Staff

Poll: I run:
  • 38.1% - Only when chased. 581
  • 3.1% - Marathons. I’m a total badass like that. 47
  • 21.3% - When the crosswalk signal is about to turn. 325
  • 11.5% - When there’s a sale on beer and Little Debbies. 175
  • 26% - For fun and sport, without making a huge deal out of it. 397
1525 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

glinness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages glinness

Specifically, only when being chased by the police. Had to settle for the best match.

mamawoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mamawoot

...only when being chased by zombies.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

I only run programs.

mizmoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mizmoose

None of the above. I'm disabled, you nincompoopies.

I can, however, hobble really slowly and beat you with my big metal cane.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

I'm too fat to walk, so I buzz around in the junk-food aisles in Wal-Mart on my scooter.

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder

In my "mispent youth" I blew out both knees skiing, surfing, and playing team sports. Since them I have had one knee replaced and one waiting in the wings.
I walk (sometimes really fast) and am very happy to be able to do that. Running, even jogging, would wipe out my fake joint.

epicsatyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr

I mostly do 5k's and family fun runs. No thanks on the marathons tho, they go on for days.

xenon9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xenon9

Its against Doctors orders to run (I have a note). Between the black ice and the idots that pull out in front of me, I don't need any more sugery or I'll be in the same boat as the person in the other post (trying to make my OEM equipt last a little longer).

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

Never, and like some others above it's doctor mandated. But thanks to knee surgery summer before last and getting some of the arthritis spurs ground out fairly long walks are possible again. Now just have to wait to hit sixty so insurance will cover getting the hip replaced. Unless one of you geniuses can come up with one that will last longer than twenty years sites it can be done now.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Running is overrated. Hindu squats are more effective, low impact, and require no space, equipment or expensive shoes to do.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I run for exercise, 30 minutes a day, mandated because I have diabetes. It's not for fun or sport. I use a treadmill, because in South Florida the heat will get you, and it rains a lot during rainy season.

jmustain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmustain

Mostly just my nose runs.

prfesser

quality posts: 7 Private Messages prfesser

NOT. I'm an old fart. Running makes me tired. Plus my knees ache. And there's no where I need to get to fast anyway. Except the toilet at 3 AM. Damned worthless Depends.

Although I will walk quickly when Little Debbies are on sale. Especially the Swiss Rolls.

Now get off my lawn.

teejayeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teejayeff

. . . only when I'm avoiding traffic.

skievlan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skievlan

I completely lost my ability to run on Jan 20, 2009, about 9:20am Central time... inauguration day, just as they finished swearing him in. My fall was documented by a few news cameras. I knew this would be a bad four years from that moment.

DriveBy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DriveBy

I actually am a total badass like that. But if the zombies can keep running for 26.3 miles, I'm screwed.

panthiest

quality posts: 19 Private Messages panthiest

http://runforyourlives.com/

Flaminghotsauce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Flaminghotsauce
jmustain wrote:Mostly just my nose runs.

Do your feet smell? Uh, oh....

jaguar943

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaguar943

to catch buses.

FilmFeller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FilmFeller

I don't run. I've that running keeps me fit, healthy, keeps my weight down and my muscle tone up, makes my heart and my lungs stronger, releases endorphins, and gives me that euphoric feeling of runner's high.

Who needs that crap! And how does it help me better surf the web? Screw it, I says!

josephraa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages josephraa

I run at work to get things done marginally faster (extremely tight deadlines for installation "milestones") or to respond to equipment problems faster. Cashiers appreciate immediate response when they've got a line of customers and their register goes down. Must suck for them the rest of the time though since I'm only at each store for a couple mornings to install some stuff and then I'm gone and they have to rely on their regional dedicated field service techs.

nyjfootball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyjfootball

I forgot how it's been so long.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I run from Zombies.

gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces

I run when my Pit Bull (rescued from being tied for 3 years to a broken-down-truck) starts to prance and then breaks into a full-on-run during our 'walks'. He gets so darn happy and gets a scent of freedom and together we chase happiness. It's not elusive when we have each other!

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder
gina3graces wrote:I run when my Pit Bull (rescued from being tied for 3 years to a broken-down-truck) starts to prance and then breaks into a full-on-run during our 'walks'. He gets so darn happy and gets a scent of freedom and together we chase happiness. It's not elusive when we have each other!

I really envy your attitude about running and your relationship with your dog.