WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: When’s the last time you recorded a video with a camcorder or phone?
  • 13.4% - during the Holidays 133
  • 9.6% - during a party 95
  • 8.5% - at my kid’s school function 84
  • 8.4% - at a concert 83
  • 38% - I don’t make videos 378
  • 22.2% - Other (specify in the comments) 221
994 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

2 weekends ago at the annual Pinewood Derby, where both of my kids won!

melissadrag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melissadrag

Last week when I was in Vegas

pmcizhere

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmcizhere

Why, just last night with the girlfriend, in bed! Oh, wait I meant when we played miniature golf...Yeah, that's it!

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

disneyfreak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages disneyfreak

When we were looking at houses to buy. Only way I can keep them straight!

khiraji

quality posts: 1 Private Messages khiraji

A few days ago, while whitewater kayaking.

xenon9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xenon9

When driving down the road last week, the ground fog made it look like I was driving on a road in the clouds. Pretty cool.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I send my son a phone video every few days of his cat and how he likes to annoy the crap out of me. Son is at college so I get to take care of the cat.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Jexit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jexit

Every other day or so, my cats do something video worthy. About 1/3 of the time, I can actually get to the camera to take a video. So maybe twice a week.

bartdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bartdog
Jexit wrote:Every other day or so, my cats do something video worthy. About 1/3 of the time, I can actually get to the camera to take a video. So maybe twice a week.

this, except it's my dog or kids

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz

Work. To record how to do something for "the next guy".

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain
jeparz wrote:Work. To record how to do something for "the next guy".

Training your replacement, eh?

I mostly capture nature and quasi-nature (cats) videos with mine. Family gatherings sometimes. The initial idea of the videocam I have was to use in an underwater housing while scuba diving, but I haven't built the housing yet.

juco77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juco77

My friend's band was performing at a coffe shop on St. Patty's Day. First time I used my smart phone's camera. Worked like a charm!

gregginknox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregginknox

I have a three year old cat who was raised with my adult potbellied pig. As a kitten, he would cuddle up with the pig at night and have ecome good) friends. When the cat was small, he would play around with the pig such as bite his ears or jump off and on top of him.

Well, now the cat is an adult (very bushy solid black long haired) and the potbellied pig is about thirteen years old. So the cat likes to dig in the pig"s ear & lick it out, both massaging and cleaning at the same time. This is internmently interrupted by bursts of playing with the pigs hair and scratching his back. The pig doesn't move during this procedure & quite enjoys it although I"m sure it doesn't happen nearly as often as the pig would like.

When I see this and am able, I grab any recording device which is usually my phone and record hoping to catch a really funny exchange. Not that the whole interaction isn't funny. Almost as funny as my rescue squirrel attacking the same crouching tiger cat.

aafalke

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aafalke

I have an 18 month old, so I record her doing stuff...probably weekly. I know I used both my phone and our regular camera this week to record her going up the playground set and down the slides by herself.

grasshopper2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grasshopper2
natalieug wrote:2 weekends ago at the annual Pinewood Derby, where both of my kids won!

Any hints for winning the derby? My hubby designed our kids cars and they didn't do that great! He scoffed the wheels and did all the basics.....

nursesandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nursesandy

the last time my father was too drunk to get off the bar room floor - for entertainment purposes only ... to be shown at our next family reunion =) Thanks Dad 4 de memories ...

epicsatyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr

The Gigantour a few months ago at MSG. I borrowed my gf's camcorder. Very good show btw!

crabil88

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crabil88

Video scavenger hunt a couple months back!

so much fun, for each thing you cross of the list you have to a video of your team doing it, when all the teams get back after X amount of time you watch all the videos and start racking up the points.

phoenixgirrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixgirrl

I recorded family at Easter (does that count as "Holidays"? Otherwise I record the kids at home and at school events.

yakeshinu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yakeshinu

Today. But then I have a new kitten, so there's that...

thepacezoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepacezoo

I take videos regularly of my 3 year olds. The kids love to watch themselves playing in the mud and riding their Power Wheels. Don't ever really do much else with the vidoes but their Pop Pop loves to watch them!!

dsefrhans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsefrhans

I have 3 grandaughters under 3 - so I record quite often -

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

on vacation - we don't pay thousands to go play only to forget it ;)

Kids: "Mom, we never get to do anything fun!"
Mom: "Sit your rears down, watch 5 hours of vacation videos and then tell me that."

kayraade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayraade

The ANIMALS, the animals!!

Kay K. Raade

mcq9mm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcq9mm

Last night...I stalk my children with the camera as well as the camcorder. But hey I got a great clip of mary had a little lamb and a nark on Pappa and Uncle about easter candy.

metagg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages metagg

During the aftermath of a snow storm a few weeks ago. All the trees with cherry-type blossoms mostly collapsed. The street that heads to our house is lined with these trees. It was beautiful in a sad way.

secrous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages secrous

When I have a dance lesson - I get a video of the instructor recap.

paradise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paradise

While on vacation at Crater Lake.

cedricthorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cedricthorn

Yesterday for our Church.

AlphaWolf102582

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AlphaWolf102582

Our wedding night. Get your minds out of the gutter!

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder

I took a video of a friend's golf swing. He wanted to analyze it. That was a couple of weeks ago.

harle85

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harle85

A couple weeks ago when my dog was acting super-cute and I wanted to share it with my sister

packratpatty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages packratpatty

I bought it years ago... I can't remember when I last used it. It gathers dust in the closet.

Discord

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Discord

All the time.

Shaneyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shaneyboy

Yesterday. I coach gymnastics and regularly record my students so I can show them little slow-mo replays of what they are doing. It is an awesome teaching tool.

sammwolff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammwolff

OK poll. I record our dance instructors on my phone so when I twirl my wife into the wall I can show her the video and prove it's not my fault.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom

A couple of months ago when I bought a camera that also records video, just to try it out.

KingofChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingofChaos

a few hours ago!

aizel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aizel

For my YouTube channel! :D

youtube.com/pockyroad