majorshopper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages majorshopper
ThunderThighs wrote:I had to refresh the page, but I was able to make a selection of 2, 3, and colors.

Have you tried refreshing the page?

What is it doing? Errors? nothing?

I had the problem with the color earlier today.... It just did nothing...even after I proceeded and clicked on the button, I still got the message he that I needed to pick a color.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

majorshopper wrote:I had the problem with the color earlier today.... It just did nothing...even after I proceeded and clicked on the button, I still got the message he that I needed to pick a color.

Ok. I'll monitor it and alert the team. I'm wondering if it didn't recognize that I was on a mobile device right away. Hmmmmmm.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

arg451

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arg451

does it come with a bottle opener? i want to have some woot beer with that soup

horsetrainer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages horsetrainer
SuperNinja wrote:

kwsharman wrote:

But most cans took more strength to open then was worth it

than

kwsharman wrote:

I would be weary of this.

wary"

I'm thinking if it takes all that much strength, then he would be weary.

shelldigity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shelldigity

So when I saw Smartpost, I expected to get this in, oh, a week.

Imagine my confusion when my mailman rings my doorbell and delivers my package today, approximately 48 hours after I ordered it.

Excellent use of Amazon fulfillment center, Woot friends.

Now I need to figure out something to eat that involves a can and a jar.

geordie97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geordie97

Got mine today but the jar opener isn't big enough to open a jar with a 4" top.

featherz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages featherz

Wow, these arrived warp speed. I am so used to waiting 2 weeks for anything from woot that I couldn't figure out what showed up in my mailbox yesterday. Two days! Good job.

prissyrabbit

quality posts: 4 Private Messages prissyrabbit

Got mine today. Pretty disappointed to say the least. I ordered 2 red - one for me and 1 for friend who has all red kitchen stuff. Sounds petty, but I thought the red would actually be red. Instead, not only is it more of a rust or cinnamon red, but the jar opener and the can opener are not even the same shade of this so-called "red".

When I bought, I read all the comments and didn't see anyone say these were not true red. I read the jokes about how the red ones are faster and all that, but didn't see anyone post that the color really wasn't red.

Impressed with the shipping speed, but not impressed with the item.

prissyrabbit

quality posts: 4 Private Messages prissyrabbit
the7654 wrote:I would have labeled it Soup da Woot not Woot Woup.

Or Woot Soop

So I think ingredients are:
LeakFrogs
Flying monkey bits
a Bunnies Ogling Carrots (contents of which are worth at least 5 times the cost)
Woot wine
a couple of micro SD cards for flavor
And coupon under the label for either a refurb Roomba or refurb Dyson and a complimentary over-stocked Woot T-shirt

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

Got mine in blue,fast shipping for sure. Works great,glad I bought it but now I have to put all the lids back on every jar in the house!

aramat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aramat

Got mine earlier in the week and I am impressed.

The red I got seemed adequately red, and I can't remember thinking the jar opener was a different shade of red than the lid lifter.

I bought it because the You-Tube video mentioned earlier made it look like the lid lifter opened the can like a hot knife through warm butter. When I finally figured out how to get it attached to the can and started turning, I didn't really think it was doing anything, the movement was so smooth. Sure enough, the lid popped right off.

Glad I got 3.

sdc100

quality posts: 508 Private Messages sdc100
shelldigity wrote:So when I saw Smartpost, I expected to get this in, oh, a week.

Imagine my confusion when my mailman rings my doorbell and delivers my package today, approximately 48 hours after I ordered it.

Excellent use of Amazon fulfillment center, Woot friends.

Now I need to figure out something to eat that involves a can and a jar.

Likewise. I live in NYC and got mine on Sat 4/14. Not only is it SmartPost, but our USPS postal carriers are somewhat incompetent, so I didn't expect it until Thurs or so. The sad irony is that USPS has been much quicker and responsible since the massive layoffs. Wow, Woot has been so fast with recent items that I've failed several times at making order modifications and cancellations.

Although I've used other brands of these type of openers, we're treating it as a new toy. Like you, we've been looking for cans to open -- and then storing the contents in a jar so that we can use the jar opener too! We've even used it to open cans that have a lift-top.

sdc100

geordie97 wrote:Got mine today but the jar opener isn't big enough to open a jar with a 4" top.

Yep, limit is 3.5". So you need to stop buying those megasize jars at food warehouses!

AS for the can opener, it too has some limits. You may have difficulty opening rectangular cans, i.e. sardines, because the the knob gets in the way. It's a design flaw. They should have elevated the knob a bit or make the knob smaller. It's one reason some people prefer the top turning models.

sdc100

felicitea wrote:This item's commonly available on Amazon for about the same price. Currently, it's $15.95 with no shipping fee to Prime members (a definite savings over Woot).

http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Safety-Master-Opener/dp/B000B6NXL6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334074743&sr=8-2

Okay, I'm replying way after the Woot is over but ... you're wrong in several ways.

1) This is a more expensive model that has the knob on the side. It's more expensive (and bulkier) because of the additional gears necessary to translate vertical turning knob to horizontal turning around the can. The vertical turning knob is more natural and comfortable for most people (like an old fashion can opener), especially those with arthritis. Amazon sells this model for $20 (and free s/h if you spend over $25).

2) This Woot comes with a Jar Opener, which is $20 alone on Amazon. The can opener you linked to only has 2 of the 5 functions of this jar opener. And it doesn't open jars.

In other words, you're getting $40 worth of gadgets if bought separately.

sdc100

felicitea wrote:This item's commonly available on Amazon for about the same price. Currently, it's $15.95 with no shipping fee to Prime members (a definite savings over Woot).

http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Safety-Master-Opener/dp/B000B6NXL6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334074743&sr=8-2

Okay, I'm replying way after the Woot is over but ... you're wrong in several ways.

1) This is a more expensive model that has the knob on the side. It's more expensive (and bulkier) because of the additional gears necessary to translate vertical turning knob to horizontal turning around the can. The vertical turning knob is more natural and comfortable for most people (like an old fashion can opener), especially those with arthritis. Amazon sells this model for $20 (and free s/h if you spend over $25).

2) This Woot comes with a Jar Opener, which is $20 alone on Amazon. The can opener you linked to only has 2 of the 5 functions of this jar opener. And it doesn't open jars.

In other words, you're getting $40 worth of gadgets if bought separately.

woottoady

quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady

I got mine, and I've yet to open a single can without going back to my Pampered Chef opener, as dull as it is.

I'm not convinced this is a learning curve issue, but who knows? Anyway... the good folks at Kuhn Rikon have offered to send a replacement. If that doesn't work I'm sticking with ring-tab pulls.

FWIW, the lid lifter that is part of the opener is pretty aromatic... you can't get much more than a gentle squeeze on the lid rim without damaging the device. Better keep those needle-nose pliers nearby.

nucleartwig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nucleartwig

I thought I was doing something wrong but turns out mine is defective. My brother ordered 2 sets and both his work fine. Mine wouldn't catch when turning the knob.

woottoady wrote:I got mine, and I've yet to open a single can without going back to my Pampered Chef opener, as dull as it is.

I'm not convinced this is a learning curve issue, but who knows? Anyway... the good folks at Kuhn Rikon have offered to send a replacement. If that doesn't work I'm sticking with ring-tab pulls.

FWIW, the lid lifter that is part of the opener is pretty aromatic... you can't get much more than a gentle squeeze on the lid rim without damaging the device. Better keep those needle-nose pliers nearby.

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

nucleartwig wrote:I thought I was doing something wrong but turns out mine is defective. My brother ordered 2 sets and both his work fine. Mine wouldn't catch when turning the knob.

Oh no! Sorry about that. Email us at service@woot.com and we'll get you taken care of.

jk1010jk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jk1010jk

Did anyone actually used the can opener, I spend 10 minutes and cannot figure it out. The instructions with drawing is not much help. Is there a video???

nucleartwig

DennisWKam wrote:Oh no! Sorry about that. Email us at service@woot.com and we'll get you taken care of.

Hmm, I contacted the manufacturer on April 18 (never done a return before and the woot FAQ said to contact manufacturer first) and they responded (April 19th) by asking for which one was broken (I thought I had specified the can opener but apparently I didn't) and then my mailing address saying they will send a replacement. I haven't heard from them again so I guess I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

@jk1010jk

It's actually very simple. If you are following the instructions then you might have a faulty one. I thought I was doing something wrong until I pulled out my brother's. It's like a regular can opener but instead of holding it vertical you're holding it horizontal (parallel to the lid) The "wheel" portion needs to be on the outside of the can with the cutting portion on the inside. Once you turn the knob clockwise, you'll feel resistance almost immediately and then you'll start spinning and cutting the can. The problem with mine was when I turned my knob it wouldn't catch the can. It would catch for just a tiny bit and once I continued turning, it would become loose again. Expletives were yelled and hair torn until I decided to get my brother's set because honestly, it's a freaking can opener. How hard can it be right?

Anyway, someone posted it earlier but here's the demonstration link

http://kuhnrikon.com/products/tools/tools.php3?id=367&show_tab=1

It is essentially the same except ours has the knob on the side instead of on top.

magicfest2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicfest2
nucleartwig wrote:
The problem with mine was when I turned my knob it wouldn't catch the can. It would catch for just a tiny bit and once I continued turning, it would become loose again.

Ok, this is exactly what mine is doing... I was starting to think I was just incompetent. I mean, I suppose I might still be incompetent, but in this case it's that the can opener is malfunctioning

stmurraypki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stmurraypki

Broke after 1 use, disappointed with the quality

nucleartwig

Well, I just received my replacement from Kuhn Rikon today and it works just fine. Just my luck to get a dud the first time.

lipsntoes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lipsntoes

It worked for a few cans, not so much now. I dont think it would open a cat turd at this point.

Replacement we go.....

orndog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orndog

This thing seems about useless, it seems to grab and let go. Hasn't opened a single can. Complete waste of money.

vincew9298

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vincew9298

Waste of money for the can opener. The jar opener works good.

cynestor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynestor

Can opener: Busted! Like many others, after only a few uses the "automatic" clamping mechanism gave out and won't grip the rim and apply the "blade". When it worked it was great. But, really, shouldn't it have lasted, well gosh I don't know, a year?!

davebra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davebra

Mine actually worked on about a dozen cans and now just drops them, no gripping action.

orndog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orndog

I bought 2, first one worked once! The second was supposed to be a gift but I needed a can opener so I opened it, it didn't work at all. Come one Woot, do you stand behind this stuff?

BPL5683

quality posts: 25 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

orndog wrote:I bought 2, first one worked once! The second was supposed to be a gift but I needed a can opener so I opened it, it didn't work at all. Come one Woot, do you stand behind this stuff?

Please see my PM.
Thanks,
Phil

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

taxmanarfcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taxmanarfcom

I am having the same problem with mine not opening cans after a few uses.

davebra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davebra
taxmanarfcom wrote:I am having the same problem with mine not opening cans after a few uses.

I wrote the company and they sent me a replacement that didn't work out of the box and I am now waiting on a 3rd. Maybe 3rd times a charm.

ThorsHammer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ThorsHammer

30 minutes of my life I will never get back. Watched video, and opener isn't even the same. Either I am an brainiac or this thing doesn't work. I am pissed

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ThorsHammer wrote:30 minutes of my life I will never get back. Watched video, and opener isn't even the same. Either I am an brainiac or this thing doesn't work. I am pissed

i'm sure you're not an brainiac.
i know this experience is a little jarring.
email service@woot.com, but plz do not open a can of whoopass on them.

i'll forward this info along so they can expect to hear from you. sorry for all the consternation. (cansternation?)

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

franwisc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages franwisc

I love these openers, have arthritis starting to set in and they are so easy to use. Love that the can opener doesn't leave those jagged edges. Yep, I wash my cans to recycle and before I had the opener I always nicked my hand. You know there were a few "alternative" words said but, not anymore.