove apps that the vendor burned into the ROM, and so forth. You can also completely replace the systems ROM with one from an independent developer, giving you quicker access to new releases of Android.It's very likely that you can get Ice Cream Sandwich for this already.

Finally, you can install software that your vendor restricts, like wireless tethering software.

I run my phone and my galaxy tab rooted with stock roms. This gives me a stable device that I get to run the way I want.

Right, none of which are really benefits for me. Google and other apps already back data up for free (I remember from installing it on the GTab that Titanium's free version is very limited), I don't stress out over apps I don't use, and I don't think any ROM developers are just porting straight Android versions -- most of them seem to be bundling apps and creating ugly skins as well.

I rooted the Viewsonic GTab because you really had to do much with it. My other Android experiences have been fine. It doesn't look like these really need to be rooted either, though it's been done and the links are in my other post if anyone's interested.

FWIW, I don't know if it applies to all of their Android phones, but T-Mobile's fine with using the G2 as a hotspot. It's just another network setting and they don't care.

Nekosdad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nekosdad

Yes very true & you don't have to wait 10 days till it gets here....stupid me tho, I ordered one here, it looks like I/we can get the warranty with it if we want, but I think I might take my chances, if it's gonna break it will go down with in the 1st month....keeping fingers crossed

dliidlii wrote:But Costco sells it NEW with double the manufacturers warranty and best return policy anywhere. You can get the cable and case for $10.

Nekosdad

editorkid

tc127 wrote:HP Tablet with ICS surely runs circles around this.

The Touchpad is large, heavy, awkward to hold, and slippery. It's really uncomfortable. The case solves the slippery problem but makes it larger, heavier, and even more awkward. I haven't touched mine in weeks.

editorkid

dliidlii wrote:ou can get the cable and case for $10.

Link?

kevinm92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinm92
ojohn wrote:I can't test it myself, but I am pretty sure that you can just click on the Squaretrade box on the woot page and get your warranty at the special price today. When you click that box, you are taken to a special squaretrade page and the warranty form and discount price is prefilled for this unit sold today on woot. It is not billed through your woot account. So you can do it any time today to get the special price, just do it by starting from the woot page.

Thank you, I could not see the squaretrade box to click on it on my phone. Pulled up woot on my laptop and there it was. Now I just need to decide between 1 or 2 years of coverage.

inthelead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages inthelead

I bought 3 of these at Christmas - one for wife and 2 kids. I have an ipad and they wanted ipads but no way I was shelling out that money. This is fine for what they need. Kids listen to music, email some, surf, facebook, read books, etc. Wife didn't really use it so I took it over and am selling my iPad - if that tells you anything. Compared to iPad - it is a bit smaller which i like, I do notice sometimes it is a little slow to respond so gets jumpy. If you are ok with that, you will like this. For basic tablet, it is just fine. Great for price.

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr
dliidlii wrote:Exactly! Today is the 7th.It was $199 YESTERDAY. Check Camelcamelcamel Also Cosco sells it NEW for $189. Do you need a link for that too?

Since Amazon owns Woot, they probably jack the price up when Woot puts something up- because everyone does a comparison to Amazon.
Clever bastages.

Nekosdad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nekosdad

$244.98 is what I spent today, $164.99 for the tablet, $43.99 for the 2 year warranty with Square Trade (I purchased the warranty a few hours after reading yall’s posts) and a 32 gig micro class 10 card from amazon for $36....Was I a sucker or what?

Nekosdad

joulem

quality posts: 2 Private Messages joulem
jrteichman wrote:Mine is NOT "rooted" and works great...

Neither is mine. And I use it just about everyday. It's more responsive than my phone. Only thing is, it forces me to not use as many shortcuts when inputting text. I have gotten so used to using substitutions on my phone to the point where using the tablet took a bit of getting used to.

For example, on my phone I tend to use "u" instead of "you," "2" instead of "to" or "too," "w/" instead of "with," etc...

On my phone, the autocorrect is more lenient. On the tablet, that's not the case. I could probably add/change input methods, but I need to stop being so lazy. :-)

eborgstrom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eborgstrom

Got this from Woot last time it was offered. Very happy with it, and the case is very good also.
Honeycomb upgrade last month went fine - no glitches.
Great tablet for the money.

Proud Owner of a BROWN Microsoft Zune 30GB Digital Media Player

And a bunch of other stuff I didn't really need......

macmic6

quality posts: 3 Private Messages macmic6

You can trade it in for $99.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
George S. Patton

jaideh

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jaideh

I purchased one in December. It had a problem with the charger not fully connected to the main board, so I had problems charging it. I called Vizio customer service in February and they replaced it fairly quickly.
I haven't had problems with this new one, except I have no idea what my son downloaded but yesterday it froze up and I had to do a hard reset. I hadn't backed anything up, so we had to start angry birds and smurf village again.
I watch netflix on it with no hitches or hiccups and my son plays all his games on it without delays.
Battery life seems longer with honeycomb, but wifi seems weaker. Signals that used to be strong now only show 1/2 signal. Regardless, I haven't had any prolems with reception.
If I had some extra money right now I would probably pick up a second one just for myself.

MrJazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrJazz
dliidlii wrote:Velocity Micro Cruz PS47 2GB 7" Android Tablet for $130 + free shipping
For its newsletter subscribers only, newegg offers the Velocity Micro Cruz PS47 2GB 7" Android Tablet for $199.99. Coupon code "EMCYTZT1411" makes it $129.99. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find by $70. Features include a 7" 800x600 multi-touch screen, 1GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor, 2GB internal memory, microSD card slot, 802.11n wireless, and Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread). Deal ends April 8.

I cringed when I saw that deal. My first tab was the Cruz T301... talk about not ready for prime time! I couldn't believe Velocity Micro released the thing. Hopefully, they've learned something along the way. Good luck!

monroebryant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monroebryant

Get this app for free tethering to your android. "Foxfi".

alan4359

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alan4359

Isn't it a bad idea to buy refurbished electronics?

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

Here's the Quick Start Guide (the complete User Manual looks to be a soft copy loaded on the tablet).

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Vizio/VTAB1008/Manual/237187

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fjlmanderson wrote:I have tried to order one. I just signed up and filled out the information but the response says "you have been banned". What is this?

Could mean a couple things:

1) You're someplace where the site we're trying to reach is blocked (like at work).

2) You're paying with PayPal but it's not backed by a credit card.

The message is really misleading. Not sure where it comes from but I think it's one of our payment services.

Could be a credit card was declined as well but I'm not positive on that one.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
alan4359 wrote:Isn't it a bad idea to buy refurbished electronics?

You must be new here!
(Oh, wait. You joined Woot more than 4 years ago).
??????

Mikecoe71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mikecoe71

It should be worth noting that this is at least the second time this item has been offered as a refurb.

I wonder what it says about the quality of the item that there is sufficient quantity of these in refurb state to offer for sale en mass...

Just an observation...

In for 3!

jeanmcguire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jeanmcguire

I got one of these the day after they came out at Sam's Club. I love it. I wanted something smaller than the 10" tablets (if I want to lug that much around, I might as well haul my netbook) and with a better screen form factor than the 7" tablets, which are really just overgrown cell phones. I paid a lot more than this for it (the early adopter thing and all) but I'm happier that I got it when I did than if I'd waited for a lower price.

I've been really happy with the upgrade to Honeycomb (they pushed that out last month). For one thing, it now understands all four directions can be "up". Sounds trivial, I know, but one of my major uses is to show screenshots to prospective website clients, and not having to hand them the tablet in a specific orientation is a good thing. Also, it can now talk to Bluetooth keyboards, which is sweet. I lucked into a great deal on a brand-new Logitech keyboard at a local flea market.

Let's see, what else... well, of course I play Angry Birds on it; I think that's mandatory. I do a lot of Web surfing with it, too. It makes a nice ebook reader (FBreader is a particularly good app for that), though I still prefer my Sony PRS-505 for that. Ironically, the one thing I've never particularly liked is the home theater remote control; for whatever reason, I prefer my 5-in-one remote that I bought cheap in a blister pack at Wal-Mart. A fair percentage of the time, the tablet hangs out on my desk running Pandora. And when I'm actively playing WoW, the remote AH is great; even when I'm not so active, being able to drop in on guild chat from unlikely places (a fast food restaurant in town ... a motel in another city ... an arts festival in a town with public wi-fi) is kind of fun.

The case is nice, though I use mine mostly for transport and sitting in restaurants, etc., when its easel configuration is handy.

If I didn't already have one, I'd buy this ins a split second. Since I do already have one, I'm trying to think of a reason I need two.

In short, if you want a portable Android tablet (fits neatly in a purse, large pocket, small pack, etc.) get this one; you can't go wrong.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
monroebryant wrote:Get this app for free tethering to your android. "Foxfi".

Yeah- I saw that but for some reason HTC devices aren't supported, so I end up using bluetooth DUN via PDAnet for tablets and it works pretty good- I rather have the hotspot that foxfi give you though

jeanmcguire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jeanmcguire
alan4359 wrote:Isn't it a bad idea to buy refurbished electronics?

I've never had a problem with a refurb *knock on wood* OUCH!#$%, and I've gotten everything from MP3 players to whole computers refurb (a fair number of them from Woot, come to think of it). Frankly, I suspect the QA on most companies' refurbs is better than it is on their new units. I'm cynical enough to suppose that they assume newly built units will work and just throw them in the box and ship them, but they actually have to test refurbs.

But in any event, no, it isn't a bad idea; in my personal and anecdotal experience, they've been at least as reliable if not more than the new stuff.

bcgrote

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcgrote

I have this exact tablet! Got it refurbed on Newegg for around $185, added a warranty to put it just over $200.

I ADORE this thing! I added the Kindle reader, mobi and pdf readers (it comes with Nook already loaded), and I am finally reading books again!

Also has a tv remote program that is AWESOME!

The battery life is good, I can read for 4 to 6 hours before it dies, and it charges back fully in just a couple of hours. (Really. Two hours.)

The controls are in good places, external volume control, power button at the top, SD card slot (currently holding 16G card, IIRC).

It weighs as much as a sturdy paperback, but fits well in my purse, which has a large DSLR and a large bottle of water already in it. I don't even notice the extra weight!

If I'm reading and it turns off, when I turn it on and swipe it open, it picks up where I left off reading. I can adjust the screen brightness with a swipe of my finger - great for reading in bed with lights out! Hubby doesn't do well if I use a booklight, but I don't even think he has noticed the Vizio if I come in after he's asleep!

This thing does all that the Kindle Fire can do PLUS! And at a lower price.

** As far as the "refurbed" thing goes, I see it as a good thing. Any bugs have been fixed, and it has usually been double checked for other problems. I haven't had any troubles with refurb items from any place I've bought from, and I've been buying them for decades! **
This thing is REALLY worth the money to me.