jaredelouis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaredelouis

ELEANOR

spiderfarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spiderfarts

No, there are 3 other clear winners:

#1: Mad Max, choose any vehicle.

#2: Street Hawk.

#3: Automan's car, "Cursor." Not technically a car, but it was a friggin' Lamborghini!! Google it, you young whippersnappers.

wdack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdack

The Partridge Family bus with a young, sultry Susan Dey in the back seat.

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet
ThunderThighs wrote:Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Sounds like me getting out of bed in the morning!! Or getting out of the car!! Or getting up from my computer chair?? Or......yada, yada, yada.

doxylover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doxylover

The car in the Munsters!

workinpoor

quality posts: 15 Private Messages workinpoor

In third grade, I used to while away hours drawing the Kenworth-powered 18-wheeler central to the show BJ & the Bear. That was a cool truck.

rjr104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjr104

Erkles' Izetta

arrScott

quality posts: 4 Private Messages arrScott

Magnum's Ferrari, hands down. ROBIN-1.

samsmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samsmom

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the '67 Impala from Supernatural... It's beautiful and always sounds like a lion roaring down the road. Not only a great car, but the music on the radio is always the BEST!

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack
worldwidewebfeet wrote:The Munster mobile.

The Clampett's truck.

IMHO, the Munster Mobile must be the most awesome one of them all!

crazyMike839

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyMike839

any of the Munster Koach cars!

ratmotor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ratmotor

Abby Sciuto's '31 Ford 5-window.

laughalot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laughalot

It's really too bad I can't vote for KITT twice. Cause KITT is twice as awesome as any of the other cars there.

rkarljr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rkarljr

Simon Templar's Volvo P1800 in "The Saint" (played by a pre-Bond Roger Moore).

lumpthar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lumpthar
TheTexasTwister wrote:KITT from Knight Rider (the original series).

The other vehicles are great choices, but that is all they are: vehicles. No matter how many bells and whistles they have they are just vehicles.

KITT, on the other hand, is an artificial intelligence with the ability to operate the car in which the AI resides. It is the only automobile on the list that can actively come to your aide when you need it.

I was going to say that most new cars have many of the same features that KITT had installed by The Foundation. They talk to you, they can show you where you are on a map, they can respond to voice commands, they can stop to avoid an accident, they have forward- and rear-facing infrared cameras, etc.

The key difference is that the car has AI, and it was taught to help you and stop baddies. Plus it has ejector seats and power doors and fingerprint identification and a bluetooth dongle and polytetrapseudotechnomer panels that resist heat, bullets, impact, and baddies.

undfan421

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undfan421

I second Viper from the incredibly awesome show by the same name.

Also, what about the van from the TMNT cartoon series? Donatello put some work into that piece! Eh? Eh?

criscarroll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages criscarroll

Starsky and Hutch's Gran Torino or The Mystery Machine.

whosgotmyusername

quality posts: 4 Private Messages whosgotmyusername

Steve McQueen's black mustang fastback - blew away (literally) the Charger. The Charger is my favorite muscle car, but the General Lee's paint job was too much!

wut we have here is FAILURE to communicate!

gcraney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcraney

Monster from Death Race 2000 (1975)
http://bit.ly/IwOfpk

meanolthing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meanolthing

If you count the animated series, technically you could include the DeLorean DMC-12 from Back To The Future.

Pamini

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pamini

I'm torn between Lady Penelope's FAB1 and Maxwell Smart's Sunbeam Tiger. Ooh, I forgot about the Monkeemobile!

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

Columbo's 1959 Peugeot.

kds100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kds100

The Delorean from Back to the Future II

ramquez31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramquez31

No Delorian from Back to the Future?

How DARE you!

genel2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genel2

Bob Cummings' Aerocar, he flew it at start of show.

professorbacon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages professorbacon

No contest - James Bond's 007 car.

smittygun1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages smittygun1

Tony's van from "Who's the Boss".

workinpoor

quality posts: 15 Private Messages workinpoor
samsmom wrote:I can't believe that no one has mentioned the '67 Impala from Supernatural... It's beautiful and always sounds like a lion roaring down the road. Not only a great car, but the music on the radio is always the BEST!

Good one! I can't believe I didn't think of it myself! My wife & daughter have recently watched every episode available on Netflix, so it should have been fresh on my mind. And you're right--the music IS the best.

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

They did specify TV so Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is not eligible, if it was it would get my vote. So instead, hands down, it HAS to be Kevin Levin's car from Ben 10 Alien Force and Ben 10 Ultimate Alien. I want that car!

mct13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mct13

Another vote for the Monkeemobile!

mct13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mct13
quark613 wrote:Emma Peel's Lotus in The Avengers

Only if she's in it!

xtobiasx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xtobiasx
epicsatyr wrote:Was just going to mention that!

Also they said "CAR" not van, and the mystery machine, and the van from A-team, are both vans.

But, if I had to choose, I'd go with the Toyota Trueno from Initial D.

Good job! Way to mince words.

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 00000100

Seconding the Mystery Machine. (Despite the fact that it's a van. The point of formal rules of language is to ensure that we all understand each other and, while ambiguous, you knew what the author meant. Shame on you. I suppose it's not surprising that you'd choose the car from Initial D.)

Also going to suggest the Impossimobile from The Impossibles. Aside from sharing a name with one of my favorite indie-ska bands, it transformed from their stage into the car (as well as their jet, submarine, etc.)

http://comicsworthreading.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/impossibles.jpg

Rally ho!

epicsatyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr
00000100 wrote:Seconding the Mystery Machine. (Despite the fact that it's a van. The point of formal rules of language is to ensure that we all understand each other and, while ambiguous, you knew what the author meant. Shame on you. I suppose it's not surprising that you'd choose the car from Initial D.)

Also going to suggest the Impossimobile from The Impossibles. Aside from sharing a name with one of my favorite indie-ska bands, it transformed from their stage into the car (as well as their jet, submarine, etc.)

http://comicsworthreading.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/impossibles.jpg

Rally ho!

Shame on me?

I'm sorry I didn't know that the word "Van" can also mean car! I guess I didn't see that episode of mythbusters.

epicsatyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr
xtobiasx wrote:Good job! Way to mince words.

I aim to please!

awesomeamber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awesomeamber
samsmom wrote:I can't believe that no one has mentioned the '67 Impala from Supernatural... It's beautiful and always sounds like a lion roaring down the road. Not only a great car, but the music on the radio is always the BEST!

This is exactly the car that led me to vote "other"

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I owned a '69 Buick LeSabre that was essentially the same car with different tail lights. I was probably the third owner and it had 120,000 miles when I bought it for $800. When I parked it for the last time at my folks place it had nearly 350,000. The 350 engine went through batteries, starters and alternators like candy, but the engine would not die.

jphillips63303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jphillips63303
whosgotmyusername wrote:Steve McQueen's black mustang fastback - blew away (literally) the Charger. The Charger is my favorite muscle car, but the General Lee's paint job was too much!

The Mustang was green. That is why all of the "Bullitt" edition Mustangs Ford has built recently are green.

Annarritola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Annarritola

The Mystery Machine!